Jaycee's Girls

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Starlite and Angel, the two daughters Jaycee Lee Dugard had with her accused kidnapper, Phillip Garrido, were "starved of information," have never watched TV, have never heard of the U.S. President, and are undergoing "de-brainwashing" therapy, according to investigators Wednesday.

Dugard, 29, Starlite, 15, and Angel, 11, were all undergoing therapy in the Bay Area, where they are residing at a safe house with Jaycee's mother, Terry Probyn, and their aunt, Tina Dugard.
See the photos of the inside of the structures where Jaycee was held
"They are both intelligent kids but they are very naive about the real world," a Contra Costa Sheriff's Department officer told the UK Sun. The girls "have no concept of math, geography and history or anything outside their town of Antioch."
The girls, according to officials, are being fed just as they were before, one of many efforts experts are taking so as not to make an already-traumatic transition that much harder.
"They are being given TV microwave dinners and their favorite meat loaf meals," police said. "They have never had fizzy drinks, so they get cooled water, which is what they are used to."
To add cached link to article
http://74.6.146.127/search/cache?ei...dK4&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=JJythdTAt10ZyOLR8VDEBw--

I don't know about the internet thing, if they had access to it, it probably would have been limited or under supervision. Otherwise it would have been too easy to do a search on "Terry Probyn", have a picture pop up, along with an e-mail address and who knows what might have happened then. I think it would have too risky for the Garridos to allow that unregulated.

I have posted this before. I think she had rules about the computer - such as; she can do any art work when he is not there, she can only sign into e-mail (that is through Internet)when he is around. (just an example). She may not have had the ability to surf freely.
Maybe he timed it and knew how to trace and pre warned her. Maybe he threatened her not to.
Brain Washed kids act different.

I think you're right, songline. I don't see Garrido all of a sudden just giving up any control of Dugard. I absolutely believe she was thoroughly brainwashed, but I don't think he took any chances with her. For example, let's assume she knew her children would be safe and she decided to try and make a run for it. Without a doubt, Garrido would have chased her down and brought her back. This is a man who wouldn't even let go of trash, so I can't see him allowing his most prized "possession" to be jeopardized in any way. These types, just like batterers, start seeing their identity as dependent on holding their victims hostage, keeping them under their thumb. That's why so many batterers kill themselves after killing the women in their lives.

Plus, there are several ways to track computer use, down to every keystroke (including backstrokes). But he didn't even need to actually buy a program. He could have simply lied to her, telling her that her every move online was being tracked. IIRC, Fritzl told his imprisoned daughter that if she tried to escape she and the kids would be electrocuted (or something to that effect). So why wouldn't Dugard believe Garrido if he also lied?

Hi arielilane! I went through the photo gallery at the Radar Online link in your message, but I couldn't find the rest of the text from your post on that site. Can you please confirm if the text is also from Radar, or from another source we can go to?

It's hard to reconcile statements like "the girls have no concept of .... anything outside their town of Antioch" when we know that the monster took them along with him to San Francisco (to deliver the manifesto to the FBI), to UC Berkeley, to Pleasant Hill (for the BD party) and ultimately to Concord to be rescued from his clutches. And that they've never watched TV when it's been said they know who Hannah Montana is (unless we discount the source - CM).

I'm not discounting the fact that a lot of what we take for granted in everyday life has been withheld from them during their young lives, but I also hate it when media sensationalizes a story, so I'm trying (I think we all are trying) to separate fact from fiction.

One thing that I feel is fiction is that it is very unlikely that the alleged source, a CCC Sheriff's Officer (Deputy), would refer to Antioch as a town. It's not part of the common verbiage within the Bay Area. There are very, very few "towns" around here and we call everything "cities." Even one of the few "towns," Danville, is commonly called a city by everyone, including LE.

I wish I still worked at CCC Sheriff's Office. It'd would be so much easier to find out who said what :angel: and what is the truth.
Sorry about that Californian. :blushing:
Starlite and Angel, the two daughters Jaycee Lee Dugard had with her accused kidnapper, Phillip Garrido, were "starved of information," have never watched TV, have never heard of the U.S. President, and are undergoing "de-brainwashing" therapy, according to investigators Wednesday.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...-information-accused-pedophile-philip-garrido

I am going by the fact that some of the business associates talked of corresponding with "Alyssa" by email. Yes it could have been only under supervision by PG. But not necessarily. Remember PG, NG and even Jaycee saw themselves as a family. She was so deeply controlled that though she remembered her old life, she had accepted that her life was with the G's. So I am thinking that as time went by she probably got more access to the computer unsupervised. As an indication of that, she was allowed to meet with the business associates unsupervised. All she would have had to do was tell one of them that she was kidnapped and ask that they send LE to the home. Or she could have even approached LE or the Fire Department while they were there on other calls.

This does not sound like anything a captive brain washed person would consider or dare to do.
The brain washing includes threats of sorts. She had 2 daughters and I am sure wanting them to be safe was first and foremost in her heart. OBVIOUSLY she did tell the police who she is the first real chance she had, she knew this was her clear brake. (glad she remembered her full name)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and pose the question: What if the girls were molested and Jaycee too the whole time, but Garrido threatened and brainwashed them so severely, that even in jail his tentacles still reach the girls and their fear. I can see Jaycee saying "Oh he never touched them, and stopped with me, a long time ago". Can you imagine if that is not true? That he just brainwashed them so badly and used all three for his sick rituals with the neighborhood men?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and pose the question: What if the girls were molested and Jaycee too the whole time, but Garrido threatened and brainwashed them so severely, that even in jail his tentacles still reach the girls and their fear. I can see Jaycee saying "Oh he never touched them, and stopped with me, a long time ago". Can you imagine if that is not true? That he just brainwashed them so badly and used all three for his sick rituals with the neighborhood men?

I'm sure that is quite possible, however I'm sure if these girls are physically examined during a health check-up (I'm guessing they probably have been) a Dr. would be able to tell if they were sexually abused or not. I doubt we will ever know if they were sexually abused because they are minors, usually the name of sexual assault victims aren't publicly released, and perhaps the reason he hasn't been charged with it already (if true) is because the family wants to avoid making that information public. IMO, they already have enough info to put this guy away for life. MOO.

I don't have a clear answer and nobody does.
BUT if he trained them to think that it is work, and if he did not touch them just sold them
then they may not know they were abused, it depends on what he brain washed them to believe.
JC and the girls have to go through the work they are now going through that will decode
the brain washing and reverse the effects of it. That takes much time at least a year and more.

What ever they say now is not much to count on with regard to the real story of how they lived
in that unit (I refuse to call them a family).
I think JC is doing the best she can with the mind set she currently has.

I'm sure that is quite possible, however I'm sure if these girls are physically examined during a health check-up (I'm guessing they probably have been) a Dr. would be able to tell if they were sexually abused or not. I doubt we will ever know if they were sexually abused because they are minors, usually the name of sexual assault victims aren't publicly released, and perhaps the reason he hasn't been charged with it already (if true) is because the family wants to avoid making that information public. IMO, they already have enough info to put this guy away for life. MOO.
Again if they had sex willingly with no fight, because they were taught to think it is work then the tests will only show that they were not virgins, but it will not show abuse.

I do think they have enough to convict him for sure. But they may not stop at that, they may need all the information in order to finally do the right job.
IMHO JC has enough to sue the state for more money she will ever be able to count.
They cant slip up on nothing now.

Again if they had sex willingly with no fight, because they were taught to think it is work then the tests will only show that they were not virgins, but it will not show abuse.

I do think they have enough to convict him for sure. But they may not stop at that, they may need all the information in order to finally do the right job.
IMHO JC has enough to sue the state for more money she will ever be able to count.
They cant slip up on nothing now.

You're right! I absolutely agree. If the girls were sexually abused, and the girls don't see it as abuse in their eyes, that still doesn't make it legal. I guess my point was at least he can be held legally responsible regardless. It's sickening to think about what these girls have been through both physically and mentally. I'm praying for all three.

You're right! I absolutely agree. If the girls were sexually abused, and the girls don't see it as abuse in their eyes, that still doesn't make it legal. I guess my point was at least he can be held legally responsible regardless. It's sickening to think about what these girls have been through both physically and mentally. I'm praying for all three.

It is pretty sickening. And I do hope that our minds are just all over the place
and JUST MAYBE the girls were not sexually harmed;
at least their life going forward will have less issues about that part.

I have a feeling that JC will meet a man within a year,
maybe one that is around her all the time like a guard, a therapist
someone that she learns to trust.
I think having something healthy will be so very very healing. :)

If the girls do not even know they were abused, they may recover much sooner
then we think.

If they were NOT sexualy abused and think the Garrido were their parents...
They may feel abandonment and angerd, thinking thier parents were yanked
away by the cops because of thier sister.
Explaining it all to a mind that would not know what is normal can be like
talking mars to the girls.
THEY HAVE THEIR WON EXCAVATING TO DO.

They are all getting De programed now. I am sure time is on their side.
because they already have all the money and support they need for the
near future. One Day at at time.

Time will tell if there are more charges about the SOB.
For now I believe - he is never coming out again.
I do not think they need more evidence to throw away the key.
I think they want closure on many levels.
and new beginning for the girls that will last.

From the Jane Valez Mitchell Twitter Page:

issueswithjvm SFGate.com Report: Jaycee Dugard denies that her daughters were molested. More with the panel at 7 ET tonight on #HLNTV

http://twitter.com/issueswithjvm/status/4156881757

http://twitter.com/issueswithjvm

Dugard said to deny daughters were molested

Phillip Matier,Andrew Ross

Sunday, September 20, 2009
Print E-mail

Almost from the start, police have had to ponder the disturbing possibility that kidnap-rape suspect Phillip Craig Garrido sexually molested the two girls whom he is suspected of fathering with his alleged hostage of 18 years, Jaycee Dugard.

Now comes word that the answer appears to be "no" - at least according to Dugard.

"She's saying he didn't touch her kids," says one law enforcement source who is following the investigation.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/20/BA8V19P82M.DTL#ixzz0RmciumGX

I have a feeling that JC will meet a man within a year, maybe one that is around her all the time like a guard, a therapist someone that she learns to trust. I think having something healthy will be so very very healing. :)

Interesting, and I see what you're saying. Well, maybe that will happen, maybe not

But IMHO, Jaycee needs time to "just be Jaycee". To heal, to learn to love herself, to learn and grow. As RuPaul used to say, "How you gonna love somebody else if you can't love yourself."

IMHO, Jaycee will be learning who "Jaycee" is! She has been robbed of her childhood, robbed of her identity, robbed of those who loved her. She will be reclaiming those things over time. You cannot love until you know who you are and what you want and who you want in your life.

A man needn't be part of it until it's the right time. A man isn't the end all and be all of healing, just like Jaycee will learn there's life without and after Garrido.

Maybe she'll take some online courses. Maybe she'll travel. Maybe she'll find other ways to expand her horizons . . . and she can do that just fine.

NOT SURPRISED AT ALL. :(
JC IS STILL BRAIN WASHED,
They are all in the process of getting De-Programed.
We do have to give her some tme. A lot of time.

God Bless the 3 angels :angel: :angel: :angel:

Songline - You don't think she could be honestly answering a straight forward question? It seems possible that she's telling the truth to me.

Maybe she doesn't know if he was? Maybe Garrido told the girls it was their secret?

It would be so wonderful if it were true!
However, Jaycee was horribly abused and mentally manipulated for years...you don't get over that, or forget "how to act" in a matter of weeks.

Since day one I have predicted that the two younger girls were probably never abused. You have to remember, PG and NG essentially raised both them from birth. They knew these two as babies, which I would imagine would put them in a whole different light than someone like Jaycee, who they abducted at 11. Serial rapist or not, my guess is that it would be a lot harder to think of someone you raised since birth as a sex object.

Until it is proven otherwise, I have no doubt at all that PG and Jaycee are both telling the truth on this particular subject.

Which, of course, makes the whole story even weirder when it comes to Starlit and Angel, since they have probably now been ripped away from-- to them-- what seemed like a perfectly normal familial arrangement. To them, all they know is that they suddenly have no more mom or dad.

This whole story is just so bizarre.

Since day one I have predicted that the two younger girls were probably never abused. You have to remember, PG and NG essentially raised both them from birth. They knew these two as babies, which I would imagine would put them in a whole different light than someone like Jaycee, who they abducted at 11. Serial rapist or not, my guess is that it would be a lot harder to think of someone you raised since birth as a sex object.
Umm, no I disagree, or incest wouldn't happen ever. Unfortunately being a birth parent doesn't necessarily make for a good parent. I won't even get into the famous cases where I'm sure it's happened or was likely to...
If Philip and Nancy Garrido were a normal couple with infertility problems, they'd have seen fertility doctors, adopt, or hired a surrogate to be a mother rather than kidnap and rape an 11-year-old girl to be their surrogate!:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back