"Jersey" and MW #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get a pre paid phone at walmart now for 45 dollars unlimited minutes. You just have to pay 45 dollars every month.

That's just one stolen GPS every couple of months. I suppose it's doable. :floorlaugh:

Well, I don't know much about pings but I do know they're not only generated when a call is made.

I think it's problematic for DB if a call was made to a number she doesn't know when she was apparently still in control of the phone, and the phone continues to ping from her home many hours later.

Not to show my ignorance (although obviously, I will), but you're saying it's problematic for her with respect to a kidnapper scenario, yes? Because...??

Curious if anyone knows whether or not MW has a car or drivers license? I just have to say, I have never really bought the whole communal phone story. My older kids all had to use the prepaid cell phones for a period of time before we allowed them to be put on our family plan to prove themselves. They (and others I know with prepays) were so careful about their minutes and hated when their friends would ask to use it...they would say "use it real quick, I only have such and such minutes", etc... It is pretty expensive and MW doesn't strike me as having a lot of money to just leave her phone laying around for 8 or so people to just use whenever... IDK...it has been a while, do they now make prepaid phones with unlimited use for calls and texts or are they still just sold strictly by the minute?

No idea if she has a license, but according to JSpellman's tweets, he has never seen her driving any vehicle, but has seen her walking around many times. I'm guessing...no vehicle.

Not to show my ignorance (although obviously, I will), but you're saying it's problematic for her with respect to a kidnapper scenario, yes? Because...??

Yes, I think it is. If she had admitted she'd called the number (for any reason) it would leave the door open for that party to have later come and taken Lisa, made a call from in or near the home and left.

Well I'll give this one a go. If one or both of those working phones were on and they were capable of making or receiving calls, then they would generate pings even if not in use. Cell phones are constantly pinging towers. So if those phones were pinging from the same location long after the supposed kidnapper made a call at 2:30am after stealing those phones, then that would be very problematic for her.

And the subsequent search for those cell phones makes me believe that they do have some kind of information to suggest that those phones were not removed from the house at or before 2:30am.

MOO

Well I'll give this one a go. If one or both of those working phones were on and they were capable of making or receiving calls, then they would generate pings even if not in use. Cell phones are constantly pinging towers. So if those phones were pinging from the same location long after the supposed kidnapper made a call at 2:30am after stealing those phones, then that would be very problematic for her.

And the subsequent search for those cell phones makes me believe that they do have some kind of information to suggest that those phones were not removed from the house at or before 2:30am.

MOO

:doh: Thank you, Kamille.

So cell phones constantly generate pings, even when not in use. Do they still generate pings if they are turned off?

No idea if she has a license, but according to JSpellman's tweets, he has never seen her driving any vehicle, but has seen her walking around many times. I'm guessing...no vehicle.

Pretty bad when you need a GPS to walk around the neighborhood :waitasec:

So cell phones constantly generate pings, even when not in use. Do they still generate pings if they are turned off?

My understanding is no, but an abandoned phone (left on) will ping until the battery runs out.

I took a look at CL and realized something...if I ever decide to buy a GPS unit off of CL, I will do so from someone who has the car mount, the charger, and the manual. If they have a box too then they probably didn't steal it.

I saw very few ads for GPS that motivated me to take a look see...those were in KCMO, no box, no manual, few details, and a phone number with the stipulation...please no emails...SHADY!!!

One Norma and one Bill looked very interesting in that regard. Norma had two listings...

I provided a link to the MK video where DB (and MK) both talk about the 2:30 am cell phone ping. I posted it twice in this very thread, in fact.

I'm not sure why everyone keeps referring to this call as a rumor, in that link both DB and MK say that LE told them there was a ping at 2:30 am.

Now, that doesn't mean that the call to MW occurred at 2:30 am...it might very well have occurred at 8:30 pm, just as she has said. There's nothing what-so-ever that indicates that there only has to be ONE call that came from the cell phones.

A cell phone can ping without a call being made if the battery is in the phone. I still tend to think there were two calls and that the 2:30 a.m. one is hush-hush for now.

I took a look at CL and realized something...if I ever decide to buy a GPS unit off of CL, I will do so from someone who has the car mount, the charger, and the manual. If they have a box too then they probably didn't steal it.

I saw very few ads for GPS that motivated me to take a look see...those were in KCMO, no box, no manual, few details, and a phone number with the stipulation...please no emails...SHADY!!!

One Norma and one Bill looked very interesting in that regard. Norma had two listings...

This one was my personal favourite...

TO THE PERSON THAT STOLE MY HUSBANDS GPS OUT OF HIS WHITE DODGE PICKUP TRUCK IN KCK......HERE IS THE OWNERS MANUAL!!! IF YOU WANT IT WE WILL LEAVE IT ON THE BUMPER OF THE TRUCK YOU STOLE IT OUT OF!! HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING IT AS MUCH AS WE USED TO!!!

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/2635735390.html

:floorlaugh:

According to Mary Hurt, another neighbor gave MW rides.

No they don't. They only ping towers to make sure they can make or receive calls in the location that they are in. If they are out of range of any towers, they will not ping until they are in range of a tower.

Now it's also been claimed that the FBI can turn on phones remotely even when they are off to ping them in missing persons cases and to use the microphone feature as a listening device in criminal investigations. This can only work if the phone has a charged battery in place.

MOO

This one was my personal favourite...

TO THE PERSON THAT STOLE MY HUSBANDS GPS OUT OF HIS WHITE DODGE PICKUP TRUCK IN KCK......HERE IS THE OWNERS MANUAL!!! IF YOU WANT IT WE WILL LEAVE IT ON THE BUMPER OF THE TRUCK YOU STOLE IT OUT OF!! HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING IT AS MUCH AS WE USED TO!!!

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/2635735390.html

:floorlaugh:

Just for grins...In the electronics section I entered KCMO Norma...man that woman is selling quite a few of "her own" dvd players, TVs, clock radios, etc....

I'd be very weary of this poster...Do you think LE ever looks for stuff like this...and flags it...I stopped using CL after an odd run in with someone who randomly showed me their big ol' walthar or magnum...I'm not an expert but it was big square and black...I haven't used CL since.

Pretty bad when you need a GPS to walk around the neighborhood :waitasec:

Whatever happened to WS's being victim friendly, huh? MW is obviously a victim of "geo-directum lackus" (look it up!). :innocent:

No they don't. They only ping towers to make sure they can make or receive calls in the location that they are in. If they are out of range of any towers, they will not ping until they are in range of a tower.

Now it's also been claimed that the FBI can turn on phones remotely even when they are off to ping them in missing persons cases and to use the microphone feature as a listening device in criminal investigations. This can only work if the phone has a charged battery in place.

MOO

Very interesting article about this.
http://news.cnet.com/2100-1029-6140191.html

BBM

I wouldn't count on it. They could have just stolen it from a store, or distribution site, or out of a shopping cart, in a parking lot while someone's distracted getting their kids buckled into the car, (common around Christmas time when people are overloaded with packages).

There has been some confusion about the branch of law enforcement that confronted MW. Some on this thread have insisted it was the KCPD. It was the FBI according to MW who busted into her house when she answered the phone about the GPS listed on CraigsList. According to MW, they interrogated her for six hours that day. The FBI would have taken the phone at that time and run sophisticated tests on the phone and extracted data. i understand that MW says they returned the phone to her with the call history deleted and then took the phone back. The general rule is that law enforcement keeps the evidence until the case is closed. IMO, returning the phone to her does not make sense unless they were using her as a lure for a caller.

Curious if anyone knows whether or not MW has a car or drivers license? I just have to say, I have never really bought the whole communal phone story. My older kids all had to use the prepaid cell phones for a period of time before we allowed them to be put on our family plan to prove themselves. They (and others I know with prepays) were so careful about their minutes and hated when their friends would ask to use it...they would say "use it real quick, I only have such and such minutes", etc... It is pretty expensive and MW doesn't strike me as having a lot of money to just leave her phone laying around for 8 or so people to just use whenever... IDK...it has been a while, do they now make prepaid phones with unlimited use for calls and texts or are they still just sold strictly by the minute?

I believe they have unlimited talk, text and web. It could be that all 8 pitch in for the monthly card, she just happens to own the phone.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46