JLM Charged in Morgan Harrington murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is awesome, awesome news! I can only imagine how gratified Morgan's parents feel.

Would anyone have the link to Morgan's current thread? TIA. And it's definitely awesome news! Been waiting a long time to hear this!!!

You are currently in it EmmaRose

You are currently in it EmmaRose

Ok thanks! I thought this was Hannah's. anyhow, keeping the Harringtons and Grahams in my prayers. And thank you too for all the useful info you post. Awesome stuff!

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: Jesse Matthew has now been indicted for the murder or Morgan Harrington.

YES!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: Finally!! So happy to read this news.

Finally, now we wait to hear if they will charge him with the many others we suspect him to be responsible for. The list of possibles is long and those families deserve to at least know if he is the killer. These come to mind:
Dashad Sage Smith
Cassandra Morton
Samantha Clark (and possibly some involvement in Alexis Murphy's case, IMO)
Heidi Childs and David Metzer
and the many possible others...I really hope he comes clean.

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: Jesse Matthew has now been indicted for the murder or Morgan Harrington.

YYYEEESSSSSSS!!!! This is amazing news! Have been waiting so long to hear those words that it hardly seems real. Please bring justice for those beautiful young women and their long-suffering friends and family!

I was so relieved to read the news of this indictment. I think down the road, LE will be able to link him to other crimes as well and perhaps a few more families will get some answers.

This is wonderful news! We've been waiting so long for this. As the wheel of justice finally begins to turn for Morgan, may her family find some peace of mind and comfort in their hearts. Many thanks to those who have kept us updated as we have waited to read these words. Tears of joy!

Thread title changed.

From the link posted by sjm_qc:

[...]
“We are very relieved that we have the perpetrator, he’s behind bars and justice will have its way,” said Gil Harrington, the mother of Morgan Harrington.

[...]
“I would have loved to have seen, you know she would be 26 now, how she turned out, we’ll never see that. Never see what kind of babies she would have made,” said Harrington.

[...]
“I have thoughts of how could someone hurt Morgan — Morgan was so sweet and nice, how could you snuff her out. Why?” asked Harrington.

http://wric.com/2015/09/16/morgan-harringtons-parents-weighs-in-on-the-jesse-matthew-charges/

Thread title changed.

From the link posted by sjm_qc:

[...]
“We are very relieved that we have the perpetrator, he’s behind bars and justice will have its way,” said Gil Harrington, the mother of Morgan Harrington.

[...]
“I would have loved to have seen, you know she would be 26 now, how she turned out, we’ll never see that. Never see what kind of babies she would have made,” said Harrington.

[...]
“I have thoughts of how could someone hurt Morgan — Morgan was so sweet and nice, how could you snuff her out. Why?” asked Harrington.

http://wric.com/2015/09/16/morgan-harringtons-parents-weighs-in-on-the-jesse-matthew-charges/

BBM.

hmmm.. "snuff her out"
What does that mean to everyone here? I have my own ideas.....

I am so happy that JM will be held accountable for Morgan's murder. But I am sad too, sad for Morgan and the Harrington family for what could have been......

....had she not been 'snuffed out' (Mrs Harrington's words). She saw her daughters bones and is a very smart woman. IMO, Morgan's remains told the story to Gil of the trauma she suffered while fighting for her life against a psychopath.

Kudos to the Grand Jury.

Henry Graff ‏@HenryGraff 20m20 minutes ago Charlottesville, VA

JUST IN: #JesseMatthew first appearance for charges in Morgan Harrington case has been delayed to 1:30 PM today.

Finally, now we wait to hear if they will charge him with the many others we suspect him to be responsible for. The list of possibles is long and those families deserve to at least know if he is the killer. These come to mind:
Dashad Sage Smith
Cassandra Morton
Samantha Clark (and possibly some involvement in Alexis Murphy's case, IMO)
Heidi Childs and David Metzer
and the many possible others...I really hope he comes clean.

I wonder how long the wait will be, and if he'll ever be cleared of any so we don't continue to wonder.

Along those lines, I haven't seen this posted, but male skeletonized remains were found on one of JM's potential "routes" in Charlottesville a few weeks ago. Male. My thought is that it's possibly Sage. :( Haven't heard any updates on ID and don't know that we will, as it could just as well be a transient. http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...-Exit-Ramp-in-Albemarle-County-323037621.html

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP 11m11 minutes ago
Judge Paul Peatross set a status hearing date for Sept. 30, 2pm

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP 12m12 minutes ago
Judge asked #JesseMatthew if he had any money: "Not really sir. Maybe $100."

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP 14m14 minutes ago
Parents of #MorganHarrington had #JesseMatthew pass within 3 ft in tiny courtroom. "We want him to see us."

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP 18m18 minutes ago
Prosecutor Denise Lunsford says the #MorganHarrington case "has completely different facts" than #HannahGraham, won't incorporate the two.

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP 21m21 minutes ago
#JesseMatthew was arraigned in a tiny courtroom, without a court reporter. He was appointed the same attys in the #HannahGraham case.

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP 23m23 minutes ago
Gil Harrington, mother of #MorganHarrington is relieved, pleased that #JesseMatthew has been indicted for murder.

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP 26m26 minutes ago
#JesseMatthew has made his first court appearance for the murder of #MorganHarrington.

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP 1h1 hour ago
Dan and Gil Harrington, parents of #MorganHarrington enter the courthouse for #JesseMatthew arraignment.

The Harringtons outside court with Va press about today

via Neal Augenstein, WTOP

https://soundcloud.com/wtopnealaugenstein/harrington-newser

~

Jesse Matthew will use same defense counsel in Morgan Harrington, Hannah Graham cases
Matthew charged with first-degree murder in Harrington case

by Chloe Heskett, The Cavalier Daily
Sep 16 '15, "1 hour ago"

[...]

the same defense counsel in both the Harrington case and in the case of late University student Graham, in which [he] faces charges of capital murder. Virginia Capital Defender Douglas Ramseur and Michael Hemenway, a private attorney in Charlottesville will comprise the defense team.
[... prosecutor says]

There are currently no plans to upgrade the charges in the Harrington case to capital murder.

[...Mrs. Harrington is]

very grateful for the amount of work both law enforcement and litigators have done in her daughter’s case.

~

From Here:

On the Bridge today, with P Fox and Harringtons .jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members