Jason Young to get new trial #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out of town for a few days and am trying to catch up on here. I see that nothing has really changed and that the JY is guilty and the JY is not guilty have not swayed anyone from their opinion. I think at this point that would take a small miracle no make that a huge miracle. Anyway good honest debate is still interesting. I admit at first I felt anger at the JY is not guilty gang, but realize that is immature on my part as we need to realize we see things differently but at the same time respect the opinion of everyone.

Why in the world would someone plan to kill their wife and yet wait until the very last minute to print directions to where they were going ? Does that sound planned at all? The meeting was planned weeks in advance, but this is typical JY waiting until last minute to find out where it was.

One way to judge the credibility of Jasons testimony and alibi is to see if there are any lies. One that comes to mind is that Jason said he went to his car to retrieve his charger and reviewed his sales software until 11:53, but computer forensics shows that he did not use his sales software that night.

Another one is the sheer unlikelihood that he went outside to smoke a cigar and look at the paper in freezing and gusty weather. It would be different if he were a habitual smoker and had to get his nicotine, no matter the weather. But he wasnt. No one had ever even seen him smoke a cigar and all reported that he was a vocal anti smoker. It seems so unlikely that Jason would have chosen that one night to smoke a cigar and in such unpleasant weather conditions.

Another likely falsehood is his story about the Coach purses and ebay searches. Computer analysis shows the searches were completed at 7:23 and he was getting gas at 7:30. Those printouts were done immediately before he left the house, so it is so improbable that he waited for them to print out and then turned them upside down and left them instead of putting them in his bag as he was leaving. Also, he printed out other materials around the same time and managed to bring those with him, but accidentally left behind only the ebay printouts? That is so improbable that it cannot reasonably be true.

Do any of those lies prove hes a murderer? Of course not, but if hes lying about things in his alibi, you cannot take it as true.
Also what his computer did show that night was Jason on sports sites not ( as you stated) using his sales software as JY testified to on the stand. JY also testified the reason he went down was to check sports scores from the USA Today a day old paper when he had just been on sports websites. IMO another big JY lie.

Why in the world would someone plan to kill their wife and yet wait until the very last minute to print directions to where they were going ? Does that sound planned at all? The meeting was planned weeks in advance, but this is typical JY waiting until last minute to find out where it was.
To me the bigger question is why he remembered to take the directions but not the ebay print outs. Both documents were printed at the same time, as you said right before he left the house. Also is it reasonable that a man who is involved with a new job and hoping to make a sale would then suddenly remember about ebay print outs for coach purses?

I was out of town for a few days and am trying to catch up on here. I see that nothing has really changed and that the JY is guilty and the JY is not guilty have not swayed anyone from their opinion. I think at this point that would take a small miracle no make that a huge miracle. Anyway good honest debate is still interesting. I admit at first I felt anger at the JY is not guilty gang, but realize that is immature on my part as we need to realize we see things differently but at the same time respect the opinion of everyone.

Glad you are back, Grammy Jean, no matter what side we are on, it's nice to know we can discuss/debate reasonably.

Yes, but if you are going to kill someone don't you want to at least know where you are going ahead of time????????

That would explain why you are so familiar with the evidence from a critical perspective ... in my opinion. At one time, you must have looked at all the same evidence and accepted it, only to each time see a small loophole ... but letting it go because there was lots of other evidence. Did you at some point realize that there was actually a small loophole (eg: the gas attendant has a verified unreliable memory) in almost all the evidence? I'm not one for looking at the facts independently, rather than as a whole, as it is the sum of the parts that matters. However, in this case, each sum has a weak link such that eventually, the sum of the parts does not add up.

I definitely will get around to answering this, Otto. June is so busy, birthdays, graduation and a wedding !!

One way to judge the credibility of Jasons testimony and alibi is to see if there are any lies. One that comes to mind is that Jason said he went to his car to retrieve his charger and reviewed his sales software until 11:53, but computer forensics shows that he did not use his sales software that night.

Another one is the sheer unlikelihood that he went outside to smoke a cigar and look at the paper in freezing and gusty weather. It would be different if he were a habitual smoker and had to get his nicotine, no matter the weather. But he wasnt. No one had ever even seen him smoke a cigar and all reported that he was a vocal anti smoker. It seems so unlikely that Jason would have chosen that one night to smoke a cigar and in such unpleasant weather conditions.

Another likely falsehood is his story about the Coach purses and ebay searches. Computer analysis shows the searches were completed at 7:23 and he was getting gas at 7:30. Those printouts were done immediately before he left the house, so it is so improbable that he waited for them to print out and then turned them upside down and left them instead of putting them in his bag as he was leaving. Also, he printed out other materials around the same time and managed to bring those with him, but accidentally left behind only the ebay printouts? That is so improbable that it cannot reasonably be true.

Do any of those lies prove hes a murderer? Of course not, but if hes lying about things in his alibi, you cannot take it as true.

Apologize for quoting myself but I thought of another:

Jason said he didnt call the person he was meeting for the sales call to tell them hed be late because he had no cell phone service - yet he was able to call his mother at least once that morning before his sales call.

Something I was curious about is that witnesses (SS?) said Jason said his plan was to stop at Cracker Barrel and then travel to Gravax (?) to spend the night and it was about half way to his sales meeting destination.

Where is Gravax in relation to where he actually did check in at the Hampton Inn?

Yes, but if you are going to kill someone don't you want to at least know where you are going ahead of time????????

JF - I have to hand it to you. You continue to raise good questions and have made me really think about this more critically.

Something I was curious about is that witnesses (SS?) said Jason said his plan was to stop at Cracker Barrel and then travel to Gravax (?) to spend the night and it was about half way to his sales meeting destination.

Where is Gravax in relation to where he actually did check in at the Hampton Inn?

Not sure, but he said he would travel until he got tired. He drove about 80-85 miles to Cracker Barrel and then another 80-85 miles to Hillsville.

JF - I have to hand it to you. You continue to raise good questions and have made me really think about this more critically.

Thanks, Minor, I have been working on some stuff, will post when I have time!!

This is the first time I have read this and it looks like CY excited utterance isn't part of the appeal so that should put to rest about that particular evidence being admitted at trial was wrong.

It was part of the appeal, but the court overruled the defense on this - so Cassidys behavior and comments will come in at any subsequent trial.

Not sure, but he said he would travel until he got tired. He drove about 80-85 miles to Cracker Barrel and then another 80-85 miles to Hillsville.

I thought someone might just know off the top of their heads since many are from NC. Ill go look it up and report back. :)

(p.s. - my apostrophe key isnt working, so excuse the mistakes)

ETA: And it was Galax, not Gravax lol

Is it Galax? If so, that's about 13 miles from Hillsville.

I just quoted a post that disappeared.... :waitasec:
LOL, I knew I shouldn't have :blushing:

It was part of the appeal, but the court overruled the defense on this - so Cassidys behavior and comments will come in at any subsequent trial.

The fact that CY did not identify anyone took the air out of this one.

Minor, just a fyi , but please call the little girl, CY and not use her first name!!.

Galax, VA and it's near Hillsville.

I just quoted a post that disappeared.... :waitasec:
LOL, I knew I shouldn't have :blushing:

i'm glad it disappeared, theirs that is..........no need to stir the pot imo........everyone is being very civil in their debates.......

their post was inappropriate imo.....

and btw :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members