Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to MEN there are significant delays with the press conference

This signals a major break through for me

I’m guessing Spanish police prevented him announcing it - obviously they have to allow time for the family to tell family members prior to an announcement being made.

*Yep, I figured it was the "three day" dude...
On Wednesday afternoon, Former British Detective Mark Williams-Thomas, who is in Tenerife investigating Jay's disappearance, has said he will hold a press conference at around 2:45pm

*A TV conference addressing the disappearance of missing British teenager Jay Slater is set to go live this afternoon.

Detective Mark Williams-Thomas arrived in Tenerife on Monday evening and now will build a "clear timeline" of the 24 hours before Jay Slater disappeared.

But it is understood there may be significant delays to the planned press conference this afternoon.

Mark Williams-Thomas shared an update at 1.33am in Tenerife saying he was 'just finishing for the day' as he works with Spanish Police and Jay's family pro bono to track the teenager down.

He said: "Been another very long day - just finishing for today. The last 24 hours has enabled me to spend time with Jay Slater’s family & friends and track down and speak in detail to crucial witnesses.

"I still have a number of crucial people to speak to and over the next few days will be making appeals for information to help support the Spanish police investigation & further my investigation."

Last edited:
The last thing he said to me 'I really need a drink'." She said: "The last pin he dropped wasn’t even on the road. Why did he go off road? There’s unanswered questions there." from earlier post...

*Could he have seen or thought he saw water at this time, and went off the road towards it because he was so thirsty, he mght not have been paying attention, perhaps slipped into the water or a ravine?

Police officers told Sky News they were examining the area, a rock face where there is a water source, with the help of drones.

They said the land they were focusing on was arid, barren and difficult to get to on foot.

It shows a helicopter searching the mountainous area, with search teams on foot having been joined by sniffer dogs.

They then enter a wooded area and proceed to search the mountainous region.

I don’t think many of us are expecting happy news at the point but hopefully the family can get closure and out of this media circus soon now.
The press conference might just be to update and clarify given the rampant speculation - though it would be good if the family got some answers albeit not the ones hoped for.

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet or if any relevance but if you check Google maps the bus stop up the road has written on the windows to be "beware of...can't make out the remaining bit".
it says "beware of the _____ ckts in the area..." (sic) still some words missing
(makes me think pick pockets! but could be something totally different)

I am surprised that it is a real bus shelter...too bad he could not wait there

Obviously we may not have been told the whole conversation with Lucy...but I agree if he feared the men he was within would have been the first thing he said to her not a drink and cut his leg

Pal Lucy Law, who was with the msising teen in the Canaries, said: "It’s been awful - I’ve never felt so awful in my life. None of us have slept the last few days. *The last thing he said to me 'I really need a drink'." She said: "The last pin he dropped wasn’t even on the road. Why did he go off road? There’s unanswered questions there."

She said: "I got the phone put down on me by the spanish authorities so I went to speak to them in person. I’ve had my phone stolen before, and they gave me the same slip of paper. They told me I’d get a call within 48 hours, but obviously the 48 hours after a person goes missing can be the most crucial.

"I’ve tried to report a 19-year-old is missing with no phone no water he’s never been in this area. There definitely needed to be more urgency." She said: "We went in for another police interview this afternoon, but there was no translator so we had to use Google Translator which isn’t ideal. You'd think they had someone in there who could translate for us."

She said: "They keep checking the same area, obviously he’s not there. The search needs to be made wider." Speaking to MailOnline, Mr Slater’s mother Debbie Duncan said: “I just don’t know what to think, I’m all over the place and I’m trying to keep positive, has somebody taken him? Is he panicked and lost in the mountains? I just don’t know, that’s why if anyone has any information please just tell us.

“But if he is lost then why hasn’t anyone seen him? It’s busy with hikers and holidaymakers up there so if he was lost then someone would have seen him, so that’s why I think maybe he’s been bundled off somewhere.”
*I wanna know what was said before he said "I really need a drink" so we could put the phrase in context.
""I’ve tried to report a 19-year-old is missing with no phone no water..." (snipped quote from Lucy in article above). I think Lucy interpreted "I need a drink" as meaning Jay had no water and was thirsty, as opposed to "fk my life".

Police officers told Sky News they were examining the area, a rock face where there is a water source, with the help of drones.
This actually is interesting because he said he was thirsty and he also had two hours to burn before the bus came. Even if his intention was to hike back to where he was staying, he naturally would have had to seek out water soon. Water carves out dangerous formations in the landscape, so it wouldn't be surprising if he hurt himself looking for it.

This also gives him a reason to leave the road.

Maybe he needed a drink, heard water rushing, left the roadway in search of the water, up one of those 'gullys' spoken of earlier in this thread. Years ago, having been in a similar situation, out of water, and really needing a drink, I heard water rushing down a canyon below. I had sipped a few drops on top from some water dripping off a moss covered rock, but it wasn't enough.
I've never been convinced by the 'going off road to answer a call of nature' theory but that one I really get, having been in a desperate situation myself once. Possibly with judgement and mobility impaired he could easily have fallen. It explains so much and why he wasn't spotted on the road apart from early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper