JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what he means about it being a "high risk location"?

I think what he's saying is it'd take a lot of time to carry/drive a body that far onto the farm compared to just tossing one onto the side of a road. The longer it takes to dispose of a body the more chances of someone seeing him, the more evidence he'll leave behind, etc.

As I recall, the owners of Anchorage Farm were out-of-town at the time of Morgan's disappearance. I wonder if JM knew they were gone -- was he the taxi driver that took the owners to the airport?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/morgan-harringtons-killer-knew-obstacles-farm-area/story?id=9749253

2010 article - Cops Say Whoever Killed Morgan Harrington Knew Tricky Farm Area

It was considered high risk because it was in an extremely remote area of the farm. Getting to that specific spot would involve traversing over fences, streams, and uneven land.

http://goo.gl/maps/iX11Q

It appears LJM may have been familiar with that area as he attended Red Hill Elementary.

He attended the Red Hill Elementary School just outside the city in Albemarle County. Later he studied at Monticello High School and graduated in his senior year when he was 18.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rty-University-girl-claimed-raped-campus.html

http://www.georgianewsday.com/news/...xpelled-from-university-over-rape-claims.html

Note: If you zoom in the google map down to 500 ft in the area where MH's remains were found you will note that Red Hill Rd is off to the left and close by. The elementary school is on the other side of Monacan Trail Rd.

I wonder how long cab companies keep dispatch records. Police could go back to 2009 and see where Jessie was driving at the time of Morgan's disappearance. Did Jesse have a fare that put him in the vicinity of JP Arena at the time Morgan disappeared?

It was considered high risk because it was in an extremely remote area of the farm. Getting to that specific spot would involve traversing over fences, streams, and uneven land.

http://goo.gl/maps/iX11Q

It appears LJM may have been familiar with that area as he attended Red Hill Elementary.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rty-University-girl-claimed-raped-campus.html

Note: If you zoom in the google map down to 500 ft in the area where MH's remains were found you will note that Red Hill Rd is off to the left and close by. The elementary school is on the other side of Monacan Trail Rd.

The location of MH's remains are also quite close a branch of the Hardware River. Would be nice to know if this spot was also good for fishing, which is reportely a favorite pastime of JM.

As I recall, the owners of Anchorage Farm were out-of-town at the time of Morgan's disappearance. I wonder if JM knew they were gone -- was he the taxi driver that took the owners to the airport?

If you are standing/walking in the middle of a field at night, you are pretty noticeable. There is a horizon behind you and you are a shadow and the eye looks for movement for clues in the dark. Also, its quiet in the country at night and sounds carry very well. Your voice, or more to the point, a woman screaming, would carry quite a way and would be noticeable. It's easy to trip on things, and if you have a flashlight to prevent that, people can see you a long ways away. Most farmers have dogs, who will be alert to things that are not where they are supposed to be. Finally, it is very easy to get turned around in wide open areas with trees at the perimeter, especially if you are driving through that field with the car lights off so as not to be a car driving with lights on at night. There just isn't the kind of landmarks that you have during the day. Source -- me- used to do astronomy and would be in the middle of fields at night with a car, leaving with the lights off and walking around with no flashlight so as to not ruin other participants night vision. Even with a trail blazed for the astronomy group, cars would get lost, including me once.

If you are standing/walking in the middle of a field at night, you are pretty noticeable. There is a horizon behind you and you are a shadow and the eye looks for movement for clues in the dark. Also, its quiet in the country at night and sounds carry very well. Your voice, or more to the point, a woman screaming, would carry quite a way and would be noticeable. It's easy to trip on things, and if you have a flashlight to prevent that, people can see you a long ways away. Most farmers have dogs, who will be alert to things that are not where they are supposed to be. Finally, it is very easy to get turned around in wide open areas with trees at the perimeter, especially if you are driving through that field with the car lights off so as not to be a car driving with lights on at night. There just isn't the kind of landmarks that you have during the day. Source -- me- used to do astronomy and would be in the middle of fields at night with a car, leaving with the lights off and walking around with no flashlight so as to not ruin other participants night vision. Even with a trail blazed for the astronomy group, cars would get lost, including me once.

Anchorage Farm is over 750 acres. At the time of the discovery of MH's remains, the owner of AF said that the place of discovery was in a very remote area of the farm, and in an area that he visited very infrequently.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/morgan-harringtons-killer-knew-obstacles-farm-area/story?id=9749253

2010 article - Cops Say Whoever Killed Morgan Harrington Knew Tricky Farm Area

He meant that the person who placed MH's body there would have been at high risk of being seen. Therefore he had to be quite familiar with the entire area--including when the best time would have been to get to that spot with a body and not be detected. Someone on the Hannah General Discussion thread put JM's three booking photos up for us. I hope it is okay to upload them here. You can see how different he appears in each photo. I REALLY believe he is responsible for MH's murder and will be totally surprised if they report that JM is not a DNA match. I will try to attach the photos in another post since I seem a bit clueless right now as to how to do it.

I don't know. Rader's comment seemed cryptic and relatable only to those who live in that general area. There's no reason to be cryptic about the possibility of being seen.

He meant that the person who placed MH's body there would have been at high risk of being seen. Therefore he had to be quite familiar with the entire area--including when the best time would have been to get to that spot with a body and not be detected. Someone on the Hannah General Discussion thread put JM's three booking photos up for us. I hope it is okay to upload them here. You can see how different he appears in each photo. I REALLY believe he is responsible for MH's murder and will be totally surprised if they report that JM is not a DNA match. I will try to attach the photos in another post since I seem a bit clueless right now as to how to do it.

