Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Developments #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that too. So, if Japan changes the safety level of radiation exposure, does that make it so? Heck, why don't they just say 10.5 times?

:banghead:

Mel
The international limit is 500 millisieverts. But, yeah, it sucks.

I think they mean they are bulldozing an access road to get TO the plant. So much debris to be cleared away for emergency vehicles to get there.

They won't be hauling any debris away, imo. But, I hope we get some clarification on this, it sure could be either way.

I'm with not my kids - AND I don't believe there have been any wokers in that plant since at least Sunday. AND the workers that were there are now deceased.

Since the explosion at reactor #1 - days ago - where you can actually see the roof blow off that sucker - there has been severe radiation levels out there. The spent fuel pools are at the TOP of those buildings and we now have THREE buildings with the roofs blown off. It don't take no nuclear physicist (sp?) to figure out those spent fuel rods blew with those roofs.

Our navy has had to reposition our ships everyday. Now the new ships getting there are going to go to the west coast of the country.

In that one article - it said they have kept EVERY spent fuel rod for 30 years AT THE PLANT and that now the total of rods at the plant are approx 600,000. Can you imagine?

Dr. Gupta said tonight - and this it what we have to watch for - when the Japanese gov't tells the people to take those iodide pills. You have a 48 hour window after taking them and you don't want to miss that window. So, when we see that statement then we know this is reached critical mass.

You know Quiche, I keep flying through the news channels so I can't remember which one but there was a weather forcast for Japan and those winds were blowing right toward Toyoko.

I did a lot of video watching earlier on the other two big nuclear crises (TMI and Chernobyl) but I don't remember all of what I saw. (I still do intend to bring some of the more valid and interesting vids over, but I might not be able to til morning).

That said, one of the things I thought I saw earlier was that even Chernobyl didn't blow right away? I think TMI did, but wasn't Chernobyl like 6 days after they first detected problems? Or am I completely skewed on that?

I would think that the efforts that have been expended here on Japan's reactors would buy some time, but if they are going to blow anyway, this does seem like the time they would be getting ready to go completely, if what I read earlier and my understanding of the science here are correct.

Different uncoonected thought: If they are bulldozing the road to keep people out, then there is no one alive in that plant or the government is trying to kill about 50 men. If they are bulldozing a way in, then there were no firefighters earlier, unless they were fighting it with garden hoses, right? Either way, this reeks.

They won't be hauling any debris away, imo. But, I hope we get some clarification on this, it sure could be either way.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I didn't mean they would haul debris anywhere, I just meant push it (clear it) from a roadway, to make a path.

Belimom, I think one could read it so that they are going to bulldoze/create a new access road for firetrucks...but I don't know. I first thought that it was to create another way *in*, but your read makes sense, too.

Dunno. All I know, is that I'm praying hard for everyone...all over the world. God be with each and everyone.

Best-
Herding Cats

I think they mean they are bulldozing an access road to get TO the plant. So much debris to be cleared away for emergency vehicles to get there.

You're right. :doh:

I now just actually read the link. It's hard to quote b/c it's so short we'd be in a copyright violation. But it does say the roads are being bulldozed to allow access for fire trucks. My bad...

I'm with not my kids - AND I don't believe there have been any wokers in that plant since at least Sunday. AND the workers that were there are now deceased.

Since the explosion at reactor #1 - days ago - where you can actually see the roof blow off that sucker - there has been severe radiation levels out there. The spent fuel pools are at the TOP of those buildings and we now have THREE buildings with the roofs blown off. It don't take no nuclear physicist (sp?) to figure out those spent fuel rods blew with those roofs.

Our navy has had to reposition our ships everyday. Now the new ships getting there are going to go to the west coast of the country.

In that one article - it said they have kept EVERY spent fuel rod for 30 years AT THE PLANT and that now the total of rods at the plant are approx 600,000. Can you imagine?

Dr. Gupta said tonight - and this it what we have to watch for - when the Japanese gov't tells the people to take those iodide pills. You have a 48 hour window after taking them and you don't want to miss that window. So, when we see that statement then we know this is reached critical mass.

I really think that's what the prime minister was so furious about with TEPCO. He feels they have lied and in doing so who knows when the first 48 hrs were up!

[/B][/U]

I really think that's what the prime minister was so furious about with TEPCO. He feels they have lied and in doing so who knows when the first 48 hrs were up!
But if that's the case - then the gov't would have issued the "take the pills" warning already. I think the PM is furious because TEPCO is willing to and wanting to just walk away and "what will be, will be".

I think tonight's statement about the workers suspending operations and being evacuated was a "toe in the water" test to see how something like that would be received. And, obviously is wasn't received well at all - so now - its all OK now - the workers have gone back in. When in reality, they haven't been in there for at least the past 24 hours and maybe more.

You're right. :doh:

I now just actually read the link. It's hard to quote b/c it's so short we'd be in a copyright violation. But it does say the roads are being bulldozed to allow access for fire trucks. My bad...

Oh man, me too! I'm getting mushy brained... :blushing:

Some Indian companies with operations in Japan are taking precautionary steps, asking their Indian staff there to relocate their families and offering them the option to return themselves if the situation warrants.

Global software major Infosys Technologies advised its Indian employees to send their families back to India. It has also given its staff there the choice to return if the situation warrants it, a top company official said Tuesday.

Another top software major, Tata Consultancy Services also said Tuesday it was ready to relocate its Indian staff and their families in Japan back to India and was looking at how best to serve their clients there. Wipro, another software major, also said it was taking similar measures.

Wipro, however, said though it was also monitoring the developing situation in Japan and has set up a hotline for updates, it has not yet sent any advisory on their movement.

The three companies have an estimated 700 Indians working in Japan.

http://www.siliconindia.com/shownew..._Japan_to_send_families_-nid-80520-cid-1.html

HEY! Can't the International Space Station take still pics and use a "radiation detection" camera - kinda like an infrared. I wonder what they have been "seeing" from up there?

Is this Ed Show on MSNBC live? Saying workers are unable to continue at plant due to radiation risk... Is this a rerun?

It seems they are all repeats of earlier shows tonight - on all channels - I've been channel surfing trying to find some live coverage.

I became most concerned when The Ronald Regan turned around. When did that happen? 2 days ago?

I became most concerned when The Ronald Regan turned around. When did that happen? 2 days ago?
I've been counting and so far the USS Ronald Reagan has repositioned (or we've been told they repositioned) three times over the past couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman