JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto ElleyMae's post. You may well be correct, MidgeC; probably you are. On the other hand, Longo really, really wanted to arrest JM right away but couldn't get the CA to agree. Maybe (ok, long shot) after JM decides to run after the speeding warrant, that was enough to get CA to give Longo the arrest warrant he wanted for intent to defile. I just do not think LE has as much evidence as they are leading us to believe. And now Longo saying he thinks Hannah may still be alive?
If LE didn't have something serious going on, I do believe JM and his lawyer would be invoking their right to a speedy trial. jmo

I want to know where Hanna is...also would like to know what north eastern states he has visited.

Would love to know what LE found in his room... Poor girl...hope they find her soon so her parents can grieve.

So sad...what a waste. You know I have known a few people in my time that I wondered if they could be secretly bad...just by their behavior or things they say, but that's the thing, you can't just accuse, you can't really know or do anything a about it.

I think it's interesting that his parents moved him to the country to keep him out of trouble..this tells me they have awareness of his nature. IMO

At the time he fled, local LE did not have the forensic results back from their search of his car and apartment. If I had to guess, the forensic evidence was what gave them enough probable cause to issue the arrest warrant. Think it was mostly just timing.

I am not going to complain about LE efforts in this-- they caught a guy who imo is most likely guilty and did it within 2 weeks.

2005 Rape Suspect Sketch> 2009/2010 FBI BAU2 Profile of MH's abductor> 2009 JM employed by a Charlottesville Taxi Cab Service>

JM's dna was entered into CODIS in 2005 and Jesse Mathews was hiding in plain sight behind his evil mask of normalcy, imo. JM was oblivious to law enforcement and was allowed/enabled to continue preying on unsuspecting innocent victims for Nine Years. This is Unacceptable, imo...

"Without public safety for our family, friends, and loved ones, we have nothing"...

At the time he fled, local LE did not have the forensic results back from their search of his car and apartment. If I had to guess, the forensic evidence was what gave them enough probable cause to issue the arrest warrant. Think it was mostly just timing.

I am not going to complain about LE efforts in this-- they caught a guy who imo is most likely guilty and did it within 2 weeks.

JM's dna was entered into CODIS in 2005 and Jesse Mathews was hiding in plain sight behind his evil mask of normalcy, imo. JM was oblivious to law enforcement and was allowed/enabled to continue preying on unsuspecting innocent victims for Nine Years. This is Unacceptable, imo...
"Without public safety for our family, friends, and loved ones, we have nothing"...

Well, if you want to blame someone, then you should blame VA State Police. Charlottesville PD had no jurisdiction over the MH case.

Ditto ElleyMae's post. You may well be correct, MidgeC; probably you are. On the other hand, Longo really, really wanted to arrest JM right away but couldn't get the CA to agree. Maybe (ok, long shot) after JM decides to run after the speeding warrant, that was enough to get CA to give Longo the arrest warrant he wanted for intent to defile. I just do not think LE has as much evidence as they are leading us to believe. And now Longo saying he thinks Hannah may still be alive?

LE suspected that Hannah's disappearance might be connected to Morgan's case early on. That alone would have made Longo pretty intent on coming up with any charge against JLM, just to keep him from disappearing. And rightfully so, ihmo, given the danger posed — to self and others — by this suspect.

The speeding charges were put into place in an attempt to keep him local while lab results were still pending; as soon as forensics came back, the abduction w/intent to defile charge was made. I believe LE finally got some evidence against him that would allow for an arrest. Unfortunately by then, JLM was on his way to the beach. But with the felony charge in hand, LE was able to file a federal fugitive from justice charge against JLM that led to his being held w/o bond in TX and extradited back to VA.

Bet LE knew about the DNA match w/MH perp by then, too, since they must have collected JLM's DNA during the car & apt searches.

Longo has to believe that Hannah may still be alive until proven otherwise, and I continue to hope against hope that that will be the case. It's also a way to keep people motivated to call in tips / info and help look for her. At the same time, it's clear that many of searches are focused on outdoor areas where her body might have been hidden.

Well, if you want to blame someone, then you should blame VA State Police. Charlottesville PD had no jurisdiction over the MH case.

Jurisdictional Linkage Blindness?
The Morgan Harrington investigation was Local, State, and Federal... No one gets a pass, imo..

I understand the trafficking angle, but if that was his thing Morgan would not have been found with his DNA in my opinion. Sure it could have been a grab gone bad but, that and the 2005 rape makes me think he was on his own fulfilling his own sadistic needs.

]LE suspected that Hannah's disappearance might be connected to Morgan's case early on. That alone would have made Longo pretty intent on coming up with any charge against JLM, just to keep him from disappearing.[/B] And rightfully so, ihmo, given the danger posed — to self and others — by this suspect.

The speeding charges were put into place in an attempt to keep him local while lab results were still pending; as soon as forensics came back, the abduction w/intent to defile charge was made. I believe LE finally got some evidence against him that would allow for an arrest. Unfortunately by then, JLM was on his way to the beach. But with the felony charge in hand, LE was able to file a federal fugitive from justice charge against JLM that led to his being held w/o bond in TX and extradited back to VA.

Bet LE knew about the DNA match w/MH perp by then, too, since they must have collected JLM's DNA during the car & apt searches.

Longo has to believe that Hannah may still be alive until proven otherwise, and I continue to hope against hope that that will be the case. It's also a way to keep people motivated to call in tips / info and help look for her. At the same time, it's clear that many of searches are focused on outdoor areas where her body might have been hidden.

My guess is that Longo suspected JM before the CPD made the Sal's Pizza and Tuel's videos public. Doing that was a tactical decision, to borrow a phrase.

In order to get a DNA match in CODIS, a LE official must constantly submit the DNA profile and search for a match. It isn't something where they can submit it and automatically be contacted when a match occurs later on. This was shown in the case of Krystal Baker/Kevin Smith in Chambers Cnty., TX.

I agree that he isn't smart, but at the same time some of the people that knew him and some posters have made him out to be the village idiot and I don't believe that either. He was smart enough to get out of highschool and do some college. He also seem to be respected by his peers, he was co-captain of the football team etc. so he couldn't of been a total bumbling idiot. I would like to emphasize that i agree %1000 percent with the sentence I bolded. I just saying I don't think he is so dumb that he can justify claiming some sort of diminished capacity, either legally or morally.

Oh I agree with you 100%. My point, while maybe not well worded, was that there are some making him out to be as you said the village idiot and others believe he is some criminal mastermind. I don't believe he is either, I'd put him coming in around at your typical high functioning idiot that we all meet everyday.

Oh I agree with you 100%. My point, while maybe not well worded, was that there are some making him out to be as you said the village idiot and others believe he is some criminal mastermind. I don't believe he is either, I'd put him coming in around at your typical high functioning idiot that we all meet everyday.

<on the liter side>

'So, we've met huh'?

IMO he certainly didn't make it to his tent beachfront home all on his own. Somebody provided the alledged:rolleyes: kidnapper/murderer with a lot of money ( gas and food) and a vehicle maybe even a tent, blankeee, pillow.

Why hasn't he been charged with fleeing an arrest warrant? Did he steal his sister/Mom's car to run or have their blessing, with a moneybag and freshly made collard greens from Grandma?

ETA: With his arrest, IMO there's a whole bunch of safe young women. But still stay AWARE!!! Buddy system only.

Totally agree with be aware. We can't live our lives in fear and in a bubble, but with statistics like "1 out of every 6 American women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime. Among all victims, about nine out of ten are female." -- makes me feel the world is very much a dangerous place, indeed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ttaylor21318