Jason Young to get new trial #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the 911 call....I can't imagine going into my sister's house and finding her the way Meredith found Michelle. I personally think she held it together better than I would have. Having Cassidy there must have added to her shock and by the way I definitely believe Meredith was in shock. JY asked her to go there, so she did and she knew right away something wasn't right. I'm sure she had a sense of something being wrong as she climbed those stairs calling out to Michelle.

It's easy to critique her call, but if any of us were in her place, I truly believe all of us would be in shock. How would we react then? None of us know the answer because none of us have found our sister dead on the floor, not to mention our neice in her bed. She did hold it together enough to speak coherently to the operator and she did do all that was asked of her.

I think Meredith did an outstanding job considering the horrendous cirstance she was in. Yes, the operator asked her to put Cassidy in another room because Cassidy was talking, Cassidy was trying to hold Meredith's attention the way most children do when their caretaker is on the phone. I'm sure Meredith could see Michelle was dead, but how could she even process such a harrowing image. She tried to tend to Cassidy, the living one, the one who needed her attention.

I can't even fathom trying to roll over my stiff, cold sister. OMG just thinking those thoughts almost makes me tremble!! Meredith did the best she could...nobody could ever convince me otherwise.
Obviously LE agreed as she was never considered a suspect or even a POI.

I have such doubts about Jason's guilt and I've wondered about a number of others and if they were involved or how thoroughly they were investigated. MM has always intrigued me. MF found the body, was a key witness against Jason and her 9-1-1 call was placed into evidence so I'm not sure why she can't be discussed. MY deserves justice and her little girl deserves to know the truth.

I found the 911 call very strange in that it contained so much extra information and multiple leading questions to CY even though the operator didn't ask her to ask CY anything at all. He was trying to determine if Michelle was still alive. It got to the point the operator asked MF to place CY in another room.

Looking at this case is like looking through a lens of swiss cheese.

JMO

Totally disagree, <mod snip>. IMO, MY has gotten justice and her little girl will know the truth in due time. She's only 10, right? Her guardian, MF, I suspect, will spare her from the horrible details for as long as possible. She needs to live her life to the fullest for as long as she can. I have confidence in MY's family that they will ensure that.

I'm having trouble understanding how anyone can think this guy's innocent (respectfully, no offense).

Who else would beat a pregnant woman with so many blows?

Someone who was unsuccessful at strangulation and flew into a rage about it is my guess. Jason Young was so much larger than his wife, I don't see him capable of failing at strangulation if that was his goal.

I think the rage had more to do with the failed strangulation than at her pregnancy. No sexual assault kit was done at autopsy. Jenna Nielson was 8.5 months pregnant and stabbed to death and her family believed it was tied to an attempted sexual assault by a stranger. Her purse and keys were left in her car. Kathy Taft wasn't pregnant and was beaten to death in bed while her sister was in another the house.

Murder is murder. I just don't believe it is possible to form a conclusion on who did it based on brutality.

JMO

Then why are they questioning the cigar smoking? What do they allege he was doing if not smoking? The jury convicted him partially on the fact that they didn't believe he would have been smoking. I never understood that.

He was justifying his key card entry and exit. Have you read his lengthy explanation of lighting his cigar?

As far as the 911 call....I can't imagine going into my sister's house and finding her the way Meredith found Michelle. I personally think she held it together better than I would have. Having Cassidy there must have added to her shock and by the way I definitely believe Meredith was in shock. JY asked her to go there, so she did and she knew right away something wasn't right. I'm sure she had a sense of something being wrong as she climbed those stairs calling out to Michelle.

It's easy to critique her call, but if any of us were in her place, I truly believe all of us would be in shock. How would we react then? None of us know the answer because none of us have found our sister dead on the floor, not to mention our neice in her bed. She did hold it together enough to speak coherently to the operator and she did do all that was asked of her.

I think Meredith did an outstanding job considering the horrendous cirstance she was in. Yes, the operator asked her to put Cassidy in another room because Cassidy was talking, Cassidy was trying to hold Meredith's attention the way most children do when their caretaker is on the phone. I'm sure Meredith could see Michelle was dead, but how could she even process such a harrowing image. She tried to tend to Cassidy, the living one, the one who needed her attention.

I can't even fathom trying to roll over my stiff, cold sister. OMG just thinking those thoughts almost makes me tremble!! Meredith did the best she could...nobody could ever convince me otherwise.

I still have to listen to it, as I didn't think too much of it before this. But, if she was never considered a suspect or a POI, why did someone here post she passed a POLY?
I have to go back and find out who posted that,

I'm not allowed to discuss it but I don't believe it was random.

I don't believe it was random either. Michelle was targeted. I don't know by whom but I believe she was murdered so she couldn't identify her killers or even describe them. CY was spared because of her age.

JMO

But you are getting off track, oenophile. We are well past the early days. MF is not a suspect. She is raising his child. There is NO evidence that points in her direction. She was ruled out long ago. Moot point.

Several issues here. First, just because someone is ruled out by LE doesn't mean that they are innocent, and just because someone is accused by LE doesn't mean that they are guilty. Second, the poster (I forget who it was) presented evidence that did point in her direction, specifically the 911 call and other things. Finally, the point was that was being made was that there was as much evidence pointing toward MF as JY, yet it was JY who was targeted.

I, for one, don't think for a second that MF is or should be a suspect. But I have a problem with those that say discussing alternate suspects is off limits. Why not just skip the trial and declare him guilty because LE says so?

Then why are they questioning the cigar smoking? What do they allege he was doing if not smoking? The jury convicted him partially on the fact that they didn't believe he would have been smoking. I never understood that.

My theory on the cigar smoking and why it was brought up: the prosecution was trying to negate the damaging, exculpatory evidence of the unknown DNA on cigarette butts of unknown origin found at the house so they implied he didn't go out to smoke a cigar, he went out to collect cigarette butts to "plant" at his house after he killed his wife.

I'm shocked the jury accepted this "evidence" just as I'm shocked they accepted Gracie's testimony. Quite a reach...

JMO

I still have to listen to it, as I didn't think too much of it before this. But, if she was never considered a suspect or a POI, why did someone here post she passed a POLY?
I have to go back and find out who posted that,

Good question. If LE ever officially named anyone a suspect or person of interest in Michelle's murder or ever publicly cleared anyone or even uttered the word, "polygraph" to the media, I'd like to see a link. Some of this stuff keeps being re-posted over and over without links and only derails the thread, imo.

ATTENTION PLEASE!

Websleuths is a victim friendly board and that includes the family and friends of the victim. Word your statements carefully to avoid misunderstandings. Be sure to include links.

The only suspect in this case is JY. He's been named by LE and found guilty by a jury of his peers. Yes, a judge did overturn the verdict, but he is still a suspect. There are no other suspects named by LE in this case.

To report an offending post, or post against TOS, please use the red triangle at the top right hand corner of each post.

Please do not discuss moderating on the open forum. If you have a question, please pm me or one of the other mods.

TIA for your cooperation,
fran
:wave:

I think you are confused, the last trip was the cigar and then he came back in, went to bed, and no one ever saw his door ajar even though someone had been to his room twice.

:floorlaugh:Thanks. Who went to his room twice? C'mon. You know you don't buy the cigar story.

Totally agree.

:floorlaugh:Thanks. Who went to his room twice? C'mon. You know you don't buy the cigar story.

The night clerk, Keith Hicks, went there twice, once to put Jason's hotel receipt under the door and once to hang a newspaper on his ajared door handle. He never saw that his door was not completely shut either time.
Testimony is at WRAL.
Please don't tell me what I do or don't believe, we are talking about the evidence entered into the trial.

Several issues here. First, just because someone is ruled out by LE doesn't mean that they are innocent, and just because someone is accused by LE doesn't mean that they are guilty. Second, the poster (I forget who it was) presented evidence that did point in her direction, specifically the 911 call and other things. Finally, the point was that was being made was that there was as much evidence pointing toward MF as JY, yet it was JY who was targeted.

I, for one, don't think for a second that MF is or should be a suspect. But I have a problem with those that say discussing alternate suspects is off limits. Why not just skip the trial and declare him guilty because LE says so?

Presented evidence that she SPECULATED pointed in her direction.Not direct evidence. Not evidence as was presented in the trial. IMO, it's a waste of time, too far fetched, a red herring, a reach, a whatever! A moot point! Discussion or idle chatter? Somewhere, somehow, someone needs to draw the line. If you choose to take part in such discussions, so be it. I will decline.

The night clerk, Keith Hicks, went there twice, once to put Jason's hotel receipt under the door and once to hang a newspaper on his ajared door handle. He never saw that his door was not completely shut either time.
Testimony is at WRAL.
Please don't tell me what I do or don't believe, we are talking about the evidence entered into the trial.

No prob. What did you think of JY's lengthy description of lighting his cigar in the wind?

His keycard data shows that he only entered his room once during the whole stay. He claims that when he went outside to "smoke a cigar" he left the door ajar in his room and placed a rock to keep the exit door from closing. Oh and then the surveillance video directed right at that door just happened to get unplugged during that time by some kids who were coincidentally pulling pranks at that exact moment?? or something ....

Seriously, why in the world would a hotel guest who has a card key leave their own door ajar and prop open the exit door to go smoke a cigar? That is nonsensical. I think he checked in, went to his room to activate the key card and change clothes,came around behind the stairwell camera and unplugged it and never went back in that room again.

Oh I think you quoted me by mistake? I asked for a link to be provided about there being blood and unknown DNA found in his closet on one of his shoes.

ETA: Thanks for looking that up :) You rock!

Oops! I probably did grab the wrong post to quote. :)

He was justifying his key card entry and exit. Have you read his lengthy explanation of lighting his cigar?

But he walked right out in front of the hallway camera so clearly wasn't trying to hide the fact that he was exiting the building. Just to the left was the door with the unplugged camera. Why didn't he unplug THIS camera if he was trying not to be seen?

camera7.png

His keycard data shows that he only entered his room once during the whole stay. He claims that when he went outside to "smoke a cigar" he left the door ajar in his room and placed a rock to keep the exit door from closing. Oh and then the surveillance video directed right at that door just happened to get unplugged during that time by some kids who were coincidentally pulling pranks at that exact moment?? or something ....

Seriously, why in the world would a hotel guest who has a card key leave their own door ajar and prop open the exit door to go smoke a cigar? That is nonsensical. I think he checked in, went to his room to activate the key card and change clothes,came around behind the stairwell camera and unplugged it and never went back in that room again.

You do know he had the receipt for his stay at the hotel that was slipped under his door sometime in the middle of the night, and that his luggage was there too.

I used to do this all the time when I was younger...I was much more trusting of people then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member