Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lots of strange things in this conversation firstly the second person is basically being shielded by ayub by statements like friend went straight to bed no words spoken just straight in front door and up to bed then refusing to name him and almost implying jay and guy no2 didn't interact and if Jay went into the guys room to get the charger how does ayub know guy no2 was sleeping I feel ayub is tying him self in knots and how would a friend of Jay's know jay was lying in a ditch ,shouldn't that read could be lying in a ditch maybe the daily mail is sensationalizing with the wording of the statement given by ayub weird
IMO Ayub & co., are professionals and gave the standard alibi. Nothing to see, just 2 tired guys. Being kind. And we were sleep the whole time.
In bed asleep is the go-to alibi. A man can learn a lot in prison, about alibi.

"He said 'I don't know where I am, I need a drink and my phone is about to die'." The young woman managed to locate the Airbnb on the day of his vanishing, after using markers in Jay's last Snapchat image.

"She approached the two men who were still inside the property. She said: "We managed to find the house. I knocked on the door and there were two people there."

They said Jay had gone out for a cigarette before going back in and saying he wanted to go home. "They told me he'd spoken to the next-door neighbours and they'd told him there was a bus every 10 minutes back down to Los Cristianos," said Lucy.

"The bus stop was right next to the house. So obviously if he'd gone to get the bus he wouldn't have got lost because it [the stop] was visible from the front door.
*we sure need an accurate timeline with all the new details coming out.
It does sound like Lucy was insinuating she didn't know the two men?

Qassim said that Jay mentioned he wanted to keep partying and had no where to go.
Jay's hotel was close to the festival. Now why did he say he had nowhere to go? The easiest explanation would be that he had an argument with his friends and didn't want to join them in the hotel. But this can be easily disproved by Jay calling Brad after he left the airbnb when he was still in a "good mood" and sending Snapchats to friends and family when he was there.

Qassim stopped at a place to get some drinks with Jay and the 2nd man. Were they consumed there or taken in the car with them to the airbnb?

Despite wanting to keep partying, it seems like the two men wanted to get to bed pretty much right after they arrived at the Airbnb.
Qassim then said the 2nd man went straight to sleep and Jay asked for a charger. This was around the time Jay left so he clearly didn't want to hang around to charge his phone despite his original plan to ask for a charger. Did he take the charger with him?

Jay really seemed like he wanted to get out of that Airbnb, to the point he didn't even want to wait to charge his phone. I think this is the most important part that is consistent with the phone call where he said he doesn't want to go back.

[bbm]

according to Lucy, he did not say 'he doesn't want to go back' - he said he "didn't know where he was"

huge difference IMO

I really don't think they would have let him wander off if they had ill intent or had involved him in any dodgy scheme of theirs.

ETA apologies for the repeat - rookie mistake.
to be honest we do not know that he did wander off

Mark Williams Thomas also

Also Mark Williams Thomas said Q told him Jay went out for a cigarette/to try and buy cigarettes and came back (can't find the link now sorry), but Mark Williams Thomas also says he was 'scared'- and didn't want to go back, how can both things be right? JMO

Jay never told anyone he was scared, according to his two friends. Lucy and Brad have given the details about their conversations with him and neither one of them said anything about him being scared. I don't take MWT seriously.

The footage of AQ "with two unknown teenagers on the treacherous road leading to Masca dancing on stone bollards by the side of the road" is surely of note? It seems he makes a habit of taking teenagers back to his airbnb in Masca.

yes, that is interesting. Maybe he's one of those older drug dealer types who likes to hang around with teenagers. I remember men like that when i was a teen.

Also, so fun to see a fellow Moomin fan here, Winterbell!

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

It was linked, here it is again. It was Jay’s dad that said:

“… no one else has seen him. One woman, he's knocked on her door, she said at 10 and he went the wrong way.”

I think it’s just got lost in confusion / bad journalism. Entirely possible from the DM. I think he means the bus was at 10, but nevertheless he did, according to the article, say that a door was knocked on.

BBM, MOO. I think bad journalism could also be affecting witness credibility as well. At this point, I might not believe it unless the authorities or parents are sharing it in a press conference. And well.... that's not happening.

"He said 'I don't know where I am, I need a drink and my phone is about to die'." The young woman managed to locate the Airbnb on the day of his vanishing, after using markers in Jay's last Snapchat image.

"She approached the two men who were still inside the property. She said: "We managed to find the house. I knocked on the door and there were two people there."

They said Jay had gone out for a cigarette before going back in and saying he wanted to go home. "They told me he'd spoken to the next-door neighbours and they'd told him there was a bus every 10 minutes back down to Los Cristianos," said Lucy.

"The bus stop was right next to the house. So obviously if he'd gone to get the bus he wouldn't have got lost because it [the stop] was visible from the front door.
*we sure need an accurate timeline with all the new details coming out.
I wonder can anybody do up an accurate account of all the facts so far as a lot of information that was supposed accurate accounts 3 weeks ago has now changed for example firstly Lucy by some miracle located the AirBnB with an American lady that reached out to help her through the tenerife fb page and the two guys were suprised she managed to find them second report was she arrived at property at 11am and thirdly now a friend of Jay's rang ayub to day jay was lying in a ditch and stuck to a cactus which statement is the truth these Articles were previously linked in either thread #1 #2 and /or thread #3 I would be here all night if I've to go back and find them but that's just one example now we have ayub's variations and ophelia's just one big mess no wonder Jay's parents have had enough my head is warped and I'm a stranger sitting on my couch looking in

I wonder can anybody do up an accurate account of all the facts so far as a lot of information that was supposed accurate accounts 3 weeks ago has now changed for example firstly Lucy by some miracle located the AirBnB with an American lady that reached out to help her through the tenerife fb page and the two guys were suprised she managed to find them second report was she arrived at property at 11am and thirdly now a friend of Jay's rang ayub to day jay was lying in a ditch and stuck to a cactus which statement is the truth these Articles were previously linked in either thread #1 #2 and /or thread #3 I would be here all night if I've to go back and find them but that's just one example now we have ayub's variations and ophelia's just one big mess no wonder Jay's parents have had enough my head is warped and I'm a stranger sitting on my couch looking in

List of known facts.

1: J is missing.

[bbm]

according to Lucy, he did not say 'he doesn't want to go back' - he said he "didn't know where he was"

huge difference IMO

MWT said:

"We've received information that would suggest that Jay left the rental property feeling scared and he would not return to the rental, even though that would have been the most sensible course of action."

Now, that report was after he’d spoken in depth with Lucy and Brad and spent time with them and Jay’s family. Is it not possible that in Lucy’s previous TV interview she was playing down any nefarious stuff that went on? I feel like if MWT just entirely made that up or got it wrong, the friends or family would have refuted it.

I think Lucy's probable lie about knowing who the men were, and where they lived, can be explained by what we're now learning about AQ's less than stellar reputation. IMO she didn't want to link herself or Jay to them any more than was necessary.

I don't think her "lie" was any more nefarious than that, but it's one of those little details that now causes people to question everything she said.

In this latest daily mail article it states that jays dad said:

'Why would you leave this road? You haven't got a clue where you are. And no one else has seen him. One woman, he's knocked on her door, she said at 10 and he went the wrong way.

Is this new information or a new sighting at 10am? Haven’t heard this information before now.

no, 'she said at 10' is referring to her telling Jay the bus was at 10 a.m.

*This is one of the first timelines. I was just wondering where to fit in all this other stuff coming out. Its gonna be a tight squeeze.

8.35pm:

Jay is seen in the final Snapchat clip before his disappearance, wearing a grey T-shirt with a green stripe.

June 17, 8.15am:

Lucy said she received a panicked call from Jay in which he said his phone battery was only on one per cent, he was lost - and in desperate need of water.

He continued that he had missed the bus back and was attempting to walk back using a maps app on his phone.

His phone location showed he was in a mountainous area of a national park some 10 hours' walk away from his accommodation

8.50am:

Jay's phone dies. Its last known location is believed to be somewhere in the Rural de Teno national park.

Close to the PR-TF51 hiking trail above the small village of Masca.

9.04am:

Police in Tenerife are alerted, and Lucy also gets in touch with the British Embassy.

June 18, 2.30am:

Jay's mother Debbie Duncan and step-dad Andy Watson, 63, are alerted to his disappearance when police officers knock on their door in the early hours of the morning.

MWT said:

"We've received information that would suggest that Jay left the rental property feeling scared and he would not return to the rental, even though that would have been the most sensible course of action."

Now, that report was after he’d spoken in depth with Lucy and Brad and spent time with them and Jay’s family. Is it not possible that in Lucy’s previous TV interview she was playing down any nefarious stuff that went on? I feel like if MWT just entirely made that up or got it wrong, the friends or family would have refuted it.

he's 'received information'
I don't find him credible in the least
and we've got at least three other people who talked to him who said nothing about him acting 'scared'
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Unless there's recordings of the phone calls or video footage of him walking in the location, all this phone evidence is is just verbal accounts or suggestions of where the phone was - it doesn't actually prove Jay was there
Imho

not every case has video and recordings as evidence
the witness's accounts are still valid evidence
you can choose to disbelieve them but there aren't any forthcoming videos or recordings to corroborate their statements
and there's not going to be any video cameras in the mountains

*This is one of the first timelines. I was just wondering where to fit in all this other stuff coming out. Its gonna be a tight squeeze.

8.35pm:

Jay is seen in the final Snapchat clip before his disappearance, wearing a grey T-shirt with a green stripe.

June 17, 8.15am:

Lucy said she received a panicked call from Jay in which he said his phone battery was only on one per cent, he was lost - and in desperate need of water.

He continued that he had missed the bus back and was attempting to walk back using a maps app on his phone.

His phone location showed he was in a mountainous area of a national park some 10 hours' walk away from his accommodation

8.50am:

Jay's phone dies. Its last known location is believed to be somewhere in the Rural de Teno national park.

Close to the PR-TF51 hiking trail above the small village of Masca.

9.04am:

Police in Tenerife are alerted, and Lucy also gets in touch with the British Embassy.

June 18, 2.30am:

Jay's mother Debbie Duncan and step-dad Andy Watson, 63, are alerted to his disappearance when police officers knock on their door in the early hours of the morning.
Isn't there an error in 2 times at the beginning?

"8.35 final Snapchat bnb
8.15 panicked call"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Divalious1974