Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
maybe it's all that was available or maybe it was the cheapest option
I guess my confusion about the AirBnB is more about WHY he needed one rather than its location. Please correct me if I am wrong, but he manages an establishment there. Even if he travels between there and the UK, it seems like he'd have a place to stay. Was he expected just to book a place each time he visited the island?

I guess my confusion about the AirBnB is more about WHY he needed one rather than its location. Please correct me if I am wrong, but he manages an establishment there. Even if he travels between there and the UK, it seems like he'd have a place to stay. Was he expected just to book a place each time he visited the island?

idk I just don't think any of those details have anything to do with Jay missing

red herrings IMO

idk I just don't think any of those details have anything to do with Jay missing

red herrings IMO
I don't either.
I think it was probably much cheaper than accommodation around the festival which was probably at a premium at the time. Also they had a vehicle, short hop to the action and back to chill out in a peaceful place.
I can understand Jay not wanting the night to end, maybe a bit frazzled by it all accepting their offer in the spirit of adventure..

That is how he was in the morning too, lost but I'll forge ahead..

I can understand that and I can empathise with it because I'd be the exact same myself.. and if they were good company I certainly wouldn't be checking out their crime files prior to accepting their invitation.

Something happened on that road, I think he stepped off it periodically when vehicles were coming.. maybe he then decided to hitch hike and returned to the road..

I don't know but I prefer to take it at face value.

He sounds like a lovely chap, I'm sure I would have enjoyed his company.

I'm hoping he's at peace and received all the love being sent in his direction.

Something old,
Something new...

"In the car they played music all the way,
they stopped once to get a can of fizzy drink,
and there was three of them in the car,
Jay in the back and Qassim's friend in the front.

'Once at the property, his friend opened the door, and went to the left and went straight to sleep'.

'Jay walked in, and Qassim walked in behind him,
went upstairs, and got him a red blanket.'

Jay then asked for a charger and then went into Qassim's friend room, while he was sleeping and got the charger.

Mr Williams-Thomas said that Qassim told him he then went to sleep and woke up to the sound of the door buzzing.

He added:
'Qassim opened the door and spoke to a woman and man and they told, him to move his car,
which he did and he said he could see Jay chatting to a woman'.

He said that after moving the car,
he came back and saw Jay had his trainers on
and he told Qassim that the woman had said he could get a bus 'every ten minutes'.

Qassim said to him
'Chill, mate, I'll drop you off later, when I wake up'
but he said Jay said
'nah, I need some scran,
I'm hungry'.

Jay said he had been told by the woman the bus to Los Cristianos was every ten minutes
and Qassim said there was no bus and added
'Do what you like'
before going to sleep.

Mr Williams-Thomas added:
'Qassim says the next think he remembers is getting a call from one of Jay's friends to say
he is lying in a ditch somewhere
and that he's been 'bitten by a cactus'."

Last edited:
“He told me he was on the (Veronicas) Strip in Playa de las Americas and said that Jay wanted to carry on partying and that he hadn't anywhere to stay, so he (Qassim) invited him back to his rental. In the car they played music all the way, they stopped once to get a can of fizzy drink, and there was three of them in the car, Jay in the back and Qassim's friend in the front."

Arrests have been made over the fires

Arrests have been made over the fires

The dense fog has seen a flurry of flights being directed from Tenerife's North Airport to the one on the South side of the island, while other flights were facing huge delays

Visibility was reduced to around 400 metres, which limited planes to just one on the runway at any one time. And if that wasn't bad enough, one fire-crazy arsonist was arrested after being found to be behind a whopping 15 fires

'Jay then asked for a charger and then went into Qassim's friend room, while he was sleeping and got the charger.'

Was there perhaps a watch beside that charger...

What the heck. So Qassim is Vegas...then who exactly is the 2nd man with Qassim/Vegas? Ugh!
Qassim seems to be very protective of the second man even though his own identity has been discovered and outed. I'm wondering whether he's a bigger drug supplier than Qassim maybe higher up the chain of command?? Mark has said he has discovered his ID but needs to do more investigations about him. Qassim is refusing to discuss the issue of the rolex too.

'Jay then asked for a charger and then went into Qassim's friend room, while he was sleeping and got the charger.'

Was there perhaps a watch beside that charger...
Maybe that's why he didn't charge his phone when offered which most of us would always do. He saw the rolex watch, took it and got out of there fast forgetting all about the need to charge his phone.

Qassim seems to be very protective of the second man even though his own identity has been discovered and outed. I'm wondering whether he's a bigger drug supplier than Qassim maybe higher up the chain of command?? Mark has said he has discovered his ID but needs to do more investigations about him. Qassim is refusing to discuss the issue of the rolex too.
Yes, I just saw that. This is all nuts...
Whats crazy to me is that you have this PI talking to these guys that are making some very interesting statements-is there any likelihood he is being investigated by UK/Spanish LE still? Surely to god...

It could be something as simple as he’s received so much attention from HIS exposure that he wouldn’t wish the same on his friend - I wouldn’t want do out my friend like that regardless of who they were. And if the account is true it sounds like the friend was asleep the whole time anyway so probably doesn’t have much relevance… moo. With the rolex it could also be resentment for all of the rumours surrounding him, so to Qassim it’s “ridiculous” to even talk about the watch. That’s how i took it, for some reason I feel these two aren’t as linked to the disappearance as I did before. all moo.

Maybe that's why he didn't charge his phone when offered which most of us would always do. He saw the rolex watch, took it and got out of there fast forgetting all about the need to charge his phone.
Great point. If he found that charger...he wouldn't have been out of charge so quickly! Oh dear. It literally seems like AQ is giving us the story here...JMO

It could be something as simple as he’s received so much attention from HIS exposure that he wouldn’t wish the same on his friend - I wouldn’t want do out my friend like that regardless of who they were. And if the account is true it sounds like the friend was asleep the whole time anyway so probably doesn’t have much relevance… moo. With the rolex it could also be resentment for all of the rumours surrounding him, so to Qassim it’s “ridiculous” to even talk about the watch. That’s how i took it, for some reason I feel these two aren’t as linked to the disappearance as I did before. all moo.
At what point did you have you suspicions about them? And what changed that? I'm the opposite. I was convinced of misadventure, but now changed that.

Talking of phone chargers...

Every phone I got (Android)
required a separate charger!

There is no "one for all".

Although it is supposed to change soon I heard.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamieoconnor
Back