Jason Young to get new trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The $4 milliion policy is suspicious. How did it get that high? Did Michelle's insurance agent (was that Ms Shaad?) recommend that high insurance for a healthy new mom? Was Jason's insurance the same?

It seems really excessive.

It does but because she was young and healthy, the premiums would be affordable with their income. All it takes is a good insurance salesman.....There also was some car accident they were in that involved the bank of a river. Perhaps MY was thinking of that when she bought the policy.

It does but because she was young and healthy, the premiums would be affordable with their income. All it takes is a good insurance salesman.....There also was some car accident they were in that involved the bank of a river. Perhaps MY was thinking of that when she bought the policy.

That's what i was thinking. They had that car accident, so I'm sure they knew it was something they needed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That's what i was thinking. They had that car accident, so I'm sure they knew it was something they needed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

They also had expensive college educations (as have my own children and I speak from experience). Michelle had her MBA. She knew about money. If you're trying to think ahead and protect your family, you quickly realize how expensive it is to raise children. Especially if you find yourself a single parent. Nannies are expensive, education is expensive. Everything we've heard about Michelle is that she was an excellent mother. I would think if she thought the policy was too high, she would not have agreed to it.

Excuse my ignorance, because I have not been following this trial as closely as the Cooper one, but I have a question regarding the security camera. Did they determine when it was last recording to figure out when it was unplugged?

Thanks

Jason Young had the same amount of life insurance as Michelle.
2 million in basic coverage
2 million in accidental death insurance
No way was Michelle's death going to be considered an accident. At trial it was revealed Jason Young wanted the expensive policies because "he grew up without certain amenities and did not want his daughter to go without".

I don't know what happened, but I'm not at all impressed with the trials. In the first trial, the jury was leaning towards a not guilty verdict, something like 8-4. The judge could have sent them back to work harder on reaching a verdict, but instead decided on a mistrial. I have to wonder if he could see that the jury was moving in a direction that did not agree with his beliefs. In the second trial, we have a situation where inadmissable evidence was presented in court. In my opinion, we have two questionable trials. That concerns me, especially in light of the troubles with the forensic's lab.

In revisiting the evidence, from a different perspective, I can see all sorts of holes in the theory that Jason is guilty. Look at the rock in the door, for example. In what way can the rock be connected to Jason? The door was unlocked by the time Jason would return from murdering his wife, yet the prosecution has presented this as significant evidence. It's significant evidence of nothing when their theory is that he would return after 6AM when the door was unlocked.

I would be more convinced that Jason is guilty if an accomplice could be produced.

A lovely composition, Otto, well-composed.

While I feel it's absurd to assume this guy is not-guilty- with all of the background information... and no other viable alternative... I can see the perspective. There is one specific I event I would like to share with everyone- I submit to you this is one of the most critical events.

Four Brothers Gas.
1. He rings the bell four times- does not want to enter- risk of being filmed. Waits for gas attendant. Has to enter and meets the one in a million Gracie Calhoun.
2. Let's face it. Jason Young is a bizarre looking guy - he is memorable.
3. So he lucks out! While there are cameras- they don't work.
4. Why wait outside for minutes ringing in order to avoid entry?
5. He paid for 20- but only pumps 15 and hits the road.

IDK, IMO, I think we have him right where we want him. Some of the defense's points in closing are sub-par, and there is no doubt, so many people removed themselves from communicating with JY- see old pals Fitz, Dalton.

OK, maybe not that critical... but it is a telling moment within the timeline.

OK, so I had an enjoyable experience last night - watched FIONA CHILDs testimony - during the retrial. She is so funny - she actually chews gum on the stand and no one says anything, they are in awe of her presence. It is a great video, I suggest it.

-Love ya,
G

While I feel it's absurd to assume this guy is guilty- with all of the background information... and no other viable alternative... I can see the perspective. There is one specific I event I would like to share with everyone- I submit to you this is one of the most critical events.

Four Brothers Gas.
1. He rings the bell four times- does not want to enter- risk of being filmed. Waits for gas attendant. Has to enter and meets the one in a million Gracie Calhoun.

IDK, IMO, I think we have him right where we want him. Some of the defense's points in closing are sub-par, and there is no doubt, so many people removed themselves from communicating with JY- see old pals Fitz, Dalton.

OK, so I had an enjoyable experience last night - watched FIONA CHILDs testimony - during the retrial. She is so funny - she actually chews gum on the stand and no one says anything, they are in awe of her presence. It is a great video, I suggest it.

-Love ya,
G

http://youtu.be/--Olb3pkoLw

Even in the "he done it" scenario, the gas station attendant isn't a credible witness.
1) when she was 8 she was hit by a vehicle and had her brains laying on the concrete. Doctors has to reattach her brain to her skull. She's had memory problems since.
2) the police showed her one photograph. One photo of JY and no one else. No photo array, no line up.
3) she described him as slightly taller and of thinning hair. She's like 5' tall and JY is 6'1".

JY's friends and even his mistress were contacted by investigators and told not to talk to him anymore.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

I've inserted my remarks on the Otto Report - a pro INNOCENT docket.
I'll bite. Let's look at the above list of "evidence":

• No one forced Jason to get married. If he didn't want marriage, he wouldn't have gotten married. This was not a shotgun marriage

+1 , true, also rumors about how many friends seriously thought Michelle got pregnant in order to leash up JY, and cement the thing.
  • If Jason didn't want another child, he knew how to prevent that. Instead, he participated in another pregnancy.
    I heard sex was cut from twice a week to once per week. As his friend Demetrious said, kids raising kids. One of the more demented aspects - MY claimed she was assaulted /raped while in college... and she claims that sex with JY felt like that ( I laughed hysterically upon hearing this- obvi, it is not funny that she was raped, that is never a laughing matter, but the fact that she had decided that sex with him felt like such a dark, evil moment...rape , is so funny, This guy JY cant win!
  • Where is the evidence to support that Jason's views about child support were any different than anyone else. Has anyone ever met a divorced man that was happy about paying child support?
    -1 He knew he could not divorce her= no one wants to pay child support, sadly, and we know of many cases where a murder is inserted as the solution. But here, JY knew she would move back to long island and not be involved.

• Jason was sleeping around after he was married. Was his wife aware of this? If not, then he was getting away with it, so that doesn't seem to be a reason for murder (cake and eat it too situation).

He was a horn dog, with condoms in his bag when he got back the day of the murder. But the fact he was banging smiling Michelle Money - this is the ultimate slap in the face- by both of them.
  • Michelle was building a successful career. That fact does not imply that her husband is guilty of murder. In fact, a lot of men are happy with a wife that contributes financially to the family expenses.

Its sad, I make more than 2x as much as JY, am much better looking, and I am single. Girls, please, the grass IS greener. There's a song on the radio about a girl who doesn't know anything else, and is afraid to leave.

• Their money problems were so insignificant that they owned a 3000 square foot home and a second investment property. I think many people would be happy with those sorts of "money problems". Divorce would have meant downsizing.

-1 The kill would net him a lot of money. Check out the four page email JY sent Michelle( remember, this relationship had 0 communication- they had to resort to the written word. JY makes some good points - and you cant blame him for the IN lAW issue- but if you love someone, you make sacrifices. Linda was buying things- and as a result, she felt entitled to stay- she bough her way in, and bought the time.

• Who sells a 4 million dollar life insurance policy to a healthy young mother with one child? That is excessive!

• There was a theft at the property. Michelle's rings, and some valuable contents from her jewelry box, were missing.

-1 He forgot to take the purse that was on the floor in plain sight. Then what about the dog?? Neighbors would have heard?> Cleaning up Cassidy?
  • Not all thieves throw things on the floor.
  • The garage door was broken and the door to the house was unlocked, so there was no need for evidence of a break in.

I don't think this is true- remember Meredith tried the front door and it was locked. Why wouldn't a robber wait for the house to be empty>? I know, that's a bad question. But recall that JY scribbled Merediths number on the atlas he was using - because he NEVER called Meredith. This was a special day. Also, if remembered to lift the mapquest docs off the printer, but not the ebay docs.
  • Michelle's handbag was found where Michelle left it. Apparently the murderer did not want her purse.
  • Young asked his sister-in-law to do him a favor. He had relied on her assistance many times for many different reasons over the years.
  • Shirt, shoes and pants on video at the hotel were not requested by police until a couple of years after the murder.
  • A gas station attendant was shown a picture of Jason well after the murder and said that she recognized him, adding that he is about 5' in height. She has received financial assistance since early childhood for severe brain trauma that interferes with memory.
    +1 I agree she is a mess, and I don't think we can trust her ability to analyze height, but her ability to recall a face - that face= JY's face>
  • The camera was tampered with, but there is no evidence to connect Jason to the camera.

+2The camera was tampered with twice- plus, the employee who plugged it in the first time - his prints were not even id'd on the camera. I don't understand how a camera is not able to capture the actions of someone turning it upward, or unplugging it, where the fu#k is that footage>?

• The rock the propped open the door cannot be connected to Jason because he could not make the round trip prior to 6AM, and at 6AM the door was always unlocked. He didn't need to prop the door open for any reason.

-1 Looking for a usa today - at midnight- when you have internet access- this is a horrible story. All so he could be captured on video at that time.
  • Do the cameras in the restaurant swivel and cover all seats continuously, or do they focus on an area where someone could pass the camera and not be recorded? There were four screens at the front desk connected to cameras that cycled every 14 seconds. Jason was not seen entering the hotel in the morning even though his room was on the fourth floor and no other cameras were tampered with.

-1 Also very odd- that he does not even want to eat with his wife- that he has planned a reservation for one.
  • He was 30 minutes late for a meeting at a location where he had never been before. There was overpass construction and he made a wrong turn.
    I bet he was late!

• A shoe print size matches hundreds of thousands of people and is not evidence of anything.

We must understand that killers plan- and their objective is to trick the police.
  • The courts reviewed the 911 tape and determined that it was not possible to conclude that the child stated: "daddy did it". If the child made that statement, it would have been presented at trial, but it was not. The "daddy did it" statement was something that was cooked up on discussion forums and which took on a life of its own.

I really wish there could have been more of a contribution from Cassidy - ask the kid if her dad was there. A stranger would not let her roam freely. She would have been tied up.

Conclusion: We must employ common sense. It is all we have... sometimes.

Love ya,

Gajonka

http://youtu.be/--Olb3pkoLw

Even in the "he done it" scenario, the gas station attendant isn't a credible witness.
1) when she was 8 she was hit by a vehicle and had her brains laying on the concrete. Doctors has to reattach her brain to her skull. She's had memory problems since.
2) the police showed her one photograph. One photo of JY and no one else. No photo array, no line up.
3) she described him as slightly taller and of thinning hair. She's like 5' tall and JY is 6'1".

JY's friends and even his mistress were contacted by investigators and told not to talk to him anymore.

Hi J-33: Always a pleasure to hear from you... (smile)

I agree - Gracie Calhoun is a freaken train-wreck.

But I think there is a chip of merit to her... I would not trust her with any type of work assignment. I don't think she could beat herself at a game of tick tac toe- and I am being serious. However, I would permit her to look at a picture - or to be able to visually recall meeting a person...there;s no way she can accurately describe height... but a face - a picture - a face. I do think she brings this to the table.. credibly... and as a result - what the hell is JY doing paying for 20, taking 15, at 5:30am or thereabouts when he is supposedly in bed.

While I feel it's absurd to assume this guy is guilty- with all of the background information... and no other viable alternative... I can see the perspective. There is one specific I event I would like to share with everyone- I submit to you this is one of the most critical events.

Four Brothers Gas.

-Love ya,
G

Jason had no way of knowing the security cameras weren't working whether they be the ones pointed at the pumps or the cashier.

The cashier also said she was hit by a car years earlier and had memory problems. She said her brain was on the sidewalk and the doctors put it back in her head. She described the man as being similar in height to her own. Jason is a foot taller.

How anybody finds her credible is beyond me.

JMO

Hi J-33: Always a pleasure to hear from you... (smile)

I agree - Gracie Calhoun is a freaken train-wreck.

But I think there is a chip of merit to her... I would not trust her with any type of work assignment. I don't think she could beat herself at a game of tick tac toe- and I am being serious. However, I would permit her to look at a picture - or to be able to visually recall meeting a person...there;s no way she can accurately describe height... but a face - a picture - a face. I do think she brings this to the table.. credibly... and as a result - what the hell is JY doing paying for 20, taking 15, at 5:30am or thereabouts when he is supposedly in bed.

LE did not follow proper procedure in showing her the photo. Defense objected. She admitted she had a poor memory because of her brain injury. If the prosecution dares to use her again, I'll be surprised.

Jason had no way of knowing the security cameras weren't working whether they be the ones pointed at the pumps or the cashier.

The cashier also said she was hit by a car years earlier and had memory problems. She said her brain was on the sidewalk and the doctors put it back in her head. She described the man as being similar in height to her own. Jason is a foot taller.

How anybody finds her credible is beyond me.

JMO

I disagree - she was not hit by a car, but MORE LIKE A MACK TRUCK!!! lol
(smile)
No, seriously, we must use our common sense and not trust Gracie with being able to issue a statement on height. We need to e able to assume ( and her employer knows she is not completely filled with rice pudding between the ears) that she can recall a FACE, A FACE , nothing else... nothing more complicates than that. a Head, two eyes, hair, a mouth.

I've inserted my remarks on the Otto Report - a pro INNOCENT docket.

I heard sex was cut from twice a week to once per week. As his friend Demetrious said, kids raising kids. One of the more demented aspects - MY claimed she was assaulted /raped while in college... and she claims that sex with JY felt like that ( I laughed hysterically upon hearing this- obvi, it is not funny that she was raped, that is never a laughing matter, but the fact that she had decided that sex with him felt like such a dark, evil moment...rape , is so funny, This guy JY cant win!

Conclusion: We must employ common sense. It is all we have... sometimes.

Love ya,

Gajonka

IMO, your comments are very disrespectful to Michelle. She wasn't a kid. She had two college degrees, an excellent career and was perfectly capable of supporting herself if she chose to be divorced. There was no evidence Michelle described sex with her husband as being "raped." She was a beautiful young woman who had choices and her choice was Jason and she made three babies with him.

(smile)
No, seriously, we must use our common sense and not trust Gracie with being able to issue a statement on height. We need to e able to assume ( and her employer knows she is not completely filled with rice pudding between the ears) that she can recall a FACE, A FACE , nothing else... nothing more complicates than that. a Head, two eyes, hair, a mouth.

The thing is, police only showed her one photo. From that point on, any ID from her is properly useless. After that point, that picture is what she'll associate with that memory.

If they had given her a photo array, or had her look at a series of photos, and she identified JY out of multiple people, then her positive ID might be meaningful.

Was that brought up at trial and I slept thru it? I'm shocked more wasn't made of it. Look at all the time, money and effort wasted looking at Jason rather than doing a proper investigation. What a travesty of justice for that little girl especially.

Again, MyBelle, help me out, the pro-innocent idealogy... I pose this, as I did with Otto.

"Please, tell, me what has you convinced, so thoroughly??" - Phillip Seymour Hoffman, DOUBT (2005).

***RECALL, HOFFMAN BEAT LEDGER IN THE BEST ACTOR CATEGORY, HOFFMANS CAPOTE OVER LEDGERS ENIS DEL MAR (BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN). LEDGER STATED, "I THOUGHT THE AWARD WAS FOR BEST ACTING, NOT BEST OVER ACTING." THE STORY WOULD GET MORE INTERESTING. AFTER LEDGER DIED IN 2008, HIS ROLE THE JOKER IN DARK KNIGHT BEGAN TO SWEEP EARLY AWARD SHOWS IN THE BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR CATEGORY. HOWEVER, THERE EMERGED A CONSIDERABLE COMPETITOR, WHO WOULD BEAT LEDGER AT A FEW REGIONAL AWARD CONTESTS. AS THE GLOBES AND THE OSCARS APPRAOCHED, THERE WOULD BE ONLY ONE MAN'S PERFORMANCE THAT COULD BLOCK LEDGER FORM TAKING THE OSCAR FOR HIS RLE AS THE JOKER. THAT MAN WAS PHILLIP SYTEMOUR HOFFMAN, WHO TURNED IN A STUNNING PERFORMANCE AS FATHER FLYNN IN DOUBT, WITH MERYL STREEP, IN ONE OF HER BEST PERFORMANCES, IMO. BUT HOFFMANS ROLE IS GOOD, UNTIL HE GETS TO THE SCENE WITH STREEP IN HER OFFICE ( SHE IS THE HEAD NUN AT THE SCHOOL) AND IT IS IN THAT SCENE WHERE HE REVEQALS WHY HE IS GIVING LEDGER SUCH A GOOD BATTLE. HE DELIVERS THE LINE ABOVE, AND IT IS MAGICAL, YOU CAN FEEL IT... (SMILE).

