Japan - Miyazawa family of 4 murdered, Setagaya, Tokyo, 30 Dec 2000 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please share the link?

Where?

At any rate, during my own interviews, I asked extensively about the contents of the bag. Grip tape was never mentioned.
From the Setagaya murders wiki.

“Each ball was about 50 microns in diameter and numbered about 5-6. Its ingredients included titanium , barium , silica , etc. According to the investigation, these glass balls were produced by a glass processing factory in Missouri, USA, and then provided to a factory in Kyoto Prefecture to produce special films for printing machines. During the search, the police also learned that these chemicals may also be used to produce anti-slip sandpaper specifically for skateboards. When purchasing a new skateboard, the store clerk is usually responsible for cutting the sandpaper into a size suitable for the skateboard and then attaching it to the customer. However, if you are an experienced skateboarder, you can also cut it yourself according to the shape of the skateboard.”

Information of course can be edited but I of course make screenshots.

I found this archived article which has a scheme of the bodies and the house that’s easy for me to read.

Still wondering about the entrance.

From the Setagaya murders wiki.

“Each ball was about 50 microns in diameter and numbered about 5-6. Its ingredients included titanium , barium , silica , etc. According to the investigation, these glass balls were produced by a glass processing factory in Missouri, USA, and then provided to a factory in Kyoto Prefecture to produce special films for printing machines. During the search, the police also learned that these chemicals may also be used to produce anti-slip sandpaper specifically for skateboards. When purchasing a new skateboard, the store clerk is usually responsible for cutting the sandpaper into a size suitable for the skateboard and then attaching it to the customer. However, if you are an experienced skateboarder, you can also cut it yourself according to the shape of the skateboard.”

Information of course can be edited but I of course make screenshots.
Does it say where that quote is from? It says “according to the investigation.” At any rate, a lot has been written about this case —yakiniku clerks, ‘connected’ stabbings or break-ins, ‘suspects’—total fiction but they always suggest their information is from investigators too. And even in this quote it suggests the matter might be connected to photography and not skating.

As I say, stuff about the grip tape is not on the TMPD case file. It was never mentioned when we discussed the bag at length. For me, it’s not established.

On the other hand, The Yomiuri is trustworthy, (unlike Listverse or Flash or some random YouTuber who is cannibalising all the usual sources). The problem comes in the translation of the Yomiuri article. It refers to Mikio as the ‘landlord’ or that finding the fingerprints made the investigators feel ‘colourful.’ Just something that I know is obvious but worthy of repeating.

Wow. So difficult to get a grip on this case sans being able to speak Japanese. When I had the article Charlotte linked translated into English, it said that 18 people were murdered...
And that’s a respected newspaper. Wikipedia, on the other hand, can be edited by anyone. The author’s tone suggests many details as fact. Let’s take the sand for example. Now, I know first-hand that it was there. The TMPD says there was sand in the killer’s bag for one thing. But its provenance is not confirmed by any official source. It so happens that I’ve spoken to Tokyo LE and they told me that it does seem to come from America though they wouldn’t go into details as I’ve said many times. Yet the English Wikipedia page states: Trace amounts of sand were also found inside the hip bag that the perpetrator left at the scene, which after analysis was determined to come from the Nevada desert, more specifically the area of Edwards Air Force Base in California, and a skate park in Japan.[12]

The source takes you to a Tokyo Weekender article on 5 different crimes written by Matthew Hernon. I will eat my hat if he spoke to the TMPD to confirm this detail. Indeed he just states the sand was traced back to Edwards. The TMPD have never officially said this. Put another way, he googled it. So, here we see the garbage nature of Wikipedia. Let alone when users go to the Chinese or Japanese Wikipedia and hit the translate button.

What stops me from going into the Wikipedia page right now and editing it to reflect the findings from my podcast? Or to update the page and say that the case is now being led by Inspector Gadget? I understand its been said it’s an accepted source. But I would encourage everyone reading into this case to not take something on Wikipedia as fact unless it’s linking to the TMPD or a respected news outlet. If it’s linking to garbage, or speculation, it remains just that — irrespective if someone slapped it on to Wikipedia. JMO.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back