JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Otto.....I've seen it said both ways (shirt/remains) for so long I wasn't sure what to believe.

http://www.readthehook.com/68819/trail-harringtons-body-creates-new-mysteries-angles

Just want to say that I have seen it written that there are no roads that led/lead to the site where they found MH but I went to google maps and if you go to red hill rd off of 29 and go up to the next rd on the left, field creek lane, the second house past (field creek lane) look across the rd from there to the right and about 2000 feet though the woods in the opening is where MH was found. It would not have taken much for someone like JM to carry or someone to walk a victim to that spot. jmo idk

http://www.readthehook.com/files/old/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/cover-foundmorgan-aerial2.jpg

what do we know about the fairfax victim? where was she when she was raped? how did she escape?

No it's not. My point was that it's farther than where he lives right now, so to me, it doesn't seem to be a valid "clue", if you will. Hope that makes sense.

i think the issue is that he was comfortable with that area, not necessarily that he lived there at the time of the offense. Its his familiarity with the area that makes it an issue for some of us.

what do we know about the fairfax victim? where was she when she was raped? how did she escape?

if you look back through this thread there is a link to the article (if not then its in the other victims thread). Supposedly a passer by interrupted the attack and he fled. She did not "escape" as she had been choked unconscious.

LE Singe

Justwannahelp
No it's not. My point was that it's farther than where he lives right now, so to me, it doesn't seem to be a valid "clue", if you will. Hope that makes sense.

---

i think the issue is that he was comfortable with that area, not necessarily that he lived there at the time of the offense. Its his familiarity with the area that makes it an issue for some of us.

I've followed Morgan's case since she went missing. I wanted to know where he was living around the time Morgan vanished. The fact that he was living 20 minutes away then...is extremely valid. In regards to the possibility that he is responsible for Morgan's murder and the Fairfax case....where he lives now makes no difference.

Not to mention the fact that court records show that he worked right behind the area where Morgan's T-shirt (with the Sketch's DNA) was planted

http://www.readthehook.com/68819/trail-harringtons-body-creates-new-mysteries-angles

Despite such ardor, Morgan Harrington ended up in the corner of a cowfield which, the owner says, is accessible only by off-road vehicle. And that, says a criminal profiler, is a clue of its own into the assailant's identity.

"They'd probably need to know that area," says former FBI profiler Mark Safarik, noting that in order to dispose of a body, "killers will travel a distance to go someplace that's familiar to them."

this is what I'm trying to say

LE Singe

Justwannahelp

---

I've followed Morgan's case since she went missing. I wanted to know where he was living around the time Morgan vanished. The fact that he was living 20 minutes away then...is extremely valid. In regards to the possibility that he is responsible for Morgan's murder and the Fairfax case....where he lives now makes no difference.

i think you are misunderstanding me or I am misunderstanding you but I think we are arguing the same point.

Hadn't thought of this but it def. a possibility. Like someone who couldn't bring themselves to directly turn in their BF, best friend, roommate etc. but their conscience wouldn't let them do nothing.

MH's Pantera shirt could have been removed from dumpster by a dumpster-digging vagrant who may have thought 'well, won't fit me, but someone else might be able to use it...'

Thank you Otto.....I've seen it said both ways (shirt/remains) for so long I wasn't sure what to believe.

I followed the case closely at the time and remember being both very surprised, and very relieved, that DNA was found on Morgan's body. I have never seen a news story stating that DNA on the shirt is connected with the Fairfax attempted rape. In fact, connecting the shirt to the attempted rape wouldn't necessarily connect the two cases simply because the shirt was found on the street, and anyone could have touched it.

HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE TO RUN DNA???

Seems like we'd know if his matched the DNA found on Morgan's shirt and the DNA found beneath the Fairfax girl's nails???

WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?

Not yelling in anger, but I'm hoping my post isn't looked over because I really want an answer;)

So I saw this as a Facebook comment on Help Find HG, but it seemed honest. A woman commented that she had taken a cab ride a few years ago from a driver that looked like the pic of JM from The Hook with his cab, and he gave her his phone number and said that he was in massage school and gives cheap massages. He offered her one. She said she still had the number and did a reverse search on it, and some address came up that was said JM lived a few years ago. She was super creeped out, of course. If her story is true, he must have been using his cab driver position of power to manipulate women. Not saying this means he is a serial killer or that it's proof he killed MH, but it's info. She said she called it in to the tip line...

That is creepy! I'm glad she phoned this in to the tip line.

Just want to say that I have seen it written that there are no roads that led/lead to the site where they found MH but I went to google maps and if you go to red hill rd off of 29 and go up to the next rd on the left, field creek lane, the second house past (field creek lane) look across the rd from there to the right and about 2000 feet though the woods in the opening is where MH was found. It would not have taken much for someone like JM to carry or someone to walk a victim to that spot. jmo idk

http://www.readthehook.com/files/old/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/cover-foundmorgan-aerial2.jpg

This is where Morgan's body was found in relation to roads. The unoccupied building was described as a party spot for students.

Attachments

• MorganBodyLocation - Copy.jpg
    MorganBodyLocation - Copy.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 168
  • MorganCrimeScene - Copy.jpg
    MorganCrimeScene - Copy.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 161
Perhaps the evidence isn't quite adding up to assumptions. There are several.........several reasons.......why I believe both Morgan and Hannah were murdered by a white man. Most likely the SAME white man.

HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE TO RUN DNA???

Seems like we'd know if his matched the DNA found on Morgan's shirt and the DNA found beneath the Fairfax girl's nails???

WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?

Not yelling in anger, but I'm hoping my post isn't looked over because I really want an answer;)

Perhaps the evidence isn't quite adding up to assumptions. There are several.........several reasons.......why I believe both Morgan and Hannah were murdered by a white man. Most likely the SAME white man.

Do tell why you so think this. DNA from Morgan indicates an AA male which matches the DNA from a rape victim. Longo had been trying to collect AA male DNA to get a match since that perp has not been brought in for any offense where they could have that DNA on file.

In Hannah's case, the last person IDed to be with her has not said where he left her and is acting terribly. Has a record of being sexually aggressive, including being kicked out of college for alleged rape. Acted that evening like he was on the prowl. No proof yet out there that he's the man, but I haven't seen any other more likely candidates. Yes, it's possible that JM let her out and she got picked up by someone else who is the one who stashed her somewhere, but the probability for that is pretty danged low.

So yes, I'm very interested why you think that someone else, who is white, was involved with Hannah AFTER she was with JM, and that the same person had something to do with Morgan Harrington.

Do tell why you so think this. DNA from Morgan indicates an AA male which matches the DNA from a rape victim. Longo had been trying to collect AA male DNA to get a match since that perp has not been brought in for any offense where they could have that DNA on file.

In Hannah's case, the last person IDed to be with her has not said where he left her and is acting terribly. Has a record of being sexually aggressive, including being kicked out of college for alleged rape. Acted that evening like he was on the prowl. No proof yet out there that he's the man, but I haven't seen any other more likely candidates. Yes, it's possible that JM let her out and she got picked up by someone else who is the one who stashed her somewhere, but the probability for that is pretty danged low.

So yes, I'm very interested why you think that someone else, who is white, was involved with Hannah AFTER she was with JM, and that the same person had something to do with Morgan Harrington.

No, the VSP are the ones handling the MH case. CPD and Longo had no jurisdiction (and never had it) in that case. It went from UVA PD to VSP. In the late 1990s and early 2000s, there was a serial rapist in Charlottesville (and one linked case in Waynesboro) where they had DNA evidence but no suspect. Longo made national news in that case because the police did a DNA dragnet and were asking black men to give DNA samples to rule themselves out based on anonymous phone tips. That case was solved in 2007 or so when one of the women attacked recognized the rapist working at a local grocery store and the police followed him to a local Burger King and took his straw out of the trash and ran a DNA match.

http://www.readthehook.com/76579/serial-rapist-pleads-guilty-gets-4-life-sentences

No, the VSP are the ones handling the MH case. CPD and Longo had no jurisdiction (and never had it) in that case. It went from UVA PD to VSP. In the late 1990s and early 2000s, there was a serial rapist in Charlottesville (and one linked case in Waynesboro) where they had DNA evidence but no suspect. Longo made national news in that case because the police did a DNA dragnet and were asking black men to give DNA samples to rule themselves out based on anonymous phone tips. That case was solved in 2007 or so when one of the women attacked recognized the rapist working at a local grocery store and the police followed him to a local Burger King and took his straw out of the trash and ran a DNA match.

http://www.readthehook.com/76579/serial-rapist-pleads-guilty-gets-4-life-sentences

Thank you for the correction. I knew that Longo wanted a file of AA male DNA. Got about 500 samples in that campaign, but did not know the particulars.

I have not heard, or read Longo linking the cases much at all except in passing. Don't get the feeling he thinks that they are by the same. I don't know much about the MH case other than the basics, and with just that it seems to me that a true serial killer type got her and they usually are white men. But the DNA match from the shirt, which could have been a plant has AA male DNA matching what was found on a rape victim who identified her perp as AA. That's where JM and this case gets dragged into it.

Personally, I think the DNA analyis will either eliminate JM from those cases or nail him. And that will be determined definitively. With Hannah, we don't know what LE has in terms of evidence. They may have zip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member