Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

Notalot new today other than the finding of sunglasses similar to Jay’s, near where his phone location showed. DM is the only paper reporting it so far, which probably speaks volumes.

"Spanish authorities say

there is

'no current evidence of criminality'

in the Jay Slater case.

Police in Tenerife
have given a major update in the Jay Slater,
saying there is 'no current evidence of criminality'."

Notalot new today other than the finding of sunglasses similar to Jay’s, near where his phone location showed. DM is the only paper reporting it so far, which probably speaks volumes.

Different shape IMO

And he has now taken to TikTok, and claimed a new clue has been found by a bloke called "Chris". In his latest update, he said: "There's two bits of information I'm going off, one of which is a 'three word' GPS, and the other is going to be a pair of sunglasses that were found by a man called Chris."

He also claimed a mysterious "special lady" was flying out to help with the search but was there "working" on something else at the same time.

"There are so many inconsistencies in what I am seeing and reading," he said. "I think the Spanish police need to take a step back and think 'Why did he go missing where he did and in what circumstances?'

"Were there any patterns forming that would point to him wandering off? The fact he is said to have done that just doesn't square with me. Was there anything sinister and untoward there, that would have made him go off with these two men? Is there anything in his past that needs looking at more fully?"

Wettone suggests Spanish police should begin looking down 'other avenues' including 'criminality'. He has also urged police to re-question all witnesses involved in the case as he doesn't believe many of them are 'telling the truth'.

"After this length of time and with nothing being found you have to ask is he even there and he is perhaps somewhere else?" he added. "The fact no body or evidence of him up there has been found would start leading me to another avenue, I'd even be asking are we sure he was up there in the first place."

The ex-cop says to get to the bottom of the conspiracy theory-riddled case, Spanish police should re-trace the days leading up to Slater's disappearance, including checking his bank accounts for anything 'untoward'.

After Spanish police have called off the manhunt for missing teen Jay Slater, a former cop says a fresh investigation should be launched - arguing the 19-year-old might not actually be missing

I’ve previously praised him on here but Paul Arnott is starting to get on my nerves

He’s accusing the search by the police the other day of being a PR stunt

It’s abit rich coming from him as everything he does is to try and boost his social media following

"British climber who flew to Tenerife to help find missing Jay Slater

accuses Spanish police of

'PR stunt'.

1719841146439.png

The climber and social media personality
has railed against Spanish authorities,
continuing the search today despite Tenerife police calling off their official search on the ground.

A British climber and TikTok creator has hit out at Spanish police,
calling the final 'massive search' to find Jay Slater a 'PR stunt'.

Paul Arnott, 29,
has stayed out in Tenerife and continued on his search for the missing 19-year-old from Lancashire,
despite the Civil Guard calling off their search on the ground yesterday (June 30).

Today,
the climber and social media personality
is back out on the mountainside near the rural town of Masca,
where Jay was last seen and his phone was last tracked,
searching where he thinks Jay Slater could be.

He broke his silence after days of searching,
telling his TikTok following on his account ‘downtherapids’:

'So, guys, I've literally been waiting for absolutely ages now.
This is a massive PR thing,
I'm telling you now.

I'm gonna ask him in a second to take my name off the list.

I'm just gonna go down there and do my thing.

I'm gonna do that now, I think.

Because there's people everywhere.
Literally people everywhere and nobody's doing anything'."

Phew! :oops:

Last edited:
I think this must be in reference to What Three Words, but we don’t know if Jay actually had that app, do we?
I think it is a reference to What Three Words, although the phrase "three word GPS" is a bit vague. I have a horrible feeling that this may be something to do with a medium. I hope I am wrong.

I think this must be in reference to What Three Words, but we don’t know if Jay actually had that app, do we?

I’m a bit confused by how it will help, but people have used his last location to work out the ‘what3words’ location.

I’d a thought the location was the location, whatever way you map it.

I absolutely do NOT understand
how someone can decide on 11 hour !!! trip on foot !!!
in summer heat without water !!!
in unknown terrain :oops:

When there was a cosy bus stop to wait for a bus
and
a cafe nearby to drink delicious coffee and eat something yummy for breakfast.

JMO
Not saying this is what happened but some teenagers are like this. Once when I was younger, my friends and I got drunk and my friend decided to walk home because she had no money left for a taxi. It was a 2 hour walk and that was at 4am in the morning. Obviously not as bad as 11 hours, but teenagers feel invincible, especially when inebriated. You cannot compare it with your own clear adult mind

I’ve previously praised him on here but Paul Arnott is starting to get on my nerves

He’s accusing the search by the police the other day of being a PR stunt

It’s abit rich coming from him as everything he does is to try and boost his social media following

Whilst he gains a massive amount of coverage for Jay, and out there physically searching, speaking to people. Refusing money. Gaining experience of different terrain to take forward elsewhere perhaps on other searches.

Yeah if he get a few more thousand followers so be it. Paul is out there searching

Not saying this is what happened but some teenagers are like this. Once when I was younger, my friends and I got drunk and my friend decided to walk home because she had no money left for a taxi. It was a 2 hour walk and that was at 4am in the morning. Obviously not as bad as 11 hours, but teenagers feel invincible, especially when inebriated. You cannot compare it with your own clear adult mind
I concur, with first hand experience too. I a managed 5 hours walking and got a lift that saved me another 5 hours…it’s entirely feasible.

"There are so many inconsistencies in what I am seeing and reading," he said. "I think the Spanish police need to take a step back and think 'Why did he go missing where he did and in what circumstances?'

"Were there any patterns forming that would point to him wandering off? The fact he is said to have done that just doesn't square with me. Was there anything sinister and untoward there, that would have made him go off with these two men? Is there anything in his past that needs looking at more fully?"

Wettone suggests Spanish police should begin looking down 'other avenues' including 'criminality'. He has also urged police to re-question all witnesses involved in the case as he doesn't believe many of them are 'telling the truth'.

"After this length of time and with nothing being found you have to ask is he even there and he is perhaps somewhere else?" he added. "The fact no body or evidence of him up there has been found would start leading me to another avenue, I'd even be asking are we sure he was up there in the first place."

The ex-cop says to get to the bottom of the conspiracy theory-riddled case, Spanish police should re-trace the days leading up to Slater's disappearance, including checking his bank accounts for anything 'untoward'.

After Spanish police have called off the manhunt for missing teen Jay Slater, a former cop says a fresh investigation should be launched - arguing the 19-year-old might not actually be missing
BBM. I am with him on this one. JMO.

Things we know for sure jay was at festival, he then went to after party at nightclub evidence of this exists
Things that haven't been provided with evidence by the media :clip of jay getting into car , if he had a smoke on steps at Airbnb did forensics retrieve stub for dna sampling did they swab glasses ,toliet seat ,door handle to see if I was definitely there ,was the blanket still at the premises or did jay set off with it ..just a couple of musings

in an era of cashless society highly unlikely thesedays

I’ve been doing a lot of Thinking back to my own raving days I would maybe have attempted a walk back too. Looking at some pictures it looks like the valley slopes down to the sea. In an addled state you could think oh short cut no problem! Obviously with a sober adult mind you know how high up you are and that an 11 hour walk without experience or provisions is insane. This reminds me a bit of Esther Dingley in the Pyrenees’s. She was an experienced hiker and not under the influence but she lost her life in the mountains. Her remains were not found till months later. I sadly think that’s what will happen with Jay.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
websleuther1957
Back