Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I suspect they were referring to Scotland Yard.
I don't know why they'd need permission from Scotland Yard either. There's no criminal investigation so the family can fly in a team if they like. John Tossell's family did when he went missing in Zante.
I'm not even convinced there's such a thing as Scottish mountain rescue.
Jmo

I don't believe Jay stole the watch either. Judging by the state he was in at the rave do we really think he had the wits about him to steal the watch from the arm of a big burly guy and get away with it !! Those who steal like this are usually skilled at it and have had plenty of practice . These type of thefts are lucrative business for criminals who go to these sort of places for that very purpose. Although more common in the upmarket resorts on Ibiza where the rich and famous go to party. Veronicas strip and Playa de las America are pretty down market .MOO

The general consensus seems to be that he stole the watch from the two men at the AirBnB, after they stole it from somebody else.

How do countries get involved in cases abroad are they invited or is it through embassies can the UK law enforcement now question the AirBnB guys ,well the guy that has gone public I'm not familiar with uk law I know in my country sometimes the government can request of another government on behalf of the family affected I'm wondering could Jay's parents get the help of uk government

I don't know why they'd need permission from Scotland Yard either. There's no criminal investigation so the family can fly in a team if they like. John Tossell's family did when he went missing in Zante.
Jmo
Scottish Mountain Rescue are 100% a real organisation. But they have neither the resources nor the time to fly out a team to a foreign country to help search for an individual, British Citizen or not.

Jmo

How do countries get involved in cases abroad are they invited or is it through embassies can the UK law enforcement now question the AirBnB guys ,well the guy that has gone public I'm not familiar with uk law I know in my country sometimes the government can request of another government on behalf of the family affected I'm wondering could Jay's parents get the help of uk government
There's no evidence of any crime being committed at present. The watch hasn't been reported stolen and for the time being, Jay is still a missing person and has not been pronounced dead.
Until a criminal investigation is formally announced, the UK has no real jurisdiction in this matter. They can offer to help, but it's up to Spain whether or not that help is accepted.

That being said. I think we can be 100% certain that UK LE have launched a full investigation and are following the case closer than anybody on WS is. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a detective here reading these replies right now. Crowdsourcing can be a massive help in these kinds of cases.

My main question is still why he went to that Airbnb and stayed there for 2 hours. And why he sounded initially in good spirits upon leaving but also seemed like he wanted to get away from the Airbnb. I don't think anything necessarily nefarious happened there because then he'd have texted or called his friends to ask for help or at least seem distressed. But even the woman at the bus stopped and didn't sense any distress. So he wasn't upset but he also didn't want to go back there nor did he want to wait in front of the building. Which makes me wonder if he took something from there which he shouldn't have or felt paranoid due to drugs or mental health issues?
The problem with this is we only have Brad and Lucys accounts of phone calls with Jay . There have been many inconsistencies in Lucys accounts so far. IMO they cannot be relied on as facts

The problem with this is we only have Brad and Lucys accounts of phone calls with Jay . There have been many inconsistencies in Lucys accounts so far. IMO they cannot be relied on as facts
The person I really want to hear from is this American tourist that allegedly offered Lucy a lift to Masca. I'm surprised nobody had traced them yet.
They seem to be the only individual that has managed to remain completely anonymous throughout this case so far, which is odd.

Thank you. I knew that there were many volunteer run rescues, but didn't realise that they all came under an umbrella organisation.

Qassim said he knew Jay through friends. If one of those friends is Lucy I don’t believe for a second she wouldn’t have his number/snap/insta. My sons around that age swap details with everyone.

Perhaps that’s how she could locate them quickly

JMO
Qassim remained tight-lipped over his thoughts on exactly what has happened to Jay, and simply said: "Everyone knows each other. I'm not going to slander anyone. He's a cool guy, Jay. He ain't got a problem with me, I haven't got a problem with him or his mates. We just all talk to each other and everything was sweet."

The person I really want to hear from is this American tourist that allegedly offered Lucy a lift to Masca. I'm surprised nobody had traced them yet.
They seem to be the only individual that has managed to remain completely anonymous throughout this case so far, which is odd.

Why would this person like to be dragged into this Media frenzy??

She did what she thought was right,
was allegedly helpful in emergency
and surely was questioned by Police.

Staying anonymous and avoiding Press like a plague
is the most sensible decision.

JMO

I am not convinced he absconded with anything of theirs, if he stole from them it wouldn’t take long for them to get their revenge in England, they would have hunted him down there, especially as they associates of Lucy, he would have no hiding place

<modsnip: Speculation re orientation is a violation of Websleuths Terms of Service>
Yes your response is logical but remember Jay had just been partying/raving/etc for three days straight, probably didn't get much sleep, may have been drinking rather a lot. Hardly approaching things rationally, which of course may explain why - whatever did or didn't happen at the Airbnb - he decided to hike back to his apartment rather than wait for a bus or seek help from locals.

Qassim remained tight-lipped over his thoughts on exactly what has happened to Jay, and simply said: "Everyone knows each other. I'm not going to slander anyone. He's a cool guy, Jay. He ain't got a problem with me, I haven't got a problem with him or his mates. We just all talk to each other and everything was sweet."

If the Mirror is quoting Qassim accurately, he is the definition of shifty...

I agree, I just pierced it together from what has been presented to the public. There's the woman who allegedly saw him outside when asking about bus times. Witness accounts also do not always have to be reliable or correct. I remember there was a case with Rebecca Reusch in Germany who went missing and a woman said she 100% saw her on the bus with a blanket that day. This was part of the investigation they then researched. Eventually they got CCTV from the bus and she was never there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gingina30
Back