JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Conductor for the different link.

Not to keep protracting the DNA/shirt/body/Fairfax thing, but even this new article doesn't give a valid claim that the DNA on the t-shirt linked to Fairfax. The only mention of it is regarding a man named Barfield, who is/was a retired police sergeant. In the article he speculates as to what he thought the forensic evidence may be. He wasn't an insider in the investigation- purely speculation on his part.

In any case, like I said, it's been shown there was DNA from MH's body that was matched to Fairfax. Whether shirt had perp's dna on it or not is pretty much irrelevant IMO.

Not to be a PIA, where does it say DNA is from MH's remains. I believe you, and I seem to recall reading that there was not adequate sampling through her remains. We need a stick listing all resources. There may be one in the MH Forum.

Not to be obnoxious but Morgan's mom says a lot in the press that can be confusing. She will sometimes state that she is privy too the autopsy. Makes it really hard to establish fact. She is emotional which ga! I can understand but sometimes her statements are based on instinct, anguish, and love for her daughter. I respect that, but it confuses the heck out of me!

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/90958329.html

<snipped>
"Morgan Harrington's DNA was on the Pantera shirt a Charlottesville resident found right outside an apartment complex on the corner of 15th Street and Grady Avenue, according to police. "

" Geller could not comment on whether anyone else's DNA was also on the shirt."

Whether there was any DNA other than Morgans on the t=shirt has never been confirmed or denied by LE. We do not know if comments about other DNA on the t-shirt are true or not

Exactly. I've actually posted that link many times in the last couple of weeks. The two cases are connected because of DNA on Morgan's body. What I don't understand is why the comment about DNA on the shirt keeps coming up. It's not true, and there doesn't appear to be a link suggesting that DNA was found on the shirt, so why is the rumor repeated so often?

I don't know how to say this. . .but the condition of Morgan's body may have nothing to do with the last time she was raped. LE has said her killer revisted the scene. They could have found fresh semen right up until the time she was found in Jan of 2010. Now I have to go take a bleach bath!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I think the profile of Morgan's perp said that she was placed in a location that the perp was familiar with and may revisit - I'll see if I can find a link. I've not seen anything that says that the perp did in fact revisit the site.

I think the profile of Morgan's perp said that she was placed in a location that the perp was familiar with and may revisit - I'll see if I can find a link. I've not seen anything that says that the perp did in fact revisit the site.

I'm on my phone but I'll look for it when I get home. I just read it recently.

Hello, everyone! As a first-time poster, having read much discussion over many threads regarding MH and HG, I must say that I am very impressed with the obvious intelligence, creativity, and compassion demonstrated here. It confirms my faith in the basic goodness of humanity when so many people are not only interested in solving crimes, but are equally determined that justice will be served for these precious young women.

Something has been bothering me, and I don't believe I've seen it addressed recently. My concerns relate to a previous WS post and link, which I'm sorry to say I cannot find. If I make a misstep here due to "unconfirmed rumor" or lack of proper documentation, please delete, and I apologize for any faux pas. The link to which I refer was an open letter written by a recently retired (or retiring) MH investigator. In the letter, he basically implores a person with knowledge of the case to come forward. The investigator alludes to the person with knowledge being burdened by this and also being "nauseated." IIRC, the poster providing the link refers to vomitus from a third party being found at the MH crime scene. Could it be that this is the "forensic link" between JM and MH? This might explain why LE hasn't correlated JM to Fairfax. If there were a clear, singular DNA link between all three cases, why refer to one and not the other? (After all, like others here have mentioned, it's the transitive property: if A=B and B=C, then A=C). LE has chosen not to make the connection to Fairfax, perhaps due to holding things close to the vest, but perhaps due to the possibility that the DNA match there is not JM's. I can't help but think there may be more than one person involved in the case of MH and maybe others as well.

Hello, everyone! As a first-time poster, having read much discussion over many threads regarding MH and HG, I must say that I am very impressed with the obvious intelligence, creativity, and compassion demonstrated here. It confirms my faith in the basic goodness of humanity when so many people are not only interested in solving crimes, but are equally determined that justice will be served for these precious young women.

Something has been bothering me, and I don't believe I've seen it addressed recently. My concerns relate to a previous WS post and link, which I'm sorry to say I cannot find. If I make a misstep here due to "unconfirmed rumor" or lack of proper documentation, please delete, and I apologize for any faux pas. The link to which I refer was an open letter written by a recently retired (or retiring) MH investigator. In the letter, he basically implores a person with knowledge of the case to come forward. The investigator alludes to the person with knowledge being burdened by this and also being "nauseated." IIRC, the poster providing the link refers to vomitus from a third party being found at the MH crime scene. Could it be that this is the "forensic link" between JM and MH? This might explain why LE hasn't correlated JM to Fairfax. If there were a clear, singular DNA link between all three cases, why refer to one and not the other? (After all, like others here have mentioned, it's the transitive property: if A=B and B=C, then A=C). LE has chosen not to make the connection to Fairfax, perhaps due to holding things close to the vest, but perhaps due to the possibility that the DNA match there is not JM's. I can't help but think there may be more than one person involved in the case of MH and maybe others as well.
I have a feeling not linking him to Fairfax at this stage may have to do with not wanting to state it IS DNA evidence (which I think it is) and possibpy not getting Fairfax LE to get on board with the media release of this information. Does anyone know if the Fairfax police might be holding back for a reason?

I'm on my phone but I'll look for it when I get home. I just read it recently.

This is from an older profile, but I know there was something within the last couple of weeks... I'll keep looking...
http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/83584362.html
"- The person(s) responsible in this tragic incident may have been inclined to return to the farm location during a period of increased stress."

Lt. Joe Rader is the investigator - here is the link to his letter:
http://articles.wdbj7.com/2012-11-13/morgan-harrington-murder_35094752

Welcome MtnLaur! i agree with themom. I think it isn't stated by LE that way because of fear of interference in their investigation, but just like a lot of us here have said, it's okay to speculate and assume they are one in the same based on what we do know. We know MH is linked to the fairfax rapist and MH is linked to JM, so IMO it's a matter of connecting the dots. That's what LE does in fact, before they have a definitive link through DNA etc. LE detains people and determines their guilt (in their mind) by basic common knowledge, but LE usually doesn't make an arrest without evidence and they also don't assume the perp is innocent, that is for the judge to do.

Lt. Joe Rader is the investigator - here is the link to his letter:
http://articles.wdbj7.com/2012-11-13/morgan-harrington-murder_35094752

Ok, wow. That is a powerful letter. I hadn't seen it (I stopped closely following the MH case before Rader retired). I am so very interested as to what he is saying with this letter. I wonder if they have proof of someone else involved. Not involved in a "partner" kind of way, but involved in the sense that they know someone was given pertinent information....

Thanks, Heroine! I am usually very hesitant to consider something like this, which on the surface is pretty out-there. Obviously, LE knows MUCH more than we do, and I have enormous respect for them and the job they do. This case perplexes me because it is not falling within expected parameters, and frankly JM is an atypical SK....IMO...

Thanks, Heroine! I am usually very hesitant to consider something like this, which on the surface is pretty out-there. Obviously, LE knows MUCH more than we do, and I have enormous respect for them and the job they do. This case perplexes me because it is not falling within expected parameters, and frankly JM is an atypical SK....IMO...

I agree with you. I've been on WS's for a while now, and every case I have followed has always been the same, they tend to leave out things that are pertinent in drawing conclusions, it's just how LE works I guess, but in the end it's usually what you thought all along, that much, I have noticed.

Is there any LE source that talks about the condition, DNA etc. from Morgan?

Sorry! Though that info was in the other source.

http://www.readthehook.com/67132/morgans-killer-fairfax-case-connection-offers-hope-fresh-fear

As for source validity and quality, Courteney Stuart is a journalist in the area who has extensively covered the Morgan Harrington case. The case is riddled with holes and incomplete information, but shei is the go to source maintaining accuracy. She just appeared on CNN an wrote the piece about all the misinformation on social media. Morgan's parents work closely with her, so I would think that is a stamp of approval. Other than that, I look to what is released by VSP

Thanks. If you come across anything that discusses DNA on the shirt, please quote the comment and post the link.

I don't think it has been established that the hay field is the scene of the crime. Her parents have said her bones were crushed when she was alive. Shudder!

Nor has it been medically established she was raped though think her mom thinks so. There is a wealth of info here on WS in the MH forum!

Truth is no one knows MH's cause of death (her mother says she is murdered, but it is based on her instinct). The medical examiner as of 2010 had not released that info to her parents. They do not have to disclose it if investigation is still open.

http://www.readthehook.com/68819/trail-harringtons-body-creates-new-mysteries-angles

I don't see anything about "crushed bones" in that link. Morgan's parents were at the crime scene and examined the remains, so they know as much as anyone can know about how Morgan died. Regarding broken bones, I remember broken ribs, but maybe there were other broken bones? There is a poem that references broken ribs.

"Grisly Anniversary
When they brought your body back to me
There were just bones to see.
Didn’t look like my baby – Morgan D.
No golden hair, no sparkly eyes
Broken ribs – ugly surprise.
Disposable girl they all said
Skirts too short
Lips’re too red
Askin for it they all said
But what you asked for, screamed for, was mercy and release
Know you got no mercy, pray you found some peace
It’s so hard to do
This life with no you
Saw your friend at a local place
Saw the message on her face
That she’s moved on and we should too
But baby I’m not over the death of you
Gotta shake it off, pity’s no use
We’ve a job to do, still a killer on the loose
It’s another anniversary – not the kind you celebrate
But the kind you sorta hate
Even Hallmark passes here, I’ve looked hard
There’s no “Happy we found your daughter’s body” card
Morgan, I recon a reconing is due
Morgan, he’ll pay for killing you
And have to atone
For every scream – every moan
For each and every fractured bone

Mom
1/26/2012"

http://findmorgan.com/family-blog/gil-harringtons-thought-on-this-grisley-anniversary/

Thanks. If you come across anything that discusses DNA on the shirt, please quote the comment and post the link.
I just came across this old article....

http://www.readthehook.com/89962/harrington-case-air-investigation-discovery

"...The most recent public development is the launch of a familial DNA search, which might determine whether the man whose DNA Morgan was found on the Pantera t-shirt and who brutally raped a woman in Fairfax in 2005, has any immediate family members with DNA is in the state's databank. Such searches were green-lighted in March, and the Harrington family and investigators hope a "hit" will provide a much needed lead...."

Not to be a PIA, where does it say DNA is from MH's remains. I believe you, and I seem to recall reading that there was not adequate sampling through her remains. We need a stick listing all resources. There may be one in the MH Forum.

Not to be obnoxious but Morgan's mom says a lot in the press that can be confusing. She will sometimes state that she is privy too the autopsy. Makes it really hard to establish fact. She is emotional which ga! I can understand but sometimes her statements are based on instinct, anguish, and love for her daughter. I respect that, but it confuses the heck out of me!

BBM

This didn't come from Morgan's mom. It came from her parents.

Investigators will only say that forensic evidence ties the suspect to Morgan Harrington's abduction and murder in Charlottesville. But Harrington's parents confirmed this afternoon it was DNA found on Morgan that matches the suspect in the Fairfax case.

http://www.wlox.com/story/12742496/update-morgan-harringtons-death-linked-to-case-in-fairfax

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/90958329.html

<snipped>
"Morgan Harrington's DNA was on the Pantera shirt a Charlottesville resident found right outside an apartment complex on the corner of 15th Street and Grady Avenue, according to police. "

" Geller could not comment on whether anyone else's DNA was also on the shirt."

Whether there was any DNA other than Morgans on the t=shirt has never been confirmed or denied by LE. We do not know if comments about other DNA on the t-shirt are true or not

Thanks for finding that. So police have not said anything that would cause people to believe that DNA on the shirt was connected to another case. That would suggest that the rumor was started for some other reason.

There is this, too: http://www.readthehook.com/68819/trail-harringtons-body-creates-new-mysteries-angles

"At a press conference held Wednesday, January 27 confirming identity of the remains, lead State Police investigator Lt. Joe Rader said evidence in addition to the bones had been recovered from the Farm, and suggested the focus of the investigation would shift from Copeley Bridge, where Harrington was last seen allegedly hitchhiking the night of the Metallica concert, to Anchorage Farm."

And
http://www.readthehook.com/67960/pantera-find-shirt-15th-street-was-morgan-harringtons

"According to Virginia State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller, the forensic testing on the shirt wasn't complete until the last few weeks&#8211;- law enforcement did not know the results in January, when the shirt was first publicly reported, she says&#8211;-and police are not releasing any details on the condition of the shirt. Police are still waiting on forensic testing results from Morgan's remains and Anchorage Farm, Geller says, and the Medical Examiner hasn't yet released a cause or time of Morgan's death, which has been ruled a homicide."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelChard