JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I contacted, Mr Barefoot and Law enforcement with my original, football game theory/ trigger. FWIW. Maybe it will be valuable.

Look, JM got banned from football and school due to rape accusation on a student, correct? Couldn't play, correct?

Murder them..then they can't ever tell on you.

Sounds like a motive for sexual hatred to me.

Look, JM got banned from football and school due to rape accusation on a student, correct? Couldn't play, correct?

Murder them..then they can't ever tell on you.

Sounds like a motive for sexual hatred to me.

My working theory for sure.

This article from the hook has a long list of rapes connected by DNA and/or MO. It's dated January 2003. One would like to think this person has already been found OR, since there was DNA, JM has either been cleared of these or someone else arrested. Sorry if it has already been posted, I haven't read all the threads completely.

http://www.readthehook.com/92943/coverstory-guard-women-brace-against-serial-rapist

From the article:
Harding notes that effective January 1, everyone who is arrested for a violent felony must submit to DNA testing. "If he gets arrested, we're taking a sample," says Harding.

So far, they've looked at over 200 people and have conclusively eliminated 100.

Do they have a suspect, then? "No," says Longo. "I wish we did."

There have been a few tantalizingly close calls from women who reported after the fact suspicious behavior of a man making inappropriate remarks and who appeared to be following them. Unfortunately, police weren't notified until too late, and they stress that this is the type of situation where they want an immediate call to 911.

In other cases, potential witnesses say they didn't report anything because they didn't want to appear racist. Is there any danger of police casting too wide a net looking for black male suspects, and in some cases asking them for a buccal swab, swiping the inside of the mouth to obtain a DNA sample?

"Legally, police have the right to ask," says Kent Willis, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Virginia. "Where the ACLU is uncomfortable is that in most circumstances when police make a request for a search, it's not voluntary because people feel coerced."

Harding wants to let people know they shouldn't worry about accusing the wrong person. "We've got the DNA" that will clear any innocent suspects, he says.

AND, the rather compelling closing from Chief Longo:
Already, Longo envisions how this case is going to be broken. "My gut tells me a citizen is going to see something or someone around a park or neighborhood that makes them feel uncomfortable."

And Harding predicts what the response to the capture of this predator, who probably seems pretty normal when he's not out raping and beating up women, will be: "Someone will say, 'We can't believe it's him.'"

Can I ask a question? How far away is Myrtle Beach from Virginia? I for some reason think that Britanny (sp) Drexel may be part of this, has this been mentioned?

Can I ask a question? How far away is Myrtle Beach from Virginia? I for some reason think that Britanny (sp) Drexel may be part of this, has this been mentioned?

About 6-6 1/2 hours. 64 to 95 and a few back roads to 17 (there are other minor variations to this route but all take basically the same time). I want to say close to 400 miles give or take a few miles.

It's about 6 hours, but it's a popular spring break spot for families, high schoolers, and college kids, which is why Brittanee was there in fact.

New to Web Sleuths, thank you all for keeping me deliciously distracted at work.

In addition to following the Hannah Graham story (may she rest in peace), I recently read more about Morgan Harrington and Jamisha Gilbert. Considering Jamisha's being completely covered in scratches from head to toe (I was shocked when I saw the images), and that these girls were found off the road, I just imagine they were running from someone. I wonder if someone ran Jamisha off the road, and she ran for her life and died in those bushes, frozen to death for fear of her attacker finding her. It just makes me sad.

I look forward to getting a cause of death in poor Hannah's case. I hope to God she didn't suffer. My heart goes out to her loved ones.

Can we agree on a format for our individual lists and what information we need on them?

What about this:
month/day/year abducted (so that we can correlate the date with ball game weekends)
Then full Name, place of abduction, date/place body discovered if applicable, POI/suspects if any, date of ball game.

That's 6 categories. Do we need anything else?

Any other considerations/ideas?

If you would like to create a spreadsheet list that will in the end have a good potential to derive meaning then I suggest going back to fundamentals that describe a predator such as JLM, select key descriptors of both JLM, victims, environment, circumstances, unique points of interest associated with each discovery of the victim.

To start with these references.

1. Bureau of Justice Statistics "An Analysis of Data on Rape and Sexual Assault"
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/SOO.PDF

Copy of the relevant sections in the table of context.

Measuring the extent of sex offending

3 Characteristics of rape/sexual assault incidents

4 Characteristics of rape/sexual assault offenders

5 Consequences of the rape/sexual assault victimization

21 Characteristics of imprisoned rape and sexual assault offenders 21

23 The victims of imprisoned rape and sexual assault offenders

25 Recidivism of violent sex offenders

27 Sex offending and murder

<modsnip>

Hope this is a contributor to your efforts

Apologies if this has already been posted or commented on (I did search the forum, but...):

What is this about JLM being investigated for a 2012 rape? See BBC News story:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29766392

"Mr Matthew, a local nursing aide [ . . . ] has since been charged with the 2005 rape and attempted murder of another young woman in Fairfax County, Virginia. Police are also investigating him in connection with the death of another Virginia university student in 2009, and the rape of a woman in Fairfax in 2012."

?

Apologies if this has already been posted or commented on (I did search the forum, but...):

"Mr Matthew, a local nursing aide [ . . . ] has since been charged with the 2005 rape and attempted murder of another young woman in Fairfax County, Virginia. Police are also investigating him in connection with the death of another Virginia university student in 2009, and the rape of a woman in Fairfax in 2012."

?

I just re-read that and deleted my original response.

Is this a mistake or is he being investigated for another Fairfax rape???

?

The article reminds us that Hannah was 5 yrs old when her family moved to Fairfax. At that time, it is possible the JLM was on the record at that time. It took 13 yrs to catch up to him. He was 19 at that time when Hannah arrived in the US. In his college years as well. Her star will shine brightly.

To highlight where the other victims may stand and the probability of justice being served
I am copying from page/section vi, Sex Offenders and Murder, in the pdf link

Since the later half of the 1980's the amount of all known murders with known circumstances in which investigators identified rape or another sexual offense as the principle circumstance of the murder has declined from 2% to less than 1%.

Between 1976 - 1995 there were 405,089 murders in the US. Of those the circumstances of the murders are known in 317, 925 or 78%.

Of those with known circumstances about 4,807 or 1.5% involved rape or another sex offense.

Offenders in sexual assault murders are about 6 yrs younger than other murderers.

Youth under the age of 18 have accounted for 10% of sexual assault murders since 1976.

I retyped the points under the section title and hope that I did that correctly.

This leads to a question of where does JLM stand in the statistics ?

Did he commit any sex crimes before he turned 18 ? Could they have consisted of murder.

Now perhaps it is important to add the years 1997 to 2000 assaults/murders to the list.

Maybe I missed it and apologies, but Bonnie Santiago also needs to be on that list. She disappeared on Carter's Mountain near Cville this July of 2014

To highlight where the other victims may stand and the probability of justice being served
I am copying from page/section vi, Sex Offenders and Murder, in the pdf link

Since the later half of the 1980's the amount of all known murders with known circumstances in which investigators identified rape or another sexual offense as the principle circumstance of the murder has declined from 2% to less than 1%.

Between 1976 - 1995 there were 405,089 murders in the US. Of those the circumstances of the murders are known in 317, 925 or 78%.

Of those with known circumstances about 4,807 or 1.5% involved rape or another sex offense.

Offenders in sexual assault murders are about 6 yrs younger than other murderers.

Youth under the age of 18 have accounted for 10% of sexual assault murders since 1976.

I retyped the points under the section title and hope that I did that correctly.

This leads to a question of where does JLM stand in the statistics ?

Did he commit any sex crimes before he turned 18 ? Could they have consisted of murder.

Now perhaps it is important to add the years 1997 to 2000 assaults/murders to the list.
There is an article stating LE is looking back into the 1990's, when he was just a teenager for connection s to other crimes. I wonder what his juvenile record shows.

There is an article stating LE is looking back into the 1990's, when he was just a teenager for connection s to other crimes. I wonder what his juvenile record shows.

I remember reading somewhere he did not have a juvenile record. I actually think chief Longo said it but I can't seem to find a direct quote.

Folks that are skeptical as to JM's unknown victim total and dark past should read 'Between Good & Evil', as well as the bio of Roger L. Depue; retired FBI BAU, imo...
The Academy think tank founded by R Depue is an excellent resource for info. The members have been very helpful and courteous to me when contacted, on more than a few occasions..

http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/Roger_L._Depue
In this first-person account of becoming the FBI&#8217;s top serial-killer hunter and a member of a religious order in an attempt to discern the true nature of good and evil, Roger L. Depue searches for an understanding of how evil develops.

Between Good and Evil is Depue&#8217;s look back at a life spent apprehending criminals, especially serial killers, first as a small-town police chief, then an FBI-SWAT team member, Behavioral Sciences Unit chief, and a developer of revolutionary law enforcement programs.

The book also examines Depue&#8217;s experience studying with the Brothers of the Missionaries of the Holy Apostles in an attempt to discover why a good person like his wife, whom he had lost to cancer, is allowed to die while monstrous criminals get to live.

Following his time in the clergy, Depue returned to law-enforcement and today heads one of the world&#8217;s most elite think tanks; 'The Academy'..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
08nomdeplume
Back