GUILTY Jennifer Blagg - Re-trial of Michael Blagg 20 February 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Larsen’s hypothesis is that the perpetrator took Jennifer Blagg’s body into the backyard of the house and somehow was able to get the 140-pound woman over a six-foot fence. He says the suspect then placed her into some sort of vehicle that was parked on the street behind where the Blaggs lived.

[...]

Just before the jury left for the day, Judge Tamara Russell ruled that defense expert Dr. Phil Danielson would be allow to testify.

A prosecution DNA expert will listen to his testimony and be allowed to offer a rebuttal. He will stay on the witness stand on Friday morning and is likely the final witness for the defense.
Testimony in Michael Blagg’s second trial is slated to resume at 8:30 a.m. on Friday. This is expected to be the last day before closing statements.

http://www.9news.com/article/news/l...ld-predator-framed-michael-blagg/73-533341343

:facepalm:

Did the defense address this? Preponderance of the evidence is a MUCH lower standard of proof. Does this mean the prosecution does not believe there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt? I can't believe it's because she doesn't know the difference!

I also don't understand how they were not able to eliminate Abby as the source of the hair too? I mean 17 hairs that don't belong to either parent is kind of huge. Especially if it was male DNA.

Ugh. I do not envy this jury. :thinking:

A preponderance of evidence is not evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. What's going on?

And I notice they didn't have samples of Abby's hair to check against the hairs found. Surely they could have checked for a familial match.

http://www.9news.com/article/news/l...-case-in-the-michael-blagg-trial/73-531437601

Monday, April 2nd:
*Trial continues (Closing, Jury Instructions & Deliberations) (Day 28) (@ 9am MT) - CO - Jennifer Jo Loman Blagg (34) (Nov. 12, 2001; found June 4, 2002) (daughter Abby Jo, 6, still missing) - Michael Francis Blagg (38/now 55) indicted for 1st degree murder, pled not guilty; on no bond hold. First trial on 4-16-04 found guilty, sentenced to LWOP; due to a juror lying on Jury questionnaire, new trial granted; Venue change from Mesa County to Jefferson County.
3/28/18: Defense rested their case on Friday 3/30, closing & jury instructions & jury deliberations start on Monday, April 2.

Gabrielle Porter
‏ @gabyreport
7m7 minutes ago

Case is now in jury's hands. #MichaelBlagg @DailySentinelGJ

Woohoo.

Wonder how long it will take.

tweet:

[FONT=&quot]The jury in the [/FONT]#michaelblagg[FONT=&quot] trial deliberated for a couple of hours this afternoon with no verdict. They will return to the Jefferson County Courthouse tomorrow morning to start their first full day.
https://twitter.com/CarolAMcKinley
[/FONT]

I hope it takes all day tomorrow. I'm always uncomfortable with really quick verdicts.
It's just such a huge thing I would be spending a ton of time on it to make sure I got it right.
Then again, I'm not like most people and I totally over analyze everything so....

Blagg case in jury's hands
In closing, DA points to marital discord, defense blames intruder

https://www.gjsentinel.com/news/wes...1e8-bca8-10604b9ffe60.html?platform=hootsuite

GOLDEN — After five grueling weeks of testimony, the murder case of Michael Blagg is now in the hands of a Jefferson County jury.
[.....]
Jurors deliberated for a few hours Monday afternoon before leaving for the day. They will resume deliberations this morning.
[.....]
In addition to murder, Blagg is also charged with abuse of a corpse and two counts of theft in connection with office supplies stolen from his former workplace, and from the United Services Automobile Association in connection with an insurance claim he filed for his wife's jewelry after her disappearance.

If convicted of the first- degree murder charge, Blagg will be sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Jurors may also convict Blagg of second-degree murder as a lesser included offense.

more at article - a synopsis of closing arguments.

Well, at least one tweet has come thru....

Brandon Thompson
‏ @BThompsonNews
1m1 minute ago

At the Jefferson County Courthouse today awaiting the verdict in the retrial of #MichaelBlagg. This time yesterday, the jury entered deliberations meaning they’ve taken longer than the original ‘04 trial

:waiting:

Just trying to catch up. Hard to tell without seeing the trial televised, I think it would have been an instructive one to watch. My impression is that the defense may have been able to put a little doubt in the minds of some jurors who may magnify this into reasonable doubt.

But fundamentally to believe that an intruder unseen by anyone broke into the house at that time of the morning when people are getting up and moving, murdered Jennifer and then burgled the house, decided to take her body with him over the back fence spilling no blood at all, and managed to abduct a 6 year old as well with no-one noticing and then just happened to dispose of Jennifer's body in the same landfill as Blagg's workplace is just preposterous nonsense.

And Jennifer's blood smears (quite large and noticeable if the docu pictures are correct) in her car were put there by an officer - come on! Add onto that all of Blagg's bizarre behaviour and character.... At least if he walks because of someone's overactive imagination, he will at least have served some time for the murders.

I'd be interested to know if Blagg or his family ever tried to make any effort to find Abby while he was in prison if they believe she was abducted by a stranger?

So.... I'm guessing the jurors went home last night without a verdict, eh?

And we wait another day.....

Carol McKinley
‏ @CarolAMcKinley
34m34 minutes ago

The jury in the 2nd trial of #michaelblagg has now been deliberating for 10+ hours. That's longer than the first jury, which sent him to life in prison for murdering his wife, Jennifer. No bets on how long they'll take this time, but the court is on edge.

I'm really surprised there isn't more tweets about this actually.

Me to MsFacetious! I have 4 tweeters but keeping it on #MichaelBlagg hashtag :waiting: for a verdict....

I think it'll come today. I was right about Rebecca Zahau's coming in today so maybe I will be here too!

Nope, not going to have a verdict today I don't think.

Gabrielle Porter
@gabyreport
27s27 seconds ago
More
Still no verdict in the case of #MichaelBlagg; sides reconvened a few minutes ago when jurors said they had asked for the wrong portion of video earlier today.

Nope, not going to have a verdict today I don't think.

Gabrielle Porter
@gabyreport
27s27 seconds ago
More
Still no verdict in the case of #MichaelBlagg; sides reconvened a few minutes ago when jurors said they had asked for the wrong portion of video earlier today.

If there's any justice in this world....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back