Jaycee's Bio dad

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That would be something to look up. I believe that people can and do file suit for those sorts of visitation rights, but that the courts usually side with the wishes of the actual parents.

It is worth pointing out that there are two other grandparents out there as well. Now that would be interesting, if one or both of them decided to sue for visitation as well.

From looking into this a little bit, I think he is out of luck unless Jaycee would agree to any visitations, DNA testing, etc. He doesn't have relationship with the grandchildren, and so I don't think the court would impose any sort of visitation rights unless Jaycee agrees to it.

Good grief -- this man wasn't at all interested in Jaycee before she was kidnapped and now he is expecting her to open up her arms to him. When she was born, he heard through the grapevine of her birth but made no effort to contact Terry and confirm he had a child. Terry obvioulsy didn't expect anything from him and that is exactly what he gave -- nothing. Whatever his motive, he is very selfish to demand she see him or to get a DNA test to confirm he is her father. Doesn't she have enough to deal with without this? Why should she want his comfort and support when he has never been a part of her life to begin with? If he wants to give her financial support, nothing is stopping him -- with or without a DNA test. They have funds set up for just that purpose.

Jaycee doesn't have to prove anything to anyone --including this absentee father for the first 11 years of her life.

Did this man help in any way help look for Jaycee when she was kidnapped?

That's an interesting thought. Maybe he's in a place to be able to help Jaycee financially.

I sent money to the Jaycee Dugard Fund set up by her grandmother where she worked for so many years. It wasnt much BUT I didnt request a DNA test before I sent it!!

well he never seemed to worry about his kids playing 'sister" with jaycee before she was kidnapped. this is the whole issue to me. why the intrest 30 years later?

The daughters would have been what? 2 and 5 at the time. There is no way they would have understood what was going on, the youngest probably could barely even speak. And in any case, they would have had their own mother who was no relation and who likely wouldnt have been too thrilled at the prospect of confusing them at that age. Its the sort of thing that would be told to kids when they were much older, but by then Jaycee was gone and pretty much everyone assumed she was dead.

From looking into this a little bit, I think he is out of luck unless Jaycee would agree to any visitations, DNA testing, etc. He doesn't have relationship with the grandchildren, and so I don't think the court would impose any sort of visitation rights unless Jaycee agrees to it.

This may be an unusual case however, because the grandchildren were in forced confinement and therefore the absence of a relationship would be a weak argument.

He was drawn back into it, back when she was kidnapped. He was investigated by the police at that time, that would have brought her back into his life.

Some more info regarding this developing situation:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...jaycee-dugards-father-pleads-for-reunion.html

Some other notes of interest in the news article:

Scott, of the Sacramento law firm Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe, said he has met with Probyn and Dugard and is helping them get birth certificates for Dugard’s daughters, establish a trust fund for Dugard and the girls and possibly negotiate a book contract.

“Jaycee and her daughters are focused on a lengthy list of very real and definite issues they are confronting,” Scott said. “The concept of a paternity test is not even on our radar.”

He said the family is cooperating with prosecutors.[

yup they have enough to deal with without this nonsense. good for them though going forward like this ;)

He was drawn back into it, back when she was kidnapped. He was investigated by the police at that time, that would have brought her back into his life.

yeah but he was cleared when the cops and feds figured out he didnt give a hoot about her at all

McGregor W. Scott
Partner
Litigation
Sacramento Office

(916) 329-7982
mscott@orrick.com

McGregor "Greg" Scott, a partner in Orrick's Sacramento office, is a member of the Litigation Group, focusing on white collar criminal defense and corporate investigations. Mr. Scott, a former United States Attorney, is an experienced trial lawyer with nearly 20 years of experience as a prosecutor.

Education
J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1989
B.A., Santa Clara University, 1985

230360.jpg

I think everyone should stop letting their personal experiences form their opinion about Ken and cut this man some slack. No one knows what the circumstances were surrounding his lack of involvement in Jaycee's life before she was abducted. It could very well have been the way Terry wanted it. If not, and he was absent by his own choice, isn't it fair to assume that he may have realized what he missed out on when she was abducted? HE'S HUMAN. People make mistakes and sometimes don't realize the result of their actions until it's too late. To him, her recovery may be like a second chance to make it right with her. To apologize for not being there when she needed him. It could be therapeutic for both, when the time is right.

I haven't seen him "forcing" or demanding a meeting, he tearfully requested the opportunity to meet each other, with his family by his side. BIG difference. He isn't that bad of a guy if he has a seemingly healthy relationship with all of his other kids. I doubt he singled Jaycee out as the one he didn't want a relationship with.

About him only doing this for dollar signs, I think Jaycee or Terry could go after him for all the years he didn't pay child support for her IF, in fact, he didn't. NO ONE KNOWS what, exactly, his involvement was with Jaycee's life before. Just because he didn't know her, doesn't mean he didn't provide financial assistance for her. If he didn't pay child support, are there records showing that Terry pursued support from him? If she didn't, wouldn't that send the message that she didn't want his involvement in Jaycee's life? Maybe she just wanted a baby that was all her own. We don't know about Terry's life or decisions before 1991, so I think all the speculation surrounding this part of the nightmare is a little ridiculous and a lot unwarranted. This man does not seem at all like a or nefarious creature. Lets not make him the monster of this story when that title belongs SOLELY to PG & NG.

Further, his hiring of Gloria Allred doesn't necessarily mean he is up to no good just because it usually seems like she is. She, being led by HER greed, PROBABLY approached him and offered her services up. Even with my opinions of her, if I was involved in a high profile case and she offered, I would accept. Because as annoying as she is, she makes up for it in the courtroom. She's annoying, but extremely intelligent and effective. Doesn't mean I'm up to no good, just like it doesn't mean Ken Slayton is. Also, the request to determine paternity through DNA is probably all thanks to Glo. However, I have seen no indication that anyone is trying to "force" or "demand" anything (DNA, meeting or otherwise) of Jaycee. They simply spoke out and requested these things. While he probably is her father, it is not out of the ordinary for a father to request DNA of a reconnected adult offspring. It would be more damaging to Jaycee if they did reconnect only to find out later that he isn't actually her biological father, EXTREMELY damaging to the psyche of Jaycee, her daughters and everyone else closely involved.

I say, give this man the benefit of the doubt, like he deserves. Like everyone you come in contact with, deserves. Jaycee may want to meet him, and while I don't think it would be in her best interest just yet, it may very well be imperative to her leading a healthy and productive life in the future. Or she may never want to make contact with him and her siblings. Either way it's solely the choice of Jaycee and not us. There's nothing wrong with someone (in this case, Ken) coming forward and trying to make ammends for their mistakes. If Jaycee had never been abducted, who are we to say he wouldn't have tried to do so a lot sooner? Sometimes people change, sometimes people grow up a little later than the rest of us and sometimes they want to make it right. Judge not lest ye be judged.

So, if this is yet more discussion about Bio dad, why is there a new thread for it? Shouldn't this be merged with that one? Kinda confusing this way.

Kenneth Slayton Press Conference on Radar.com

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/09/video-interview-jaycee%E2%80%99s-biological-father-breaks-down-says-he-wants-back-her

In an emotional press conference held Wednesday in attorney Gloria Allred’s office in Los Angeles, the biological father of Jaycee Lee Dugard, Kenneth Slayton, broke down in tears as he revealed his desire to connect with the daughter he has never seen.

Reading a statement, Allred said, “Kenneth wants to assure Jaycee that he wants absolutely nothing from her and he simply wants to provide a positive male role model for her and her children.” Allred added that Slayton wants DNA testing done to determine his paternity.

*snip* Slayton said he wasn’t sure the baby was his or whether Susan would even keep it. He says he lost contact with her shortly after that, and never saw Jaycee.

*snip*

Slayton also said he chose to hire Allred as his attorney because he feels she has the ability to make the proper contact with the FBI and the Dugard family, which up to now he has been unable to do. Both Slayton and Allred say money is not behind his efforts to establish a relationship with Jaycee.

Jaycee and the Dugard family have been offered seven-figure financial deals to sell the rights to their story, RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively.

MAYBE his intentions are good, but the public nature of this press conference was not. It seems to me like there is an attempt being made to "force" or compel or pressure Jaycee. It's just awful, because she is NOT watching TV at this time . . . and if she were to see this video later, she might be shattered by emotions.

Honestly, if Slayton cared a WHIT about her and her daughters, he'd back off for the moment, after all they've been through. He would rescind the request for DNA testing. Jaycee does not need to feel guilt, confusion, or fear about what this man might try to do to get to her and her daughters. This was NOT a move, IMO, that would lead to healing Jaycee's more pressing issues and those of her daughters.

"Judge, not lest ye be judged."

More like: "If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck."

I agree that now is not the time to try to connect w/ Jaycee. But, in this man's defense, he doesn't really have a choice but to be public considering the complete media frenzy surrounding this. He possibly spoke out to let her and her "handlers" know that the option is open if and when it is needed. Hopefully, he will let it lie from here and let Jaycee take the reigns. We have to remember that while Jaycee's mind may be fragile right now, she is by no means weak. It would have to take a pretty strong mind to "survive" the last 18 years. And while she wasn't properly cared for from June 91 to Aug 09 she is being well cared for now, by her family and by experts. They won't let anything in that will damage her recovery. As of August 26, I have seen nothing but the best decisions being made for Jaycee from the story not being released until she was hidden away and safe to her being kept safely hidden from the medias glaring eye still. So, I have no reason to believe that they will allow Ken's pleas to harm her and I don't feel that Ken's intentions are to be harmful. Jaycee is no stranger to hiding and I pray that with the continued support of her family and "handlers" that one day she won't have to feel hidden anymore.

Remember, privacy is not really an option for Ken considering the circumstances.

"not demanding anything from jaycee' what a crock........if he wasnt demanding anything from her he wouldt be forcing the issue with what she's going thru right now. am i the only one who sees this?
help!

i'll let jaycee and her family's lawyer handle this situation and not post on it again. its not worth my aggrivation

Did he pay child support during the early years of Jaycee's life, prior to her mom's remarriage? Did his family (Jaycee's grandparents) provide any care, love or support?
Sorry if I missed this is an earlier post/discussion. Basically, did he leave his pregnant girlfriend high and dry from that point on? Did she tell him to get lost?

This is all upsetting but Jaycee is 30 and with her mom and the two of them will be able to handle any untimely intrusion of a possibly run-away-father. He is the least of her worries. This is a family matter than can be settled cleanly and swiftly it seems to me.
(I hope so.)

This is an especially upsetting point for kbl and others. VERY emotional. A man seems to abandon the pregnant mother-to-be of his child is the worse sort of schmuck. But, kb + friends, we have to trust that this family matter can be sorted out. Jaycee is 30 and with support from her mom and auntie can make her decision. As many of us have experienced, proposed reunions of children with their abandonin fathers are not fun.
KBL: I feel your pain, but this part, like most of the terrors, is simply beyond our control. Jaycee and her mom have the services of a top top law firm and they seem to be in really good, caring hands. xo

This is an especially upsetting point for kbl and others. VERY emotional. A man seems to abandon the pregnant mother-to-be of his child is the worse sort of schmuck. But, kb + friends, we have to trust that this family matter can be sorted out. Jaycee is 30 and with support from her mom and auntie can make her decision. As many of us have experienced, proposed reunions of children with their abandonin fathers are not fun.
KBL: I feel your pain, but this part, like most of the terrors, is simply beyond our control. Jaycee and her mom have the services of a top top law firm and they seem to be in really good, caring hands. xo

your absolutely right. its her choice. so why does bio dad feel the need to 'seek legal action" if she doesnt cowtow to his meeting/paternity test "request" (i use that term loosely)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl
Back