JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a matter of days before he is also booked on the sexual assault and Morgan's murder, IMO.

It's a huge relief to know that the Morgan Harrington murder is finally solved. I think it's fair to say that, per some statements at the time, she did indeed get into a taxi - she wasn't hitch-hiking. That must be a comfort to her parents ... to know that she didn't choose to put herself in a high risk environment with a potentially dangerous man

I think we can set aside descriptions of Jesse as a simple minded Christian. The only reason that he was seen with Hannah on the night she vanished is because he was cocky after getting away with rape and murder for more than a decade.

I would like to hear more now from LE about the two rapes that happened in same area of UVA the following Saturday and Sunday night after Hannah dissappeared. Especially now that a know rapist killer was on the prowl the night before? Did he decide to get more victims thinking he maybe close to being caught? Seen on video possibly? Witnesses with HG?

If JM was on LE's radar screen for 12 years and they had DNA, why the heck didn't they get a cig butt or a drink glass and run DNA.

Is that illegal?

i think the title is misleading they are only saying that he has been getting in trouble since 2002, they don't suggest of police suspecting him of being a serial anything at anytime. Just media trying to further stir the pot to get clicks.

While police work to piece the forensic evidence together, CBS 6 News investigates where Jesse Matthew was when Morgan Harrington disappeared in October of 2009.

CBS 6 News’ Lorenzo Hall discovered Matthew has been on police radar for about 12 years.
<Sniped - READ MORE: Video>
http://wtvr.com/2014/09/29/hannah-graham-morgan-harrington-connection/

"Matthew has been on police radar for about 12 years" seems very misleading to me based on this report. Lorenzo Hall basically gives a timeline of the potentially related crimes--rape at LU, leaving Chris. Newport U under unknown circumstances, rape in Fairfax, MH and HG--but otherwise no information that I have not read here, and no indication that LE had JM in their sights as a potential suspect in any crimes, except the alleged rape at LU.

I'm sorry, but I hate these misleading headlines/videos that I watch, and then wish I could have those five minutes of my life back. I spend enough time reading here as it is!

Yes. The DNA was found on Morgan's body

I think maybe I was confusing the forensic evidence link found between HG and MH to JM, with what was found on MH. I was aware that there was DNA found on MH linked to the 2005 crime, but I hadn't heard specifics if the forensic evidence linked to MH by JM is DNA or not. That's what threw me off.

I know what you mean.
I'm a bit on the fence, wondering if Morgan and Hannah, were his 'type'. Or, if there were others (as you speculate), and he developed this 'preference' over time.
I had wondered the same thing earlier, but I think the women he preyed on were young, alone at night and vulnerable in some way. The 2005 rape victim was a 26-year-old brunette, presumably from India or Pakistan, according to a witness who stated she was more comfortable speaking in her native tongue, which sounded like Urdu. Iirc, Morgan was petite and blonde. Hannah is nearly 6' tall with light brown hair. We don't know what the alleged rape victim from LU in 2002 looked like, but it seems the connection is more one of opportunity than premeditated selection.

i think the title is misleading they are only saying that he has been getting in trouble since 2002, they don't suggest of police suspecting him of being a serial anything at anytime. Just media trying to further stir the pot to get clicks.

Thank you for saying this, this news report annoyed me for that exact reason!

I'm interested in Samantha as a JLM victim because of the dates but I have not yet started to sleuth her case. Just wondering why it is said she was in contact with RAT before he disappeared... Cell phone records?

He called her 5 times right before dissapeareace

Yes. The DNA was found on Morgan's body

I have been trying to find a direct quote on this and haven't been able to find one. What I can find is the following:

1) the tshirt recovered had Morgan's DNA on it. LE would not comment if there was other DNA found on it.

2) there was DNA evidence found on Morgan's remains.

3) there is a forensic link between MH and HG cases.

Do we know that the DNA found on Morgan's body matches JM's? I don't think we are there yet.

There are some people who think that more than one person was involved in MH's death. So what does that tell us about DNA matches?

I posted the same thing! So annoying.

