JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been known to be turned around a few times. But this map above, (otto's thumbnails, 2 photos) has Ankorage Farm north of Charlottesville -if the top is north. Other maps of this location put AF south of Charlottesville. Both are goggle maps. Someone please confirm this map is "upside down."

The farm is South West of Charlottesville, and the last map is not upside down. I'll look at the others tomorrow ... but the above map is N at the top ... actually, just looked at the above map and in the upper right corner we can see where North is.

Hum, I don't know if you meant it the way I picked it up, but no-one can really put any responsibility on that victim. Many rape victims don't tell the police (or indeed anyone) that they have been raped. It's every woman's perogative to decide what to do in that situation. The only one responsible for JM's actions is JM.

YIKES...so sorry I didn't write this post well enough to explain what I was thinking. I was feeling sick thinking of how I would feel knowing I could have been a murder victim yet having been spared. I had a close call in a car accident once and I was thinking about how my anxiety was through the roof for several days afterward, even though I should have been feeling relieved that I wasn't injured. Post traumatic stress of a sort, I guess. But to have been raped which is traumatic enough and then to find out the rapist's other victims were killed is beyond my comprehension. It would be really hard to process.

edited to add...I think I was combining the 2002 victim and the rape victim into one person and confused myself!!! Gah...this is why I shouldn't be trying to write comments late at night. (Smacking myself on the forehead now)

The farm is South West of Charlottesville, and the last map is not upside down. I'll look at the others tomorrow ... but the above map is N at the top ... actually, just looked at the above map and in the upper right corner we can see where North is.

I think the confusion about the thumbnail map (post #234) comes from the arrow --------------> which is labeled "To Charlottesville" and points south. The arrow seems to actually mean "The road leading TO the highway TO Charlottesville" (where you would go north on said highway (29?) toward C-ville).

Yes, otto, I understand farm is sw of c-ville. Just saying to me the map before the last one, with 2 thumbnail attachments looked odd to me. There's an down arrow (which one would assume is south) pointing to Charlottesville. It might confuse someone here but not a big deal.

I do find the maps quite interesting, especially pointing out there was a building used in past for parties. Thanks you otto.
:tyou:

I do find the maps quite interesting, especially pointing out there was a building used in past for parties. Thanks you otto.
:tyou:

Anybody have info on what types of parties? UVa parties? Local parties?

I didn't know a lawsuit contends that MH sustained a head injury at the Metallica concert and was bleeding and disoriented when she left the arena:
http://www.wset.com/story/21800316/parents-of-morgan-harrington-announce-new-information

... Harrington left her friends at the concert to go to a restroom in the arena and “suffered a serious head injury was rendered unable to take care of herself.”
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...les-Amended-Negligence-Lawsuit-200127981.html ...

How awful and sad she met with such a terrible fate while in such a vulnerable state :(

*hoping the news links are reputable. if not, I apologize in advance.

My recollection was that they were able to extract MH's killer's DNA from her skeleton (body cavity, under finger nails, ? but from somewhere), and also from the (planted) T shirt that was placed on the bush several days after she went missing. At the time the T shirt was planted, everyone thought the killer was trying to outsmart LE by placing the T shirt back in town when the killer actually lived a distance away. if JLW is the perp.... then placing that shirt there just shows how stupid he is, because that is less than 2 miles from where the dude lived.

My recollection was that they were able to extract MH's killer's DNA from her skeleton (body cavity, under finger nails, ? but from somewhere), and also from the (planted) T shirt that was placed on the bush several days after she went missing. At the time the T shirt was planted, everyone thought the killer was trying to outsmart LE by placing the T shirt back in town when the killer actually lived a distance away. if JLW is the perp.... then placing that shirt there just shows how stupid he is, because that is less than 2 miles from where the dude lived.

According to wiki her shirt (pantera) was found november 2009 while she was found january 2010, she went missing october 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Dana_Harrington

Long time lurker in the MH and HG threads, just thought I’d share my :twocents: …

I think there is a high probability that JM is responsible for the abduction and murder of MH. There are so many similarities in these two cases … same time of year (fall), same age/type (late teens/early 20s, college students, girl next door looks, came from good families, were incapacitated in some way …), disappeared under similar circumstances (perp could have been casing for victims by driving around – victims were visible from the street), phones turned off shortly after kidnappings …

One thing I want to add, that I have not been able to verify and perhaps someone here could – is the fact that, to the best of my knowledge, people who work at the same hospital as JM sometimes park across the street from the place the concert was held, that MH was attending the night she disappeared, and take a bus to the actual hospital. Like overflow parking, I would suppose. Anyone know if this is true?

I didn't know a lawsuit contends that MH sustained a head injury at the Metallica concert and was bleeding and disoriented when she left the arena:
http://www.wset.com/story/21800316/parents-of-morgan-harrington-announce-new-information

... Harrington left her friends at the concert to go to a restroom in the arena and “suffered a serious head injury was rendered unable to take care of herself.”
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...les-Amended-Negligence-Lawsuit-200127981.html ...

How awful and sad she met with such a terrible fate while in such a vulnerable state :(

*hoping the news links are reputable. if not, I apologize in advance.

I've always felt angry at the security at the concert. I'm a concert goer myself, and have seen Metallica several times. Now my daughters go to concerts. It worries me that incidents can occur and security at the concerts are more concerned with health and safety protocols rather than what is practically happening. Morgan had obvious head injuries that night and at no time did security help her.

This search location yesterday & the focus on Route 29 is too co-incidental for me to believe there is no MH connection, ck this out:

“Albemarle County Police riding all-terrain vehicles perform a search along the edge of Monacan Trail Road on Sunday.” http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loc...cle_7453e836-4773-11e4-bdb5-001a4bcf6878.html

The Anchorage Farm property is partially bordered by a few other roads—Monacan Trail Road in front, roughly two miles of Red Hill Road, and less than three miles of residential roads within neighboring Blandemar Farm and Blandemar Farm Estates.
http://www.c-ville.com/Local_search...ns_remains_are_found_with_video/#.VClogRaFmME

You guys have probably all have seen this

here is a picture of JM in 2007

300x300.jpg

I have. I'm not at all familiar with the MH case. Just the bare facts. Don't get the vibes from LE on the Hannah Graham case that it's the same perp.

I must respectfully disagree with this. I get the exact opposite vibes from LE. He would not answer anything the press asked in regards to connections to Morgan and one of the first places they searched outside of Charlottesville was anchorage farm

The police have stated he has connections (see wanted poster) in the MD/DC area - that's Fairfax, or at least on the way to/from.

It's also a straight shot up Rt. 29.

Well, that kind of bothers me some - that area doesn't seem like the kind of place you'd just wander into, but more a place you'd have a reason to visit.

Knowing JLM's activities, the thing that draws my eye in that area is the middle school and the private school down the road. Specifically, the playing field at the middle-school is used for football by the BRYC, and Flint Hill is a private school with a rather renowned sports program. The middle-school field is directly across the street from the abduction, and Flint Hill is just under a mile away, also on Jermantown road.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/F...2!3m1!1s0x89b6494a4f3b8edf:0xf8f86b8e5700b7ef

Now, JLM was a volunteer coach at Covenant, correct?

Not a direct link, but look at this: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/flint-hill-huskies-(oakton,va)/football-fall-05/schedule.htm

On 9/16/2005, one week before the Fairfax rape, Covenant football plays Flint Hill, played in Charlottesville. Which seems an odd coincidence, but not particularly telling.

What's interesting is what happens with the Junior varsity - it appears that what usually happens is, the varsity/junior varsity exchange sites - that is, when the varsity plays "away", the junior varsity plays at home, and vice-versa.

So, could JLM have traveled to Flint Hill with Covenant's JV team on 9/16, and saw something - or someone - about the area that attracted him enough to return a week later to stalk a victim?

Pretty thin, but 29 between Charlottesville and Fairfax isn't exactly a pleasure - traffic, lots of lights, lots of police - generally, there'd be a reason to make that trip.

Long time lurker in the MH and HG threads, just thought I’d share my :twocents: …

I think there is a high probability that JM is responsible for the abduction and murder of MH. There are so many similarities in these two cases … same time of year (fall), same age/type (late teens/early 20s, college students, girl next door looks, came from good families, were incapacitated in some way …), disappeared under similar circumstances (perp could have been casing for victims by driving around – victims were visible from the street), phones turned off shortly after kidnappings …

One thing I want to add, that I have not been able to verify and perhaps someone here could – is the fact that, to the best of my knowledge, people who work at the same hospital as JM sometimes park across the street from the place the concert was held, that MH was attending the night she disappeared, and take a bus to the actual hospital. Like overflow parking, I would suppose. Anyone know if this is true?

idk the answer to that but would point out he did not start working at the hospital until august 2012 (morgan went missing october 2009).

In Virginia, part of U.S. 29 is named the Lee Highway. U.S. 29 connects the historic small cities and large towns of west-central Virginia, including Danville, Lynchburg, Charlottesville, Culpeper, Warrenton, Manassas, and Fairfax, with Arlington, and Washington, D.C., to the northeast, and with North Carolina to the southwest.

Along its route in Virginia, U.S. 29 provides significant access to and from several major colleges and universities, including the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, George Mason University in Fairfax, Sweet Briar College in Sweet Briar, and Liberty University, Lynchburg College, and Randolph College in Lynchburg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_29

bbm interesting

EXCLUSIVE: Forensic evidence links Hannah Graham suspect to murdered Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/29/hannah-graham-morgan-harrington-connection/

Those sources indicated that forensic evidence belonging to Graham suspect Jesse Matthew Jr., matched forensic evidence collected during the Harrington investigation.

The sources would not indicate what Matthew may or may not have done with Harrington, however the sources indicated that the forensic evidence match showed Harrington had some sort of contact with Matthew the night she disappeared outside John Paul Jones arena on October 17, 2009. Her remains were found in January 2010 on an Albemarle County farm.

Well, I was honestly not expecting this, thought these were completely unrelated cases. I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member