JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Harringtons are both medical professionals and were given the autopsy report by LE. It is probably safe to assume that if they say MH's bones were broken prior to her death, which they have described as brutal and sadistic, that is probably an accurate statement.

I agree. I really don't think they would want to believe something so vicious if they did not have evidence of it.

The way I see it, both statements by media about the farmer are true. He did have beef cattle. I remember seeing them on video and photos. He also had over 700 acres of land!!! That's HUGE! IMO, he did go out and feed the cattle, either putting new mineral barrels out, or haying, or both. He then rode the tractor to check the fences, and found Morgan. No way he could have walked that entire property, so riding the tractor makes the most sense. And if he found trees on the fence line, he could use the tractor to remove them and then mend the fences. Makes sense. I think that's what happened.

Well we know JM drives like a maniac, if she threw herself out of a car, he went back and got her...but then...how would he carry her up there ? A dead or unconscious body is very heavy, although he is an orderly, correct? So he knows how to manage..wonder if there is road access close by?

Still...I feel as though they know already that scenario is not the case... Imo

I agree. I really don't think they would want to believe something so vicious if they did not have evidence of it.

I am sure they do believe what they say. I would just like to hear something from LE. I don't see how autopsy results or a COD can harm the case, but jmo.

I am sure they do believe what they say. I would just like to hear something from LE. I don't see how autopsy results or a COD can harm the case, but jmo.

Wouldn't the autopsy report belong to the Harringtons? I wouldn't want to have that in the public if it was my child.

Wouldn't the autopsy report belong to the Harringtons? I wouldn't want to have that in the public if it was my child.

In a trial, I don't think they would have a choice. You almost always hear from the medical examiner in a murder trial, to explain how cause of death was determined, etc. It is often said that a murder takes away the privacy of all concerned.

In a trial, I don't think they would have a choice. You almost always hear from the medical examiner in a murder trial, to explain how cause of death was determined, etc. It is often said that a murder takes away the privacy of all concerned.

If JM goes to trial for the kidnapping and murder of MH the ME's autopsy report will almost without a doubt be entered into evidence by the prosecution.

I understand that, and at THAT point of course, but not before. JMO

Well we know JM drives like a maniac, if she threw herself out of a car, he went back and got her...but then...how would he carry her up there ? A dead or unconscious body is very heavy, although he is an orderly, correct? So he knows how to manage..wonder if there is road access close by?

Still...I feel as though they know already that scenario is not the case... Imo

I don't believe he was an orderly back then, though I could be mistaken. Either way though, patient transporters are moving patients on gurneys, wheeled hospital beds, or wheelchairs. They aren't carrying dead bodies or unconscious patients, at least not for long distances or without a team lift. Employee safety is a huge concern for hospitals and barring some sort of unforeseen emergency like a fire, he wouldn't be allowed or expected to carry people on his own.

MO, based on my experience in healthcare administration managing a hospital unit and earning my Masters in Healthcare Administration a few months ago.

I understand that, and at THAT point of course, but not before. JMO

I agree there is no point, though very often we DO see autopsy reports here on WS, sometimes within a week of the murder and very often we are told cause of death. Not sure why some hold back the info. Also, Morgan's parents have been talking about it for years. So,it does make me wonder why it is being kept back, but jmo.

Morgan Harrington's story was covered in the May 2010 issue of Cosmopolitan Magazine. In the last paragraph of the 4 page article--I found this interesting.(At the time of this article, the release of Sketch had not been made public.)

From Cosmopolitan magazine--page 205--May 2010 issue, article written by Kimberly Goad:

Here is a link to the article which is online: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/advice/a3534/morgan-harrington-disappearance/

When Morgan's mother saw the condition of her daughter's remains, there was a measure of relief in realizing what law enforcement suspected: She hadn't lived long after being abducted.~~~~~~~~~~~~

This makes me wonder why LE is stating they believe that HG may still be alive.

It seems to be fairly standard proactice for police to state that they are looking for missing persons, or to affirm that they are hoping to find a living Hannah. Until there is proof that Hannah is deceased, there will be hope. At the same time, police know what we know, and that is that if Hannah was alive, she would have connected with her parents. Hannah is not alive, but police cannot rule out hope and so they state that they are looking for a missing person: Hannah, who may still be alive.

We know that she is no longer alive. Her parents know that she is no longer alive. Police know that she is no longer alive.

Why did Jesse Matthew target young women that were from affluent homes, were well travelled, were kind, were knowledgeable, were educated, and who were so far out of his league? Why did he want to so badly hurt women that wouldn't give him a second look on a normal day.

What did Jesse say, or do, to Hannah to cause her to accompany him to Tempo? Did he simply throw his arms around her, grope her torso, guide her into Tempo, offer her a beer ... and then what happened? I've read that her phone went dead at 1:30AM. That was the time that she was in Tempo with Jesse. Morgan's phone was found a day after she vanished - almost in a "throwing off scent" location, ... and then Hannah's phone went dead when she was supposedly in Tempo with Jesse.

Earlier in the evening he pulled a hamstring on a man that he'd never met before because he was showing his wrestling moves. He also lifted two women off the ground and wouldn't leave their feet alone. What did he do with Hannah in that bar? The owner describes Tempo as having a "jovial" atmosphere. What sort of "jovial" thing was Jesse doing with Hannah at 1:30AM in Tempo where he shut down her phone? What happened 10 minutes later when he was seen carrying her, in a way that made it look like she was walking (incapacitated), onto the street? Where was the bouncer when she entered, when she left ... don't the staff keep an eye on things? They're serving alcohol, after all.

I agree there is no point, though very often we DO see autopsy reports here on WS, sometimes within a week of the murder and very often we are told cause of death. Not sure why some hold back the info. Also, Morgan's parents have been talking about it for years. So,it does make me wonder why it is being kept back, but jmo.

Every state is different. Florida has very liberal Sunshine Laws for example. Virginia like a lot of other states will not release the autopsy report during an active LE investigation.

I posted information on this the other day showing the differences by state and the laws specific to Virginia.

Otto, apparently Tempo doesn't keep an eye on things...or at least won't admit to it! They won't even admit that Hannah was inside the establishment with JM that night. They say she waited for JM outside - which I think is BULL. Others have placed her inside, but none of the staff there will admit they saw Hannah inside and that is damn shame because someone could probably provide some useful information -but no - they are in COA mode. Damn shame. A young woman is missing and they are tight lipped and denying Hannah was ever inside.

Here's something else I recently learned about DNA evidence. Not all DNA evidence is in a suitable format to be entered into CODIS; so LE can't exclusively rely on CODIS matches for DNA collected at crime scenes. That's about all I really know about the subject, but I suspect we will be hearing about it a lot more in the months to come.

Thanks MidgeC, I didn't realize that! That's really great info!

My only speculation is that it was a very odd manner of death, or, that it is strikingly similar to another case that they do not have enough evidence yet to connect.

Otto, apparently Tempo doesn't keep an eye on things...or at least won't admit to it! They won't even admit that Hannah was inside the establishment with JM that night. They say she waited for JM outside - which I think is BULL. Others have placed her inside, but none of the staff there will admit they saw Hannah inside and that is damn shame because someone could probably provide some useful information -but no - they are in COA mode. Damn shame. A young woman is missing and they are tight lipped and denying Hannah was ever inside.
I hate to sound juvenile or be a jerk about this, but if I were in C'Ville, i would certainly attempt a boycott against Tempo until they can step up to the plate and be honest and HELP this case. They should be losing more revenue off their behavior in this case than they would if they were cited for Hannah being in there. Tempo is the last place she was seen and holds, IMO, a great deal of information on this case. I would be ashamed to be a patron at this point.

You know, I hope Hannah's DNA was in Tempo, and LE found it!!! I know it would be difficult to do, but one can hope. At least one witness DID go to police and say Hannah was with JM in Tempo! So, then Tempo says nah, it was another girl, older and shorter than Hannah but with a crop top on and sitting at the bar! Soooo I wonder where the witness said they were sitting??? At the bar???? Hmmmm!!!!!

Oh Hannah so many are working so hard to find you!!!

How long has video surveillance been in place at Sal's Pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak