Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that the Guardia's opinion of British tourists has changed for the better in the past 24 years. If it was anything like it was back when I visited in 2000, I'd imagine they would have just shrugged their shoulders and cared little of why Jay was there (or why he was missing for that matter).

I should add, that this isn't a criticism of the Guardia Civil as much as it's a criticism of how a huge portion of the British Public act when they visit the Mediterranean.
Yes. Seems to be quite a backlash from Spanish people at the moment against the British tourists. Not at all surprising .
Police are clamping down on the drinking in the party resorts in Spain arrest and big fines. Must be a nightmare for local residents

If he did steal it with the Somali pair and then an hour later publicly posted his location on Snapchat on the blanket picture, I can imagine that might’ve made them angry and they make him leave tbh. If he’s like any teenager I know he will be followed on Snapchat by a whole load of people he met on holiday and who knows who saw that public snap.

If he did steal it with the Somali pair and then an hour later publicly posted his location on Snapchat on the blanket picture, I can imagine that might’ve made them angry and they make him leave tbh. If he’s like any teenager I know he will be followed on Snapchat by a whole load of people he met on holiday and who knows who saw that public snap.
Who are the Somali pair ?? The 2 men at the Airbnb are both British and live in the UK

I’m so sorry for your loss
Thank you. It was a long time ago. Time really does heal. I'm so invested in this case so far away from me. I can only imagine how the families of all of the kids involved are feeling. Jays mom flies in. Where is my son? What do you mean? What watch? What drugs? What kidnapper? You kids better start talking. And tell me the truth this time. Where the hell is my son?

JMO but one issue with this is why would LL publicly post JS screenshot location on the Tenerife FB group if she knew these two guys were looking for him or if she thought he was in any danger from anyone looking for him

she wouldn't, therefore that angle has no substance IMO

Then if you add in the early on mention of he was nervous about going on this trip abroad, it all starts to possibly add up.

IMO he was nervous cause he'd never been abroad and never flown
I get nervous every trip - many people do

Wasn't that just a troll?

Possibly/probably, but it’s irrelevant in the context of me explaining why people have jumped to wild theories about criminal activity. That message, the machete attack, the possible drug taking/dealing and then the watch theft rumours. All in the first couple of days really, a perfect storm.

I assume because they thought he could get water, cellphone charge, and better directions. In a matter of life and death, they advised him toward known shelter and provisions, imo.

jmo

they told him to go back to the rental - not to a stranger's house - why would they try to send him toward danger?

Speaking exclusively to MailOnline today Qassim said: 'The only comment I have to make is that Jay came to the house alive, and he left the house alive.

'I let the geezer stay at mine because he had nowhere else to go, his friends had all left him.

'I know Jay, through friends, I'm not going to bring someone back to mine if I don't know them.

'I'm doing the geezer a favour and now my face is all over the news. It's a bit mental. I haven't even done anything.'

Now Qassim is back at his family's flat in Barking, east London.

In 2015 Qassim was the ringleader of a London-based crime gang who imported heroin and crack cocaine to Cardiff. When police raided a property there, they found drugs, cash, mobile phones and digital scales. Qassim was sentenced to nine years and nine months.

Qassim insisted he had had no argument with Jay and he had even given him a blanket to sleep in.

He added: 'If I'd fallen out with him would he even come to mine?

'There were no problems. You've seen the last images of him with his red blanket around him.

'I don't know if he had beef elsewhere because I don't know him that well, I only know him through friends.'

This is one of them from the Airbnb

Quote from that article

"I let the geezer stay at mine because he had nowhere else to go, his friends had all left him"

which doesn't sound very believable when his holiday accomodation was near by, why not drop him there rather then driving 45+ minutes up the mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader