JLM Charged in Morgan Harrington murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with waltzingmatilda and think JLM put the shirt near the frat house to throw LE off. I think he had kept the shirt as a trophy until then.

I think:

The shirt was put there by JM.

I don't think it came to be there by someone "connected" or "with knowledge," or by family or friends. I still think someone may be out there who either participated in some way or has direct knowledge, (even after the fact), but why would they place the shirt there? Obviously a "cohort," by seeking to implicate JM, also risks implicating himself. If they were only extraneously involved and felt guilt enough to want to get the truth out there, why not place the shirt near JM's residence or somewhere more connected with him? Same thing for friends and family....if they could not bring themselves to go to LE, but felt they had to anonymously leave a clue for them, why place the shirt there of all places? I also don't think JM would ever allow someone else to SEE the shirt, even in the off-chance that he broke down and told a family member or friend about the incident, (which I really don't think he did.). I think he compartmentalized his bad deeds and no one was privy to them, with the possible exception of another bad guy who may have been somehow involved.

Funny how people think so differently. In my mind if JM was trying to throw LE off, or keep the search away from AF, he would have put the shirt anywhere but near where he worked.

That's what makes me think it was someone he knows, friend or family member, that found it in his belongings and wanted to lead the cops right to him. What better place to put it than right near where JM works?

Funny how people think so differently. In my mind if JM was trying to throw LE off, or keep the search away from AF, he would have put the shirt anywhere but near where he worked.

That's what makes me think it was someone he knows, friend or family member, that found it in his belongings and wanted to lead the cops right to him. What better place to put it than right near where JM works?

I getcha, LI-Mom!! Great point! I just think, though, that if it were a family member, they would have placed at an even MORE obvious place than near his work. As for him, he was so arrogant and oblivious to the power of LE, that I kinda think he tossed the shirt there, maybe on the way to or from work, (not sure of timeline about work though).....not assuming that he was likely to get caught. His car, at least at times, had an expired inspection sticker....he drove like a maniac (as found in traffic tickets, and noted by Old Lynchburg Rd. residents)....I think he had a false sense of security and bravado, loved taking risks......I don't think he thought about the connection to work, but I MAY BE WRONG--lol! Appreciate your view, and heck, I might share that view by tomorrow.......this case ( these cases) are puzzling, to say the least!!

LE has given the Harrington's far more information than has been put out to the public. They say the DNA link came from Morgan's remains. I believe them! MOO

Yes, I cannot imagine how there would be no DNA on that large bracelet. She could have done some real damage to him with it too!

Interesting Twitter discussion concerning July 2010 sketches in Albemarle County of Fairfax suspect. Links to news stories concerning the sketch (written in July 2010).

Bianca Spinosa @BSpinosa
found some links I reported on a LACK of sketches posted near crossroads store: newsplex.com/home/headlines… and newsplex.com/home/headlines…
1:36pm - 24 Oct 14

https://mobile.twitter.com/BSpinosa

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/97683674.html?device=tablet&c=y

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/102664109.html?device=tablet&c=y

The shirt being 'displayed'
Allot of times at our camp ( we are on a corner), we find articles along the roads ( shoes, towels, shirts) and we hang them to dry and display for those who may of lost them.
9 out of 10 times they get seen and picked up.
Some kind hearted person may of done this never knowing it belonged to a crime victim.
aka my hubby who does not even watch the news..........JMOO

That's what I think too. Also, the Harringtons were hit with a lot of unkind remarks about their daughter going missing the way she did. So i wonder if someone wasn't just cruel enough to put the shirt up on display when it was found I don't see JM having the care and patience to doing something like that.

I also had not heard this before:

"The numbers [241]... were among the last words Morgan spoke to her mother.
'Morgan fixed her lipstick, then flipped up the visor mirror and smiled as she leaned out to say, "241, Mama," and then drove out of our lives.'

:'(

was just reading this article about MH http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/r...cle_86e9e9da-4d9f-54ff-9f2c-e8ffa88c9712.html

it says:
"Gil Harrington said police have told them the cause of Morgan’s death but said she is not at liberty to share that information. She said she believes Morgan died quickly."

I thought the cause of death was unknown/still pending? Why wouldn't it be released?

I wonder if cause of death is unique in some way that it may show similar manner in other murders from the same perp?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder if cause of death is unique in some way that it may show similar manner in other murders from the same perp?

I'm getting into a very morbid and disturbing place that I would rather not go, but here goes....

Three points:

Hannah's skull was sent to richmond, indication that it was not attached to the rest of the skeleton. How easily does the skull typically become detached? Wouldn't there be some connective tissue holding it together or would have been eaten by vultures for sure?

Morgan's mother said she believed she died quickly. She knew the cause of death (per the link by dove28 above) There is a cause of death that is likely very (hopefully) quick, that could be gleaned from skeletal remains.

Cassandra, while he is not (yet?) linked to her death, an interesting fact is that her skull was detached. http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/78135977.html?device=phone&c=y

Where I'm going here, is something I don't want to say or contemplate, but nonetheless could be the case.... Perhaps they were decapitated. Ugh, I can't even stand the thought, so heinous, but the fact that the skull was detached has led me to believe that could be the case. I see that as such an atrociously monstrous act...I can't even fathom how this man was in our midst for so long.

was just reading this article about MH http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/r...cle_86e9e9da-4d9f-54ff-9f2c-e8ffa88c9712.html

it says:
"Gil Harrington said police have told them the cause of Morgan’s death but said she is not at liberty to share that information. She said she believes Morgan died quickly."

I thought the cause of death was unknown/still pending? Why wouldn't it be released?

Because it is unique and may be essential to be withheld for trial purposes?

Yes, right along the lines of what I was thinking too, danzn16.

I need to know how to contact a moderator to request a post of mine be moved. It was late last night when I posted on the wrong thread. It's my post #1072 on the What We Know About Him thread. It should be on this thread and contains some interesting information. It's too late to edit so I can no longer copy and paste it here. Thanks so much.

]

I need to know how to contact a moderator to request a post of mine be moved. It was late last night when I posted on the wrong thread. It's my post #1072 on the What We Know About Him thread. It should be on this thread and contains some interesting information. It's too late to edit so I can no longer copy and paste it here. Thanks so much.

On September 16, 2014, just two days after Hannah was reported missing, two universities in Washington, DC and Virginia were notified by the department of public safety that there had been a suspect sighting in the Morgan Harrington case which referred to the sketch from the 2005 Fairfax Case. Notice and warning was sent to all students on September 16, 2014 which also advised them to read about the Fairfax case on Wikipedia where the sketch was also published. Doesn't that mean that as soon as LE became aware of the videos of JLM following and leaving the DTM with Hannah they made an immediate recognition and connection to the sketch?

Here's the link:
http://www.capitalbay.com/news/wash...about-morgan-harrington-suspect-sighting.html

I brought it over the best I could.

Interesting point. I would like to know more of the specifics surrounding that sighting. It was in Lexington I know. When was he actually seen by the person who reported it and when did that person actually report it? And when did the police choose to put out the release about his possible sighting?

]

I brought it over the best I could.

Interesting point. I would like to know more of the specifics surrounding that sighting. It was in Lexington I know. When was he actually seen by the person who reported it and when did that person actually report it? And when did the police choose to put out the release about his possible sighting?

Thank you Mirv22. Am I confused in thinking LE immediately suspected a link to Morgan's case when JLM was seen on DTM video? I mean this warning was received just TWO days after Hannah was reported missing and refers to sketch. What am I missing?

Thank you Mirv22. Am I confused in thinking LE immediately suspected a link to Morgan's case when JLM was seen on DTM video? I mean this warning was received just TWO days after Hannah was reported missing and refers to sketch. What am I missing?

I don't think you are missing anything necessarily. I think you could be on to something. That is why I want to know more specifics regarding the sighting.

They had the JLM video footage in their possession during the presser that they released the McGrady's footage. Didn't they release that footage later that evening? When was that presser again? And then what was the timing of the sketch sighting announcement? Granted he doesn't look like the sketch in the footage, but there may be other pieces they were connecting in the background.

I don't think you are missing anything necessarily. I think you could be on to something. That is why I want to know more specifics regarding the sighting.

They had the JLM video footage in their possession during the presser that they released the McGrady's footage. Didn't they release that footage later that evening? When was that presser again? And then what was the timing of the sketch sighting announcement? Granted he doesn't look like the sketch in the footage, but there may be other pieces they were connecting in the background.

The September 16, 2014 article also says that according to the Lexington PD, the report was received several days after the sighting had occurred.

ETA: I don't think there really could have been a match to sketch merely from the video footage. The investigation into Hannah's disappearance also included interviews of eye witnesses.

I was reading gil`s blog on the website for Morgan, you can feel her hurt and anger turn DAY to day, it's heartbreaking. She did write about her baby being left in a field dressed out like a deer. My husband hunts, I wonder if that her sentiment on Morgan's cod, not decapitated per say, possibly ugh hate to type, but gutted or "dressed out" I think is the terminology? My two cents fwiw

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
08nomdeplume