JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember seeing this in all the threads but I assume I got the link here because I wouldn't know how else to get it but JM has a myspace. I remember looking at it at the start of this case and seeing a few of his friends leftover. I don't know if that's pertinent except that myspace was around back then, not facebook.

I don't remember seeing this in all the threads but I assume I got the link here because I wouldn't know how else to get it but JM has a myspace. I remember looking at it at the start of this case and seeing a few of his friends leftover. I don't know if that's pertinent except that myspace was around back then, not facebook.

Oh yes, there was myspace back then.

Is there a place in the forum where social media links are posted? (both victim and suspect/s)?

I know I'm not allowed to post it here (I think?) but I did find one friend on his myspace that is on facebook and posting about him, who went to high school with him apparently.

What I've mostly read is that it was likely planted to throw investigators off, making them think Morgan's disappearance was somehow connected to the university students. It's all pure speculation, though.

Edited to add my own theory:
Oooo, I'm guessing this theory was probably already tossed around in the MH threads, but what if a family member or friend found the shirt in JLM's belongings and was torn as to whether it should be turned in or not. Turning it in to the police could bring lots of unwanted attention, as well as a blatant betrayal of JLM. Then again, if it happened to be left somewhere conspicuously where it would certainly be found, LE could do with it what they wished. Hmmm. . . .

I was thinking about this too. I thought maybe he panicked knowing everyone was looking for that shirt or one of his family/friends noticed it or had a close call and thought of the idea to frame the uni students by placing it in the middle of that area. I cant work out if the attack on the lawyer was before or after the shirt was found. He could have worried they would take his DNA and match him to the Fairfax case and search his apartment and find it so he got rid of it, Im guessing he sold the necklace, bracelet and camera illegally? The shirt could have been his 'trophy' but ended up being too worried to keep it in case someone found it.
A better way for him to explain his DNA on it would have been to pretend he had found it in the bushes so if the results came back with his dna on it he could of explained it by saying he touched it before realising it was that shirt. But then again they would of connected him to the Fairfax Case anyway, So most likely he didnt think his DNA would be on it. It just seems weird though that he would walk in the open and place it in a bush, he must of done it at night or maybe threw it out a car window or something.

I just watched it again too coz I saw someone mention it and wanted a refresh, and I have no idea why but I assumed they got the DNA from him off her body, I was never familiar with Morgan until Hannah went missing, i HAD seen the Disappeared episode maybe 2 years ago but that was the extent of it. I didnt realise her body was a skeleton? Would it have been possible to get his DNA off her? So They must have got it off the Tshirt. I know that he is guilty and obviously, but what if he just claims he found the shirt on the ground and put it in the bush or something, I mean they cant prove that. God I hope he has something of hers in his apartment either the camera or the necklace. I feel like he couldnt sell the necklace or pawn it coz its so recognisable, but i guess he could of done it alot further away from Charlottesville and no one picked up on it.

IIRC, Morgan was wearing a mini shirt, and leggings, and tall boots. Most likely bra and panties as well. Perhaps a piece of clothing that was found with the body was the DNA? It's one of the things I've wondered about since we knew there was DNA found. While I don't doubt Morgan was raped, with only a skeleton and small amounts of flesh, DNA would be the only way IMO they could KNOW she was raped. He could have wiped himself on an article of her clothing, and I don't remember which articles were found with her. I do remember a piece of jewelry being missing.

As for the possibility of JM being on police radar, it's also possible that as some point his name came up as a possible match, or someone felt he was suspicious enough to call LE about him being Morgan's perp, and either he claimed an alibi, or if there were thousands of tips called in, it might not have gotten to LE. Chills. I had hope he was connected, because I really want whoever raped the Fairfax lady, and whoever killed Morgan caught. Yet utter sadness if it is him, because the likely hood of finding Hannah now... (sigh) just so many hiding places...

My 18yr old daughter came in while I watching TV coverage earlier today of newest info. She stood shocked like a deer in headlights, and said "Mom, I'd be no match to someone like that! And those girls, they look like ME!".... harsh realities of life. So thankful she decided on community college for now, and transfer to university when she's older, and more mature. Perhaps she'll see the importance of that pepper spray now, and will get her concealed carry. She's known of the these cases, but somehow, someway, some reason today, reality hit her.

This is gruesome and .... sad... but don't fingernails stick around after a body decomposes? I know hair does, and it's the same material. If so, DNA could be from under fingernails.

Oh, I didnt even think of the DNA being on her underwear, it definitely could have come from there.

IIRC, Morgan was wearing a mini shirt, and leggings, and tall boots. Most likely bra and panties as well. Perhaps a piece of clothing that was found with the body was the DNA? It's one of the things I've wondered about since we knew there was DNA found. While I don't doubt Morgan was raped, with only a skeleton and small amounts of flesh, DNA would be the only way IMO they could KNOW she was raped. He could have wiped himself on an article of her clothing, and I don't remember which articles were found with her. I do remember a piece of jewelry being missing.

As for the possibility of JM being on police radar, it's also possible that as some point his name came up as a possible match, or someone felt he was suspicious enough to call LE about him being Morgan's perp, and either he claimed an alibi, or if there were thousands of tips called in, it might not have gotten to LE. Chills. I had hope he was connected, because I really want whoever raped the Fairfax lady, and whoever killed Morgan caught. Yet utter sadness if it is him, because the likely hood of finding Hannah now... (sigh) just so many hiding places...

My 18yr old daughter came in while I watching TV coverage earlier today of newest info. She stood shocked like a deer in headlights, and said "Mom, I'd be no match to someone like that! And those girls, they look like ME!".... harsh realities of life. So thankful she decided on community college for now, and transfer to university when she's older, and more mature. Perhaps she'll see the importance of that pepper spray now, and will get her concealed carry. She's known of the these cases, but somehow, someway, some reason today, reality hit her.

There is a blog from Gil mentioning a ring she got back from police that MH was wearing at the time of her death. So they did recover some stuff.

IIRC, fingernails 'might' be found, but aren't attached anymore, and wildlife critters often eat them. :( I don't know if any of Morgan's fingernails were found or not, nor do I know if she had natural nails or fake ones. That might make a difference!!

Snipped and BBM:

Your post regarding the "5 years apart" made me think of Joran van der Sloot -- who murdered 2 women exactly 5 years apart to the day:

- Natalee Holloway "disappeared - "murdered" on May 30, 2005 in Aruba.

Stephanie Flores Ramirez was "murdered" on May 30, 2010 in Peru.

JMO but NOT a coincidence, IMO ...

Whoa baby! How did I never realize this until now?!?

He has a lot of masks doesn't he? -christian, pee wee football coach, gentle giant, positive relationships with others in his community (not a loner), friendly guy who gives high-fives ...

Oddly despite being on the fence about JLM (I am far off the fence now!), this is one thing that struck me as odd - the fact that his appearance changed so much that he almost looked like a different person in each photo and seemed like a different person in each description from people who knew him. It reminded me of Ted Bundy and is the only reason I was on the fence and not on the side of complete innocence. Scary!

I think this is his MO. He offends, quits school or job, leaves area, changes appearance. Basically wash, rinse, repeat. If he had not been apprehended for Hannah's disappearance, I suspect he would have left the area, at least for awhile, and then returned when the case got cold as he did before. IMO, it's not a coincidence that there are unsolved rapes/disappearances/murders where he has gone to school, worked or lived previously.

Perhaps a glimpse into JM's attack style.
Article from 2011, concerning Fairfax woman who was attacked, but rescued..
rbbm

http://patch.com/virginia/fairfaxci...a-fairfax-rape-and-mor84c9a34d12#.VCn1YhZabk8

"A 26-year-old woman was walking along Jermantown Road, carrying two full Giant grocery bags to her townhouse at around 10 one night in September 2005. She didn't get far before she sensed someone behind her.

The strange man said he was waiting for a friend, but something about him made her feel uneasy, said Det. Mike Boone, a Fairfax City Police Department violent crimes investigator who worked on the case. She kept walking and was almost at the front door of her townhouse when she heard his footsteps racing toward her. He grabbed her, lifted her and carried her into a dimly lit, wooded area near Rock Garden Drive, where he tried to strangle and rape her.

She screamed and fought. A neighbor heard her cries and walked to the edge of his driveway. He could hear her, but couldn't see what was going on. The attacker dragged her even farther into the darkness, but the neighbor didn't give up, remaining at the end of his driveway, searching.

Spooked, the suspect fled, leaving behind crucial DNA evidence in the blood and skin under his victim's fingernails."

Jesus! After the link to MH, and now being able to officially connect the dots my stomach churns at the thought of how many more cases he's going to be linked to. It makes my heart ache for Hannah's family. They know their daughter suffered a horrible death, based on what is coming out about How incredibly violent the death of Morgan was and the other cases that are coming to light. LE didn't want the news of the MH connection to be released yet, so I'm pretty confident they've matched him to other cases that they've been keeping close to the vest. I think we're going to start hearing about more victims soon, hopefully a presser will take place this week.

This was written by one of Morgan's teachers. I stumbled upon it earlier and thought I'd share....

It's a must read. Beautiful.

http://www.helpsavethenextgirl.com/about/morgan-harrington/

I was holding it together until I read this. Morgan's and Brittany Drexel's cases were the last I followed closely here before I took a long break. And Hannah brought me back. It's really heartbreaking to lose these precious girls when they had their whole lives ahead of them.

Does anyone have a link to the "disappeared" episode featuring Morgan?

I've been overwhelmed today since learning about the forensic link connecting JM to Morgan. I have thought about this all day and not much else. I have gone from being happy knowing that perhaps Morgan's killer has finally been found, to sadness about Hannah and her family and also the Harrington's, and now I am reaching the anger stage. This guy was living in plain sight right there in Charlottesville. In interviews I've read that friends of his joked that the composite sketched released years ago was a spitting image of him. I've read that friends say he would "prowl" for women who were in a vulnerable position to "improve his chances". I've read that he was obnoxious with women and had a propensity to cross boundaries. I've read that he expelled from college because he was accused of rape at Liberty. I've read that he punched a lawyer in a road rage incident. Did any of his friends or family ever question whether or not he could be a suspect in Morgan's disappearance? Did anybody ever give LE a tip about him? I know hindsight is 20/20, but my gosh.....we have people observing his behavior with women and joking he looks EXACTLY the sketch...and then he shaves his beard, grows his hair out and wears braids. Nobody wants to believe a friend could be capable of such a thing...but sheesh!

I was holding it together until I read this. Morgan's and Brittany Drexel's cases were the last I followed closely here before I took a long break. And Hannah brought me back. It's really heartbreaking to lose these precious girls when they had their whole lives ahead of them.

Sorry, I know....it had me in tears also :( ....but I also enjoyed reading it because it helped me learn more about who Morgan was. Ray of sunshine, so intelligent, spiritual, deep - like her mama, Gil, and beyond her years it seems. It's just so tragic now we have another one probably gone - Hannah. My heart bleeds for all the families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth