JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just MOO, but I think the perp brought along the Pantera shirt as a trophy and disposed of it as a taunting gesture.

I'm thinking that The clothing they found in his apt must have been Hannah's, which is why they were able to say "with intent to defile"

Oh have mercy, I certainly hope so.

In Virginia, the law allows certain felony arrestees to have their DNA samples taken upon arrest. I have no doubt that they have his DNA directly from him:

Virginia's Arrestee's Experience

On January 1, 2003, the state of Virginia was the first state to collect DNA from people who were arrested for certain violent and sex crimes. This law was passed under the condition that if the person arrested was later found to be innocent or if the charges were dropped, the arrestees' DNA profile would automatically be destroyed and removed from Virginia DNA Database. The arrestee law has proven to be beneficial in catching repeat offenders. Between January 1, 2003 and December 31, 2009, a total of 559 hits to the Arrestee Database have been obtained. Eighty-nine of the hits were associated with sexual assault cases. http://www.dnaforensics.com/Arrestees.aspx

Virginia Law:
§ 19.2-310.2:1. Saliva or tissue sample required for DNA analysis after arrest for a violent felony.
Every person arrested for the commission or attempted commission of a violent felony as defined in § 19.2-297.1 or a violation or attempt to commit a violation of § 18.2-31, 18.2-89, 18.2-90, 18.2-91, or 18.2-92, shall have a sample of his saliva or tissue taken for DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) analysis to determine identification characteristics specific to the person. After a determination by a magistrate or a grand jury that probable cause exists for the arrest, a sample shall be taken prior to the person's release from custody. The analysis shall be performed by the Department of Forensic Science or other entity designated by the Department. The identification characteristics of the profile resulting from the DNA analysis shall be stored and maintained by the Department in a DNA data bank and shall be made available as provided in § 19.2-310.5. http://www.ncstl.org/resources/DNACollectionUponArrest

Thanks, Matilda.

Those pictures are wild. Omg

I think that sketch is SPOT ON. It shocks me that others don't. Honestly, I can't believe he wasn't reported by women in bars whom he made inappropriate advances towards. I can't believe they didn't report him thinking he resembled the sketch. I usually don't think sketches are as accurate after the fact, but to me, this one is.

My mind has been officially blown from the news today about the MH connection.

Although many websleuthers were confident that JM was the perp responsible for MH's demise. Seeing it verified in msm is always a hard pill to swallow. 'You have to enter the fire to extinguish the flames of evil'...

'Now it is Time to Find Hannah Graham, and Bring Her Home'!
https://soundcloud.com/musictykoon/bring-her-home-scratch
'Bring Her Home'...by Heather Cohen

I just checked the Hook article - http://www.readthehook.com/67960/pantera-find-shirt-15th-street-was-morgan-harringtons

The t-shirt was found on the corner of 15th and Grady. I went to Google maps and it's exactly .1 of a mile, or a 3 minute walk (according to Google) from Martha Jefferson house to the bush where MH's shirt was found. You can still see the bush on street view. That's pretty freakin' close!

I've seen the map that shows his residences and the location of MH's related incidents and two of HG's locations. What I think would be really interesting would be to further mark the shirt location, his places of employment, and any other important things like the college he was at, or where the team he coached played and if they had a separate practice location. I'm betting some interesting patterns would emerge that would give an idea of where to look for HG evidence. If he kept MH's shirt, maybe he did something with an item of Hannah's such as her shoes or her phone. Sorry if I'm not too clear, getting sleepy. I'm off to read something happy to clear all this out of my head so I don't have awful dreams! :(

Police haven't said the Harrington case is solved. They only said that Jesse Matthew came into "some kind" of contact with Morgan Harrington. Lots of work left to do. Have to put Jesse in Fairfax in 2005. Have to establish connection between Jesse and Anchorage Farm. Have to find the body of Hannah Graham. I'd put the cork back in the champagne bottle if I were you.

Yeah, you're right. It's completely unreasonable to assume that someone who raped someone on 2002, and was the last known person with a girl now vanished without a trace, and happened to have "some kind" of contact significant enough to leave DNA on a mostly decomposed body, and also happens to be the contributor of DNA in a rape/attempted murder case could really be the person who committed all these crimes.

JM's attorney would like to thank you for providing a plausible reason for JM's DNA being on that shirt! lol

JM's DNA was not on the Pantera shirt. The only DNA on the Pantera shirt was that of MH. The DNA that connects MH and HG comes from MH's body.

In Virginia, the law allows certain felony arrestees to have their DNA samples taken upon arrest. I have no doubt that they have his DNA directly from him:

Virginia's Arrestee's Experience

On January 1, 2003, the state of Virginia was the first state to collect DNA from people who were arrested for certain violent and sex crimes. This law was passed under the condition that if the person arrested was later found to be innocent or if the charges were dropped, the arrestees' DNA profile would automatically be destroyed and removed from Virginia DNA Database. The arrestee law has proven to be beneficial in catching repeat offenders. Between January 1, 2003 and December 31, 2009, a total of 559 hits to the Arrestee Database have been obtained. Eighty-nine of the hits were associated with sexual assault cases. http://www.dnaforensics.com/Arrestees.aspx

Virginia Law:
§ 19.2-310.2:1. Saliva or tissue sample required for DNA analysis after arrest for a violent felony.
Every person arrested for the commission or attempted commission of a violent felony as defined in § 19.2-297.1 or a violation or attempt to commit a violation of § 18.2-31, 18.2-89, 18.2-90, 18.2-91, or 18.2-92, shall have a sample of his saliva or tissue taken for DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) analysis to determine identification characteristics specific to the person. After a determination by a magistrate or a grand jury that probable cause exists for the arrest, a sample shall be taken prior to the person's release from custody. The analysis shall be performed by the Department of Forensic Science or other entity designated by the Department. The identification characteristics of the profile resulting from the DNA analysis shall be stored and maintained by the Department in a DNA data bank and shall be made available as provided in § 19.2-310.5. http://www.ncstl.org/resources/DNACollectionUponArrest

I am not sure that they would have had enough time to do that. DNA testing takes about 3 days if the sample is put at the top of the list. He was arrested on Wednesday evening, and arrived back in Virginia on Friday at ~5:45 PM. DNA testing would have started then, and would have to run over the weekend.

In any case, that would not be necessary since they would have been able to get DNA from his home and car, they would not need him in custody, although to prove that it actually was him they would need a sample from his person.

I think that if they had a direct DNA match they would have arrested him immediately for murder in the MH case and rape in the Jane Doe case.

So, either this forensic evidence relates to something else, or they have not confirmed it yet.

I am not sure why they would feel the need to release this information now, since it doesn't help their case to do it at this point.

I'm interested in Samantha as a JLM victim because of the dates but I have not yet started to sleuth her case. Just wondering why it is said she was in contact with RAT before he disappeared... Cell phone records?

Eyewitness, I think. I'm pretty sure that it was confirmed that they knew each other and I don't believe RAT ever denied knowing Samantha. I don't have a link to share--this is just what I am remembering. The detective from Orange who worked her case was present in the Nelson County courtroom for Alexis' trial.

Anything is possible at this point.

Morgan would be 25 now. What would she be doing?

Matthew was working as a taxi driver at the time of Morgan’s disappearance and would offer lifts for free to girls, according to a source with detailed knowledge of his past.

The source told MailOnline: ‘LJ got in trouble with work because he would pull up in his cab alongside girls walking along and he would ask random girls.

‘He would say; “hey do you want a ride. I’ll take you wherever you want to go for free”.

‘One time he tried to follow one girl into her home.’

Did JLM take a visit to Lexington?

One hour away, 71 miles.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...lic-Safety-Notice-275375341.html?device=phone

Clip
"WASHINGTON AND LEE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY

PUBLIC SAFETY NOTICE
On September 15, 2014, the Department of Public Safety received information from the Lexington Police Department that they had received a report of the possible sighting of a male subject identified as a person of interest in the abduction and murder of a Virginia Tech student, several years ago, who was visiting the UVA campus. More information about the original case, including a sketch of the individual, can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Dana_Harrington."

Take Route 29, Monocan Trail down towards 60 west.

Coincidence? A popular cab route?

Where's Hannah?

This would make complete sense if he had shaved the dreads, but I think they would have mentioned the hair style change in this bulletin.

Eyewitness, I think. I'm pretty sure that it was confirmed that they knew each other and I don't believe RAT ever denied knowing Samantha. I don't have a link to share--this is just what I am remembering. The detective from Orange who worked her case was present in the Nelson County courtroom for Alexis' trial.

Anything is possible at this point.

Morgan would be 25 now. What would she be doing?

Was reading up on Samatha's case last night. Here's a pretty good article regarding her disappearance. I don't believe what RAT has to say...but there is some good information in this article.
http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment

I see a plea bargain to avoid it, if convicted! I don't see him talking anytime soon (either about the location of the body or what he did), especially when he can use it to avoid a death penalty, if convicted of more severe crimes! The current charges aren't death penalty! I surely hope I am wrong, or unfortunately it might be awhile before we get answers!

I predict that he will be charged with capital murder in the very near future (for Morgan Harrington). I also predict the DA will seek the DP in that case.

My husband asked me the same question

I wonder what they meant by "on the radar." In the discussion threads, many of us were a bit perplexed by Longo characterizing what seemed to be petty traffic/vehicle inspection violations as "known to police." The discrepancy had me wondering at the possibility of JM being unfairly or prematurely targeted as a POI.

Is it possible he had been reported as a nuisance by multiple woman over a period of time at local bars, but without enough substance for charges?

I am not sure that they would have had enough time to do that. DNA testing takes about 3 days if the sample is put at the top of the list. He was arrested on Wednesday evening, and arrived back in Virginia on Friday at ~5:45 PM. DNA testing would have started then, and would have to run over the weekend.

In any case, that would not be necessary since they would have been able to get DNA from his home and car, they would not need him in custody, although to prove that it actually was him they would need a sample from his person.

I think that if they had a direct DNA match they would have arrested him immediately for murder in the MH case and rape in the Jane Doe case.

So, either this forensic evidence relates to something else, or they have not confirmed it yet.

I am not sure why they would feel the need to release this information now, since it doesn't help their case to do it at this point.

I don't have a link, but I beleive they swabbed him in Texas. I thoroughly expected to hear this news today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth