JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere along the line, I missed that JM has connected to the Fairfax rape. The whole idea of pinning every unsolved rape and murder on one guy before evidence is produced just seems a little....outlandish, maybe? I don't know, I guess it's just me......

But they aren't doing that. There are many missing women in this area and also many unsolved rapes. I believe two rapes occurred the day that Hannah was abducted. I don't think those have been solved or I haven't read it.

He is only tied to three cases thus far.

We have no clue what evidence the police has and they know they have to have irrefutable evidence to take any case to trial and it be proven BARD.

It isn't about pinning anything on JM. It is all about knowing there is a forensic link to JM concerning Morgan and the 2005 rape case. It is what it is.

The 2005 rape sketch is a dead ringer for JM and how he looked back then so they not only have a forensic link to that case but they also have an eye witness which saw the man who brutally raped her and would have killed her if a passerby hadn't scared him off, imo.

IMO

But they aren't doing that. There are many missing women in this area and also many unsolved rapes. I believe two rapes occurred the day that Hannah was abducted. I don't think those have been solved or I haven't read it.

He is only tied to three cases thus far.

We have no clue what evidence the police has and they know they have to have irrefutable evidence to take any case to trial and it be proven BARD.

It isn't about pinning anything on JM. It is all about knowing there is a forensic link to JM concerning Morgan and the 2005 rape case. It is what it is.

The 2005 rape sketch is a dead ringer for JM and how he looked back then so they not only have a forensic link to that case but they also have an eye witness which saw the man who brutally raped her and would have killed her if a passerby hadn't scared him off, imo.

IMO

Did they come out and say he's connected to the 2005 rape? I haven't seen that communication--I'm going to lose my mind if someone doesn't give me a link! (LOL!!)

As far as the sketch, I know there are conflicting opinions about how much JM looks like him. To me, JM's lips are much bigger...I think that's a distinctive feature that wasn't captured in the drawing.

Did they come out and say he's connected to the 2005 rape? I haven't seen that communication--I'm going to lose my mind if someone doesn't give me a link! (LOL!!)

As far as the sketch, I know there are conflicting opinions about how much JM looks like him. To me, JM's lips are much bigger...I think that's a distinctive feature that wasn't captured in the drawing.

Yes, but in some pics they look exactly the same. In some pics his lips don't even look that big IMO He seems to look different in all of his pics somehow.
And no I don't think they stated it, but they have stated that MH and the fairfax case are connected by DNA to the sketch. And if JM is connected to MH then JM is connected to fairfax rape. JMO

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/vicap/homicides-and-sexual-assaults/harrington

FEDERAL BUREAU OF Violent Criminal Apprehension
INVESTIGATION Program (ViCAP)
ViCAP ALERT:
HOMICIDE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT
Attention: Violent Crime, Sex Crimes, Cold Case, and Crime Analysis

*Composite sketch was provided after the 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax, Virginia. Please note that the offender
may have altered his appearance since that time.*

Summary:

The offender described above has been forensically linked to two cases in the state of
Virginia. On September 24, 2005, a 26-year-old female was walking home from the
store in Fairfax when the offender grabbed her from behind, carried her to a pool/park
area, and sexually assaulted her.

On October 17, 2009, 20-year-old Morgan Dana
Harrington was last seen leaving a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia in
Charlottesville. On January 26, 2010, Harrington’s remains were recovered in a field on
a 700-acre farm in Albemarle County.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/vicap/homicides-and-sexual-assaults/harrington

FEDERAL BUREAU OF Violent Criminal Apprehension
INVESTIGATION Program (ViCAP)
ViCAP ALERT:
HOMICIDE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT
Attention: Violent Crime, Sex Crimes, Cold Case, and Crime Analysis

*Composite sketch was provided after the 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax, Virginia. Please note that the offender
may have altered his appearance since that time.*

Summary:

The offender described above has been forensically linked to two cases in the state of
Virginia. On September 24, 2005, a 26-year-old female was walking home from the
store in Fairfax when the offender grabbed her from behind, carried her to a pool/park
area, and sexually assaulted her.

On October 17, 2009, 20-year-old Morgan Dana
Harrington was last seen leaving a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia in
Charlottesville. On January 26, 2010, Harrington’s remains were recovered in a field on
a 700-acre farm in Albemarle County.

Aaaargh.
murder and sexual assault linked.

Maybe just maybe in the realms of probability on earth, the fact that the perp is linked is merely some nasty trick of the universe on a gentle teddy bear of a guy.

Exactly! Everything was exactly the same! The way they look, the scenario where they became alone at some point after partying, the time of year, the way they just vanished into thin air. There wasn't a single thing different about HG case vs MH. Not one thing!!!!! Think about it!

I think so too. Jesse likes young women like Morgan and Hannah, privileged young adults with hugely promising futures. It almost seems that he has a thing about females of privilege, but that he wasn't confined to women like that when he chose his victims.

I think so too. Jesse likes young women like Morgan and Hannah, privileged young adults with hugely promising futures. It almost seems that he has a thing about females of privilege, but that he wasn't confined to women like that when he chose his victims.

I'm not sure that he would know anything about them, would he?

Or, did he prowl on other women and do whatever he did to them, but they lived because they were not women of privilege?

Did Hannah and Morgan reveal that in conversation with him?

How many times,has this been posted?

Over and over and over again.

I guess the FBI is not good enough? Or what is the problem??
...Is this thing on? haha I have posted it in almost every thread in the HG forum...over and over.

...Is this thing on? haha I have posted it in almost every thread in the HG forum...over and over.

Hm...very interesting. Perhaps you could enlighten me on one thing, though: was there DNA evidence found on MH that was linked to another rape victim?

(Sorry!)

Hm...very interesting. Perhaps you could enlighten me on one thing, though: was there DNA evidence found on MH that was linked to another rape victim?

(Sorry!)

lol...see those numbers in the right hand corner that tells how many posts you've made well at least 106 out of those 1,106 were used to enlighten people....haha

There's nothing wrong with being on the fence, but supposing that Jesse Matthews may accidentally confess to a rape, murder, and abduction with intent to defile, and so he may be falsely convicted, even though none of this has happened, we should assume that facts can be untruths. Isn't that different than "sitting on the fence".

I cannot make a judgment without all the facts. I only have what LE decides to share. I agree that JM looks pretty darn guilty at least up front, but I believe any suspect has a right to share his or her side of the story. I want to wait and see what those forensic links are.

Individual, isolated facts when put together as related or linear, when they are not, can result in untruth. Call it what you want.

Morgan Harrington’s Parents Mark Anniversary of Daughter’s Death
Updated: Oct 17, 2014 9:22 PM EDT
http://www.wric.com/story/26818387/morgan-harringtons-parents-mark-anniversary-of-daughters-death

The brave Laura Murphy and Dan Harrington honor their daughters and speak of mutual support
Kim Nelson, the missing (since 1/29/11) Bethany Decker's mom says
the "loud and clear" message from this tragedy is "What can I do to help others?"
http://www.wsls.com/story/26809081/h...-disappearance
http://www.wsls.com/story/26809081/h...-disappearance

The Grahams honor Hannah.
Laura Murphy appeals with a powerful prayer for the families of missing.
Dan Harrington says "Evil cannot win."
Gil Harrington says "It takes as community, a village to mourn a child."
http://www.wset.com/story/26816928/...eath-brings-awareness-for-other-missing-girls

Honoring Morgan Harrington by not letting evil win
http://www.wset.com/story/26816928/...eath-brings-awareness-for-other-missing-girls

Following is the most accurate up to date account of information on MH's disappearance released by VSP in 2011. It may prove helpful in comparing to HG.

MH timeline October 17, 2009

8 pm - seen inside restroom tending to her bleeding chin. She likely fell. Offered assistance.
Went to gate to leave the building through the entrance doors facing Copeley. She was told about no re-entry policy; acknowledged the warning and left.
Witnessed dumping her purse for the first time and dropping her phone.
Attempted reentry and (apparently) bought another ticket to get back in.

Left the arena again for 10-15 minutes interacting with other concert goers. Offered assistance.
In front of arena, called to 44 yr old concert goer. Asked him to walk with her, and kicked him when he declined.

9 PM- she meets up with 2 groups of young men (one group from UVA basketball team).
Reported unsteady using cars to hold herself up.

Harrington requested a ride from them and was declined.
'
Two witnesses next saw her near portable toilets- she curtsied to them but did not flag down the car.

8:48-9:00 She talked with friends who tried to give her tips on reentering building through smoking area.
No further activity from her cell after this.

At around 9:23 she is seen hitchhiking on Copeley and at 9:30 gone

Interesting facts:

Her car is parked in a nearby lot. She was not stranded.

She willingly left the arena twice for no known reason.

Several people offered to help her and she declined each time.

Many witnesses interacted with MH, yet there is no trace of her on video surveillance.

Dogs traced her scent beyond Copeley road to Ivy Road to a store called "Food of All Nations". This is a full 10 days after concert.

Morgan was not reported missing until some 36 after concert.

Morgan seen walking with three guys on UVA campus by a woman who delivered newspapers at 3:45 am
Note:
Interesting her Pantera t-shirt was found on UVA campus a month after she is missing.

Sources:

http://www.readthehook.com/88650/hes-still-here-and-other-revelations-harrington-case

http://www.readthehook.com/67960/pantera-find-shirt-15th-street-was-morgan-harringtons

Following is the most accurate up to date account of information on MH's disappearance released by VSP in 2011. It may prove helpful in comparing to HG.

MH timeline October 17, 2009

8 pm - seen inside restroom tending to her bleeding chin. She likely fell. Offered assistance.
Went to gate to leave the building through the entrance doors facing Copeley. She was told about no re-entry policy; acknowledged the warning and left.
Witnessed dumping her purse for the first time and dropping her phone.
Attempted reentry and (apparently) bought another ticket to get back in.

Left the arena again for 10-15 minutes interacting with other concert goers. Offered assistance.
In front of arena, called to 44 yr old concert goer. Asked him to walk with her, and kicked him when he declined.

9 PM- she meets up with 2 groups of young men (one group from UVA basketball team).
Reported unsteady using cars to hold herself up.

Harrington requested a ride from them and was declined.
'
Two witnesses next saw her near portable toilets- she curtsied to them but did not flag down the car.

8:48-9:00 She talked with friends who tried to give her tips on reentering building through smoking area.
No further activity from her cell after this.

At around 9:23 she is seen hitchhiking on Copeley and at 9:30 gone

Interesting facts:

Her car is parked in a nearby lot. She was not stranded!

She willingly left the arena twice for no known reason.

Several people offered to help her and she declined each time.

Many witnesses interacted with MH, yet there is no trace of her on video surveillance.

Dogs traced her scent beyond Copeley road to Ivy Road to a store called "Food of All Nations". This is a full 10 days after concert.

Morgan was not reported missing until some 36 after concert.

Morgan seen walking with three guys on UVA campus by a woman who delivered newspapers at 3:45 am
Note:
Interesting her Pantera t-shirt was found on UVA campus a month after she is missing.

Sources:

http://www.readthehook.com/88650/hes-still-here-and-other-revelations-harrington-case

http://www.readthehook.com/67960/pantera-find-shirt-15th-street-was-morgan-harringtons

Wasn't it stated that she didn't have her keys someone else did? I think I remember that does anyone else remember this?
Morgan and Melvin, who share an off-campus apartment in Blacksburg, drove to Harrisonburg, where they picked up Snead and, according to her father, the boyfriend of a friend. According to State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller, the four rode from Harrisonburg to Charlottesville in Morgan's car. Morgan, Geller says, allowed a friend to drive, so she didn't have her car keys with her during the show.
http://www.readthehook.com/83853/cover-face-earth-hunt-morgan-harrington
So she was stranded needing a ride with a bloody chin to boot. Personally I think she was looking for her keys when she dumped the bag, she probably forgot she didn't have them and I think she didn't want to be alone when she went back out which is why she asked the guy to walk with her. When she went back in she probably didn't have a seat and couldn't find her friends got mad and left. That's what I would have done too. JMO

Aaaargh.
murder and sexual assault linked.

Maybe just maybe in the realms of probability on earth, the fact that the perp is linked is merely some nasty trick of the universe on a gentle teddy bear of a guy.

How many times,has this been posted?

Over and over and over again.

I guess the FBI is not good enough? Or what is the problem??

Yes, I have seen that information. What I'm referring to are the statement that was released with regard to the current investigation of JM:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...eedd86-47f5-11e4-891d-713f052086a0_story.html

Virginia State Police investigators said Monday that the arrest of Jesse L. “LJ” Matthew Jr., who allegedly abducted missing U-Va. student Hannah Graham this month, has provided “a significant break” in the case of a young woman who similarly disappeared in Charlottesville five years ago and was later found dead.

Police said Matthew’s arrest last week has given state police investigators “a new forensic link” to pursue in the abduction and slaying of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, 20, who went missing in Charlottesville on Oct. 17, 2009. Harrington’s body was found in a field 10 miles south of town 101 days after she disappeared outside a Metallica concert at a U-Va. arena.

Police and other law enforcement officials would not disclose what evidence they have collected, how it is related to Matthew, or how it might be linked to Harrington’s case.

Why do you think Corrine Geller decided not to mention the 2005 rape case connection? I'm not the only one who has asked this question, and I haven't seen an answer. It's possible that the evidence as it applies to MH could be exclusive of the rape.

I can tell you're frustrated with this subject, but it's still on the minds of some. Thanks for your responses.

Yes, I have seen that information. What I'm referring to are the statement that was released with regard to the current investigation of JM:

Why do you think Corrine Geller decided not to mention the 2005 rape case connection? I'm not the only one who has asked this question, and I haven't seen an answer. It's possible that the evidence as it applies to MH could be exclusive of the rape.

I can tell you're frustrated with this subject, but it's still on the minds of some. Thanks for your responses.

I honestly think the reason they haven't connected him to fairfax yet or stated so is because she is still alive and out of the country. Someone posted once that they go for the most important cases first so a dead body and missing girl I guess seems more important esp if they think they have a SK on their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc