Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Carol McKinley
‏ @CarolAMcKinley
10 hours ago
The #MichaelBlagg jury is now in hour 15 of deliberations and has just asked to see a portion of the initial police interview, which happened a day after his wife and child were reported missing.

8h8 hours ago
A very weary-looking jury in the #MichaelBlagg trial will be back tomorrow at 830am for their 3rd full day. Today they watched parts of Blagg’s 1st police interview when his wife and daughter were missing.

:waiting:

Hung jury anyone? Goodness knows what they'll do in that case. I saw one article that stated that the cost of this trial is getting up to 7 figures. I think the prosecution has been hampered by the fact that the forensics and physical evidence was not gathered to the standards of 2018 but to the standards of the time and perhaps a little less. Good spot MsFacetious re Abby's DNA, don't think we did hear anything reported during the trial about that.

I think perhaps this jury may be experiencing the "CSI effect" where if the physical evidence is a a little equivocal they are uneasy about convicting. I like a good circumstantial case and I think we over-rely on physical scientific evidence that is sometimes proven to be not quite as scientific as it claims to be. I think the prosecution needed to firm up their case not just repeat what was done all those years ago and I think they may not have convinced this jury. But I really find it hard to see how anyone could really believe in this genius multi-tasking child abductor who cleans up after himself, bodies and all.

I think you're right RosalindA. I've come to learn that for some people (only a few) only cctv footage and DNA on the murder weapon is enough to make a conclusion.

I think this case is a no brainer, but then I do have an interest in the traits of liars and sociopaths.

I agree!

If you go with the defense claim that a child predator took them both - "how" did he know "where" to place Jennifer's body in the dump really close by Amtek trash?? And why even take her body out of the house? I know, throw off police that he only took the child.

:dunno:

Hoping they come back today with guilty though!

Carol McKinley
‏ @CarolAMcKinley
9m9 minutes ago

Will the jury in the #MichaelBlagg case make a decision today, the third full day of deliberation? Some of them looked wiped out yesterday. @CBSNews

[FONT=&quot]Michael Blagg’s family huddled together and appear to be praying outside the courtroom. The jury will announce at 10:30 whether they believe Michael murdered his wife.
https://twitter.com/AnnaStaver
[/FONT]

So what do you all think?

Guilty or not?

I'm going to say "Guilty!"

I say he's guilty but I don't know if they will :D

I will be shocked if it's not.

Matt Kroschel
‏Verified account @Matt_Kroschel
26m26 minutes ago

Matt Kroschel Retweeted Mike Wiggins

No hung jury. @ricksallinger is also following this trial for @CBSDenver closely. Stay tuned. #MichaelBlagg

I say time to end his little jaunts to court and hurry up and get him back behind bars.

Tortoise - can you do the tweets - my laptop is acting up and having trouble posting!

:pcguru:

[FONT=&quot]jury has found Michael Blagg guilty of first degree murder. Convicted for a second time now for killing his wife, Jennifer, back in 2001.

https://twitter.com/JoeyP_News
[/FONT]

Good- So when is the sentencing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member