DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video Link: Defense opening statement, Jason Young retrial

At around the 8:20 mark, the defense attorney says:

[/I]

Thanks for looking it up. I guess the defense thought JM would say that on that stand, so they brought up the timing.
But, when it came to her testimony, she actually had trouble remembering. They had to refer to statements she gave the police earlier. I found her to be a very likeable and credible witness.
But, the point is and always be, it did happen, at that hotel, in that stairwell, and with that camera,
Again, thanks for providing a link.

Thanks for looking it up. I guess the defense thought JM would say that on that stand, so they brought up the timing.
But, when it came to her testimony, she had trouble remembering.
But, the point is and always be, it did happen, at that hotel, in that stairwell, and with that camera,

But not a common occurrence would you agree? How did you feel about his remembering how he lit his cigar on that cold, windy night? The detail. Did you find that credible?

But not a common occurrence would you agree? How did you feel about his remembering how he lit his cigar on that cold, windy night? The detail. Did you find that credible?

Young had enough time to say anything he wanted, he could have worked on any theory he and his defense team came up, that is why I believe him, because it could have been better!

How about his detail to the twig? Do you realize what would have happened if the twig was not able to hold that heavy door open?

Does the State allege that he left for Raleigh instead of smoking the cigar? If so, why did he disable a camera in the stairwell but walk right past the camera that has him exiting at almost midnight?

Young had enough time to say anything he wanted, he could have worked on any theory he and his defense team came up, that is why I believe him, because it could have been better!

How about his detail to the twig? Do you realize what would have happened if the twig was not able to hold that heavy door open?

So you didn't buy into his description of lighting his cigar? I don't recall the twig explanation. It wasn't really a twig, right? Just some weak ends of shrubbery? Barely enough to prop open a door?

Truthfully, it's been so long I get confuzzled about the details.:floorlaugh:
And it's become increasingly hard to rise to a discussion. Feel like I have been there, done that.

I agree, and the thought of a 3rd trial may not be on everyone's wish list, but unless something else happens, that is where we are headed.

So you didn't buy into his description of lighting his cigar? I don't recall the twig explanation. It wasn't really a twig, right? Just some weak ends of shrubbery? Barely enough to prop open a door?

Lol, no it was a real twig or a small branch and it was a very heavy door. His defense team did a demo. excellent work!

Jason didn't even need to say he was smoking a cigar, he could have said he just wanted some fresh air, he had been in the car for almost 4 hours since he left Raleigh, other than a 30 minute stop at Cracker Barrel, maybe he just wasn't that tired when he got there. Seems like he was a little hyper, but that is how Jason has always been described..he went down to get a newspaper, he went out to his car, who knows...maybe he was nervous about his meeting?

But, why say anything at all if it's not the truth and it doesn't mean he was on his way thinking about killing someone.
Did you ever look at the video at him walking out ot the hotel, he is not mad, he is not in a hurry, he is just normal.

Then ask a Mod to come make the ruling.. I think someone started it by posting that MF had passed a polygraph and that started the conversation although anyone taking or passing a polygraph in this case has never come to light, to my knowledge. How would anyone even know that?
Personally, I am not interested in MF although I plan to listen to the 911 call again, to see what people are talking about.

I have such doubts about Jason's guilt and I've wondered about a number of others and if they were involved or how thoroughly they were investigated. MM has always intrigued me. MF found the body, was a key witness against Jason and her 9-1-1 call was placed into evidence so I'm not sure why she can't be discussed. MY deserves justice and her little girl deserves to know the truth.

I found the 911 call very strange in that it contained so much extra information and multiple leading questions to CY even though the operator didn't ask her to ask CY anything at all. He was trying to determine if Michelle was still alive. It got to the point the operator asked MF to place CY in another room.

Looking at this case is like looking through a lens of swiss cheese.

JMO

Does the State allege that he left for Raleigh instead of smoking the cigar? If so, why did he disable a camera in the stairwell but walk right past the camera that has him exiting at almost midnight?
No. That was earlier in the night after his arrival. He was explaining why he was out and about before his final exit.

No. That was earlier in the night after his arrival. He was explaining why he was out and about before his final exit.

Then why are they questioning the cigar smoking? What do they allege he was doing if not smoking? The jury convicted him partially on the fact that they didn't believe he would have been smoking. I never understood that.

Lol, no it was a real twig or a small branch and it was a very heavy door. His defense team did a demo. excellent work!

Jason didn't even need to say he was smoking a cigar, he could have said he just wanted some fresh air, he had been in the car for almost 4 hours since he left Raleigh, other than a 30 minute stop at Cracker Barrel, maybe he just wasn't that tired when he got there. Seems like he was a little hyper, but that is how Jason has always been described..he went down to get a newspaper, he went out to his car, who knows...maybe he was nervous about his meeting?

But, why say anything at all if it's not the truth and it doesn't mean he was on his way thinking about killing someone.
Did you ever look at the video at him walking out ot the hotel, he is not mad, he is not in a hurry, he is just normal.

Why say anything at all? In great detail? IMO, because it is untruthful. Yes, I have seen the video. Subject to interpretation. Cool, calm man with a mission, IMO. Where do you think he was headed?

Negative. Sleuthing here usually begins long before LE names a POI or a suspect.

But you are getting off track, oenophile. We are well past the early days. MF is not a suspect. She is raising his child. There is NO evidence that points in her direction. She was ruled out long ago. Moot point.

I think you are confused, the last trip was the cigar and then he came back in, went to bed, and no one ever saw his door ajar even though someone had been to his room twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member