Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Qassim, 31, was jailed nine years ago for being the mastermind behind a sophisticated operation to flood Wales with Class A drugs

[…]

Asked how well he knew Jay and what he thought of the conspiracy theories surrounding his disappearance, Qassim said:

“Everyone knows each other. I'm not going to slander anyone.

'He's a cool guy, Jay. He ain't got a problem with me, I haven't got a problem with him or his mates. We just all talk to each other and everything was sweet.'”

I think all the inconsistences in the friends testimonies can easily be explained by them purposefully omitting the drug stuff to dont get themselves on trouble. Like they probably knew the reason for Jay going to the place with the two dudes was to buy drugs. Anyway i dont think this will change the outcome, i still belive he most likely got lost of road, unfortunately people on drugs dont make the best decisions.
Exactly, seems the most likely outcome. And probably why he thought he could walk back

Very strange. Staged photo in my opinion. Taken on Jays phone then sent to his friends to make out he was alive and well.
MOO

This coupled with the MWT timeline makes me give the side eye......just before 06:00 they leave the nightclub area and drive nearly an hour to the AirBnB, spends ~ 1 hour there, and then leaves? Why didn't AA offer to drive him back to the resort?

Although the Mail have a different timeline.

This is all so messy IMO and I suspect this is going to be a long drawn out (sad) saga.

This coupled with the MWT timeline makes me give the side eye......just before 06:00 they leave the nightclub area and drive nearly an hour to the AirBnB, spends ~ 1 hour there, and then leaves? Why didn't AA offer to drive him back to the resort?

Although the Mail have a different timeline.

This is all so messy IMO and I suspect this is going to be a long drawn out (sad) saga.
Does AA strike you as a kind person who'd do a 90 minute round trip to drop a lad he barely knows back to the resort at 7am after a hard nights partying? He certainly doesn't me :)

snipped

Aha! I've been waiting for "crime ring" to enter chat, as absurd as it sounded to some. I know this crime ring mentioned was in London, but rings can travel.

FWIW, he was sentenced to 9 years, 9 months in 2015.
2015 + 9 years = 2024.

jmo

Wasn't it also said that the people who attacked Jay when he was just 12 years old were "Asian"?

Asian can be a very broad description. Somalia is in Africa, but by appearance, some might describe a Somalian as looking "Asian" rather than African.

I hope Jay wasn't already involved with bad people when he was just 12.

Possibly but why would he take a photo of his feet? I would only believe it was Jay if his face was in the photo.
And strangely Lucy claimed to have found the house just from the picture of the steps.
I stand by my opinion that it was staged . Truth is often stranger than fiction and Criminals do go to great lengths to cover their crimes MOO as always

so they also took his shoes off his feet?
it's said he was wearing black and green Air Max trainers
the shoes in the pic are definitely black IMO

Wasn't it also said that the people who attacked Jay when he was just 12 years old were "Asian"?

Asian can be a very broad description. Somalia is in Africa, but by appearance, some might describe a Somalian as looking "Asian" rather than African.

I hope Jay wasn't already involved with bad people when he was just 12.
Not sure why this was directed to my post which didn't address anyone's heritage.

jmo

This case is just strange

I think the fact the police have searched the airbnb once again is an indication they aren’t 100% convinced this is as clear cut as him going missing in the mountains.

I think people need to be honest in this case.. Jay was not this ‘squeaky clean nice guy’ he was out for trouble that night IMO whether that be drugs or robbery - the fact one of these men is a convicted criminal who was in a gang, we don’t know about the other man, Lucy has question marks over her due to her frequent travel arrangements - all raises questions.

whilst the most likely outcome is still death in the mountains there’s still a huge question mark about what happened that night which need to be investigated.

Possibly but why would he take a photo of his feet? I would only believe it was Jay if his face was in the photo.
And strangely Lucy claimed to have found the house just from the picture of the steps.
I stand by my opinion that it was staged . Truth is often stranger than fiction and Criminals do go to great lengths to cover their crimes MOO as always
It wasn’t a photo, it was a screenshot of a video in which he is showing a cigarette, panning from his feet to the beautiful view he is looking at infront of the house. Very normal for a young man on holiday, and not a wise thing for a criminal to expose their location on the victim’s snapchat, Moo!

My local authorised dealer won't even contemplate putting you on the waiting list for one unless you are spending £100k+ a year on other watches and jewellery with them.
Good inside point regarding that it is not just a matter of having the money to purchase especially sought after high end watches, but one also needs to have an established buying history at a particular dealer. I imagine what goes for some new Rolex models may go even more for say, new AP Royal Oaks.

When applied to the potential scenario of an angry eastern European gangster, if such a gangster has the ability to buy desirable Rolexes and Royal Oaks new from a dealer, he could also have sufficient income to, well, contract revenge hits.
The idea that Jay stole the watch off the European is for the birds, looking at him he is a skinny little runt going by the photo by the pool with no shirt on, no way would he be able to mug what was described as a muscular Eastern European, if anyone did it must have been the 2 who hired the Airbnb
You may well have a point.

But, I could see a muscular Eastern European gangster applying the either the: "Guilty by association- or perceived association" concept and / or the: "Proof beyond a reasonable doubt? Oh, heck no. I just need suspicion of involvement" idea.

The possibility of a high end watch stolen from the wrong person could result in to different motivations from a violently inclined previous owner:

- Dollar value of the loss
- Loss of prestige and underworld social standing stemming from allowing a "runt" and what, two other "dudes" to steal from an established gangster.

The result, could be over kill directed at anybody deemed to have been involved in the theft.

Lucy mae is quoted as saying the men in air bnb told her he had gone to look for cigarettes.
You generally buy cigarettes when you are low on them not when you have none and if he was low on cigs he would not stray far from road as not much chance of finding a bar or shop on a hiking trail.
So if she is telling truth and air bnb men telling truth he either obtained cigs or didnt go off road.

You've forgotten the neighbour as well, she was in on it. Or did one of the two lads dress up as Jay pretending to ask about a bus?
Who knows. For all we know that AIRbnb could have been used for illegal purposes before. The owner was involved with a corruption charge in the past. things happen in the criminal underworld that most of us have no experience of.
There is a huge drug market in Tenerife and there is also known corruption in Spanish LE with regards to the drug trade.
Why did a convicted drug dealer travel to Tenerife for 3 days, stay out in the sticks ,hang around Veronicas strip for those 3 days and yet not attend the rave? We all have our own opinions and this is MOO

Not sure why this was directed to my post which didn't address anyone's heritage.

jmo

You mentioned a crime ring which seemingly involves Somalians, and I was wondering if Jay could have been involved with these people for many years--going right back to when he was attacked seven years ago.

Qassim, 31, was jailed nine years ago for being the mastermind behind a sophisticated operation to flood Wales with Class A drugs

[…]

Asked how well he knew Jay and what he thought of the conspiracy theories surrounding his disappearance, Qassim said:

“Everyone knows each other. I'm not going to slander anyone.

'He's a cool guy, Jay. He ain't got a problem with me, I haven't got a problem with him or his mates. We just all talk to each other and everything was sweet.'”

Now we are getting somewhere…..

Who knows. For all we know that AIRbnb could have been used for illegal purposes before. The owner was involved with a corruption charge in the past. things happen in the criminal underworld that most of us have no experience of.
There is a huge drug market in Tenerife and there is also known corruption in Spanish LE with regards to the drug trade.
Why did a convicted drug dealer travel to Tenerife for 3 days, stay out in the sticks ,hang around Veronicas strip for those 3 days and yet not attend the rave? We all have our own opinions and this is MOO
Where does it say they didn’t attend the rave? I keep seeing this mentioned on SM but can’t find a MSM article stating this?

apparently they did offer but later on and and Jay declined because he wanted to leave earlier
They were also meant to be going back to UK that day and vacate the Airbnb by 11am. They could have dropped him back to his hotel on the way to the airport. Why were they still there when Lucy supposedly tracked them down later that day? Did they book an extra night, buy new plane tickets ? Why did they not leave as planned ?

This case is just strange

I think the fact the police have searched the airbnb once again is an indication they aren’t 100% convinced this is as clear cut as him going missing in the mountains.

I think people need to be honest in this case.. Jay was not this ‘squeaky clean nice guy’ he was out for trouble that night IMO whether that be drugs or robbery - the fact one of these men is a convicted criminal who was in a gang, we don’t know about the other man, Lucy has question marks over her due to her frequent travel arrangements - all raises questions.

whilst the most likely outcome is still death in the mountains there’s still a huge question mark about what happened that night which need to be investigated.
In ,ireland, going missing up the mountains is code for brought up the mountains and murdered by gangsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper