JLM Charged in Morgan Harrington murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was reading gil`s blog on the website for Morgan, you can feel her hurt and anger turn DAY to day, it's heartbreaking. She did write about her baby being left in a field dressed out like a deer. My husband hunts, I wonder if that her sentiment on Morgan's cod, not decapitated per say, possibly ugh hate to type, but gutted or "dressed out" I think is the terminology? My two cents fwiw

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

If that did occur I don't think skeletal remains would be able to make that known. JMO

If that did occur I don't think skeletal remains would be able to make that known. JMO

I would think it would be hard to determine if she was "gutted", but perhaps they found knife marks on the bones.

Hi dove28 & WS
Has it ever been disclosed whether Morgan drove to the concert? I was under the impression, after reading that her father said her car never left home, that she did not drive. It sounds like her Mother is saying she was driving. Thanks.
I also had not heard this before:

"The numbers [241]... were among the last words Morgan spoke to her mother.
'Morgan fixed her lipstick, then flipped up the visor mirror and smiled as she leaned out to say, "241, Mama," and then drove out of our lives.'

:'(

Hi dove28 & WS
Has it ever been disclosed whether Morgan drove to the concert? I was under the impression, after reading that her father said her car never left home, that she did not drive. It sounds like her Mother is saying she was driving. Thanks.

Last night I was doing some reading on Morgan's disappearance and no, she did not drive to the concert. She left her car at a friend's house and drove with friends to the concert.

'Morgan fixed her lipstick, then flipped up the visor mirror and smiled as she leaned out to say, "241, Mama," and then drove out of our lives.'

This really is heart breaking. I cannot begin to fathom the heartache of losing a child ( I have lost a child,but not in that way). So terribly sad. Justice WILL be served.It won't bring her back but it will give her final respects and dignity.

Thank you ILOKAL
So she must have went to her parents to dress and then went to her friends. That has always bothered me for some reason..
Last night I was doing some reading on Morgan's disappearance and no, she did not drive to the concert. She left her car at a friend's house and drove with friends to the concert.

2~4~1 Remembering Morgan Harrington
http://timesupblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/241-remembering-morgan-harrington.html

For anyone who has followed the case of Morgan Harrington, the meaning of the numbers 2-4-1 are clear. To those who wonder what it means and why do they see those numbers surrounding postings about Morgan, there is an explanation. As you see at the top banner of the family website, Find Morgan, it lovingly says, "I love you too much, forever, and once more," hence 2~4~1. Morgan created the "code" as seen in the drawing above done by her in 2006, and it's carried her family and those friends surrounding them for the last two years..
<sniped - read more>

Actually, that is how it was first reported. But, it was a misunderstanding. They drove Morgan's car to the concert.
http://www.readthehook.com/69512/missing-pieces-witnesses-share-their-tales-morgan-sightings
Police have confirmed that a friend inside the concert had driven Morgan's car and still had her keys.

Thank you ILOKAL
So she must have went to her parents to dress and then went to her friends. That has always bothered me for some reason..

Yes, she first went to her parent's home and spent time with her Mom picking out what to wear to the concert. Then went to her friend's place.

Actually, that is how it was first reported. But, it was a misunderstanding. They drove Morgan's car to the concert.
http://www.readthehook.com/69512/missing-pieces-witnesses-share-their-tales-morgan-sightings
Police have confirmed that a friend inside the concert had driven Morgan's car and still had her keys.

I'll have to re-check that. I was reading direct quotes from an interview with her parents. Busy now, but I'll check it out and post back. I could be remembering incorrectly.

Actually, on the same site you linked, page three, fourth article from the last, it says Morgan left her car in Harrisonburg where she had stopped to meet up with some more friends. Hmmm, wonder which is correct? It also says she texted her friends inside the concert telling them she would find a ride back to Harrisonburg, presumably to retrieve her car. So, I don't know for sure which is correct regarding where Morgan's car was the night she disappeared.

]

I brought it over the best I could.

Interesting point. I would like to know more of the specifics surrounding that sighting. It was in Lexington I know. When was he actually seen by the person who reported it and when did that person actually report it? And when did the police choose to put out the release about his possible sighting?

I brought this up on one of these threads (can't keep up which one is which). Those are good questions you bring forth. I just don't see how, with the way he looks now, anyone would recognize him from that sketch And I do think he resembles sketch, just not near enough a person unknown to him would be able to see. I really think someone knows what he was up to. This link says he WS seen at 2 schools, before it was just W&L.(EDIT!! - looking at the quoted article now it does not say 2 schools. Was this article edited??)This changes things for me... This leads me to believe LE knew BEFORE HG was missing, that sketch guy was out on the prowl.... The minute HG went missing, they knew it was him. Wow, so much to think about here... Give me some time and I will offer more on this thought...

I brought this up on one of these threads (can't keep up which one is which). Those are good questions you bring forth. I just don't see how, with the way he looks now, anyone would recognize him from that sketch And I do think he resembles sketch, just not near enough a person unknown to him would be able to see. I really think someone knows what he was up to. This link says he WS seen at 2 schools, before it was just W&L.(EDIT!! - looking at the quoted article now it does not say 2 schools. Was this article edited??)This changes things for me... This leads me to believe LE knew BEFORE HG was missing, that sketch guy was out on the prowl.... The minute HG went missing, they knew it was him. Wow, so much to think about here... Give me some time and I will offer more on this thought...

No, it never did say two schools. Late last night after I found the article and posted the link, I gave a brief synopsis of the article and I inadvertently said two schools when actually it WAS just one.

No, it never did say two schools. Late last night after I found the article and posted the link, I gave a brief synopsis of the article and I inadvertently said two schools when actually it WAS just one.
Thank you!
I still think it is strange that there were reports of him being seen. After 5 years, no reported sightings and then 2 days after HG goes missing they are saying there was a report a couple weeks earlier.... It is interesting for sure.

Actually, on the same site you linked, page three, fourth article from the last, it says Morgan left her car in Harrisonburg where she had stopped to meet up with some more friends. Hmmm, wonder which is correct? It also says she texted her friends inside the concert telling them she would find a ride back to Harrisonburg, presumably to retrieve her car. So, I don't know for sure which is correct regarding where Morgan's car was the night she disappeared.

Like I said, it was a misunderstanding at first.
Dr. Harrington was under the impression that Morgan's car was left in H'burg.....that is why it was reported incorrectly at first.

I'm not really sure where to post this question, but does anyone remember when the cab driven by JLM was seized? After that was announced- there were rumors and then, clarification from LE that "he was not interviewed" at the time, BUT nothing else was said of the taxi- which may or may not have been a significant find. If anyone has any other info about where it may have been found, I would be very interested. Not sure what county it may have been located in either.

I'm getting into a very morbid and disturbing place that I would rather not go, but here goes....

Three points:

Hannah's skull was sent to richmond, indication that it was not attached to the rest of the skeleton. How easily does the skull typically become detached? Wouldn't there be some connective tissue holding it together or would have been eaten by vultures for sure?

Morgan's mother said she believed she died quickly. She knew the cause of death (per the link by dove28 above) There is a cause of death that is likely very (hopefully) quick, that could be gleaned from skeletal remains.

Cassandra, while he is not (yet?) linked to her death, an interesting fact is that her skull was detached. http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/78135977.html?device=phone&c=y

Where I'm going here, is something I don't want to say or contemplate, but nonetheless could be the case.... Perhaps they were decapitated. Ugh, I can't even stand the thought, so heinous, but the fact that the skull was detached has led me to believe that could be the case. I see that as such an atrociously monstrous act...I can't even fathom how this man was in our midst for so long.

I don't know what that means. Gil Harrington has said that her daugther was a fighter and that she knows Morgan fought to the end. She also says she knows her daughter was raped. And yet her death came quickly? I guess that means that they don't think she was tortured to death bit by bit, but in a sense, the fight and the rape were all part of her death, IMO and she suffered greatly, it was not an quick death in that regard. After all of the suffering, maybe he snapped her neck or strangled her, or stabbed her and that one act may have resulted in a quick death,but from the way he hurt the Fairfax victim and from what we heard in terms of hurting the Liberty U woman who reported she was raped by JM, I don't think the process was quick for MH.

In the case of Hannah, there is hope that it was, since it is possible she was drugged enough that she was not aware of what was happening to her. With MH, it doesn't so appear.

I don't know what that means. Gil Harrington has said that her daugther was a fighter and that she knows Morgan fought to the end. She also says she knows her daughter was raped. And yet her death came quickly? I guess that means that they don't think she was tortured to death bit by bit, but in a sense, the fight and the rape were all part of her death, IMO and she suffered greatly, it was not an quick death in that regard. After all of the suffering, maybe he snapped her neck or strangled her, or stabbed her and that one act may have resulted in a quick death,but from the way he hurt the Fairfax victim and from what we heard in terms of hurting the Liberty U woman who reported she was raped by JM, I don't think the process was quick for MH.

In the case of Hannah, there is hope that it was, since it is possible she was drugged enough that she was not aware of what was happening to her. With MH, it doesn't so appear.

I'm guessing she meant the literal death was quick, like he didn't slowly break each bone one by one or slash her slowly. I'm not well versed on how someone could quickly kill someone presumably just using their hands and simple tools and it's not something I particularly want to look up. Re the Fairfax rape, I'm actually guessing that getting strangled is a pretty quick and painless death (relatively, of course), as I imagine you'd pass out pretty quickly. Another possibility is that he shot her in the head or something equivalent (sorry), which they would have clear evidence of from the skull/bones and could relatively easily determine whether she would have died immediately. I actually think something like that might be the most likely since you would be able to see a gunshot wound from a skeletal record.

just speculating, of course

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sashafari
Back