BBM
I agree. Very misleading.

I'm interested in Samantha as a JLM victim because of the dates but I have not yet started to sleuth her case. Just wondering why it is said she was in contact with RAT before he disappeared... Cell phone records?

On her cell phone, five phone calls from Randy Allen Taylor.

A lot of evidence had to be thrown out because, apparently, cops put a GPS tracker on his car without a warrant. So everything was thrown out because it violated the Constitution. He, five calls to Samantha Clarke just before she goes missing on her way to his trailer. We don`t know why. We don`t know how she was lured there.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1308/13/ng.01.html

Nineteen-year-old Samantha Clarke of Orange, Virginia disappeared in September of 2010. She had recently met Randy Taylor, who officials say called her at least five times in the hours before she disappeared.
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2013/12/18/4094209/

If JM was on LE's radar screen for 12 years and they had DNA, why the heck didn't they get a cig butt or a drink glass and run DNA.

Is that illegal?

I don't think it would be illegal, not if they got it from something he discarded. They should have just grabbed a bag of his trash. And then if it matched, they couldn't just go arrest him, but could begin a proper investigation of him, of his whereabouts at the time of crimes, etc and maybe get some probable cause warrants, jmo. Coulda, shoulda, woulda...

"Matthew has been on police radar for about 12 years" seems very misleading to me based on this report. Lorenzo Hall basically gives a timeline of the potentially related crimes--rape at LU, leaving Chris. Newport U under unknown circumstances, rape in Fairfax, MH and HG--but otherwise no information that I have not read here, and no indication that LE had JM in their sights as a potential suspect in any crimes, except the alleged rape at LU.

I'm sorry, but I hate these misleading headlines/videos that I watch, and then wish I could have those five minutes of my life back. I spend enough time reading here as it is!

totally agree

On her cell phone, five phone calls from Randy Allen Taylor.

A lot of evidence had to be thrown out because, apparently, cops put a GPS tracker on his car without a warrant. So everything was thrown out because it violated the Constitution. He, five calls to Samantha Clarke just before she goes missing on her way to his trailer. We don`t know why. We don`t know how she was lured there.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1308/13/ng.01.html

Nineteen-year-old Samantha Clarke of Orange, Virginia disappeared in September of 2010. She had recently met Randy Taylor, who officials say called her at least five times in the hours before she disappeared.
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2013/12/18/4094209/

To me, RT is responsible for Samantha...unless LE can prove a link between RT and JM.

Just a matter of days before he is also booked on the sexual assault and Morgan's murder, IMO.

Wanted to add a bit more about the September 2005 Fairfax sexual assault from this 07/01/10 article with the wanted poster attached. Mentioned are the clothes the attacker was wearing:

Police note that the suspect’s physical appearance may have changed since the drawing was completed. The suspect is described as a black male between 25 and 35 years of age, roughly 6&#8242; tall and with a medium build. He has black hair with a beard and mustache, and was described wearing a "black colored pullover sweater with a zipper, white t-shirt underneath and light colored pants." (Note: Suspect may have scratches on his face)

http://www.c-ville.com/UPDATE_Gil_H...hters_death_and_Fairfax_assault/#.VCoHdyh1NSU

I don't remember reading this before, though I may have. Anyways, it may give a reference point to anyone who had contact with JM in the time shortly before or after the attack with regards to his clothing or any scratches on his face (though scratches may have been hard to detect since the suspect had a beard).

Primarily agree, but white SKs definitely way outnumber black SKs. Whether that has to do with population size or not, I can't say.

As an aside, one thing I expect to see in the next 5-10 years is increased knowledge and study in couples that kidnap and/or kill.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
Critical Incident Response Group
Federal Bureau of Investigation

FBI Serial Murder September 2, 2005

Myth: Serial killers are all white males.

Contrary to popular belief, serial killers span all racial groups. There are white, African-American, Hispanic, and Asian serial killers. The racial diversification of serial killers generally mirrors that of the overall U.S. population.

<sniped & BBM for Focus - Read More>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member