Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

This picture of Jay's dad. Searching for his boy who's been missing in the mountains for two weeks. Basically looking for his lad's dead body.

And the tabloids and rumours are all focused on a Rolex watch.
It's important because it change the dynamics of why he left the Airbnb and didn't get a bus, example he wanted out of there quickly maybe after the guys had gone to sleep he thought he could get away with the Rolex.. potentially he could have been found by the European guy if they took it off him in the first place,
Plenty of Camera footage on the road back of a white car parked up with its boot open and what appears to be a scuffle, third person involvement should never be ruled out for missing person. Instantly they should have been looking at the CCTV 10 days ago not now but if information is withheld...

The locating the airbnb is interesting, I'm not saying it's relevant where Jay is but there is something missing about how she was able to get to a remote airbnb so quickly
She got a lift from an American person, reported earlier.
She also had a photograph of the exterior.
She didn't find it quickly, they searched for quite a while.

Now with the watch theory being spoken about it's worth remembering the quote from Lucy in the early days of the search
"I'd left the festival to come back to my hotel early because I was tired. Jay had stayed on with two new friends he'd made and a guy who we'd come with so there were four of them"

There was a fourth person with them, could have been Brad but people seem to think he went home early too.
How many people were they on the trip with? We only know of Lucy, jay and Brad so far...
I take the 4th person here to be Brandon

Now with the watch theory being spoken about it's worth remembering the quote from Lucy in the early days of the search
"I'd left the festival to come back to my hotel early because I was tired. Jay had stayed on with two new friends he'd made and a guy who we'd come with so there were four of them"

There was a fourth person with them, could have been Brad but people seem to think he went home early too.
How many people were they on the trip with? We only know of Lucy, jay and Brad so far...
There is footage of brad leaving the club just before Jay, the one where his jaw is all wobbly. And Lucy is there too.
Personally I think they are bending the truth being kids still in their mentality and not wanting to get in trouble which is daft when there is a threat to your friend MOO

Snipped by me for focus

Lucy's sense of urgency was apparent from the very beginning. It is something I have always been curious about.
She had her head screwed on right is what I took from it.
Wise and sensible.
Remember the recent case of Michael Mosley had filled the British press ?
She was aware of the danger and acted accordingly is and has always has been my reading of her actions.
I'm not sure why this is even in dispute?

She got a lift from an American person, reported earlier.
She also had a photograph of the exterior.
She didn't find it quickly, they searched for quite a while.
She had a photo of some steps, maybe there aren't any other residences in the area of the location pin but it seems pretty quick to me. Perhaps she already knew the American lady and she luckily had a free day to help with looking and there's nothing more to know

JMO

Wise and sensible.
She was aware of the danger and acted accordingly is and has always has been my reading of her actions.
Indeed.

Lucy spoke to him and he was distressed, as she has told LE, and she acted. The watch saga is another meaningless distraction to make something more sinister appear as the outcome: IMO.

Right, I saw a photo of him this morning, the 4th friend, i know i hadnt seen him before. He was a hefty guy and im pretty sure his name started with a B. Seems like it might have been an article with that Paul searcher. guy. Off to look...

Right, I saw a photo of him this morning, the 4th friend, i know i hadnt seen him before. He was a hefty guy and im pretty sure his name started with a B. Seems like it might have been an article with that Paul searcher. guy. Off to look...
There's a photo of Brandon in this article

She had a photo of some steps, maybe there aren't any other residences in the area of the location pin but it seems pretty quick to me. Perhaps she already knew the American lady and she luckily had a free day to help with looking and there's nothing more to know

JMO
She posted on SM in a Tenerife page about the situation and the American lady offered to drive her around looking--also driving her to the police station after Lucy was hung up on if I recall correctly.

I will stand corrected if some ACTUAL evidence comes to light that she didn't do everything she could of or one of these conspiracies with her is true.

Wise and sensible.
Well said. I tweeted a similar comment because I was disappointed by the backlash against her. She did incredibly well for an 18 year old.

Brad Hargreaves said he saw the missing teenager's feet slide on rocks during a call at around 8.30am, saying that is how he knew Mr Slater was not on a road.

He then said Mr Slater went down a "little drop" in one of his last video calls, and added: "He said, 'look where I am'.

"He didn't seem concerned on the phone until we knew how far away he was. I said, 'put your location on'. He said: '15-minute drive, 14-hour walk'.

"I don't know if it's accurate or not so I said to him: 'It's only a 15-minute drive, get a taxi'."
*I'm not sure he got a taxi, he may have, I hope so. I do think someone did 'help' him off the mountain like his dad mentioned as a possibility.

Last edited:
I find that daily mail article a bit bizarre . According to them one of jay’s friends told detectives last Friday but they have only just began looking into this ? The friend says jay was helping look for the watch so how would that get him in trouble ? If I didn’t know any better it sounds like the daily mail are taking rumours straight off Facebook.

I do wonder if his mates have kept stuff from the police to try and protect him if he’s found alive. Like a misguided attempt not to be a snitch.
While keeping stuff back about his reasons for going with the two guys might make sense, if they know for sure that he's not in the location of the 'ping' then it makes zero sense to not tell the police and searchers.

The locating the airbnb is interesting, I'm not saying it's relevant where Jay is but there is something missing about how she was able to get to a remote airbnb so quickly
I think we all as sleuthers could manage that one. She did have an image of the front steps, green railing, and his last known location...

Brad Hargreaves said he saw the missing teenager's feet slide on rocks during a call at around 8.30am, saying that is how he knew Mr Slater was not on a road.

He then said Mr Slater went down a "little drop" in one of his last video calls, and added: "He said, 'look where I am'.

"He didn't seem concerned on the phone until we knew how far away he was. I said, 'put your location on'. He said: '15-minute drive, 14-hour walk'.

"I don't know if it's accurate or not so I said to him: 'It's only a 15-minute drive, get a taxi'."

*I'm not sure he got a taxi, he may have, I hope so. I do think someone did 'help' him off the mountain like his dad mentioned.
BBM
Thinking out loud...
Personally, I feel there's been some errors in communication in this case.
I think Jay misunderstood Ophelia when she held up ten fingers, and thought she meant the bus was in ten minutes, not at 10am - hence why he said he'd "missed the bus". When he spoke to Brad I think Brad misheard what Jay said and that it was "50 minute drive, 14 hour walk", not 15 minutes. Depending on how much money Jay had on him this could make a big difference to how he was intending to get back to the resort - 50 minutes in a taxi could have been more than he could afford, so perhaps he decided to hitch a lift/walk during the day and catch the bus next morning?

Poor kid

It's important because it change the dynamics of why he left the Airbnb and didn't get a bus, example he wanted out of there quickly maybe after the guys had gone to sleep he thought he could get away with the Rolex.. potentially he could have been found by the European guy if they took it off him in the first place,
Plenty of Camera footage on the road back of a white car parked up with its boot open and what appears to be a scuffle, third person involvement should never be ruled out for missing person. Instantly they should have been looking at the CCTV 10 days ago not now but if information is withheld...
He didn't get the bus because it wasn't due for another two hours. But It think he was right outside when he asked Ofelia about the bus times, and I think the guys might have overheard him asking as someone said the bus was every ten minutes when it was actually at ten o'clock.

So he started walking, and was seen by Ofelia on the road in the direction of where the location beacon was.

Why would the Euro guy head to Masca in order to see Jay walking on the road, presumably after Ofelia's sighting?

Wise and sensible.
I dont think its a dispute, its a discussion of what more could she have potentially known about Jays circumstances that we do not. Its trying to glean more on Jays state, from her response to it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back