JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was thinking about Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas, and this possibly being one of JM's first victims. I read that she went missing from the Wiley Bridge in Richmond on Easter Sunday. I noticed that in this article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/03/uva-kidnap-jesse-leroy-matthew_n_5929602.html JM is said to have prayed with his assistant pastor at Calvary Chapel. It was said that Jaisle was supposed to speak at her church in Richmond later that day, and there is also a Calvary Chapel in Richmond. Could this be a link between JM and Jaisle, the church connection - Calvary Chapel? Could JM have traveled to Richmond that day to participate in a Calvary Chapel youth type get together?

I was thinking about Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas, and this possibly being one of JM's first victims. I read that she went missing from the Wiley Bridge in Richmond on Easter Sunday. I noticed that in this article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/03/uva-kidnap-jesse-leroy-matthew_n_5929602.html JM is said to have prayed with his assistant pastor at Calvary Chapel. It was said that Jaisle was supposed to speak at her church in Richmond later that day, and there is also a Calvary Chapel in Richmond. Could this be a link between JM and Jaisle, the church connection Calvary Chapel? Could JM have traveled to Richmond that day to participate in a Calvary Chapel youth type get together?

If you look at a post I wrote on another board....you will see I'm thinking along the exact same lines as you...I think "religion" might have been how he got close to more then one women....in several of the reports...it mentions the victim left behind bible!

Here's my theory....at first I couldn't figure out how a Sophmore in HS without a license, would get to Henrico/Richmond and pull off a murder with absolutely NO LEADS.

But imagine this....JM takes a bus...they agree to meet at some location. She tells her parents she's going to study at U Richmond library.....(perhaps that she will see them later at church) but really has plans to meet up with JM for a "date".... What if this date involved a hike in the woods? It would be a very logical reason why she ONLY took her car keys (and don't forget at that time...HS kids didn't have cell phones).

I think maybe he killed her in the woods on a hike, and left her body there. Then walked out and took a bus back home.

I'm not familiar with the area her car was found...maybe if someone is familiar with Henrico....they can tell us if perhaps there might be a trail head, or woods, within the vacinity of the bridge where she left her car.

Also....and maybe most important....JM was almost done with Sophmore year....the next year he transferred to the new Monticello.....around this time is when he moved and his parents separated for reasons unknown....but I suspect abuse.

I think this is victim number one....because so many victims after that have sooooo many elements of that story in them....all items left, abandon cars, no trace....bodies found in woods.

If you look at a post I wrote on another board....you will see I'm thinking along the exact same lines as you...I think "religion" might have been how he got close to more then one women....in several of the reports...it mentions the victim left behind bible!

Here's my theory....at first I couldn't figure out how a Sophmore in HS without a license, would get to Henrico/Richmond and pull off a murder with absolutely NO LEADS.

But imagine this....JM takes a bus...they agree to meet at some location. She tells her parents she's going to study at U Richmond library.....(perhaps that she will see them later at church) but really has plans to meet up with JM for a "date".... What if this date involved a hike in the woods? It would be a very logical reason why she ONLY took her car keys (and don't forget at that time...HS kids didn't have cell phones).

I think maybe he killed her in the woods on a hike, and left her body there. Then walked out and took a bus back home.

I'm not familiar with the area her car was found...maybe if someone is familiar with Henrico....they can tell us if perhaps there might be a trail head, or woods, within the vacinity of the bridge where she left her car.

Also....and maybe most important....JM was almost done with Sophmore year....the next year he transferred to the new Monticello.....around this time is when he moved and his parents separated for reasons unknown....but I suspect abuse.

I think this is victim number one....because so many victims after that have sooooo many elements of that story in them....all items left, abandon cars, no trace....bodies found in woods.

Hi there....greast theory! The one "glitch" might be this: the bus station is in downtown Richmond and the Willey Bridge is pretty far from that. Of course, he could have gotten a ride, took a cab, etc.

