JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why this guys IQ even comes into the discussion. He is obviously not smart, I would say probably not even street wise. JM has been linked to 3 major crimes and looking at the particulars of each I don't see some criminal mastermind, in fact I see quite the opposite. The Fairfax assault he pulled a girl off the street, got interrupted by a neighbor and left DNA. With Morgan he again left DNA and with HG he picks his victim out in public in front of lots of witnesses and cameras. The fact this man has gotten away with these, and probably others, I doubt has much to do with intelligence and more to do with luck, and the fact it's quite hard for LE to find an assailant who is a complete stranger to his victims.
He seems to be an opportunistic murderer. He just happened upon Morgan and Hannah. Opportunity knocked. He's more lucky than clever it seems. Having said that....off to read more about the Fairfax rape.

He strikes me as a rather average - above average man. He was a second year university student, successfully held a job as a cab driver for 3 years, successfully held a job in the hospital and was recently promoted. He knows how to do the right thing when he wants to.

JLM apparently studied psychology as a university student — rather than something less directly intellectual, like sports management, for example.

It seems as though he might have even learned a thing or two — about how to con people into believing him, spotting a potential victim, etc. That's a sign of a certain kind of intelligence, on top of having eluded capture despite several serious, very high profile crimes.

Plus:

— He taunted / misdirected police by placing MH's Pantera shirt in a place where it would be easily found, very far from her body.

— Managed to get / stay employed despite his rap sheet.

— Is familiar with court procedure; i.e., obtained a lawyer instead of speaking to LE; requested to be freed on bond upon capture in Galveston; has had prior charges dropped by negotiating with the victim.

— Fled from authorities by going where they least suspected (TX instead of the Northeast where he has known associates/family), after trying to purchase a different vehicle (albeit unsuccessfully.)

— Seems to understand the need for getting rid of evidence and technology (disabling phones, etc.)

-------------

He was never going to be a MacArthur Genius Award recipient, of course. He's just a run-of-the-mill, evil, opportunistic, brutal psychopath who used physical strength over others to his advantage. But there's no way he could be considered incompetent, imho.

I am just worried this useless PD who has failed to solve all these cases for so long is trying to pile on and fabricate evidence to close other cases. I am not impressed at the chiefs longos handling of this case.

Do you honestly believe that? If they tie these cases by DNA that cannot be fabricated. I see nothing showing me they are trying to fabricate anything. Anytime it is discovered that an arrested suspect is linked to multiple crimes LE always delves into other unsolved cases and they would be remiss in their duties if they did not do so.

Longo is not over the investigation in some of these missing person cases or unsolved cases. The VA-State Police was over the Harrington case and other unsolved cases were in other jurisdictions.

Longo has done what no other law enforcement jurisdiction was able to do for almost 10 year since the brutal rape in 2005. He had JM in custody within two weeks of Hannah going missing. He has done an outstanding job. Totally outstanding. From minute one he poured on the heat against JM. Because he kept Hannah's case in the news on a national level was the reason the lady on the beach recognized JM.

And because of that arrest two other unsolved crimes now have already been linked to the same suspect by DNA.

I have found Longo to be one of the best PC's I have ever seen. I have nothing but admiration for this man and the compassion and drive he shows.

BBM..I have seen several posts regarding him trying to purchase another car, do you happen to have a link for it?

— Fled from authorities by going where they least suspected (TX instead of the Northeast where he has known associates/family), after trying to purchase a different vehicle (albeit unsuccessfully.)

-------------

He was never going to be a MacArthur Genius Award recipient, of course. He's just a run-of-the-mill, evil, opportunistic, brutal psychopath who used physical strength over others to his advantage. But there's no way he could be considered incompetent, imho.[/QUOTE]

I wondered this as well. Perhaps during the search of JM's apartment and car, LE found a gun that matched the caliber used in Heidi Childs and David Metzler's murders.

Moonchime, I am not the one who originally made that comment. I don't know much about the Childs/Metzler case. What is odd there though, is apparently they have DNA evidence, which presumably could not be matched to anything in the system.

You can't crush bones that way. The only way would be being run over by a heavy vehicle, or something like that. Crushed and fractured are different things.

I just want to add my 2 cents here. I'm an ortho nurse and imo, the only way to really tell if the fractures happened peri/post mortum would be if her remains showed any signs of healing. When a bone is immed broken the body will send cells to that area( if the person is alive) and the only way to know that would be microscopic viewing. You can't just look at the bones and state when they were fractured. If say she was injured and then death occured a few hours later then there would be obvious signs of healing. But if something happened to her after death ME would have to look at her bones to actually determine that. And imo, if her bones were really crushed that would take some heavy beating or if she was beat with something (hammer or bat). A crushing injury usually occurs with heavy machinery. Anyway you look at it MH suffered and I am glad this monster is locked up. I hope HG is found and her family can lay her to rest.

@AugensteinWTOP: Attorney for #JesseMatthew says tomw's bond hearing for allegedly abducting #HannahGraham is postponed to Dec. 4

@AugensteinWTOP: Attorney for #JesseMatthew says tomw's bond hearing for allegedly abducting #HannahGraham is postponed to Dec. 4

What on earth.... that is crazy far-off. My guess is that it's b/c of all of the other new findings? That people are now trying to get a more complex case put together?

What on earth.... that is crazy far-off. My guess is that it's b/c of all of the other new findings? That people are now trying to get a more complex case put together?

My first reaction was What?! Why??

Maybe you're right, maybe they want to up the charges and need time to prepare paperwork. But that's over 2 months away. Sheesh.

Would they postpone it because his attorney is not requesting he be released on bond? The report linked below states that his attorney is not asking for him to be released on bond. Maybe someone who has more experience with bond hearings will chime in on this. All I can think of is that they don't have the money or assets to post bond anyway.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/jes...ont-ask-for-bond-at-thursday-hearing/28352766

Would they postpone it because his attorney is not requesting he be released on bond? The report linked below states that his attorney is not asking for him to be released on bond. Maybe someone who has more experience with bond hearings will chime in on this. All I can think of is that they don't have the money or assets to post bond anyway.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/jes...ont-ask-for-bond-at-thursday-hearing/28352766

Thanks. Well I just hopped over to the "charges" thread and they are discussing it there. Someone mentioned that lawyer probably didn't ask for bond b/c he's a proven flight risk/fugitive. That seems to make sense to me. But yes, if he's not going anywhere anyway, I guess they can push it out while they get more evidence in and collect more data for potentially much larger accusations.

I think they want to find her before they charge the intent to abduction. jmo

The delay in the bond hearing is actually good for both sides. Gives LE and the Prosecution more time to build the case and it gives the Defense more time to bargain a deal or HOPE nothing new comes up in the mean time and then actually ask for bail.

Makes me kinda actually think JLM told his attorney they will never find HG without his help.

I'm not sure why this guys IQ even comes into the discussion. He is obviously not smart, I would say probably not even street wise. JM has been linked to 3 major crimes and looking at the particulars of each I don't see some criminal mastermind, in fact I see quite the opposite. The Fairfax assault he pulled a girl off the street, got interrupted by a neighbor and left DNA. With Morgan he again left DNA and with HG he picks his victim out in public in front of lots of witnesses and cameras. The fact this man has gotten away with these, and probably others, I doubt has much to do with intelligence and more to do with luck, and the fact it's quite hard for LE to find an assailant who is a complete stranger to his victims.

I agree that he isn't smart, but at the same time some of the people that knew him and some posters have made him out to be the village idiot and I don't believe that either. He was smart enough to get out of highschool and do some college. He also seem to be respected by his peers, he was co-captain of the football team etc. so he couldn't of been a total bumbling idiot. I would like to emphasize that i agree %1000 percent with the sentence I bolded. I just saying I don't think he is so dumb that he can justify claiming some sort of diminished capacity, either legally or morally.

Thanks. It seems that when someone like Jesse is connected to a missing woman and a murdered woman, the talking heads go a bit nuts and omit the facts in order to link him to all missing women cases. All it does is muddy the water, get a few headlines, and then the people that muddied the water find some other story to sensationalize.

The fact that Jamisha Gilbert is mentioned in stories along side Morgan Harrington perfectly demonstrates that. Jamisha's disappearance was a serious mystery until her body was found, and then it was clear that she was simply incapacitated (drugs), had been in a vehicle accident, wandered away, became disoriented, and died of hypothermia.

i mostly agree but with JG I think a lot of people (not me) think the case was fishy because of how she was found and the fact that paradoxical undressing is a very foreign concept for the average person.

I wonder why they suspect a link to the shooting deaths of Heidi Childs and David Metzler. It doesn't seem to fit his MO

i think the media just wants to stir the pot and the LE agency has to say they are at least looking at it otherwise people hammer the hell out of them because they aren't following all leads. Plus if there is DNA in that case (i have no idea) then even though its a 1,000,000 to 1 shot why not compare it.

I agree that he isn't smart, but at the same time some of the people that knew him and some posters have made him out to be the village idiot and I don't believe that either. He was smart enough to get out of highschool and do some college. He also seem to be respected by his peers, he was co-captain of the football team etc. so he couldn't of been a total bumbling idiot. I would like to emphasize that i agree %1000 percent with the sentence I bolded. I just saying I don't think he is so dumb that he can justify claiming some sort of diminished capacity, either legally or morally.

I agree with you... but some one here were characterizing him quite the opposite.. as cleaver and/or calculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor