JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm a proud Virginia resident. I don't judge the Commonwealth by its rapists, but by the quality of people I encounter in my day-to-day life, as a Northern Virginia worker, as a SAR volunteer, and in my other pursuits that involve volunteers. Honestly, the quickest way to rejuvenate your hope and faith in the human race is to volunteer. The spirit of volunteerism is contagious, and changes you.

Oh I agree, but it can be kinda scary as a woman when you think about it is all I'm saying...lol

Yes. It's awful that way. It's too prevalent a problem to ignore and balancing feeling safe with feeling fear is never easy.

Yes. It's awful that way. It's too prevalent a problem to ignore and balancing feeling safe with feeling fear is never easy.

I am surprised about the necessity for UVA students to have to address issues with rape that it seems to be a common occurrence on or near campus. We have a girl suing UVA for their handling of her rape case and the perp, a few girls that are forming programs to increase their effort to bring awareness of the rape issue on campus, a few other girls commenting about the rape and even group rape as a potential occurrence.

It seems that the messages the guys are getting about women is all wrong at too early of an age perhaps for this to become a problem when they are out on their own in campus life.

Why should this be necessary now compared to the years when we used to leave our doors open in the case a friend wanted to stop by.

Our society has lost something very valuable in the way the people are nurtured and guided by principle and faith.

I'm a proud Virginia resident. I don't judge the Commonwealth by its rapists, but by the quality of people I encounter in my day-to-day life, as a Northern Virginia worker, as a SAR volunteer, and in my other pursuits that involve volunteers. Honestly, the quickest way to rejuvenate your hope and faith in the human race is to volunteer. The spirit of volunteerism is contagious, and changes you.

Hopefully - volunteers and people with influence will put a stop to the epidemic of rape on Virginia and other university campuses and the human trafficking and other murders so your SAR groups will only be called out for lost people in the Virginia wilderness. That would be my fondest hope!

Thank you, helpfulcharlie, for your vital work. Dogs teams have made a GREAT BIG DIFFERENCE in many cases!

(I hope the Dogs East teams searched Red Hills Quarry)

I am surprised about the necessity for UVA students to have to address issues with rape that it seems to be a common occurrence on or near campus. We have a girl suing UVA for their handling of her rape case and the perp, a few girls that are forming programs to increase their effort to bring awareness of the rape issue on campus, a few other girls commenting about the rape and even group rape as a potential occurrence.

It seems that the messages the guys are getting about women is all wrong at too early of an age perhaps for this to become a problem when they are out on their own in campus life.

Why should this be necessary now compared to the years when we used to leave our doors open in the case a friend wanted to stop by.

Our society has lost something very valuable in the way the people are nurtured and guided by principle and faith.

Absolutely right on.

You cannot have drugs, drinking, consensual sex, co-ed dorms, living together on and off campus and abortion without things getting out of hand. All this leads to increased health risks, physical danger and emotional damage and later, when these people marry, there is a sparse chance of staying together...and the result is multiple marriages, divorces and damaged children (like JLM). This is according to empirical research and statistics.

In my view, there is too much violence in our entertainment and exposure to it begins at an early age for all of us. Our multimedia should get away from that and choose themes that will inspire.

Our society has to stop objectifying women on any and all levels. It is wrong, disrespectful, not to mention, sends a horrible message to our children.

We need to reset the tone to reflect how we want our world to be. JMO MOO

In my view, there is too much violence in our entertainment and exposure to it begins at an early age for all of us. Our multimedia should get away from that and choose themes that will inspire.

Our society has to stop objectifying women on any and all levels. It is wrong, disrespectful, not to mention, sends a horrible message to our children.

We need to reset the tone to reflect how we want our world to be. JMO MOO

A lot of these kids are getting their life lessons and values from Gossip Girl and Revenge, etc. Such unhealthy, unhappy, immoral lifestyles and beliefs lead to very negative outcomes.

A lot of these kids are getting their life lessons and values from Gossip Girl and Revenge, etc. Such unhealthy, unhappy, immoral lifestyles and beliefs lead to very negative outcomes.[/QUOTE

When I started raising children, it became so clear to me how many negative influences were out there.if my kids happened to flip to a show that had unhealthy messages, I always tried to stop what I was doing and sit down and watch with them and after had a little exchange about what they thought may be outcomes of the negative behavior going on in the show. I just couldn't sit by and hope for the best in leaving my children to their own devices in front of the screen, my values being sabotaged.

And my apologies for the OT.

A lot of these kids are getting their life lessons and values from Gossip Girl and Revenge, etc. Such unhealthy, unhappy, immoral lifestyles and beliefs lead to very negative outcomes.

Priests? Clergy scandals?

Absolutely right on.

You cannot have drugs, drinking, consensual sex, co-ed dorms, living together on and off campus and abortion without things getting out of hand. All this leads to increased health risks, physical danger and emotional damage and later, when these people marry, there is a sparse chance of staying together...and the result is multiple marriages, divorces and damaged children (like JLM). This is according to empirical research and statistics.
These things all existed when my grandparents were being raised, not sure your point is accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of these kids are getting their life lessons and values from Gossip Girl and Revenge, etc. Such unhealthy, unhappy, immoral lifestyles and beliefs lead to very negative outcomes.[/QUOTE

When I started raising children, it became so clear to me how many negative influences were out there.if my kids happened to flip to a show that had unhealthy messages, I always tried to stop what I was doing and sit down and watch with them and after had a little exchange about what they thought may be outcomes of the negative behavior going on in the show. I just couldn't sit by and hope for the best in leaving my children to their own devices in front of the screen, my values being sabotaged.

And my apologies for the OT.

I make sure not to let my kids watch the news, I don't want them hearing about toddlers getting raped and contracting HIV. It's a sick freaking world, but it always has been.

These things all existed when my grandparents were being raised, not sure your point is accurate.

I keep going back to the obvious really, I think all of it leads back to the fact that these things have always existed and been happening all over the world, but now you are more likely to hear about them, where as before there was no internet and fast media sources. IMO

The body found in Salem of I-81 has been identified as Scott Cahill of Roanoke. http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/s...cle_13c20d5b-c5bc-5e1e-854b-3496de707701.html

Yes. All the news outlets are posting more information about the circumstances, as well; the body had identifiable fingerprints. WSLS included this detail about the discovery, too: "State police who deal with meth labs are on the scene, but police will not comment on whether there is/was a lab at the location."

The Isle of Wight County body has not yet been identified, though, as far as I can tell.

Haven't seen anything either, but I hope someone will post if an ID is made!

Now that JM has been moved to Fairfax(per Coy Barefoot) ,I think we will see, how his attorneys are going to approach the first of many cases with a live victim,pointing her finger and telling the court how he beat and assaulted her,and tried to strangle her. I'm sure he is being kept in isolation because he would be the target for other inmates rage;he's not going to be popular in the prison system. DC street gangs are a tough bunch and they don't like loners who rape and kill innocent females. His days of doing things' his way' are over. The courts may sentence him; but his life is going to get real tough now. Let's see how the 'Teddy Bear' likes the bed he made. I don't really like being vindictive but this man has hurt so many for his own selfish greed,it's his turn to pay.

Now that JM has been moved to Fairfax(per Coy Barefoot) ,I think we will see, how his attorneys are going to approach the first of many cases with a live victim,pointing her finger and telling the court how he beat and assaulted her,and tried to strangle her. I'm sure he is being kept in isolation because he would be the target for other inmates rage;he's not going to be popular in the prison system. DC street gangs are a tough bunch and they don't like loners who rape and kill innocent females. His days of doing things' his way' are over. The courts may sentence him; but his life is going to get real tough now. Let's see how the 'Teddy Bear' likes the bed he made. I don't really like being vindictive but this man has hurt so many for his own selfish greed,it's his turn to pay.

Is that really true? I can't see gang members caring about women and crimes against them. They are probably more concerned about rival gang members.

The prison system is all about control;there is a hierarchy among thugs . All of the inmates have families;sisters,girlfriends,etc.and they don't like pedophiles,rapists, and gays. If you understand that gangs have the power of numbers working together ;they can be dangerous to loners . JM will be a target in jail ,and prison will be a nightmare. You've got men with years of incarceration that can be very nasty to someone like JM. They have time on their side.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3
Back