TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Still such a tall order, to get a shroomed-out Caleb from somewhere in the middle of a plowed-under cornfield, down a manhole and drifting along in a 15-inch-diameter intake pipe, through the small filter screen at the bottom of the 40-foot-deep lift station and up into the wet well chamber, where his body then languishes undetected for more than four months because, for some reason, it is unable to pass through the 18-inch-diameter outbound pipe. The array of things that need to happen to make any of this feasible simply beggar belief, IMO. Not to mention there is no LE confirmation of any of it.

While waiting for identification of the remains, I've been contemplating various elements of this case and I'm struck by how far-fetched some of them are, how strikingly improbable. I'm going to try to build a list of them in another post, just for what the hey.
Where is the suggestion that Caleb could've been on mushrooms coming from? Is that just a theory? Seems unlikely to me because he was planning to go to class in a few hours and then go fishing. IIRC he had a test to take in his class. And he was excited about the fishing trip. I can't see him doing something to disrupt his day like that. His Dad said Caleb was very organized and liked to plan things out. It seems out of character from what his Dad has told us about Caleb.

Where is the suggestion that Caleb could've been on mushrooms coming from? Is that just a theory? Seems unlikely to me because he was planning to go to class in a few hours and then go fishing. IIRC he had a test to take in his class. And he was excited about the fishing trip. I can't see him doing something to disrupt his day like that. His Dad said Caleb was very organized and liked to plan things out. It seems out of character from what his Dad has told us about Caleb.

My understanding is that it is just a rumor that has been stated as a fact by Gray Hughes on one of his youtube segments recently. Not confirmed by LE or anyone else, except for GH, as I understand it. If GH has a source for this, he hasn't gone public with his source. So just a rumor, IMO.

The shrooms notion surfaced in one of the two latest Gray Hughes Investigates videos a couple of days ago. IMO, his sourcing was too dependent on SM commentary and therefore less than credible.

It’s a tricky situation for us here at WS because Gray Hughes Investigates YT is an approved site, yet on it he showed and discussed a post from Caleb’s Missing FB page that is Private status, so bringing the FB Missing page stuff here directly isn’t allowed. At least, that’s my understanding. MOO

@JenniferTx , I appreciate your view as a local, because some others here have said it is a beach town, so no shoes is not unusual. It seemed maybe not too unusual for him to be barefoot within his apt complex grounds, but walking around outside through fields and beyond sounds odd to me.

@shetalksinstereo , heh, I often do that, too.

I seem to recall Caleb’s dad saying Caleb is barefoot in the doorbell video and also in the Snapchat video he sent to his sister walking the dog, but I sure couldn’t see his feet to be able to tell.
As long as Caleb was on a hard surface like the pavement in the parking lot or a concrete sidewalk I can see it too. I do it sometimes myself, and I also live on the Gulf Coast.

But IMHO no one would walk willingly into a field full of corn stalks,rocks,etc, especially at night. That would be so painful and dangerous at any time of the year.

The shrooms notion surfaced in one of the two latest Gray Hughes Investigates videos a couple of days ago. IMO, his sourcing was too dependent on SM commentary and therefore less than credible.
That's why I discount him. His use of rumors and less than credible sources just muddies the water. I do not find him useful at all.

It’s a tricky situation for us here at WS because Gray Hughes Investigates YT is an approved site, yet on it he showed and discussed a post from Caleb’s Missing FB page that is Private status, so bringing the FB Missing page stuff here directly isn’t allowed. At least, that’s my understanding. MOO
I don't understand why he is an approved source....since he consistently uses unreliable information. It conflict with what is normally allowed.

I don't understand why he is an approved source....since he consistently uses unreliable information. It conflict with what is normally allowed.
Regarding the FB Missing page for Caleb that GH is relying on, it’s a page that was approved by the Harris family, as I understand, and possibly some family posts there. I am not positive, though. It used to be a Public page but it was changed to Private some time ago. MOO

According to one of Gray’s sources, and repeated by one of the admins for the official Caleb Facebook group, Caleb had been failing his classes, had his job offer in Alaska rescinded, and used mushrooms recreationally.

It appears his parents were at least partially in the dark about all of this, if it is in fact true.

I do think there is truth to it, as those were the very questions I was asking when he first disappeared. Abduction was incredibly unlikely (with great difficulty my view changed based on the alleged Reddit), and an accident seemed to make the most sense.

Now I’m back where I started, but the question remains as to how he could have found himself where he wound up.

Being intoxicated opens up a lot more doors, but doesn’t fully explain the circumstances.

Regarding the FB Missing page for Caleb that GH is relying on, it’s a page that was approved by the Harris family, as I understand, and possibly some family posts there. I am not positive, though. It used to be a Public page but it was changed to Private some time ago. MOO
I am a member.....and there is nothing useful on that page. Lots of crazy theories and rumors. Tony used to post there occasionally but not anymore. I think Caleb's grandmother did too.But they did not divulge anything new.

According to one of Gray’s sources, and repeated by one of the admins for the official Caleb Facebook group, Caleb had been failing his classes, had his job offer in Alaska rescinded, and used mushrooms recreationally.

It appears his parents were at least partially in the dark about all of this, if it is in fact true.

I do think there is truth to it, as those were the very questions I was asking when he first disappeared. Abduction was incredibly unlikely (with great difficulty my view changed based on the alleged Reddit), and an accident seemed to make the most sense.

Now I’m back where I started, but the question remains as to how he could have found himself where he wound up.

Being intoxicated opens up a lot more doors, but doesn’t fully explain the circumstances.
That page is a mess.The admins are very gullible. It was posted as fact that the phone was found....among other mistakes. Nothing is verified before posting. And Gray Hughes is not a reliable source on any case. He's wrong more than he's right. He doesn't have "sources" like an actual trained investigavtive reporter.
This all could be true....or not. The reddit account could be Caleb's...or not.The body that was found could be Caleb....or someone else. In this case there have been so many rumors taken as fact and spread around everywhere. Not much has been verified by anyone in Law Enforcement.
I have never seen a case taken over by unsubstantiated rumors and misunderstood information as much this one has been. Nothing gets confirmed as fact before it becomes woven into Caleb's story.

Gray Hughs Investigates claims to have insider sources ( family, friends of Caleb) who are giving him this information, which he takes as gospel.

If Caleb was failing his classes, and had his job rescinded, with probably not wanting his parents to know, is suicide (while under the influence of something) possible?
If the information that GHI is providing is accurate, it’s at least a factor to consider, while previously it had not seemed part of the equation at all. MOO

Does anyone here have access to the Reddit account that was theorized to be Caleb’s? Just curios if it has changed at all since the discovery of unidentified remains in the lift system? Thanks if you are able to check.

My theory is that he met up with someone, it went wrong, Caleb was seriously injured, and placed in the lift station. Either the lift station was unsecured (unlocked, hole in fence) or the assailant had a key (being an employee or former employee or friend of someone with a key). How long he was in there will be determined by forensics. Moo

Does anyone here have access to the Reddit account that was theorized to be Caleb’s? Just curios if it has changed at all since the discovery of unidentified remains in the lift system? Thanks if you are able to check.
I think the account may have been closed by law enforcement early on. Not positive, though.

The account is still up exactly as it was. Some mods have locked comments on his posts but that's it.
Thank you very much— there was chatter elsewhere that some of Caleb’s posts, comments and photos have been deleted from the account, but sounds like that’s not the case. In other words— much ado about nothing.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamert.ellie
Back