I don't know. Rader's comment seemed cryptic and relatable only to those who live in that general area. There's no reason to be cryptic about the possibility of being seen.

I think Rader was appealing to anyone who knew of a suspect who fit the criteria of MH's killer to please come forward. IMO Rader felt that there was no way someone didn't know who had done this. That makes sense to me. Also--look at the way his own family can't even go there in their minds that their grandson/son could truly be responsible for harming Hannah. And it is captured on video that he was the last person seen with her!!!

I'm praying that this was his slip-up that finally got him caught.

That is a great question, netsleuth. I wish we could find out when he began growing those dreds because it's been nagging at me too. The DNA is important and I think that is one reason Chief Longo is so desperate to find Hannah. I think he has resigned himself to the very real possibility that Hannah is not longer with us in this earthly realm. He also knows the longer she is out there somewhere, the less likely it will be to find any DNA on her remains. :( (IIRC it's been raining in Charlottesville this past week. Not Good in regards to finding DNA evidence)

I've been thinking of this as well. From personal experience--I'll give you a bit of background on my own hair growth adventure.:blushing:

My hubby turned 60 this past January--and he was majorly depressed. I am 58 and he kept telling me that I just couldn't understand or relate to how depressing it was for him. I kept reassuring him that I was right along with him in this growing old together period. Finally I came up with an idea to do something that he'd see daily to let him know that I was truly in this with him. I wrote it down on a slip of paper on his 60th birthday and handed it to him! LOL! I wrote that from this day forward I would no longer color my hair. I was going to allow the gray to come in--and this decision--and this gift to him is irrevocable!

I last colored my hair on January 10th of this year. I had previously colored it to a light blonde. It's been almost 10 months now--and my hair has grown about 5 inches. I have shoulder length hair. I am hoping that by the time I turn 60, I can cut off the old dead straw like hair and have all my natural color hair at the length it is now--or at least very close to it. For me, it seems it is going to take about 2 years to have all natural hair reaching the shoulder length level.

Everyone's hair grows at a different rate. Since JM is younger, perhaps his grows more quickly. Also, I have read that hair grows faster during summer months. I live in the desert southwest--so I pretty much see summer weather far too long--to my liking anyway. (That may change soon enough though, as we may make a major move soon)

The location of MH's remains are also quite close a branch of the Hardware River. Would be nice to know if this spot was also good for fishing, which is reportely a favorite pastime of JM.

I too believe that JM fished there.

Wow--what an excellent question. Perhaps JM DID take the Bass couple to the airport.

Psychopathic sexual predators are very calculating, creative, manipulative, and deflective. Why was MH's purse, ID, and cell phone(w/batteries removed) placed at the UVA RV lot? Imo, likely to manipulate LE into thinking that the perp is from out of town/state..deflecting..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Dana_Harrington
MH's purse with her identification and cell phone (with batteries removed) was discovered in one of the arena's overflow parking areas, the RV lot at UVA's Lannigan Athletic Field.[1]

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/2663...s-about-how-she-helped-end-a-national-manhunt
Sour Lake woman tells 12News about how she helped end a national manhunt

After the arrest, Lumberton Police Chief Danny Sullins got a call that Matthew had been spotted in his town just a couple of days before at Taco Bell.
Sullins says surveillance video from Taco Bell shows a man who looks like Matthew. The video has been sent to the FBI.

In addition to the sighting at Taco Bell, Chief Sullins says the (RV) park manager of Village Creek says Matthew checked into a tent site there Monday, however three or four hours later, he had left the park.

I've always wondered why MH's body was found in the location where it was. Her remains were discovered about ten miles from the UVA arena in a remote area of the 742-acre farm and at least one and a half miles from road access. Seems, this would be a very private and secluded tent camping spot..

MH's death had been very violent and multiple bones were broken by the sadistic malignant psychopathic sexual predator responsible for her murder...
Do the math...

When did JM start growing the dreadlocks, and how does that relate (time wise) to the release of the sketch in the MH case?

Also, even if there is a DNA match to the MH case, if the DNA comes from MH's shirt, as I have heard, I would think LE has more work to do in order to tie JM to the crime scene before they could charge him in that case.

I don't know when he started growing the dreadlocks/braids, however, there is a photo shown of JM with short dreadlocks/braids during an interview of JM's father at this link (1:06 for photo):

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/intervie...nior-abduction-suspect-in-hannah-graham-case/

The sketch in the MH case came from the sketch in the 2005 Fairfax rape case. There is a September 2007 photo of JM in The Hook where he has short hair (no dreadlocks/braids).

ht_Morgan_Harrington_suspect_nt_120604_wmain.jpg
The offender has been forensically linked to two cases in the state of Virginia. On September 24, 2005, a 26-year-old female was walking home from the store in Fairfax when the offender grabbed her from behind, carried her to a pool/park area, and sexually assaulted her. On October 17, 2009, 20-year-old Morgan Dana Harrington was last seen leaving a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville. On January 26, 2010, Harrington’s remains were recovered in a field on a 700-acre farm in Albemarle County. The investigating agencies are requesting assistance in identifying the offender responsible for these crimes.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/morgan-har...fbi-releases-revised-sketch/story?id=16494885

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV