JLM Charged in Morgan Harrington murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The writers can't even get their facts straight! Notice the article refers to an "attempted" sexual assault in Fairfax in 2005, and then links to an article that refers to the "sexual assault"!

I have actually seen reference to an "attempted sexual assault" prior to this article.

The VA state police have issued a statement about this information being released. HSTNG has it posted on their facebook.

Jesse Matthews days are numbered. Virginia will not make any deals with him. Death Penalty is what they are after. This serial rapist days are coming to an end. For 15 years this cretin has been preying on women... my only wish is that Virginia still had the electric chair to take care of him once and for all.

District Attorneys are just lining up all the evidence that is why it is taking so long. I estimate by June of 2015 Murders charges and rape charges will be brought forth!

The one thing that has bothered me with the Morgan Harrington case. her skeletal remains had numerous broken bones. How was Jesse inflict that kind of damage. Is is possible he could of ran her over in his taxi cab?

The one thing that has bothered me with the Morgan Harrington case. her skeletal remains had numerous broken bones. How was Jesse inflict that kind of damage. Is is possible he could of ran her over in his taxi cab?

RSBM - That's what I think happened. It's horrible to even think about it.

Jesse Matthews days are numbered. Virginia will not make any deals with him. Death Penalty is what they are after. This serial rapist days are coming to an end. For 15 years this cretin has been preying on women... my only wish is that Virginia still had the electric chair to take care of him once and for all.

District Attorneys are just lining up all the evidence that is why it is taking so long. I estimate by June of 2015 Murders charges and rape charges will be brought forth!

That's possible, but you'd think that would leave some damage on the car. That's something that somebody would probably notice and mention to police (not at the time, but during the interviews taking place now).

Matthews was 6'2 and 270 pounds. He was the captain of the wrestling team in high school. A guy that big can do some serious damage and could probably break bones by punching, kicking and throwing someone around. And that's not even considering the possibility that he had a bat or some other blunt weapon.

That's possible, but you'd think that would leave some damage on the car. That's something that somebody would probably notice and mention to police (not at the time, but during the interviews taking place now).

Matthews was 6'2 and 270 pounds. He was the captain of the wrestling team in high school. A guy that big can do some serious damage and could probably break bones by punching, kicking and throwing someone around. And that's not even considering the possibility that he had a bat or some other blunt weapon.

Or did what football players do-- tackle

So much time has passed now...wouldn't there be charges in the MH case if they had anything substantial? Apparently, there is nothing else but the DNA which may put him with her, but nothing to prove he did anything to her? Or maybe the DNA match wasn't that close? I'm surprised not to have heard any more on this.

So much time has passed now...wouldn't there be charges in the MH case if they had anything substantial? Apparently, there is nothing else but the DNA which may put him with her, but nothing to prove he did anything to her? Or maybe the DNA match wasn't that close? I'm surprised not to have heard any more on this.
LE does not need to hurry, they can take time to build a case. He's not going anywhere.

Not sure if this has been posted already, or is in the right place, but thought it would be of interest - a couple of bills related to this case advance in the VA House:

House Bill 1888, by Del. Chris S. Jones, R-Chesapeake, would require academic transcripts to note if a student was suspended or dismissed because of "sexual misconduct" or withdraws while under investigation.

"This is the Jesse Matthew bill," subcommittee Chairman James P. Massie, R-Henrico, said, referring to the suspect charged in the disappearance of slain University of Virginia student Hannah Graham last fall.

A second bill requires campus or local police to report any sexual assault investigations to the Commonwealth Attorney's office within 48 hours.

http://www.swvatoday.com/news/article_d346e9f0-ad4a-11e4-a206-3762b2a4b716.html

They've got the taxi now, right? I don't recall how long he drove it after MH's abduction. Could be his story is that he accidently hit her to cause her death?

What do you think is the evidence that seems to have totally convinced the Harrington's that LE's search is over? I don't think enough has been publicly released to close the book on her case the way they seem to have done...

They've got the taxi now, right? I don't recall how long he drove it after MH's abduction. Could be his story is that he accidently hit her to cause her death?

What do you think is the evidence that seems to have totally convinced the Harrington's that LE's search is overte? I don't think enough has been publicly released to close the book on her case the way they seem to have done...

I agree. Given all that the FBI had released on their updated 2012 "Wanted" sketch, and statements on race of the perp made by the police at that time; the DNA evidence update was really little more than confirmation the Fairfax perp (and MH abductor) was most likely African-American is really all they have been able to conclude. If I recall, they did not use the buccal swab in making a match to the tee shirt. In my mind, without that buccal swab link; they are still just narrowing down to race. I know most others see this as a full on genetic imprint that is unique only to JM. Looks like this is why a DNA expert is so crucial to defense. It is open to interpretation even among experts it seems.

“A DNA profile was developed from the ‘wooden tip from a cigar butt’ and could not be eliminated as a contributor to the sampling from the majority of the interior of the black t-shirt,” the search warrant continued."

I also thought this was interesting:

The search warrant indicated police are working with Ntelos to confirm Matthew had a working mobile phone in the Charlottesville-area the night Harrington disappeared.

Fairfax Judge Grants Media's Request....

Ntelos s a regional wireless provider. That is a pretty vague link, IMO. I guess I am rather surprised that is all they set out to establish; I would expect as a potential juror to see more direct evidence of communication. Is it just me or does it seem like there is an over confidence on the DNA?

I agree. Given all that the FBI had released on their updated 2012 "Wanted" sketch, and statements on race of the perp made by the police at that time; the DNA evidence update was really little more than confirmation the Fairfax perp (and MH abductor) was most likely African-American is really all they have been able to conclude. If I recall, they did not use the buccal swab in making a match to the tee shirt. In my mind, without that buccal swab link; they are still just narrowing down to race. I know most others see this as a full on genetic imprint that is unique only to JM. Looks like this is why a DNA expert is so crucial to defense. It is open to interpretation even among experts it seems.

“A DNA profile was developed from the ‘wooden tip from a cigar butt’ and could not be eliminated as a contributor to the sampling from the majority of the interior of the black t-shirt,” the search warrant continued."

I also thought this was interesting:

The search warrant indicated police are working with Ntelos to confirm Matthew had a working mobile phone in the Charlottesville-area the night Harrington disappeared.

Fairfax Judge Grants Media's Request....

Ntelos s a regional wireless provider. That is a pretty vague link, IMO. I guess I am rather surprised that is all they set out to establish; I would expect as a potential juror to see more direct evidence of communication. Is it just me or does it seem like there is an over confidence on the DNA?

Are we positive that the cigar butt had JM's DNA? Or was it MH's? I'm at a loss as to why the cigar butt DNA was so significant, when they had direct source DNA. In the Fairfax thread, I posed the question as to whether LE was looking for a DNA match to the cigarette found in Fairfax, and possibly something they found at Anchorage Farms. I'm sure they had JM's DNA before he was arrested, and think they may have been looking to make another match of some type.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Featherock
Back