JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last night I read about a series of violent rapes and attacks in Charlottesville that began around 1999. The perp, Washington, was convicted of seven of the attacks. It seems to me there was more than seven attacks during the spree. Although I'm not certain of the count, it doesn't seem as though all the cases were connected to him.

In reading, the description of the perp in several of the cases was a tall (6 ft) strong AA male, over 200 lbs, between 20-30 yrs old. Other attacks describe an AA male, 5' 8", approx 180 lbs. Some of the attacks, to me, sound similar to the Fairfax rape by JLM.

Does anyone else think that JLM might be responsible for some of the attacks that have not been attributed to Washington?

Last night I read about a series of violent rapes and attacks in Charlottesville that began around 1999. The perp, Washington, was convicted of seven of the attacks. It seems to me there was more than seven attacks during the spree. Although I'm not certain of the count, it doesn't seem as though all the cases were connected to him.

In reading, the description of the perp in several of the cases was a tall (6 ft) strong AA male, over 200 lbs, between 20-30 yrs old. Other attacks describe an AA male, 5' 8", approx 180 lbs. Some of the attacks, to me, sound similar to the Fairfax rape by JLM.

Does anyone else think that JLM might be responsible for some of the attacks that have not been attributed to Washington?

Agreed.

Given how many colleges do exactly that, I would be surprised if they had reformed before this case. I do hope they (and other colleges) are revisiting their policies now. But there are similar cases that are ongoing right now — such as Emma Sulkowicz at Columbia, who reported that she was raped and the school swept it under the rug. Two other students say the man she accused raped them as well. He's still a student there. Is he going to be another JLM in 10 years?

Rape should be just as much of a red flag as arson or animal abuse when it comes to violent offenders, IMO. So many convicted and suspected serial killers have a history of sexual assault accusations before they every kill someone, and suspects such as Jesse Matthew (and the GPS killers, and Darren Vann, and Delvin Barnes, and other suspected serial killers and rapists in the news) should be in prison and getting treatment (both). They should not be out roaming around free for decades, able to commit even worse crimes.

And when these kinds of accusations pop up at colleges, police should handle them, not administration, and if there isn't enough evidence to make a case, the accused should still be encouraged to undergo counseling. It might not help them, but a decent psychologist would likely spot other red flags if they are there (although some violent offenders are good enough to stay under the radar even then; Bundy probably could have, for example).

Psychological testing and background checks should precede a football scholarship. CURRENTLY - college sports figures have a very high statistical rape incidence - http://www.ncava.org/statistics.html That is shameful and needs to be stopped.

As a grandparent of a college freshman, this case and the behavior of UVA and other college administrations makes me extremely angry.

I recall the name of a woman, Kristan Charlene Fox whose body was found behind the McDonalds in Zion Crossroads (which is an exit off I-64... a few exits east of Charlottesville). Maybe i missed it, but I didn't see her name on any of our lists of possible victims. This link gives a brief description of her death. I don't think it was ever solved. This crime received very little coverage and went cold quickly.
http://www.newsplex.com/news/headlines/80632892.html

Go to times dispatch.com jan 29 that year-- this was a drug death not murder

As I scroll through the New Posts, I see only this one in connection with Hannah Graham. What a beautiful person she was! She appears to me to be so graceful, so talented, so full of life, so intelligent, so worldly, so promising. To have her life cut short so quickly because a 32 year old man, who made nothing of his life, decided that what he wanted was more important than her life is very, very sad.

BBM & Respectfully snipped.

His victims seems to be exactly what he was NOT, and could never be. I see this as a significant factor in his sick & twisted mind. JMO

BBM & Respectfully snipped.

His victims seems to be exactly what he was NOT, and could never be. I see this a significant factor in his sick & twisted mind. JMO

Agreed, and would like to add, that it seems to me: His victims, the women for whom he is charged, or about to be, with the rape and murders, and the ones that may have yet to be linked, may have been all about him, at the time, and pure chance. Not getting caught seems to have been a defining factor, not having them live to tell or be found, as well, but most of all his gross needs, if not undetected completely, so very well hidden under layers and layers of this and that. Time will tell.

Sorry, but I'm confused. Skeletal remains found on the Isle of Wight? What's that got to do with JLM?

Isle of Wight is directly across the James River Bridge from Newport News and closest rural area, JM stomping grounds. Might of might not have anything to do with JM but I thought it would be of interest to some.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I sure hope that the colleges that expelled Jesse Matthews due to predatory behaviour with young women have amended their ways.

That is, I sure hope that the colleges attended by Jesse Matthews are not continuing to supress sexual assault reports to protect the sports team at that college.

What are the names of the colleges that Jesses Matthew attended as a super doper Mr Big Bulldoze football player that was untouchable except for an allegation of sexual assault.

If he had not beaten the women so viciously, JLM might not have been expelled by most schools even today - but the brutality of his attacks would stand to shock even the most scandal-phobic PC-oriented administrators.

JMO

Thank you for the information. Welcome, too.

Thank you. I live in Newport News about 2 miles from CNU and 1/4 mile from the Food Lion (where I shop) where Autumn Wind Day went missing. The JM case sparked my interest with local ties so I found this place digging for info. Newport News is a decent sized city so people going missing isn't that uncommon and a randon body found is usually from a homeless person. Isle of Wight is the opposite. It might not be JM, but I guarantee that body was stashed.

I do.

I am pretty sure this Isle of Wight is a county in Virginia, in the Va Beach/Norfolk/Newport News area. Christopher Newport University is in Newport News, where JLM was a student briefly. A local will correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for clarifying. I was thinking a skeleton in England was quite a stretch. :facepalm:

Thank you. I live in Newport News about 2 miles from CNU and 1/4 mile from the Food Lion (where I shop) where Autumn Wind Day went missing. The JM case sparked my interest with local ties so I found this place digging for info. Newport News is a decent sized city so people going missing isn't that uncommon and a randon body found is usually from a homeless person. Isle of Wight is the opposite. It might not be JM, but I guarantee that body was stashed.

Very interesting. Thanks again. Hope you keep digging.

I recall the name of a woman, Kristan Charlene Fox whose body was found behind the McDonalds in Zion Crossroads (which is an exit off I-64... a few exits east of Charlottesville). Maybe i missed it, but I didn't see her name on any of our lists of possible victims. This link gives a brief description of her death. I don't think it was ever solved. This crime received very little coverage and went cold quickly.
Yes, and not far from Louisa. Then thinking about Bonnie Santiago who was last seen on Carter's Mountain and her car was found days later in ZION CROSSING! Then, I am reminded of Alexis Murphy's car ending up nearly 30 miles from Lovingston, in Charlottesville.

Kristan Charlene Fox was an assistant professor/graduate student, in either Criminal Justice or Forensic Science, at VCU. She had a boyfriend in the Fluvanna, iirc, area.

Psychological testing and background checks should precede a football scholarship. CURRENTLY - college sports figures have a very high statistical rape incidence - http://www.ncava.org/statistics.html That is shameful and needs to be stopped.

As a grandparent of a college freshman, this case and the behavior of UVA and other college administrations makes me extremely angry.

Major pet peeve of mine. Perhaps we can start a thread to discuss the "victims" of college athletics i.e. the young, bright and eager-to-learn students who were not accepted into a good college/university....whose "spots" were filled, instead, with "dumb jocks" who can barely spell their own names. Not all jocks are "dumb", but check out the graduation rate of varsity athletes at colleges/universities. Abysmal. In Virginia, only the College of William & Mary seems to care more about academic qualifications over atheticism. Totally OT, but had Liberty and CNU not placed more emphasis on their athletic ranking than on having athletes meet the same standards that others must meet to be admitted, NO DOUBT IN MY MIND that JM would never had matriculated into either. But they did, and girls were irreparably harmed. Shame on the athlete double-standard! Rant over.

Go to times dispatch.com jan 29 that year-- this was a drug death not murder
Not necessarily; it was just an easy assumption by LE, but there are many indications that it may have been more than a simple OD, friends panic and drive her to Martha Jefferson Hospital. Morgan H was disoriented and possibly under the influence, Hannah G is said to have been inebriated, Jamisha Gilbert was said to have been under the influence of some strong pot and was disoriented by that and possibly the car accident and Cassandra Morton was known to have a drug problem. I would take a second look at the Fox case because for all we know, she was hanging out with people who were in some way associated with JLM Jr or in a neighborhood where he knew someone else. We know for a fact that he was an associate of a female who worked at a convenience store in Albemarle and who lived in Fluvanna. In court docs she was said to have called him when the boyfriend of her co-worker was following and stalking her... who's to say that Kristen Fox didn't stumble outside and cross paths with JLM Jr, the opportunist rapist and murderer.

If Isle of Wight County is so close to Newport News, should someone tip them off to check if the remains belong to Autumn Day or Sophie Rivera? They both went missing from Newport News area while JLM was a student at CNU.

The article doesn't say how old the remains are, they may be way too far out of the ~2003 timeframe to be connected to either of them, but I just keep thinking Autumn Day especially looks like someone who may have caught JLM's eye, and the circumstances of her disappearance seem so similar to the 2005 Fairfax case.

I have already posted about this but want to bring it to light again as it may have gotten lost in the shuffle. If you look closer at that article it says the remains were found in southern Carrsville.
Just another one of those "could be" coincidences. So I would watch this case a little closer as the more I look into these cases the more I think the location of the bodies has some meaning.
Also, if anyone here is good at researching family trees and what not it would be great to see if JM's family has ties to this area.
Carrsville is named after Jesse Carr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3
Back