He could have easily ridden down to Richmond with friends. It was said he was good friends with the assistant pastor, maybe he was the youth minister too, and he rode with him? It would be only about an hour or less, and seems very possible especially around a holiday (spring break/Easter). The two of them may have gone off together from her church (could she possibly have been a member of the Calvary Church in Richmond???? ), unbeknownst to anyone else, as it was stated she was headed to the U of R's library to study.
There are a lot of woods in that area, the Wiley Bridge goes over the James River there. Her car was found on the bridge, and that is a very heavily trafficked bridge, so either they left the bridge on foot together, or he brought the car back there later, or she started off on foot alone and he picked her up? That has been the mystery, how did the car end up abandoned on the bridge with all of her belongings, and bible, and her gone? I don't remember reading anywhere if the car was operable when found. It was a very horrible crime, happening on Easter Sunday no less. I am strongly suspecting JM here.

He could have easily ridden down to Richmond with friends. It would be only about an hour or less, and seems very possible especially around a holiday (spring break/Easter). The two of them may have gone off together from her church (could she possibly have been a member of the Calvary Church in Richmond???? ), unbeknownst to anyone else, as it was stated she was headed to the U or R's library to study.
There are a lot of woods in that area, the Wiley Bridge goes over the James River there. Her car was found on the bridge, and that is a very heavily trafficked bridge, so either they left the bridge on foot together, or he brought the car back there later, or she started off on foot alone and he picked her up? That has been the mystery, how did the car end up abandoned on the bridge with all of her belongings, and bible, and her gone? I don't remember reading anywhere if the car was operable when found. It was a very horrible crime, happening on Easter Sunday no less. I am strongly suspecting JM here.

Agreed!

He could have easily ridden down to Richmond with friends. It would be only about an hour or less, and seems very possible especially around a holiday (spring break/Easter). The two of them may have gone off together from her church (could she possibly have been a member of the Calvary Church in Richmond???? ), unbeknownst to anyone else, as it was stated she was headed to the U or R's library to study.

Oh i do too.....but I do not see this scenario playing out like you do....she wasnt due at the church till AFTER studying at U Rich.....if she was going to the church for some youth group thing where JM and his friends where, I doubt shed lie to parents about that. Additionally if she was with with a group, and her and JM snuck off....that would have come out as last eye witness sightings of her. But it did not. The last sightings of her where walking away from her parked car on that bridge.

I don't see JM going to Richmond with a car full of his friends, sneaking off with a girl, murdering her, she goes missing....and they all stay mum...no way!

This was a solo trip for sure. I get the impression even his MO moving forward was always been solo missions. I think he took a bus...met her very close to that bridge, and they both slipped into those woods close by...I would be willing to bet, her body was left not far from her car, in those woods.

The only thing I'm not sure about, is if this first kill was an accident or not. Or if with everything going on in his life, he somehow just lost it on her....maybe going into a brief psychotic break, only to realizing what he did when he looked down and saw her dead body.

*Also none of his direct peers likely would have had their license either.

Wait! It was Easter right?

What if he didn't NEED a ride anywhere! What if he was celebrating Easter Sunday at a relatives in Henrico!

What if he was in walking distance to that bridge!

Oh i do too.....but I do not see this scenario playing out like you do....she wasnt due at the church till AFTER studying at U Rich.....if she was going to the church for some youth group thing where JM and his friends where, I doubt shed lie to parents about that. Additionally if she was with with a group, and her and JM snuck off....that would have come out as last eye witness sightings of her. But it did not. The last sightings of her where walking away from her parked car on that bridge.

I don't see JM going to Richmond with a car full of his friends, sneaking off with a girl, murdering her, she goes missing....and they all stay mum...no way!

This was a solo trip for sure. I get the impression even his MO moving forward was always been solo missions. I think he took a bus...met her very close to that bridge, and they both slipped into those woods close by...I would be willing to bet, her body was left not far from her car, in those woods.

The only thing I'm not sure about, is if this first kill was an accident or not. Or if with everything going on in his life, he somehow just lost it on her....maybe going into a brief psychotic break, only to realizing what he did when he looked down and saw her dead body.

*Also none of his direct peers likely would have had their license either.
ok thanks, I forgot she was seen walking away from her car. Do you remember if the car was inoperable?
I get that she was supposed to be at church after studying. I seem to remember she never made it to U of R.??? So how did the two of them end up together? The church connection is plaguing me.

Interesting I came across this case:

-Dec. 25/ (Thu)/2008: Richmond,VA - 52yr old Pamela Morrison - (Became homeless in 2008. Went to homeless to work program but failed out. Kept in contact with family until Christmas 2008 then ceased all family contact.)

She also went missing from the same area on a Holiday!

ok thanks, I forgot she was seen walking away from her car. Do you remember if the car was inoperable?
I get that she was supposed to be at church after studying. I seem to remember she never made it to U of R.??? So how did the two of them end up together? The church connection is plaguing me.

Well I think its very possible they did know each other from "church", perhaps his pastor was big in organizing group activities and social things for youth in that part of VA. And perhaps Jaisle and JM met at one of these things.

Perhaps they talk on Instant messenger or something, maybe on the phone,perhaps her parents are the type where she isn't allowed to date.

So in their communication, he's like oh "I'm going to be in Henrico on Easter...anyway you can meet me?"

And she lies and says she's going to study, get out after celebrating Easter. JM tells his families he's gonna go to the store or just out for a walk....they meet near where her car is, and go for a walk in the woods, to be alone, and unseen...by anyone that might spot her with a boy...and tell her parents on her.

Only she never comes out of those woods, and JM goes back to his relatives house.

Because really when you think about it, what teenage girl goes to study at a library on the afternoon of Easter Sunday! That sounds like the bogus kind of lie you tell your parents when you need an excuse to get out of the house to do something they wouldn't allow....I mean what kind of parent says No to letting their daughter study.

So no She never made it to U Rich, but I also think she never had any intention of going to that library either.

As for the car, I don't remember reading it was inoperable, only that it was abandoned.

I think the only taking the keys thing is big. I had to think about this one for a while....but like you said there is woods everywhere there. I go for lots of hikes with my dogs...the only things I take with me when I go into the woods is my keys and phone. And its probably THE only circumstance in which I would leave all my other belonging in the car and walk away from it on my own.

I think the only taking the keys thing is big. I had to think about this one for a while....but like you said there is woods everywhere there. I go for lots of hikes with my dogs...the only things I take with me when I go into the woods is my keys and phone. And its probably THE only circumstance in which I would leave all my other belonging in the car and walk away from it on my own.
But that is what does not make any sense. The Wiley Bridge is not designed for pedestrians. You would never park there, and the park areas are a distance from there, leading me to believe the car was inoperable. But as such no one would take off on foot without their wallet to get help. The area is flanked by large private properties. I am wondering if your theory to meet up with JM is the right one, but then her car died, and she called (him), met him? whatever? and by chance he opportunistically found his first victim?

But that is what does not make any sense. The Wiley Bridge is not designed for pedestrians. You would never park there, and the park areas are a distance from there, leading me to believe the car was inoperable. But as such no one would take off on foot without their wallet to get help. The area is flanked by large private properties. I am wondering if your theory to meet up with JM is the right one, but then her car died, and she called (him), met him? whatever? and by chance he opportunistically found his first victim?

That's the part I struggle with. I wonder if he drove her car back there after the fact, to make it look like she'd abandoned it. Would they have kept DNA samples from the car under those circumstances, that long ago?

That's the part I struggle with. I wonder if he drove her car back there after the fact, to make it look like she'd abandoned it. Would they have kept DNA samples from the car under those circumstances, that long ago?
That makes the most sense to me, Except, eyewitness has her alone walking on the bridge away from her car, I think around 3 pm. Could that eye witness be mistaken? sure don't know about DNA that long ago.???

That makes the most sense to me, Except, eyewitness has her alone walking on the bridge away from her car, I think around 3 pm. Could that eye witness be mistaken? sure don't know about DNA that long ago.???

Argh. I, too, had forgotten about that. Can you provide the link for that one so I can re-read it? I checked back a few pages and don't see it.

Argh. I, too, had forgotten about that. Can you provide the link for that one so I can re-read it? I checked back a few pages and don't see it.
http://missingin.org/reg785/jaisle_elizabeth_thomas.htm
Towards the bottom of the description under "transportation". You know it is very difficult to find any info except the same missing persons report now.
I did read also that a search of the James took place, and I seem to remember they spent some time searching the area too. It is interesting that her shoes were found in the car, I wonder if those were her work shoes, or the only shoes she had at the time.

This thread has gotten so convoluted I can't even tell up from down. Unsubscribing for now. There is just too much conjecture for my tastes. I'm still seeing the same 5 or 6 possible victims that I saw in the beginning. Until I hear otherwise, I'll just focus on those. All the rumors about drugs, dealing and HG possibly intentionally meeting up with JLM? I just don't see it.

http://missingin.org/reg785/jaisle_elizabeth_thomas.htm
Towards the bottom of the description under "transportation". You know it is very difficult to find any info except the same missing persons report now.
I did read also that a search of the James took place, and I seem to remember they spent some time searching the area too. It is interesting that her shoes were found in the car, I wonder if those were her work shoes, or the only shoes she had at the time.

Thanks for that. Here's the one I remember reading, which includes the search and that her family suspects some young people who were jealous of her kidnapped her.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/thomas_jaisle.html

We discussed her quite a while back, and there was some strangeness to the fact that it was Easter Sunday, she was 1) going to the library then 2) going to either work or to give a speech at church and then 3) doing whichever of #2 she hadn't yet done. All on Easter Sunday? To be as religious as it seems she/her family is? And then, this article says they were planning to go to NY for "Easter weekend" after her disappearance. The last day of Easter weekend was the day she disappeared. It all just seems strange. It almost makes me wonder as if the date of her missing is incorrect.

Death or disappearance may be related to this perp for a number of good reasons and bear looking into for possible links. All mentioned at various times on threads, cited recently below:

~~~ Julie Fraser ~~~ SolVol's #636 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?258434-JLM-Other-Possible-Victims-2&p=11155481#post11155481

~~~ Bonnie Santiago ~~~ #640 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?258434-JLM-Other-Possible-Victims-2&p=11155826#post11155826

~~~ Jamisha Gilbert ~~~ #634 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...er-Possible-Victims-2&p=11155355#post11155355

~~~ Arianna Davis ~~~ #696 & 706 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?258434-JLM-Other-Possible-Victims-2&p=11158717#post11158717

~~~ Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas ~~~ #183 & 238
~~~ Sara A. Bruehl ~~~ shutterbug22 #173 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?258434-JLM-Other-Possible-Victims-2&p=11065382#post11065382

~~~ Vestora Spriggs ~~~http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/spriggs_vestora.html

~~~ Janice Johnson ~~~ #735 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?258434-JLM-Other-Possible-Victims-2&p=11160661#post11160661

~~~ Annie Horne ~~~ http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?104689-VA-Annie-Doris-Horne-38-Richmond-3-June-2001&p=11160689#post11160689

~~~ Tawanda Hill ~~~ #740 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?258434-JLM-Other-Possible-Victims-2&p=11164749#post11164749

^^^ Already being investigated by LE for links: ^^^ Autumn Day 
^^^ Sophia Rivera ^^^ Heidi Childs & David Metzler

^^^ Cassandra Morton
 ^^^ Joan Cook ^^^ Lauren Smith^^^ Dashad Sage Smith

^^^ Alexis Murphy

^^^ Samantha Clarke

^ http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?259956-Possible-Links-between-RAT-and-JM&p=11165130#post11165130
^^^ Rachel Good http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?219105-VA-Rachel-Nicole-Good-20-Elkton-18-Oct-2003&p=11101724#post11101724

Thanks for that. Here's the one I remember reading, which includes the search and that her family suspects some young people who were jealous of her kidnapped her.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/thomas_jaisle.html

We discussed her quite a while back, and there was some strangeness to the fact that it was Easter Sunday, she was 1) going to the library then 2) going to either work or to give a speech at church and then 3) doing whichever of #2 she hadn't yet done. All on Easter Sunday? To be as religious as it seems she/her family is? And then, this article says they were planning to go to NY for "Easter weekend" after her disappearance. The last day of Easter weekend was the day she disappeared. It all just seems strange. It almost makes me wonder as if the date of her missing is incorrect.
I know I found all that a bit confusing too. I am thinking it is ancient reporting/re-reporting errors. I can't make out if she was going to go to work/ ( (paycheck & uniform) was found in the car, or leaving work), or the schedule either. As far as the Easter week/holiday, she was Asian so I was thinking Easter didn't have a heavy religious tone, and that the following week they were off to NY, for spring break. IDK I do think it is notable however that she is Asian, as many of the traditional families I know, still do prefer/insist upon dating within their own culture. It would lend some credence to a secretive meeting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laznsher
Back