JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just maybe if LE had released the information that MH was seen getting into a cab, people would have noticed things about cab drivers they knew that might not have gotten their attention otherwise. According to another post here on WebSleuths, there were 20 cabbies on duty that day/night--that's a very small pool of possible suspects. If JM was involved, I am having a very hard time understanding how he slipped under their radar for all these years. Or, maybe the story about MH getting into a cab is not accurate...

Yes, it would not have taken much to look into the backgrounds of the 20 cab drivers, and then they would find out that JM was expelled from 2 schools for sexual assault.

Longo says they will use unlimited resources to find Hannah. Unfortunately, there was a limit to how many resources they would use for Morgan.

I'm not aware that anything has been released saying that JM's DNA has been matched to the DNA in CODIS for the 2005 rape or anything else. Yet.
I think all we have so far, publicly, is a JM "forensic link" to MH. And unnamed LE telling CNN that means DNA. But not linked to the 2005 case. Yet.
IMO.

From what I have read thus far he is linked by DNA to Morgan and to the 2005 rape.

Just maybe if LE had released the information that MH was seen getting into a cab, people would have noticed things about cab drivers they knew that might not have gotten their attention otherwise. According to another post here on WebSleuths, there were 20 cabbies on duty that day/night--that's a very small pool of possible suspects. If JM was involved, I am having a very hard time understanding how he slipped under their radar for all these years. Or, maybe the story about MH getting into a cab is not accurate...

Gosh, I NEVER heard it confirmed MG had gotten into a cab that night.. never. I definitely remember speculation that she could have (even LE asking for people who may have seen her get into a vehicle to come forward), but never heard it confirmed. If LE definitively knew this, I agree that would be a very hard pill to swallow. I'd have to think therefore LE could not actually confirm the cab story.

I remember at the time of speculation about who or what Morgan left with/in, I thought, "Of course she didn't get into a cab. That would be safe and would be very easy to track down..." :(

I can only reply with what I recall, as a local. I recall there was speculation that one explanation was that perhaps she got in a cab, as she was looking for a way to get home. Another was that she hitchhiked. Another was that she was abducted (of course no one thought abducted by a cab driver).

A Google search of news reports at the time would provide that information, however.

How did he manage to kill every missing woman in Virginia between 2009 and 2014? It doesn't sound like LE had their eye on him at all. Either they knew he was a threat to the public and did not do anything about it, or they thought nothing suspicious about him until the camera footage.

Can you clarify? I don't think there is evidence that JM killed every missing woman in Va between 2009- 2014. Certainly at least not at this point.

Isnt this all coming from the cab owner now?

I am not sure how credible he really is now that he already knows JM is linked to Morgan's case.

Because in all the years I have kept up with Morgan's case I have never heard anyone speak out saying they knew she got a ride in a cab. Have you?

IMO

Yes, it would not have taken much to look into the backgrounds of the 20 cab drivers, and then they would find out that JM was expelled from 2 schools for sexual assault.

I'm not sure they would have. That information seems to have been protected, and the schools were even reluctant to come forward now and are only providing information to LE, not to the public or the media. I can't recall what reason they've given, though, but someone here undoubtedly knows more than I.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post

JM's dna was entered into CODIS in 2005 and Jesse Mathews was hiding in plain sight behind his evil mask of normalcy, imo. JM was oblivious to law enforcement and was allowed/enabled to continue preying on unsuspecting innocent victims for nine years. This is Unacceptable, imo...

Did I miss that in the press? I read that he was not in DNA database until HG; that is what broke case open.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...an-harrington-killer/morgan-harrington_060412
Help Us Catch a Killer
Unknown Offender Linked by DNA in Two Separate Cases

DNA recovered in the Harrington case was linked to an unknown offender in a September 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax City. A 26-year-old woman was attacked at night while walking home from a grocery store. The offender was scared away by a passerby—but the victim got a good look at him, enabling a Fairfax City Police artist to produce a sketch of the attacker.

“It was a remarkable break to get the DNA match,” said FBI Special Agent Jane Collins. The forensic evidence linked the two cases, so now we have a face to put with the suspect in the Harrington case. The suspect is described as an African-American male with black hair and facial hair (at the time of the 2005 attack). He is approximately 6 feet tall and was believed to be between the ages of 25 and 35 years old at the time of the Fairfax City assault.

Can you clarify? I don't think there is evidence that JM killed every missing woman in Va between 2009- 2014. Certainly at least not at this point.

I agree. I don't think he murdered every missing woman in the area but I do believe he murdered at least once every year after murdering Morgan especially when he wasn't caught. I think once he graduated from brutal rapes to rape and murder he wanted to do it over and over again.

It is hard to solve missing person cases especially when the perp has no familiar link with the victim. We see it all the time right here with cold cases.

IMO

From what I have read thus far he is linked by DNA to Morgan and to the 2005 rape.

Do you have a link to anything saying JM's DNA is tied to the 2005 Fairfax rape? I haven't read that anywhere.
A DNA link to MH isn't necessarily a DNA link to the 2005 case.
TIA.

So LE sees the video of Hannah that night. Do they recognize him right away? Or do they find out his name, realize they questioned him for Morgan's disappearance and start putting the pieces together?

I don't know why people say that LE is quiet. We constantly have updates and leaks in this case.

I doubt if he owned the cab.

It could be LE contacted the owner and he had it. I hope it hasn't been in use all of this time.

I hate junk cars out n fields, but if this is the case, yipee!

Do you have a link to anything saying JM's DNA is tied to the 2005 Fairfax rape? I haven't read that anywhere.
TIA.

I think the general point that some are making is that no, none of us here know exact DNA specifics or what "forensic evidence" is necessarily meaning right now (only LE knows), but that there is a strong likelihood there is a DNA connection of JM with respect to the HG case that matched him to DNA in CODIS. Which was put into the system back in '05 and matched in '09. The transitive property if you will. Excellent quick recap by Foxfire above IMO.

At least this is my opinion about the DNA links...

TIA.

Foxfire just put the link up Momn.

That is when the composite sketch was done by the victim in the 2005 rape and is a dead ringer for JM. IMO

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...an-harrington-killer/morgan-harrington_060412
Help Us Catch a Killer
Unknown Offender Linked by DNA in Two Separate Cases

DNA recovered in the Harrington case was linked to an unknown offender in a September 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax City. A 26-year-old woman was attacked at night while walking home from a grocery store. The offender was scared away by a passerby—but the victim got a good look at him, enabling a Fairfax City Police artist to produce a sketch of the attacker.

“It was a remarkable break to get the DNA match,” said FBI Special Agent Jane Collins. The forensic evidence linked the two cases, so now we have a face to put with the suspect in the Harrington case. The suspect is described as an African-American male with black hair and facial hair (at the time of the 2005 attack). He is approximately 6 feet tall and was believed to be between the ages of 25 and 35 years old at the time of the Fairfax City assault.

Here is the link again that Foxfire put up stating the 2005 rape and Morgan's murderer are linked.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member