Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had wondered if the fall jay had in the nightclub was the distraction and the two Airbnb guys told jay they would give him his cut of the deal at their Airbnb I will find pic of fall for reference and post
Dont think the 2 Airbnb guys were there at the Rave .They were drinking in bars nearby though

Only recently took notice of this case as thought it was a sad case of a young lad getting himself in trouble.

Now it seems like he might have got mixed-up in a stolen Rolex plot? Can't see this ending well in any case and sadly like many of these cases they'll be lots of unanswered questions and what if's.....:(

Really do think we need to hear more about the two guys from the AirBnB despite what the local LE in Tenerife have said. Oddly mysterious and it seems like the Mail at least are on that tail.

I can imagine. It winds me up enough when people refer to their Audi's as 'their Jeep'.
It's a BLOODY AUDI! If you wanted a Jeep, BUY A BLOODY JEEP!

LOL, Kor! Are you from Burnley and have a twin!?

JMO but one issue with this is why would LL publicly post JS screenshot location on the Tenerife FB group if she knew these two guys were looking for him or if she thought he was in any danger from anyone looking for him
How long after reporting Jay missing did LL post the location to Facebook? Was it before or after she spoke to the two men at the Villa?

JMO but one issue with this is why would LL publicly post JS screenshot location on the Tenerife FB group if she knew these two guys were looking for him or if she thought he was in any danger from anyone looking for him
Perhaps by this point she was panicking and thought she would do anything.

Or just assumed the 2 guys wouldn’t be on that FB page? Also if she was FB friends with them she may have been able to see that they weren’t followers of the page.

Perhaps by this point she was panicking and thought she would do anything.

Or just assumed the 2 guys wouldn’t be on that FB page? Also if she was FB friends with them she may have been able to see that they weren’t followers of the page.
The page has always been public and can be seen by anyone, simply by searching JS name in the search bar the post would appear in search results.

Because she assumed (knew?) that they weren't looking for him because they (or someone else) had already found him JMO

May have already been said but I think J and the other 2 men (all) stole the watch.
J wasn't too bothered about discussing it on SnapChat in the car on the way back.
If he'd have stolen it himself he'd have kept it quiet from them IMO.
Maybe they were going to split the proceeds but J took off with it after they'd gone to bed in the morning. Explains why he walking fast up the road and that he was 'scared' and why he couldn't 'go back'.
He may have thought that they might follow him but when he went off road he might have thought he was safe from them, he was relaxed and laughing when he spoke to Brad.
What happened next is anyone's guess, he either got lost and perished, or they found him.

MOO

Last edited:
After conducting initial investigations, he briefed Jay's mum Debbie Duncan and took to social media on Wednesday to share some insights, cautioning against "filling the void" with damaging gossip. Mark disclosed: "We know that shortly before 6am on Monday the seventh of June, Jay left the area of Veronica Strip in [Playa de] Las Americas in a Seat Leon hire car with two males casually known to him."

"Jay and a number of his friends had spent time with them both over the previous two days. All three males including Jay travelled north by the main motorway, the TF1, to go to the two males' holiday rental, Casa de Abuela Tina, which was about an hour's drive away."

Mark added that Jay had contacted three different people after going back to the AirBnb, with various pictures taken including the Snapchat image showing him holding a cigarette on the cottage's doorstep. "I am confident that the photo on the doorstep is him, wearing a throw from the apartment and black and green Air Max trainers which he had on, on the night he went out."

I find it odd that Mark W-T is saying he’s confirmed that Jay had stolen a Rolex, when in the Snapchat he’s citing as proof of this (along with conversations he’s had with Jay’s friends), Jay is boasting about stealing a different brand of watch (AP).

It probably doesn’t matter to the outcome, but details and accuracy matter if you’re a detective I’d have thought?

Big grain of salt. HUGE.

Nope, MWT said a watch theft was not reported but that Jay’s mates said he wouldn’t have lied about it and that there were further conversations about it that morning.

so he wouldn't lie but he would steal??

If these two guys are as heavily into criminal activity as it seems, and Jay's friends had any indication that the two men could have been after Jay, argued with Jay, etc.... then I don't think that Lucy would have went to that airbnb asking for him. Even if the two men are her "associates" Jay was her friend and they could have held her responsible.

The newspapers describe Johnny Vegas and his mate as being ‘associates’ of Lucy as opposed to ‘friends’, that would subtly suggest that those 2 guys were involved in the drugs trade and she was a client of theirs (that is not judging her, millions of young take drugs), but the more stuff comes out the more I suspect these 2 guys know more about Jay disappearing than they have let on
Not necessarily a client. I have just watched on BBC player three programmes which are basically an A to Z of how to make MDMA and smuggle it abroad (inside the body) and sell at festivals and raves.

A Rolex/AP with a tracker? I'm going to say not, is that even a thing?
I don’t know, that’s why I asked . I assume some smart watches are trackable/find location? If someone had their expensive watch stolen and they could find it by location/tracker, then it would certainly allow them to find it and possibly the person who had taken it.

I don’t know, that’s why I asked . I assume some smart watches are trackable/find location? If someone had their expensive watch stolen and they could find it by location/tracker, then it would certainly allow them to find it and possibly the person who had taken it.
It was a perfectly reasonable question.

jmo

Speaking to The Telegraph on Wednesday, he said: “My only question is, and this is where you start the investigation from, why did two grown men take a young boy to a valley to a bed and breakfast? I can’t understand that.”

“Why? You need to ask them why and then start from there. Spanish police must know. It is frustrating. It’s a language barrier and you can’t get mad at Spanish police because they don’t like it.”

Mr Slater Snr spoke to The Telegraph after spending two hours searching the natural park in north-west Tenerife where his son vanished. He was joined by his other son, Zak, 24, and Mr Slater’s uncle, who did not want to be named.

Searching at the hottest point of the day, the trio followed a mountain path down the barren valley and looked inside two abandoned shacks, which sit just a few hundred yards from where Mr Slater’s phone was last traced.
1720030779465.jpeg
Mr Slater Snr, dressed in a black T-shirt and blue shorts, cut his legs and arms as he looked for his son. He said he was doing a “Columbo bit”, referencing the US TV detective.

Pointing to a large mountain peak in the distance, he said: “If someone told me ‘he’s up that hill and you’ll find him’, I’d climb that f---ing hill and find him.

He added: “If I had mountain boots and some ropes I would go for it, but I can’t do it in Adidas Sambas.

“All I’m doing is a Columbo bit myself. I mean, he might be on here, you never know. But as a dad, I don’t want him to be.

“You just don’t disappear. He’s a young boy. He’s fit. He’s fitter than us all put together. He’s played football all his life. He’s fit as a flea. You just don’t disappear.”

Yes, I still think that's the most likely thing to have happened. Obviously we have a lot more information now that couldn't have been predicted in the early days but lots of weird and wonderful carrying ons don't preclude a mundane final outcome

I'd like to say we'll see but I'm not sure that we will anytime soon

i mean, sort of could have been predicted with his history and other suspicious things in the early days. this is not a hiking enthusiast who went for an ill advised walk in difficult terrain.

May have already been said but I think J and the other 2 men (all) stole the watch.
J wasn't too bothered about discussing it on SnapChat in the car on the way back.
If he'd have stolen it himself he'd have kept it quiet from them IMO.
Maybe they were going to split the proceeds but J took off with it after they'd gone to bed in the morning. Explains why he walking fast up the road and that he was 'scared' and why he couldn't 'go back'.
He may have thought that they might follow him but when he went off road he might have thought he was safe from them, he was relaxed and laughing when he spoke to Brad.
What happened next is anyone's guess, he either got lost and perished, or they found him.

MOO
I think the more likely scenario is that they promised him a cut but the cash was back at the AirBnB they wouldn't have sold the watch on that quick and if it was sold on they wouldn't want to risk Jay knowing where they were staying in case the heat was on imo a young man more likely to sing like a canary under interrogation than a seasoned criminal who is used to the flack in my opinion in Jay's head it was all fun and games until it wasn't

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inthesun123
Back