(smile)

actually a bad memory is just that whether it be about height or face. Gracie admitted she had a bad memory.

Eyewitness testimony isn't that reliable in people who haven't had their brains splattered on the sidewalk. If the prosecution uses her again, I'll be very surprised.

http://www.innocenceproject.org/understand/Eyewitness-Misidentification.php

Eyewitness misidentification is the single greatest cause of wrongful convictions nationwide, playing a role in nearly 75% of convictions overturned through DNA testing.

Again, MyBelle, help me out, the pro-innocent idealogy... I pose this, as I did with Otto.

"Please, tell, me what has you convinced, so thoroughly??" - Phillip Seymour Hoffman, DOUBT (2005).

***RECALL, HOFFMAN BEAT LEDGER IN THE BEST ACTOR CATEGORY, HOFFMANS CAPOTE OVER LEDGERS ENIS DEL MAR (BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN). LEDGER STATED, " I THOUGHT THE AWARD WAS FOR BEST ACTING, NOT BEST OVER ACTING. THE STORY WOULD GET MORE INTERESTING. AFTER LEDGER DIED IN 2008, HIS ROLE IN DARK KNIGHT BEGAN TO SWEEP EARLY AWARD SHOWS IN THE BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR CATEGORY. HOWEVER, THERE EMERGED A CONSIDERABLE COMPETITOR, WHO WOULD BEAT LEDGER AT A FEW REGIONAL AWARD CONTESTS. AS THE GLOBES AND THE OSCARS APPRAOCHED, THERE WOULD BE ONLY ONE MAN'S PERFORMANCE THAT COULD BLOCK LEDGER FORM TAKING THE OSCAR FOR HIS RLE AS THE JOKER. THAT MAN WAS PHILLIP SYTEMOUR HOFFMAN, WHO TURNED IN A STUNNING PERFORMANCE AS FATHER FLYNN IN DOUBT, WITH MERYL STREEP, IN ONE OF HER BEST PERFORMANCES, IMO. BUT HOFFMANS ROLE IS GOOD, UNTIL HE GETS TO THE SCENE WITH STREEP IN HER OFFICE ( SHE IS THE HEAD NUN AT THE SCHOOL) AND IT IS IN THAT SCENE WHERE HE REVEQALS WHY HE IS GIVING LEDGER SUCH A GOOD BATTLE. HE DELIVERS THE LINE ABOVE, AND IT IS MAGICAL, YOU CAN FEEL IT... (SMILE).

I wasn't aware I have a "pro-innocent idealogy." The guy didn't get a fair trial. Does that make him innocent? Of course not but I prefer to discuss the evidence that points to his guilt.

IMO, your comments are very disrespectful to Michelle. She wasn't a kid. She had two college degrees, an excellent career and was perfectly capable of supporting herself if she chose to be divorced. There was no evidence Michelle described sex with her husband as being "raped." She was a beautiful young woman who had choices and her choice was Jason and she made three babies with him.

Yes, there is - check out the video of Sargent - the therapist... I'll send the link. She states this word for word!! She felt like she was being assaulted by JY each time they had sex.

The thing is, police only showed her one photo. From that point on, any ID from her is properly useless. After that point, that picture is what she'll associate with that memory.

If they had given her a photo array, or had her look at a series of photos, and she identified JY out of multiple people, then her positive ID might be meaningful.

I agree. From her demeanor at trial, I think she didn't want to testify at all. It could be because in the length of time between she supposedly saw Jason and the trial, her memory may have deteriorated even further.

Yes, there is - check out the video of Sargent - the therapist... I'll send the link. She states this word for word!! She felt like she was being assaulted by JY each time they had sex.

Here it is MyBelle.

I am a big supporter of Michelle, if anything, I could see someone calling me disrespectful of JY. I live on Long Island, and Michelle is from Sayville, where my cousins live, so I am distraught about what has happened to her.

This is the testimony of the therapist - and it tells the tale of what Michelle thought about one of JYs favorite words "intimacy," you'll see - all of my contributions are based upon fact.

http://http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10715624/

Love ya,
G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads