JLM Charged in Morgan Harrington murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Because at the time, the media was saying MH was seen in the parking lot with basketball players (though they were obviously cleared of any wrongdoing) Her phone and purse were found at JPJ Arena where she was last seen. JM was probably hoping that if her shirt was found on campus, it would redirect the suspicion to a college student. Think about the last text from HG's phone: "Lost at 14th and Wertland" where she couldn't have possibly been, but again, a place on UVA campus. JM was kicked out of two colleges. He likely has a lot of resentment towards college students, hence his preference for preying on young college girls. He is a Charlottesville local, not associated with UVA or the campus. IMO, rather than burning the shirt or throwing it in a dumpster, he wanted to make it look like it was a crime that involved a college student. I don't think he thought rationally about DNA. I think he wanted to make it seem like it was a student who murdered MH.

Sure, I get that. It's still a taunt. He didn't believe that it would EVER be linked back to him. It was his own arrogance. Otherwise, if he was really scared, he would have done something I suggested or a plethora of other choices that could have wiped that shirt off the face of the planet without any fanfare and no one, especially LE at the time, would have been the wiser.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/dna-key-to-matthew-charges/article_65314f72-5a62-11e4-967d-001a4bcf6878.html#.VEiA2ukxKJg.twitterI don't quite understand what this means, but I thought you guys might be interested. Nevermind I think I just figured it out. lol

It was his DNA. He was swabbed on arrest.

Sure, I get that. It's still a taunt. He didn't believe that it would EVER be linked back to him. It was his own arrogance. Otherwise, if he was really scared, he would have done something I suggested or a plethora of other choices that could have wiped that shirt off the face of the planet without any fanfare and no one, especially LE at the time, would have been the wiser.

It was his DNA. He was swabbed on arrest.
Yeah I figured it out! I had a blonde moment and I'm not even blonde. I got so excited to see something new I wasn't thinking.

I don't think he thinks all that well. I am not sure he even "plans" his crimes, except that he might be open to any opportunity. I think he is highly impulsive and maybe doesn't think ahead too much-after all LE seems to have indicated that the inside of his car held plenty of evidence/suspicious items. And he had a week to clear it out, detail it, etc, also surely was aware he was the subject on the video being shown constantly. He had to know they would reach him sooner or later, yet did nothing much to "prepare" for that, Imo.

All SKs plan to some degree. They are driven by fantasy. This is a known fact.

His sloppiness does not imply lack of planning. It implies confidence. Why should he bother to clean up his car if no one is ever going to suspect him in the first place? We've seen it play out. People that knew him were in denial. . .he was a nice guy. . .sincere. . .good Christian. Even when he may have thought LE was on to him. . .what's a SK to do? Keep up the facade. If he does anything out of the ordinary it might draw suspicion.

Look at Russell Williams. During his interogation he never once asked to leave or for an attorney even though he was fully within his rights to do so. Surely he was smart enough to know about these things. But it was his desire to keep up the facade that prevented him from asking. He would rather confess than admit to anything that looked suspicious! How messed up is that???

All SKs plan to some degree. They are driven by fantasy. This is a known fact.

His sloppiness does not imply lack of planning. It implies confidence. Why should he bother to clean up his car if no one is ever going to suspect him in the first place? We've seen it play out. People that knew him were in denial. . .he was a nice guy. . .sincere. . .good Christian. Even when he may have thought LE was on to him. . .what's a SK to do? Keep up the facade. If he does anything out of the ordinary it might draw suspicion.

Look at Russell Williams. During his interogation he never once asked to leave or for an attorney even though he was fully within his rights to do so. Surely he was smart enough to know about these things. But it was his desire to keep up the facade that prevented him from asking. He would rather confess than admit to anything that looked suspicious! How messed up is that???

Now that I'm thinking about it a little more, I'm leaning towards your line of thought on this. Especially in light of the fact that he was posting on the Help Find Morgan Harrington Facebook page and even followed a group for the prevention of violence/rape against women on Facebook. It's all so cocky.

Even his driving record points to that... who in their right mind gets their license revoked then continues to drive recklessly and, on top of that, drive with an illegal inspection sticker in an unregistered vehicle? Clearly someone who thinks they are above the law and will not be caught. JMO

The dna from the 2005 Fairfax rape and dna collected in MH's murderer investigation was entered into FBI CODIS, and there was a match, yet JM's dna had yet to be entered into the CODIS database because he was never prosecuted for a felony. Imo, this is why JM jumped through hoops in the aggravated assault of the VA attorney in the road rage incident. JM knew that his dna would be a match for the two heinous crimes/game over.. When JM skated on this felony, as he had many times before.. This escape from justice only empowered him, to continue his evil trail of terror...jmo

I hate to say this, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that JM killed people for finding out his sickness. He may have even tried to kill the attorney if he thought he would go to jail especially after he knows they have his DNA.

I tend to give consideration to the possibility that Morgan's phone was tossed in the RV lot after her fatal encounter with JM. Why else would the battery have been missing other than for malignant purposes?

I agree. I doubt she would have taken the battery out of her phone. Whoever did it, IMO, I think they knew exactly what they were doing.

Pure speculation on my part, but I did post a while ago that perhaps one of JLM's loved ones found the shirt, didn't know what to think, and rather than confront him, placed it in a visible location for LE to find and prove/disprove.

Extremely unlikely, I know, especially since it was placed near JLM's place of employment at that time. Still, if we're talking Was it at all possible? it's a (admittedly unlikely) theory.

I've wondered about that too. It just seems so bizarre that he would deliberately place the shirt out in the open - as others have mentioned, why not just throw it away, burn it, etc.?

Here is an exclusive interview with Joe Radar after he wrote the letter, http://www.nbc29.com/story/20098333/nbc29-exclusive-rader-interview.

"Radar says he's confident his former colleagues will solve this case. He went on to say that the person he's addressing may have already talked to investigators, but it's time he or she stop telling half-truths and come full circle - no more "little lies.""

Perhaps this person was the one who vomited and/or placed the t-shirt.

Here is my theory on Morgan's Pantera shirt. I've always believed that the assault began in a vehicle and that Morgan realized she was in trouble and ran to the spot she was found and was most most likely killed. It isn't too far a stretch in my mind that her killer removed her shirt in the car before she escaped and was hunted down. Morgan was abducted on Oct 17 and three weeks later the shirt was found. (Nov. 9 IIRC). By this time Morgan's disappearance and description of what she was wearing at the Metallica concert was all over the news. If one is a cab driver, a shirt matching the description of a missing young woman inside your cab (or home for that matter) must be disposed of and I think JM put the shirt there purposely after the newspaper delivery woman thought she saw Morgan with guys at that frat house to throw LE off the trail. Area cab drivers were being questioned from what I understand. Not sure when questioning began but cabbies would be as good a place to start as anywhere since she was allegedly last seen hitch hiking in the Copeley Bridge area. LE kept silent on the Pantera shirt being found until Apr. 2010, which is ironically or maybe not, the same month that JLM's atty called the road rage victim and asked that the charges be dropped if JM paid the guys medical bills. We know JLM worked at Martha Jefferson House which is close proximity to the frat house and his wages at MJH were garnished for 'unpaid medical bills'. Were these medical bills for the assault victim? When did he begin working at MJH?(I am still searching for links to all this info to see if the dates line up)

http://www.readthehook.com/68346/shattered-bones-harringtons-say-morgans-killer-violent-sadistic

[I"I try not to think of how scared you were, the terror you felt. I try not to think of how much pain you were in as you were slaughtered," she writes. "Were you still alive when they brought you to Anchorage Farm? To be hunted like a deer running frantically over the hay stubble in the field desperate to escape, trying to survive, crying, screaming, I see it. I hear it. Or, were you brought there already dead, like a slab of meat, carrion to be discarded and dumped in the field to rot–- just another carcass in the hunting preserve."][/I]

At :25 in following link shows the remains site at AF. The terrain doesn't appear to be hospitable to anything except a FWD, ATV or tractor which is why I think she ran for her life, IMO.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/30/graham-harrington-students-deaths/16474263/

Just my rambling opinion this morning.

bbm

I'm not nit-picking here, but I'll have to go back and find the article that stated that they were able to get the perp's DNA from the blood on the Fairfax victim and from underneath her fingernails where she fought back. We don't know the exact condition of Morgan's remains, but we can assume that fingernails would have still been there just three months after her death, and possibly, trace amounts of flesh and blood underneath one or more of them, providing DNA from the perp.

We've been arguing over where the DNA came from to link Morgan's killer to the Fairfax rapist, but it seems entirely plausible that it was both the shirt and the body to me.
Too late to allow me to go back and edit in the link, so fwiw, here's the article that stated that the DNA from the perp came from the blood and skin underneath the Fairfax victim's fingernails. I sincerely hope some trace remains of JLM's DNA were salvaged from underneath Morgan's fingernails, despite being out in the elements for three months.

http://patch.com/virginia/fairfaxci...rs-dna-solve-a-fairfax-rape-and-mor84c9a34d12

(thanks ksj3 for posting this in a different thread!I couldn't find it, yet again. I really need to start bookmarking these articles!)

The shirt being 'displayed'
Allot of times at our camp ( we are on a corner), we find articles along the roads ( shoes, towels, shirts) and we hang them to dry and display for those who may of lost them.
9 out of 10 times they get seen and picked up.
Some kind hearted person may of done this never knowing it belonged to a crime victim.
aka my hubby who does not even watch the news..........JMOO

The shirt being 'displayed'
Allot of times at our camp ( we are on a corner), we find articles along the roads ( shoes, towels, shirts) and we hang them to dry and display for those who may of lost them.
9 out of 10 times they get seen and picked up.
Some kind hearted person may of done this never knowing it belonged to a crime victim.
aka my hubby who does not even watch the news..........JMOO

Or did the person that retired VSP Lt. Joe Rader, is addressing in the letter place the Pantera Tshirt on the bush to incriminate the perp, while remaining anonymous?

I agree with waltzingmatilda and think JLM put the shirt near the frat house to throw LE off. I think he had kept the shirt as a trophy until then.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed. I've been keeping up with the more general thread about the recovered remains, but not so much the others. Does anyone have thoughts on why there haven't been charges filed against JM regarding MH's disappearance/murder, even though it's been stated that his DNA is connected to both MH and the Fairfax rape?

Forgive me if this has already been discussed. I've been keeping up with the more general thread about the recovered remains, but not so much the others. Does anyone have thoughts on why there haven't been charges filed against JM regarding MH's disappearance/murder, even though it's been stated that his DNA is connected to both MH and the Fairfax rape?

Maybe the DNA could be something that could have conceivably come from an encounter in a taxi, etc, so that without more info they need to wait to charge?

Here is my theory on Morgan's Pantera shirt. I've always believed that the assault began in a vehicle and that Morgan realized she was in trouble and ran to the spot she was found and was most most likely killed. It isn't too far a stretch in my mind that her killer removed her shirt in the car before she escaped and was hunted down. Morgan was abducted on Oct 17 and three weeks later the shirt was found. (Nov. 9 IIRC). By this time Morgan's disappearance and description of what she was wearing at the Metallica concert was all over the news. If one is a cab driver, a shirt matching the description of a missing young woman inside your cab (or home for that matter) must be disposed of and I think JM put the shirt there purposely after the newspaper delivery woman thought she saw Morgan with guys at that frat house to throw LE off the trail. Area cab drivers were being questioned from what I understand. Not sure when questioning began but cabbies would be as good a place to start as anywhere since she was allegedly last seen hitch hiking in the Copeley Bridge area. LE kept silent on the Pantera shirt being found until Apr. 2010, which is ironically or maybe not, the same month that JLM's atty called the road rage victim and asked that the charges be dropped if JM paid the guys medical bills. We know JLM worked at Martha Jefferson House which is close proximity to the frat house and his wages at MJH were garnished for 'unpaid medical bills'. Were these medical bills for the assault victim? When did he begin working at MJH?(I am still searching for links to all this info to see if the dates line up)

http://www.readthehook.com/68346/shattered-bones-harringtons-say-morgans-killer-violent-sadistic

[I"I try not to think of how scared you were, the terror you felt. I try not to think of how much pain you were in as you were slaughtered," she writes. "Were you still alive when they brought you to Anchorage Farm? To be hunted like a deer running frantically over the hay stubble in the field desperate to escape, trying to survive, crying, screaming, I see it. I hear it. Or, were you brought there already dead, like a slab of meat, carrion to be discarded and dumped in the field to rot–- just another carcass in the hunting preserve."][/I]

At :25 in following link shows the remains site at AF. The terrain doesn't appear to be hospitable to anything except a FWD, ATV or tractor which is why I think she ran for her life, IMO.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/30/graham-harrington-students-deaths/16474263/

Just my rambling opinion this morning.

This makes a lot of sense to me, Waltzing Matilda, ( love your name BTW). I really, really hope that the truth will emerge in Morgan's case, but it's a complicated one, no doubt. I keep thinking about the shirt. Everyone here has interesting and logical theories...

At the moment, (and my opinion might evolve as time goes on and we get more info), I think:

The shirt was put there by JM.

I don't think it came to be there by someone "connected" or "with knowledge," or by family or friends. I still think someone may be out there who either participated in some way or has direct knowledge, (even after the fact), but why would they place the shirt there? Obviously a "cohort," by seeking to implicate JM, also risks implicating himself. If they were only extraneously involved and felt guilt enough to want to get the truth out there, why not place the shirt near JM's residence or somewhere more connected with him? Same thing for friends and family....if they could not bring themselves to go to LE, but felt they had to anonymously leave a clue for them, why place the shirt there of all places? I also don't think JM would ever allow someone else to SEE the shirt, even in the off-chance that he broke down and told a family member or friend about the incident, (which I really don't think he did.). I think he compartmentalized his bad deeds and no one was privy to them, with the possible exception of another bad guy who may have been somehow involved. (Dang--that letter and subsequent interview by Lt. Rader just sticks in my head so much...)

At the time the shirt was actually found, (not when that info was released to the public later), the case was pretty much wide open. There was no body, no linkage to Fairfax, even the sketch was not available prominently in the Charlottesville area until after the body was found and the link was made months later. The main item in the news was the UVA basketball players' encounter with MH. So it makes sense to me, that JM knowing this, and probably knowing of cab driver interviews, (possibly already having been interviewed himself by CPD), was thinking in his limited way..."Gotta get rid of the shirt....gonna put it near the UVA frat house." I believe he thought more about implicating other people than about the presence of DNA on the shirt. We know MH's DNA and also now JM's DNA were on that shirt, but I think JM, in more of a panic mode, maybe balled that shirt up and tossed it into the bushes late at night. I doubt he would have taken time to spread it out, for fear of being noticed. Another poster, (maybe Spicer 2000?--sorry, can't recall for sure), said that the laundry facilities in that complex were not very good, and it wasn't uncommon to see people's clothing hanging on the balconies to dry. I think JM got rid of that shirt by tossing it quickly, and then someone in the complex found it, thought "Uh-oh! Somebody's shirt fell down off the balcony!" and spread it neatly out on the bush so it could be id'd by the owner, not noticing its significance.

I don't think, like some others have said, that he was necessarily a "taunter." I don't think that matches his profile, IMO. Anyway, sorry for the long post:blushing: .guess I'm thinking out loud.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera
Back