Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My main question is still why he went to that Airbnb and stayed there for 2 hours. And why he sounded initially in good spirits upon leaving but also seemed like he wanted to get away from the Airbnb. I don't think anything necessarily nefarious happened there because then he'd have texted or called his friends to ask for help or at least seem distressed. But even the woman at the bus stopped and didn't sense any distress. So he wasn't upset but he also didn't want to go back there nor did he want to wait in front of the building. Which makes me wonder if he took something from there which he shouldn't have or felt paranoid due to drugs or mental health issues?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-30 17.24.02.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-30 17.24.02.png
    253.8 KB · Views: 8
According to Mr Williams-Thomas, Jay’s friends claim they saw an image on Snapchat in which the young man admitted to stealing a Rolex and asked for help to sell the luxury watch. This alleged incident occurred during the early hours of June 17-18, around the last time he was seen. However, with no concrete evidence beyond the word of his friends, the investigator remains cautious.

Adding another layer of intrigue, the British press has revealed the identity of one of the people who rented the Airbnb where Jay stayed the night before he vanished. The man is believed to be Ayub Qassim, a 31-year-old who was in prison for being the mastermind behind a sophisticated drug operation in Wales.

“I let him stay at my house because he had nowhere else to go and all his friends had abandoned him. I know Jay through friends, I did him a favour and now my face is all over the news,” Mr Qassim said this week.

It also appears that he didn’t use his real name to book the Spanish accommodation, instead posing as ‘Ayub Abdul’.

All I am aware of is that something was stolen by him, and he wanted to sell whatever it was.

According to Mr Williams-Thomas, Jay’s friends claim they saw an image on Snapchat in which the young man admitted to stealing a Rolex and asked for help to sell the luxury watch. This alleged incident occurred during the early hours of June 17-18, around the last time he was seen. However, with no concrete evidence beyond the word of his friends, the investigator remains cautious.

Adding another layer of intrigue, the British press has revealed the identity of one of the people who rented the Airbnb where Jay stayed the night before he vanished. The man is believed to be Ayub Qassim, a 31-year-old who was in prison for being the mastermind behind a sophisticated drug operation in Wales.

“I let him stay at my house because he had nowhere else to go and all his friends had abandoned him. I know Jay through friends, I did him a favour and now my face is all over the news,” Mr Qassim said this week.

It also appears that he didn’t use his real name to book the Spanish accommodation, instead posing as ‘Ayub Abdul’.
I have noticed in this article it seems to point out that the AirBnB was initially searched and this was second time although perhaps the forensics team only went in this week where as first time maybe just a look see

I think much more likely that the Rolex reference is a drug reference. Not sure which one, but this link has it as slang for cocaine. https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2018-07/DIR-020-17 Drug Slang Code Words.pdf

This would explain why there has been such certainty around the value of the "Rolex". A street value of £12k sounds more plausible than the known value of a watch. The men who took Jay to the AirBnb were known dealers. They may have put him up to stealing the gear, removed him far from the scene, paid him (or not) for the job and threatened him that he would be hunted down by the person he stole from so better make himself scarce.

Jay's friends could well be omitting key drug-related information for fear of trouble, and might be happy to see media, LE and private investigators running with the idea that it was a watch.

Don't know how to attach two files in one post yet but in the above articles it shows differences in Lucy's timelines in first one it says Lucy arrives at AirBnB at 11am in second article from much earlier June 18th it states she was contacted by an American woman and they drove around all day looking in all nooks and cranys to find ..my question is if Jay was on phone at 8.50 to her reports to police at 9.06am goes to police station files a report and drives 60 mins or more to mesca how did she reach AirBnB at 11am if she didn't know where it was in first place
I would be very wary of anything Lucy had to say.

My main question is still why he went to that Airbnb and stayed there for 2 hours. And why he sounded initially in good spirits upon leaving but also seemed like he wanted to get away from the Airbnb. I don't think anything necessarily nefarious happened there because then he'd have texted or called his friends to ask for help or at least seem distressed. But even the woman at the bus stopped and didn't sense any distress. So he wasn't upset but he also didn't want to go back there nor did he want to wait in front of the building. Which makes me wonder if he took something from there which he shouldn't have or felt paranoid due to drugs or mental health issues?
I dont believe anything nefarious happened at the B&B.

He was young, had already walked 30 minutes, no way was he walking all the way back.. I think that was his logic and it's understandable.
I'd have kept walking too, I reckon and I lived in Greece..

People truly and utterly don’t seem to understand that dehydrated, still with alcohol and potentially drugs in his system, his first time on holiday alone, Jay isn’t going to be making the most sense. The evidence we have is him saying he is in need of a drink and is lost. After he is filmed in a drug looking inebriated and falling over.
Snipped

Here on WS, I think this is the general consensus. There was likely unsavory activity going on, but Jay succumbed to the elements when he ventured into rugged territory ill-prepared and in no condition to handle the terrain, distance, and elements.

I just hope he is found sooner rather than later.

jmo

I think much more likely that the Rolex reference is a drug reference. Not sure which one, but this link has it as slang for cocaine. https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2018-07/DIR-020-17 Drug Slang Code Words.pdf

This would explain why there has been such certainty around the value of the "Rolex". A street value of £12k sounds more plausible than the known value of a watch.
I think it's highly unlikely that there's one bloke walking around a nightclub in Tenerife with £12k of cocaine in his bag. That's not how it works out there. They split it into '20 bags' and distribute these between the younger dealers who then sell it on the floor.
The whole point is to reduce losses should one of the dealers get mugged/lose their product/get arrested.
The bulk product gets nowhere near the club.

£12k is a perfectly realistic price for a luxury watch on the black market, depending on brand/model. £10k even more realistic, which is the figure Jay mentions in his alleged Snapchat.

There is nothing to suggest she did anything nefarious apart from fantastical internet rumours.
She was great, acted fast, got help, did everything possible including searching the first few nights..
Oh I agree completely that she acted fast and smartly I was just pointing out the discrepancies in either reporting or facts on timelines have changed due to possible questioning of American lady to cohoberate witness statements by law enforcement

I think this whole watch thing is going to turn out to be nothing.

I still think this is a case of a British kid taking on an inadvisable long walk in heat in a strange country, getting disoriented and dehydrated and succumbing.

Whatever his distant past or very recent actions, I think they're going to turn out to have nothing to do with him going missing, except as backstory for how he got to the time and place where his life ended too soon.

I feel deep sympathy for his family and friends. Nobody's life bears the close scrutiny of the world press, and a bit of a hot mess of a teenager bears it less well than most. I'm sure they were just waiting for him to grow up a bit and settle down, and I'm sure they thought he was getting there. He had a job, hadn't got into trouble in a while. Now they don't get to see what kind of man he would have become.

MOO

Last edited:
I think it's highly unlikely that there's one bloke walking around a nightclub in Tenerife with £12k of cocaine in his bag. That's not how it works out there. They split it into '20 bags' and distribute these between the younger dealers who then sell it on the floor.
The whole point is to reduce losses should one of the dealers get mugged/lose their product/get arrested.

£12k is a perfectly realistic price for a luxury watch on the black market, depending on brand/model. £10k even more realistic, which is the figure Jay mentions in his alleged Snapchat.
I think the papers referred to the 12k being in euro and the 10k is the sterling equivalent which is what it's being reported jay said

OK, thank you, that is useful info. It isn't a world that I (or I am sure any of us) is close to, but it does seem like there are some elements of the back story that could have relevance to Jay's disappearance.

Not necessarily. His crime was 11 years ago.
Spanish police checked them out..
they gave them the all clear.
Also Lancashire Police had been in contact and offered their services so it's likely they had that information too..
<modsnip> ... with a history of drug dealing, booking a 3 day rental in the remote mountains of Tenerife? Loitering around a rave but not attending? Ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip> ... with a history of drug dealing, booking a 3 day rental in the remote mountains of Tenerife? Loitering around a rave but not attending? Ok.
According to the Daily Mail they were at the rave (Vegas and this chap), and were drinking Hennessey cognac through the night

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member