JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
George Carr - Alblemarie County and the Farm. Why did JLM use this name? Is there a grudge from his family history?

http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/george-carr

http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/carr-family

Anchorage Farm historical link, it's interesting reading. Notice the secret rooms, and false windows, as well as Uncle Edwards Bedroom and Polly's 4 H room. Why was MH's body placed there? Is there any history? They already have a cemetary, it would be interesting to see who is buried there and how the history might tie in.

http://www.dhr.virginia.gov/registers/Counties/Albemarle/002-0734_Anchorage_2001_Final_NR.pdf

Is there a darker history of Anchorage Farm? Where there ever any other killings or unexplained deaths on this property over the course of history? Just curious.

Notice that on Page 13 of the Registration Application of the Historic Register, it is stated that David Bass purchased the property in 1983 after which it has been rented by the same tenant for almost 20 years!
The document is dated in 2001. Based on that information, David Bass did not live at Anchorage Farm in 2001 and we don't know when he began occupying the property. It does make me wonder if perhaps Jesse Matthew might have worked for the tenant and that's how he became familiar with the property. After all, that tenant lived at Anchorage Farm beginning from the time Jesse was a baby and still lived there during JLM's teen years (and perhaps later) when he might have been doing odd jobs. Just something to think about during this slow period, but it might prove to be significant. As well, Jesse might have learned about George Carr having lived at Anchorage Farm from that tenant since Jesse doesn't seem like the type to have researched that himself.

Notice that on Page 13 of the Registration Application of the Historic Register, it is stated that David Bass purchased the property in 1983 after which it had been rented by the same tenant for almost 20 years!

Agreed, but who owned the property prior? There is a good article on BOC, that references Anchorage Farm, and goes way back into the history.

My post was about the Farm's History and Genealogy and of course possible ties to JLM.

Agreed, but who owned the property prior? There is a good article on BOC, that references Anchorage Farm, and goes way back into the history.

My post was about the Farm's History and Genealogy and of course possible ties to JLM.

I added to my post. I accidentally bumped post before I was finished. This will help explain my thoughts.
Also, prior owners are listed on that same document for registration.

Notice that on Page 13 of the Registration Application of the Historic Register, it is stated that David Bass purchased the property in 1983 after which it has been rented by the same tenant for almost 20 years!
The document is dated in 2001. Based on that information, David Bass did not live at Anchorage Farm in 2001 and we don't know when he began occupying the property. It does make me wonder if perhaps Jesse Matthew might have worked for the tenant and that's how he became familiar with the property. After all, that tenant lived at Anchorage Farm beginning from the time Jesse was a baby and still lived there during JLM's teen years (and perhaps later) when he might have been doing odd jobs. Just something to think about during this slow period, but it might prove to be significant. As well, Jesse might have learned about George Carr having lived at Anchorage Farm from that tenant since Jesse doesn't seem like the type to have researched that himself.

Tracking with you :)

BUT, family and friends say that when the toxicology came back, it showed only one Prozac and an anti-anxiety med. Something may have happened to her inside a vehicle and "behind McDonald's" may have been in any area behind the McDonald's. Her "two friends" have never been publicly named. But even if the McDonald's story was bogus...and something did happen in Fluvanna...well, we know Jesse Matthew has direct ties to Fluvanna. What if she was another disoriented pretty college aged girl wandering about disoriented and alone...perfect scenario and type of situation for the opportunistic rapist/killer. JLM Jr. We also know that six months prior he showed some kind of remorse, after attacking the lawyer, and drove him to the hospital...Martha Jefferson is where KC Fox was taken.

Well. . .anti-anxiety med could likely mean amitriptyline. I have spent waaaay too much of my life devoted to the "Mysterious death of Morgan Ingram," (seriously, WAAAAAY too much) to not know that amitryptyline is the suicide drug of choice by people that know and research suicide. If it is true that Kristan experienced the traumatic murder of her own mother, I would not be surprised AT ALL if she was suicidal. And if she was, a suicide cocktail, which means amitriptyline, would not be shocking.

Look, I don't know what happened too poor Kristan, but I do know that it happened in a house in Fluvanna. . .not behind the McDonald's. I also know that family members also have a difficult time accepting things like suicide of a loved one. So, I would have to see those tox reports myself . . .because . . . Toni Ingam. :banghead:

There is NO evidence that she was EVER behind that McDonald's. Did she suicide on an "anti-anxiety" med like amitryptiline, after the trauma of witnessing her own mother's murder? Was she killed by her "suspicious" boyfriend? Idk. . .what I DO know is that she wasn't beaten, choked and raped. She wasn't found as nothing but skeletal remains near a vacant house in a rural area. Someone bothered to take her to an ER. She wasn't incapacitated when she went missing. . .not walking home from the grocery store, arms full of groceries . . .not hitch hiking on a bridge f'd up on Molly after being separated from her friends at a concert . . . and not wandering around lost and intoxicated on a pedestrian mall.

I wish we could say that JM is responsible for every missing woman and girl in Virginia, but it would be irresponsible to do so. Unfortunately there are LOTS of bad things happening in Virginia. . .there is RAT,which remains to be seen if there is a connection with JM. Now we have this Barnes fellow. . .:puke: We can't ignore the possibilty that Moody might be responsible for many of the women missing from Virginia Beach and even these UID's that have recently been discovered in SC.

I would LOVE to rap it all up in a tight little Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr. bow. . .but I am from the PNW. . .and Theodore Bundy isn't responsible for every woman that ever went missing here. Some areas seemingly just breed this shiite. :(

Looks like someone was teaching him some family history.

Isle of Wight remains were of a woman. I don't have a link but just heard it on my local news.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

In the last few days we have heard of two bodies turning up in Virginia. (Isle o of Wight/wooded area & Roanoke off an exit ramp of I-81)
Hopefully, one or both will be ID'd as known missing persons and not new UIDs.

If anyone finds maps to the locations of these two remains, please post them.

If the bodies were found by a creek, it might be a connection to other victims of JLM. MH, HG and CM were found by creeks. The Fairfax rape victim was dragged/carried and attacked near a pool.

You can find the information in the book "the jefferson nephews" on google:

http://www.amazon.com/Jeffersons-Nephews-A-Frontier-Tragedy/dp/0803282974

< The brutal axe murder and dismemberment of a Negro slave, committed in 1811 by two brothers, Lilburne and Isham Lewis, whose mother was Thomas Jefferson?s sister and whose father was his first cousin, form the core of this historical detective story and account of frontier life in western Kentucky in the first decades of the nineteenth century.
On the night of December 15, 1811, drunk and enraged over the breaking of a pitcher, Lilburne bound his seventeen-year-old slave, George, and, in front of the assembled household?s other slaves, cut off his head. The brothers were indicted for murder, released on bail, and attempted suicide.

Boynton Merrill Jr. explores the tragic combination of circumstances and social forces that culminated in this ghastly event: the lawlessness of the frontier settlements, the dehumanizing effects of chattel slavery, and the Lewis family?s history of mental instability and their ever-declining fortunes.>

Second reference:

http://www.dhr.virginia.gov/registers/Counties/Albemarle/002-0734_Anchorage_2001_Final_NR.pdf

<The Anchorage is a substantial farmhouse which evolved over half a century beginning possibly as early as 1826. The property was owned first by the Lewis family, for some 20 years by the Howell Lewis family, and then for more than a century and a quarter by John White and his descendants. The Whites were prominent farmers and citizens. The house is characterized by impressive Victorian embellishments including Gothic Revival interior woodwork, elaborate porches with scroll-sawn ornament, highly original Italianate octagonal columns, and both real and false windows enriched with elaborate wooden pediments resting on brackets. The house sits in a bucolic setting that includes a barn and family cemetery, both contributing resources, in the midst of rolling fields surrounded by hills and mountain vistas. The property is eligible under Criterion C in the area of architecture for the unusual character of its architectural finishes and the high degree of integrity of its evolved form. It is a key element of a group of related area buildings that merit additional study. >

Thinking out loud. JMO of course. ;)

The murder of George the slave (not sure about a surname) took place in KY. The drunken brothers who committed this act, Isham and Lilburne Lewis, were nephews of Thomas Jefferson, and grew up on the land that became Anchorage farm.

The Lewis brothers were arrested for their crime and one committed suicide and the other escaped (helped?) and went west. The widow of one brother returned with her children to Virginia to be looked after by relatives. The brother who went west (according to the book) is said to have died in a war and his body never recovered. I'm not sure what happened to his wife and children. That is likely in the book, Jefferson's Nephews.

I don't know if anyone has posted this idea/thought.

What if the headlines read one day DNA from JLM's taxi linked to relatives of missing victims.

If touch forensics is possible and DNA sampling from relatives of those missing in the area is possible in the case a body is not found. There might be a chance to potentially connect JLM to the missing victims.

Same for any other frequently used space or object of JLM's.

<snip>

I wish we could say that JM is responsible for every missing woman and girl in Virginia, but it would be irresponsible to do so. Unfortunately there are LOTS of bad things happening in Virginia. . .there is RAT,which remains to be seen if there is a connection with JM. Now we have this Barnes fellow. . .:puke: We can't ignore the possibilty that Moody might be responsible for many of the women missing from Virginia Beach and even these UID's that have recently been discovered in SC.

I would LOVE to rap it all up in a tight little Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr. bow. . .but I am from the PNW. . .and Theodore Bundy isn't responsible for every woman that ever went missing here. Some areas seemingly just breed this shiite. :(

I agree with this. I think we want to connect mysterious deaths to someone. Humans like to have answers, and we hate not being able to solve mysteries, it's our nature. But I think some of the cases discussed here are real longshots, especially given what we know of JLM's known victims and how they died/he tried to kill them (strangulation), who he targeted (college-aged young women who were walking alone after dark), and so on. It's definitely worth looking at any mysterious death again, especially given that JLM and at least three others were operating in Virginia at that time (RAT, Barnes and Washington), but sometimes drug overdose, suicide or other natural causes are more likely. I think you're right in the case of Kristan Fox. Even if her death is foul play, I don't know that her case is similar enough to Fairfax, Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington to be connected to JLM.

On the other hand, given JLM's alias and where the Isle of Wight body was found, I would not be even a little bit surprised if the remains found in Carrsville were connected to JLM in some way. Not all women who go missing in the area a serial killer operates are connected to that killer, but this is too similar to MH and HG to not be looked at. Especially since it turns out that two women, one of whom fits his victim profile (Autumn Day), went missing in Newport News while JLM was living there. I have a really bad feeling that this will turn out to be Autumn Day. I really hope I'm wrong, but I won't be even a little surprised if it is her.

And I'm still waiting to hear about Cassandra Morton — I really think she'll be connected somehow, too, just because one of the LE in her case said that the scene where her body was found was so similar to how Morgan Harrington was found, and she was found on the Liberty University grounds. The areas where Hannah and Morgan were found were very close to his childhood home, so I think he does leave bodies in places that have meaning to him, and in rural areas (I agree with others that he probably meant to leave Hannah at the park and couldn't for some reason).

If the bodies were found by a creek, it might be a connection to other victims of JLM. MH, HG and CM were found by creeks. The Fairfax rape victim was dragged/carried and attacked near a pool.

The WTKR article says the Isle of Wight remains were found in the area of Harvest Drive and Gardner Lane in Carrsville. I'm not seeing any creeks on Google Maps, but there does seem to be a small pond in the area. Not sure if the remains were found anywhere near it, though.

http://goo.gl/maps/KFthw

Google map referencing the other two recent bodies found in VA in the last week, and the cited articles.

Does anyone know if they have made a a positive id in either of these cases? Just curious to see if they might match any of the other missing women in VA.

Harvest Drive Carnesville VA

http://wavy.com/2014/11/07/possible-human-remains-found-in-carrsville-woods/

Exit 137 Roanoke VA

http://www.wsls.com/story/27267571/body-found-off-interstate-81-in-roanoke-county

Tempo
Anchorage farm
Old Lynchburg

added as a reference point on the map link above.

I agree with this. I think we want to connect mysterious deaths to someone. Humans like to have answers, and we hate not being able to solve mysteries, it's our nature. But I think some of the cases discussed here are real longshots, especially given what we know of JLM's known victims and how they died/he tried to kill them (strangulation), who he targeted (college-aged young women who were walking alone after dark), and so on. It's definitely worth looking at any mysterious death again, especially given that JLM and at least three others were operating in Virginia at that time (RAT, Barnes and Washington), but sometimes drug overdose, suicide or other natural causes are more likely. I think you're right in the case of Kristan Fox. Even if her death is foul play, I don't know that her case is similar enough to Fairfax, Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington to be connected to JLM.

On the other hand, given JLM's alias and where the Isle of Wight body was found, I would not be even a little bit surprised if the remains found in Carrsville were connected to JLM in some way. Not all women who go missing in the area a serial killer operates are connected to that killer, but this is too similar to MH and HG to not be looked at. Especially since it turns out that two women, one of whom fits his victim profile (Autumn Day), went missing in Newport News while JLM was living there. I have a really bad feeling that this will turn out to be Autumn Day. I really hope I'm wrong, but I won't be even a little surprised if it is her.

And I'm still waiting to hear about Cassandra Morton — I really think she'll be connected somehow, too, just because one of the LE in her case said that the scene where her body was found was so similar to how Morgan Harrington was found, and she was found on the Liberty University grounds. The areas where Hannah and Morgan were found were very close to his childhood home, so I think he does leave bodies in places that have meaning to him, and in rural areas (I agree with others that he probably meant to leave Hannah at the park and couldn't for some reason).

Don't forget Darryl David Rice just got out of prison. He was an active assaulter of women along the Monacan Trail - Hwy 29 - and has been called the Hwy 29 Stalker, though some say RAT was also stalking women there.

http://wavy.com/2014/09/30/newport-news-detectives-to-revisit-2003-disappearances/

<Autumn Wind Day, 24, was last seen on July 24, 2003 at a Food Lion in the 10000 block of Warwick Boulevard. The next day her car was found abandoned in the grocery store&#8217;s parking lot, which is two miles from CNU.

Sophie May Rivera, 31, was last seen September 7, 2003 at her home in the 800 block of 31st Street, seven miles from CNU. She disappeared, leaving behind her children.

Christopher Newport University administrators said Matthew attended the school from January 2003 through October 15, 2003. He was also briefly on the university&#8217;s football team.

&#8220;Students don&#8217;t usually leave in the second month of the semester or leave the football team within a month. However, federal student record privacy laws (FERPA) limit the information we can provide. The university is fully cooperating with law-enforcement agencies,&#8221; the university said in a statement last week.

When asked if the CNU Police Department ever investigated Matthew, a university spokeswoman said, &#8220;there is a single file responsive to your request at CNUPD.&#8221;

However, the university is not releasing the record or any information about it, citing two exceptions in the Code of Virginia to the Virginia Freedom of Information Act&#8217;s mandatory disclosure of police records.

Those exceptions involve withholding information that could jeopardize a police investigation or the prosecution of a suspect.>

According to a map, 137 is the 3rd Salem exit going south.

http://ourvalley.org/dead-or-alive-police-ask-help-in-finding-woman-missing-for-1-year/

According to descriptions police put out then, Cook was last seen about 11 p.m. that date, when she left home on foot. A text message not long after that showed she was about 6 miles away at Salem&#8217;s 3rd exit on I-81, and was heading south.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPcap/2000-03/09/060r-030900-idx.html
Va. Woman Was Abducted, Left to Die in Car Trunk

SPOTSYLVANIA, Va., March 8&#8212;Almost a decade after one of this county's most notorious slayings, a jury today convicted a 38-year-old Baltimore man of first-degree felony murder, abduction, robbery and aggravated sexual battery, and recommended two life sentences plus 40 years as his punishment.

Prosecutors called the July 23, 1990, killing of Nancy S. Seay one of the most sensational cases in memory in Spotsylvania County, 50 miles south of Washington; it also was the first to proceed to a death penalty prosecution here since 1981. But after more than six hours of deliberation, the jury elected not to impose capital punishment on Michael Anthony Morris, instead choosing felony murder, which translates as causing someone's death while committing a separate crime.

A defense witness, Althena Caldwell of Las Vegas, testified that she saw Seay talking with two men that day, a tall white man and a short black man. She said she called police after learning of Seay's death, but was never contacted. When Morris was arrested, she said, she called police again to tell them they had the wrong man. But investigators weren't interested, she said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3
Back