Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Status #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, I'll take what ever we can get at this point Cluciano. I'll be da#mned if I am going to get caught up in thinking we can't get something from "they" talking. You may not get a detailed plan or step by step answers, but you can get a good idea what's going on even from what they don't say, or how they do say what they say....KWIM? I'm not about to pull an "Eeyore" at this stage in the game.....lol.

I've kept my eye out for projections on this thing, and I'm not coming up with much. Anyone else?

I'm in the same boat with you and Hockeymom...I too cannot come up with much. Heck, I've even attempted to try and understand the science & do the math and I get all confused. My concern is they speak of radiation exposure in such general terms and I wish they would give us super specific information and put the puzzle together for us. Such as, given the total potential amount of radioactive materials in 6 reactors, what amounts and types of fallout could occur and why? I hope I am making sense.

I too am worried for all the children! I realize they don't want to panic people on a what-if scenario but I really believe I can make a better decision on my own based on the information and my personal risk tolerance.

I just want to be educated on this....ughh I am so frustrated!

BTW, I am also sensitive to the enormous tragedy the people in Japan are going through and my heart goes out to them. But yes, I think of potential danger to us too.

I'm in the same boat with you and Hockeymom...I too cannot come up with much. Heck, I've even attempted to try and understand the science & do the math and I get all confused. My concern is they speak of radiation exposure in such general terms and I wish they would give us super specific information and put the puzzle together for us. Such as, given the total potential amount of radioactive materials in 6 reactors, what amounts and types of fallout could occur and why? I hope I am making sense.

I too am worried for all the children! I realize they don't want to panic people on a what-if scenario but I really believe I can make a better decision on my own based on the information and my personal risk tolerance.

I just want to be educated on this....ughh I am so frustrated!

BTW, I am also sensitive to the enormous tragedy the people in Japan are going through and my heart goes out to them. But yes, I think of potential danger to us too.

Yeah, that!!

Earthquakes...

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.php

(I notice California is getting a little hiccupy )

I'm in CA and just about everyone I know is on edge - feeling like "IT" is coming. You look at what's happened in the last six months or so with every other place that has fault lines and it almost stands to reason that it's got to happen here. I hope we're all wrong and just feeling more than a little panicked by especially the last week's events but there just seems to be this sense of inevitability by so many of us...

1844: Japanese authorities have informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) that engineers were able to lay an external grid power line cable to unit 2 of Fukushima nuclear plant, according to a statement on the IAEA website.The operation was completed at 0830 GMT.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

Jim Berkland who predicted the 1989 world series earthquake is predicting another one march 19-26 I saw somewhere that's why all those dead fish washed up on the california coast recently he says. :waitasec:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Berkland

March 19 has become a rather ominous date amongst those of us fearing California's next big one. Thanks (I think!) for this post...gonna run out and stock up on more water this afternoon (and with one dislocated shoulder that should be tricky)...

1844: Japanese authorities have informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) that engineers were able to lay an external grid power line cable to unit 2 of Fukushima nuclear plant, according to a statement on the IAEA website.The operation was completed at 0830 GMT.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698
ok - they laid the line - but have they "plugged it in"?

My grampy worked for the electric company here for many many many years. Electricity is nothing to play with. If they "turn this on" in this disaster area - well, it just really scares me. Any spark, and jolt, volt, etc. could cause.................

Shepard Smith on FOX just said they will carry it live and I'm sure CNN, MSNBC and others will probably too.

The SUPER FULL MOON on the 19th is scarey to me.........the tides of the ocean........
Take every precaution you can.
Bless your hearts, I'm worried for all of you.
Stay safe.

Right at 3:30 I have to run and pick up a grandson after school and take him to a learning center.
I'll miss everything.........(lies?) to comfort us?
I'll come back here and read.
WS has great reporters and I trust you guys!

Hubby told me last night we have enough plastic sheeting and duct tape to cover three football fields. :crazy:

By the way, we are teaching our next basic CERT class on April 2 & 9 if y'all want to come. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay