Jaycee's Bio dad

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
a father steps to the plate no matter the situation with the mother. he could have sent support even without a court order......he could have gone to court and asked for visitation rights. these are just typical questions im asking.........i dont know the whole story tis true. im just speaking as someone who went thru this from jaycee's POV (the abandoment not the abduction obviously)
This is not a child support case.
this is not an ordinary case
this is a very unusual case.

It seems to me you have issue with lack of support.
Maybe that is a personal issue for you.
Maybe JC's Mom wanted it that way, and maybe they made an agreement to have it that way.

I can only say that some men do fight to have contact with the kid they never met.
Those men are few and far between.
some do it because of money; like Larry Birkhead (ANS saga).

YES it would be great if men had the same parental bond for thier offspring as women do, but they dont.

There is a saying: Please do not take it literaly:
that only means the bond is different.
Please dont give me the case of the sperm....
"A child can only have ONE Mother, but many fathers".

a father steps to the plate no matter the situation with the mother. he could have sent support even without a court order......he could have gone to court and asked for visitation rights. these are just typical questions im asking.........i dont know the whole story tis true. im just speaking as someone who went thru this from jaycee's POV (the abandoment not the abduction obviously)

I agree that a "real" parent steps up no matter what and usually that is what's best for the child. But I have also known people who did not feel willing or able to be in the child's life, and mothers who felt it "easier" or better for herself and the child not to have to involve this person in their lives and complicate things, if they could manage without him. Not saying it is "right" but it does happen quite a lot, as I guess you know. I am sorry for your pain regarding that and I know I can't begin to understand the difficulties and questions such a non-existent relationship might cause a child. ((hugs))

It seems to me you have issue with lack of support.
Maybe that is a personal issue for you.
Maybe JC's Mom wanted it that way, and maybe they made an agreement to have it that way.

I can only say that some men do fight to have contact with the kid they never met.

YES it would be great if men had the same parental bond for thier offspring as women do, but they dont.

song you are right. it is a personal issue for me.
but you are also right when you said that thing about many fathers. to me my father was my grandmpa, who helped my mom raise me. he was a great role model (a world war 2 vet for one) just like carly probyn raised jaycee like she was his own. it doesnt matter who the bio dad is......it's the dad that's there in good times and bad that counts :)

song you are right. it is a personal issue for me.
but you are also right when you said that thing about many fathers. to me my father was my grandmpa, who helped my mom raise me. he was a great role model (a world war 2 vet for one) just like carly probyn raised jaycee like she was his own. it doesnt matter who the bio dad is......it's the dad that's there in good times and bad that counts :)
I used to counsel I know :)
but I am really glad you had your grandpa who was good to you.
Non the less it is still hurtful when you think about your dad being a dead beat. :( I know sweetie, I do.
God bless you today and every day.

As has been mentioned before, Dugard's mother told him she was pregnant and that he was the father. He chose to avoid having any role in her life at all. Not even child support (If he had paid any child support, he never would have said that he "thinks" Dugard is his daughter; he would be certain). That is a *advertiser censored*, pure and simple.

Now, he's coming out claiming he gives a damn. I wonder why? $$$ The man also hired <a href="http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/09/exclusive-gloria-allred-reps-jaycee-lee-dugards-dad-0?page=5">Gloria Alred</a> just to make it absurdly clear how loathsome he is.

I understand some people want to see something good out of this man all of a sudden "coming forward," but Ken Slayton is what he is. Terry Probyn figured that out ages ago.

I used to counsel I know :)
but I am really glad you had your grandpa who was good to you.
Non the less it is still hurtful when you think about your dad being a dead beat. :( I know sweetie, I do.
God bless you today and every day.

and i know my petty problems are nothing compared to all that jaycee has been thru. still i she is a hero to me for all she has overcome :)

and i know my petty problems are nothing compared to all that jaycee has been thru. still i she is a hero to me for all she has overcome :)
GREAT POST :clap::clap:
JC is a Hero.

i am not bashing him for not having a relationship with terry. he owed nothing to terry. he owed it to jaycee. maybe my vision is skewed by my own father relationship, havent seen him since i was about 5, never a call, birtdhay card or visit......if he walked back in to my life now 30 years later, i'd tell him to take a hike
The thing is- Jaycee had a father figure, her step-dad- and she might not have been aware her bio-dad existed, so if that's the case, why should she resent him?

As has been mentioned before, Dugard's mother told him she was pregnant and that he was the father. He chose to avoid having any role in her life at all. Not even child support (If he had paid any child support, he never would have said that he "thinks" Dugard is his daughter; he would be certain). That is a *advertiser censored*, pure and simple.

Now, he's coming out claiming he gives a damn. I wonder why? $$$ The man also hired <a href="http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/09/exclusive-gloria-allred-reps-jaycee-lee-dugards-dad-0?page=5">Gloria Alred</a> just to make it absurdly clear how loathsome he is.

I understand some people want to see something good out of this man all of a sudden "coming forward," but Ken Slayton is what he is. Terry Probyn figured that out ages ago.

carl probyn is jaycee's dad, plain and simple. and i feel so bad for what he went thru all these years, not only missing her, but being suspected of murdering her. of course the fbi and police wont ever admit they were wrong.

The thing is- Jaycee had a father figure, her step-dad- and she might not have been aware her bio-dad existed, so if that's the case, why should she resent him?

she might not know he existed, but he knew she existed. right now i doubt she resents anything about her family though.

He says that because that is what he would really do, and that goes for anyone not just Jaycee.

Are we still talking about Jaycee and Ken or you?

Definitely not me. Above you will see that I was defending Ken (is that his name?) against those who accuse him of trying to cash in even though he was not part of this daughter's life. As I said, we do not know that situation. However I was with my second post trying to acknowledge KBwhatever's sentiment (which WAS apparently based on her/his personal and painful experience) that most times it is best for both parents to be present and responsible in a child's life. However I have known folks (both fathers and mothers) that decided against that involvement for their own reasons, and I am not judging them for that. Their own children may judge them for it someday, but hopefully not. Definitely not my own experience, and I personally don't think what decisions Ken and Jaycee's mom made 30 years ago are our business to dissect.. (despite the fact that I posted here.) I was simply trying to defend him, though I do see the other side.

Oh, good, the unintentionally hilarious post by ihavearrived directed at me was removed. Now, my post in which I defend myself looks odd.

@kbl8201: I hope that Dugard saw Probyn as a father figure. It takes time for a kid to trust a step-father. From what I remember she knew him since she was about 8 years old and only had begun to open up to him when she was kidnapped (according to Probyn himself). He seems like a good man.

I like you.

Just when I think of something to say, someone says it better. Thank you. You mirrored my thoughts.

Why did he hire a lawyer, does he think he is getting interviews? or a book or something?
He sure will not have any rights to her foundation it is that simple.

I can believe that he was crushed to hear that she was abducted, and is very happy she is home. That kind of news has to tug on his heart strings.
It will be a very long while, but she may want to know him and his kids, she may find an extended family that will blend nicely in the future. By then JC will have a better handle of what she may want.
She is learning to WANT she does not know what that means.
Something we daily take for granted.

I assume Allred took on this case for media exposure. In spite of his claims that he's not interested in any money, hiring Allred screams otherwise. He probably thinks he can get some of the money coming Dugard's way (which I seriously doubt). [God, I don't even think the Dugard family, Jaycee and her daughters, will have the money needed for their rehabilitation. CA is in a meltdown and the economy is still on it's knees.]

Why else would he demand that Dugard get a paternity test?
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...jaycee-dugards-father-pleads-for-reunion.html
"Allred said Slayton wants to get in touch with Dugard or a family representative to arrange a private meeting and a confidential paternity test. If the family does not consent to the test, she said Slayton may take legal action."

My God, the woman has been through an almost unimaginable ordeal and here he is insisting on being part of her life. He's a total stranger to her! Reminds me of Solomon splitting the baby, with the real mother begging to spare the child while the fraud agrees. Compare him to Mr. Probyn who said he'll gladly wait and be happy with a "hug," considering they're rightly taking things slow. This man, if he was truly interested in Dugard's well being, would not ask her for anything and would certainly avoid talking to Dugard or her mother in such a public way. Here's a hint, Slayton: if neither Terry Probyn nor Jaycee Dugard are trying to contact you, it's probably because they don't want to.

Here's a video clip of him:
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/state&id=7029846

piece of garbage. like i said he has bad motives..........im sorry if this offends anyone. he wants to put her thru more nightmares? piece of garbage.......please do not defend this anymore :furious:

this man is not her father. no father would put her thru this after all she's been thru........taking her to court to force a paternity test? guy is a selfish prick........no one will convince me otherwise either.......please whoever it is here who claims to know how great a guy he is, please defend this garbage he's pulling?

i had a post removed, and rightfully so, because i went on a long ranting raving diatribe against bio dad and his current action to force jaycee to submit to a paternity suit/meeting. this guy is just plain bad imo. i know he has been defended here, and by someone who claims to know him, but after everything jaycee went thru and is dealing with now, he has no right to demand anything of her. he doesnt get to play dad 30 years too late. 12 years he could have stepped up before she was taken. 12 years he did nothing. now she's an adult with kids of her own. what does this guy want? visitation of the grandkids? money from lawsuits the dugards are sure to win? i just dont like this guy

But if she is not ready to meet him right now or has "issues" with male figures that are being worked on in therapy, I would hope that her Biological Father would understand and be quietly supportive until such time as she is ready to meet him.

I can imagine that being "on" and "up" and the center of attention at a family gathering might be quite stressful.

Excellent point, MBK.

Jaycee is going through A LOT right now. She only needs to be surrounded by the family she already knows and trusts.

She DOES NOT NEED (imo) to be thrust into a new situation, i.e.

"hey, welcome home, JC!, I'm your bio dad, yeah you didn't know me, you might not even have known about me, but here I am, and, oh by the way, here's your half-brothers, and over there, are your half-sisters, and here's some nieces, by the way that means they are your daughter's cousins, mind if we all sit down and get to know you? But first, this here's my attorney, Gloria Allred, she likes to get involved in these high profile cases, now just sit still while we take a swab of your DNA because before we have this little reunion I want to make sure I really am your daddy."

Okay, that's an over reaction on my part, but that's how I see it. :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl
Back