JLM Charged in Morgan Harrington murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you HG! I agree this is a must watch. Dan and Gil are precious. I was thinking of them and Morgan this morning when I read that Jesse Matthew is going for his pre-trial hearing. I couldn't help but wonder when charges for Morgan might be made. Soon I hope. I'm glad that Hannah's case is moving along, although slowly.

I noticed that Dan said that Jesse Matthew won't be charged with capital murder in any of these cases. What would be the reason that he wouldn't? Circumstantial evidence only? Anyone with more legal expertise, as I have very little.

Thanks again for sharing!

I just saw where Jesse Matthew's charges were upgraded to capital murder in Hannah's case. I'm going to take this as a good sign for Morgan's case too!

Concerned Mama

Quote Originally Posted by zapped View Post

BBM giving someone a date rape drug or a a purposeful overdose would qualify as premeditated wouldnt it?

Thats the only way I can see these charges tying in with the definition of certificate of analaysis.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm wondering if they were able to find traces of a date rape drug in her system, along with forensic evidence that she was raped. (I just hate even writing that last part. )

eta: I actually wondered for a second if it was the last part -- that there was evidence from JLM's old taxi or something that tied him to Morgan Harrington's murder, too. But of course that wouldn't be the case unless they stated he was also being charged for Morgan's murder. :/

BBM

I hope you don't mind that I copied your post over on this thread. I think you make a great point. If this were the case, I believe they could use that evidence if it applies to Hannah's case too, without charging him first with Morgan's murder. I so hope that is the case and that Morgan's charges are coming soon. It's been very interesting to watch the way his charges have been laid out. Very well thought out by the prosecution IMO. I'd love to see it move faster, but they want to present a successful case against Jesse Matthew in Morgan's case too.

Hey guys after the trial that finished today. I hope we get more charges for Morgan's murder

I suspect that the link to JM in the Harrington case is not straightforward, and that is why no charges have been laid.

"For Gil Harrington, the mother of Morgan Harrington, the Virginia Tech student who was killed in 2009 and whose case has been linked to Matthew through DNA, the defense's request to ban "tokens and insignia" from the courtroom is problematic.

"That's what victims' families have," said Harrington. "All we've got are tokens and insignia. And we're going to be pretty reluctant to let go of them."

"Harrington and supporters of Hannah Gram's[sic] family have made pins with the initials H.G. for Hannah Graham, and the Harrington family has long used dots in the pattern of "2-4-1," the family's special code for "I love you 2 much, 4-ever, and 1 more time."
http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...ng-on-Matthews-Defense-Motions-322339111.html

"For Gil Harrington, the mother of Morgan Harrington, the Virginia Tech student who was killed in 2009 and whose case has been linked to Matthew through DNA, the defense's request to ban "tokens and insignia" from the courtroom is problematic.

"That's what victims' families have," said Harrington. "All we've got are tokens and insignia. And we're going to be pretty reluctant to let go of them."

"Harrington and supporters of Hannah Gram's[sic] family have made pins with the initials H.G. for Hannah Graham, and the Harrington family has long used dots in the pattern of "2-4-1," the family's special code for "I love you 2 much, 4-ever, and 1 more time."
http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...ng-on-Matthews-Defense-Motions-322339111.html

Thank you for the update, Steleheart. An amazing list of denied motions the defense came up with.

Morgan Harrington's mom, Gil, sounds so wise and real, as per always. Seems galling, gratuitous and somehow more than just the usual motion ocean as before, during the Fairfax trial. Wondering if Camblos is still involved? Could they be trying to stem the tide of mounting evidence, perhaps, based on the concerns raised in the list of motions?

Area to mark a year since Graham's disappearance
By Derek Quizon, The Daily Progress
Saturday, September 12 '15, 4:12 pm

[...]

"No one has been charged in the death of Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student, but forensic tests by state police have established a possible link to [him]".

[...]

"While the community tries to learn what it can from these killings, the families are left to deal with the loss of their loved ones.
Gil Harrington and Trina Murphy — whose niece Alexis was murdered in 2013 in a similar case — have remained outspoken, reminding the public of the risks and advocating for change."

[...]

“The loss of a child is like a severing — it’s like having a limb ripped from you,” she said. “You can accommodate … but every single day you are aware that limb is gone. It’s constant.”

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: Jesse Matthew has now been indicted for the murder or Morgan Harrington.

OMG OMG I'm literally crying here in the UK. Morgan, like me, loved metal and rock, and I remember her death shocking me so much. I have hoped for so long that this day would come. So do pleased.

OMG OMG I'm literally crying here in the UK. Morgan, like me, loved metal and rock, and I remember her death shocking me so much. I have hoped for so long that this day would come. So do pleased.

You're not the only one crying!

I'm so so pleased that justice is finally coming for the Harrington family.

This is awesome, awesome news! I can only imagine how gratified Morgan's parents feel.

Same here in Pennsylvania! I've been following her case since she disappeared, for some reason her story grabbed me like nothing else. I can't believe it's been almost 6 years. Her parents are such amazing people and I am glad that they finally have this answer. I'm lighting a candle for Morgan tonight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero
Back