JLM Charged in the Hannah Graham Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe the prosecution is hoping JM will take a plea deal to not get the DP? Saying that they found new evidence in Feb could just be a way of making him think their case is open and shut

Given that the Harringtons and the Grahams were present in the court room today, I doubt LE would employ that tactic. Not without their full knowledge and cooperation.

Jane L. Vance's perspective from court today
Vice President HSNG

on the

https://www.facebook.com/FindHannahGraham

Nice to read about the perp's reaction in court as he lost his 'security blanket' and being seemingly befuddled.

This passage in particular stood out to me in regards to Jane Lillian Vances impression of the proceedings.

Court proceedings take time and I correct myself when I become impatient. The fact is that Help Save the Next Girl, law enforcement, and media have finally collaboratively drummed and pushed and agitated until we located the suspect whose DNA says he may be one of the most brutal serial killers in American history. There is no one interested in the cases against Jesse Matthew who does not feel anguish that Hannah Graham was the sacrificial lamb to stop a monster. Everything we have all worked to do was to prevent it being another murder that finally broke this case, but it was another murder, and it was Hannah, and no one will ever stop suffering her loss. God save the Grahams.

Let the part typed in red above, sink in for a minute.

Those are some amazingly strong words and I dont believe they would be uttered without some certainty on her part in regards to the aforementioned allegations, lest her organizations credibility suffer as a result.

Here's a link to Laura French's story on the woman who spotted JM in Galveston.

I remember earlier stories where she mentioned that he may have been taken aback by her resemblance to Hannah. I didn't see that so much then, but watching the video I could see it. It may have been enough at that split second to cause JM to do that slow down and stare. That gave her a good look at his "unmistakable" features and she was determined enough to follow through even after crimestoppers hung up on her (!). Laura says at the end of the report that the woman's local news there in TX were flashing his mugshot every morning. Just a lot of eerie factors that combined to lead to his arrest. JMO.

http://wtvr.com/2015/05/05/karen-monk-jesse-matthew/

Coming out of recent lurkdom after hearing this news. I'm so ecstatic I cant sit still! I probably should not be so thrilled. There will be justice for Hannah and Morgan! - I feel it... and I pray for answers to other missing or unsolved cases...

Given that the Harringtons and the Grahams were present in the court room today, I doubt LE would employ that tactic. Not without their full knowledge and cooperation.

I am not sure how the families being in the courtroom means LE is not trying to get JM to agree to a plea deal?

ABC News is saying the Grahams weren't there:

Graham's parents didn't attend the hearing, and Lunsford declined to talk about her conversations with them leading up to the new charge.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/capital-murder-indictment-returned-uva-slaying-case-30827543

I am so glad that the woman who was persistent is gettting a reward. Yes!!!

I wonder why they say he is one of the most brutal serial killers?

There are so many that come to mind.

That we know of, he is only associated with two. Are there more that he is for which he will be exposed?

That we know of, he is only associated with two. Are there more that he is for which he will be exposed?

I think that is just hyperbole. The woman who wrote it is the VP of "Help Save the Next Girl"---not exactly the most unbiased, non-emotionally invested source.

I don't know, but Kenny J with HSTNG posted "tip of the iceburg" yesterday in conjunction with the capital murder upgrade on the Help Find MDH fb page.

More excellent coverage from Laura. There is a 3rd, unidentified Norfolk lawyer, on the defense team, and the judge denied JM's request to have Camblos as a 4th.

Also, JM's girlfriend was apparently there in court as well with his family. Wow.

http://wtvr.com/2015/05/05/jesse-matthew-trial-date-hearing-capitol-murder/

Agreed, Laura, especially, and many reporters have been a boon to this story and getting the truth out. Great standards of local coverage across the board pretty much in Hannah Graham's case. It has been a lesson to me about press coverage. Thank you Hoosgirl, for all the updates, and 4 Free Speech for the media thread updates as well. Grateful and nice to see y'all and progress toward justice moving ahead.

Continued prayers and hopes for justice for all other possible victims, may they rest in peace and their families have answers.

Jesse Matthew Jr. to face capital murder charge in U.Va student Hannah Graham’s death
Laura French and Jake Burns, report, for CBS 6 News, May 5th, '15,

Is the Texas video available yet?

I am wondering if there is any sort of tension regarding the decision to upgrade to capital murder. The Grahams are from a country that doesn't have the DP. The prosecutor wouldn't give a comment on how they felt about it. Another article I read said that the decision to upgrade to capital murder has to do with new info found out in Feb, and is not because the Grahams' opinion changed. If the Grahams were against the DP when Hannah was found, would their opinion really change 3-4 months later? Even if it was found out that Hannah was given a date rape drug and likely raped (Would it really take that long to find that out?), they would have to think that was a very likely possibility when she was first found. The Grahams sound pretty anti-DP to me.

Here's a link to Laura French's story on the woman who spotted JM in Galveston.

I remember earlier stories where she mentioned that he may have been taken aback by her resemblance to Hannah. I didn't see that so much then, but watching the video I could see it. It may have been enough at that split second to cause JM to do that slow down and stare. That gave her a good look at his "unmistakable" features and she was determined enough to follow through even after crimestoppers hung up on her (!). Laura says at the end of the report that the woman's local news there in TX were flashing his mugshot every morning. Just a lot of eerie factors that combined to lead to his arrest. JMO.

http://wtvr.com/2015/05/05/karen-monk-jesse-matthew/
Bumping for you, FindHG, for Galveston story.

Bumping for you, FindHG, for Galveston story.

Thank you, Hoosgirl, for the link and news of it. Neat to see Ms. Karen Monk get recognition and support for being the one to catch him, amazing, thorough, eye-catching, and moving great stuff. What stupendous luck it was her! Four point two miles indeed, the presence of mind and follow-through she had that day that put him in that cell. WOW!!!

Meet the woman whose call led to capital murder suspect Jesse Matthew Jr.
by Laura French, CBS 6, 10:06 am, May 6th, '15

Karen Monk on the beach standing tall.jpg *
State of Texas recognition of Karen Monk - Edited.jpg
Where he was camped out.jpg
Ms. Karen Monk where she saw him.jpg
Ms. French in Bolivar - Edited.jpg

It's interesting to me how if we heard about parents who wanted the DP for their child's killer, and the prosecution first decided to go for it, but then changed their mind, there would be outrage and sympathy here, but in this scenario, where it's the complete opposite, there's silence.

Re: the sentence about one of the most brutal serial killers. I live in the DC/MD/VA area and the people I've talked to who live in VA all have long suspected that a serial killer has been operating there for many years. About once every year or so, a girl goes missing.

It's interesting to me how if we heard about parents who wanted the DP for their child's killer, and the prosecution first decided to go for it, but then changed their mind, there would be outrage and sympathy here, but in this scenario, where it's the complete opposite, there's silence.
I'm not sure we know for a fact that the Grahams are against the death penalty? I know there was speculation that was part of the reasoning behind only charging with 1st degree back in February, but I didn't see the prosecutor say anything other than she had discussed it with them and the Harringtons prior to announcing and that she considered the impact on them, the community, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3
Back