Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Status #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long-term health risk may widen evac zone

Quote: The government will expand the evacuation zone around the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant because concerns are rising about the cumulative, long-term risk of radiation exposure,...

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20110411x3.html

I feel terribly for these people losing their homes, but I am relieved the government it becoming a tad more truthful. Folks need to go, and not turn back. :(

Discussion on the Fukushima Dai-Ichi Nuclear Power Plant accident

"A forum for discussion, analysis and data referencing regarding the tragic events unfolding at Fukishima Daichi Nuclear Power Plant in Japan. Hosted by a group of UC Berkeley educated nuclear engineering alumni and students. Anyone is welcome to join."

Search facebook "daiichi nuclear power plant" to join group

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am friends on facebook with a person who lives in that immediate area. He posted a few minutes ago "Another earthquake very close to those reactors. Off-site power is now back (only 50min blackout)"

NEWS ADVISORY: Japan eyes raising level of nuke crisis to most severe

http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/

Article isn't up yet, but I'm astounded they're going there at this point. So they are essentially admitting this is as bad as Chernobyl already.

Discussion on the Fukushima Dai-Ichi Nuclear Power Plant accident

"A forum for discussion, analysis and data referencing regarding the tragic events unfolding at Fukishima Daichi Nuclear Power Plant in Japan. Hosted by a group of UC Berkeley educated nuclear engineering alumni and students. Anyone is welcome to join."

Search facebook "daiichi nuclear power plant" to join group

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am friends on facebook with a person who lives in that immediate area. He posted a few minutes ago "Another earthquake very close to those reactors. Off-site power is now back (only 50min blackout)"

I believe this link should work. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_177355305643452

Brave or crazy I don't know.

[video=youtube;yp9iJ3pPuL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp9iJ3pPuL8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I've been looking around for information on this, and come to find the date at thec bottom of the article is March 14th! Thankfully, there has not been another blast!

OMG, I am so sorry! Thanks for catching that, I believed it happened today. I am trying to touch thanks on everyone's comment, but want to say I really appreciate everyone's contribution! It was so hard to get info, still is.

OMG, I am so sorry! Thanks for catching that, I believed it happened today. I am trying to touch thanks on everyone's comment, but want to say I really appreciate everyone's contribution! It was so hard to get info, still is.

No prob, it very well could have happened again! Hopefully the nitrogen will prevent another hydrogen explosion. :seeya:

Baja California had a 3.8 magnitude EQ last night at 9:00.

OT: How about a little good news for a change? I 'helped' rescue a sick sea lion this morning! All I did was keep watch until Sea World was able to come and get her, but it still felt pretty good to do some good somewhere. She wasn't moving at all, and I was afraid she was injured, but the guy from Sea World said she had probably eaten fish contaminated with a naturally occurring neurotoxin that comes from alga blooms that are common here during warm weather, which had temporarily paralyzed her, and "messed with her brain". They'll give her some fluids and some steroids and let her rest a few days, and she'll (most likely) be fine, and then they'll release her right back where we found her. And, she's probably pregnant!

So. It's a good day.
s050.gif

Japan may raise nuke accident severity level to highest 7 from 5
TOKYO,
April 12, Kyodo

snip-

The Nuclear Safety Commission of Japan released a preliminary calculation Monday saying that the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant had been releasing up to 10,000 terabecquerels of radioactive materials per hour at some point after a massive quake and tsunami hit northeastern Japan on March 11.

The disclosure prompted the government to consider raising the accident's severity level to 7, the worst on an international scale, from the current 5, government sources said. The level 7 on the International Nuclear Event Scale has only been applied to the 1986 Chernobyl catastrophe.

The current provisional evaluation of 5 is at the same level as the Three Mile Island accident in the United States in 1979.
http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/04/84721.html

Not the greatest translation, but here it is:

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20110412/t10015249911000.html

For a series of accidents happening at TEPCO's Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency of the Ministry of Economy, which released large amounts of radioactive substances that affect human health and the environment in a wide range As an assessment based on international standards of the accident, the worst "level seven" decided to raise. "Level 7" is the same as the evaluation occurred in the Soviet Chernobyl disaster. Nuclear Safety Agency, 12, held a press conference with the Nuclear Safety Commission has decided to publish the contents of the evaluation.

Might be worth your while to review the whole article for its health warnings; lots of data in there, but here are tidbits:

http://www.euractiv.com/en/health/radiation-risks-fukushima-longer-negligible-news-503947

The risks associated with iodine-131 contamination in Europe are no longer "negligible," according to CRIIRAD, a French research body on radioactivity.

The NGO is advising pregnant women and infants against "risky behaviour," such as consuming fresh milk or vegetables with large leaves.
BACKGROUND
After the radioactive cloud emanating from Japan's stricken Fukushima nuclear power plant reached Europe in late March, CRIIRAD, a French research body on radioactivity, an NGO, said it had detected radioactive iodine-131 in rainwater in south-eastern France. In parallel testing, the French Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety (IRSN), the national public institution monitoring nuclear and radiological risks, found iodine 131 in milk. In normal times, no trace of iodine-131 should be detectable in rainwater or milk.

In response to thousands of inquiries from citizens concerned about fallout from the Fukushima nuclear disaster in Europe, CRIIRAD has compiled an information package on the risks of radioactive iodine-131 contamination in Europe. The document, published on 7 April, advises against consuming rainwater and says vulnerable groups such as children and pregnant or breastfeeding women should avoid consuming vegetables with large leaves, fresh milk and creamy cheese.

Data for the west coast of the United States, which received the Fukushima radioactive fallout 6-10 days before France, reveals that levels of radioactive iodine-131 concentration are 8-10 times higher there, the institute says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip