Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 59920 Use these two pictures

Fantastic Just K. This helps a great deal. We know his nose matches when his head is straight forward. For me this a clear match. I believe this was the first sketch. You know what they say about first guesses, say on exams, more likely to be right. I'd go with an earlier sketch closer to the time of the event before memory fades. No idea why it was updated.

Imagine if JM flared his nostrils and pursed his lips as if enraged. That's him. No doubt in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Also in the 2005 sexual assault she was "Carried" away. Remember witnesses at Tempo, per Coy Barefoot's article say JM sometimes likes to lift girls and put them over his shoulder, hum. Food for thought.

yeah maybe he was only 260 pounds instead of around 270 . but he was still 6'2 , still a very large man. Ever stood next to a 6'2 280 football lineman ? that is not a medium sized person

JM's height is 6'2. A few descriptions put him at 6'. Now medium describes the build per the FBI sketch. He used to be medium though muscular in 2002 at Liberty U. true he'd have to gained a lot of weight between 2005 and 07. The 07 cab pic might seem heavier b/c of his oversized clothes.

yeah maybe he was only 260 pounds instead of around 270 . but he was still 6'2 , still a very large man. Ever stood next to a 6'2 280 football lineman ? that is not a medium sized person

His 2002 Liberty U roster puts him at 220 lbs.

Do we know the size of the victim? If she is tall and athletic like HG, she may have considered him to be of medium build whereas to a petite 5' tall person he would have appeared larger. Definitely room for perspective and frame of reference of the victim to play a role in the description.

Very true. I'm 5'11 and my baby brother is 6'4. I'm just used to him, normal for my family.

Fantastic Just K. This helps a great deal. We know his nose matches when his head is straight forward. For me this a clear match. I believe this was the first sketch. You know what they say about first guesses, say on exams, more likely to be right. I'd go with an earlier sketch closer to the time of the event before memory fades. No idea why it was updated.
Agree, stick with the first drawn.
His 2002 Liberty U roster puts him at 220 lbs.
6'2" and 210*220 is definitely within medium build in my view. Players also pad their weight sometimes, depending on position.

I think when in situations where you need to report key eye witness descriptions & characteristics to the authorities, you must depersonalize and think of "the average" of the population for that particular gender. That being said, in the USA....I think for a male it is approx 5'9" and for a female about 5'4".
Bear in mind that it's an approximate.

So clearly, a man that is 6 ft + tall and over 200lbs is considered tall or large in stature.

Moo

That's true. But to some extent height gives an optical illusion of a person looking somewhat thinner than they are. At 5'11 and 150 lbs I felt I was too heavy, medium if not over weight. But everyone would say I was skinny. Definitely not skinny.

:fence:

I certainly respect your line of thinking. I think the point I was trying to make is that we all have our own perspectives and it's hard to just drop those, especially in a traumatic situation. I must be honest when I tell you that 5'9 would be below average height for a male where I live and among men that I know. All of my college age daughters (both of them) have guy friends that are all well over 6'. My entire point was about perspective and that we each have different ones. I really don't want to come off argumentative because this is really a moot point. DNA will tell the final tale here.

It can depend on ethnicity as well. Sorry kind of generalizing here, it does vary some. Anglo Saxons and Nordics tend to be taller on average. Indigenous central and south americans, Italians and some other groups tend to be shorter than the above.

I don't know how well my post will be taken, but I am overwhelmed reading this interesting thread. I wonder is this a catharsis after the arrest, or is it a brainstorming session? I have been away from WS for years at a time, but I wonder does this happen with every case?

How do we get from an arrest (with no provided evidence except the last person reported with HG) to this person is a SAD serial killer responsible for every SA within 200 miles of every place he has been? He is even responsible for the cases of which he has been ruled out. It is like every bad SVU TV episode all wrapped into one.

Sorry Mimimak to use this as an example, but there are several similar posts and post captures some recurring themes, all the bolding from me.

Again, I don't mean to offend. The risk is some distraction from solving the current case, and a delay in finding HG. In my opinion solid sleuthing would not just make all the possible connections, it would also break the connections that don't apply (and not stretch to re-connect them.)

(Ducking) ;) This is just a challenge to second guess yourselves and also be clear about the things that don't fit...maybe acknowledge the things that are imagination vs. evidence?

1. If he was falsely accused of the Liberty U (causing him anger and triggering serial mayhem), it is not evidence of a repeat offense. It cannot be both (unless he perceives he was wrongly accused and everything was taken from him.) Honestly though he doesn't appear to be a deep thinker (although I could picture him posing like The Thinker, chin on hand, for hours without thinking about anything at all.)

2. Truly how many episodes of anger have established the pattern of anger, SAD, bi-polarity? He got road rage and punched a guy, then felt bad. And what else?

3. (Most importantly) There is no evidence of anger in the HG case is there? He high fived two women 30 seconds before putting his arm around HG and establishing some kind of bond strong enough for her to wait for him outside a bar. I doubt she would have walked with and waited for a disturbed, brooding hunter out to satisfy seasonal whiteblondegirl bloodthirst.

4. Serial killers, crime rings, etc. are very, very rare. He doesn't seem bright enough to play.

I think he is a strange one, more than meets the eye, but not all he is being made out to be. I believe the arrest warrant required a buccal swab for DNA, so if there are connections I'm sure we will hear about them. I think it unlikely.

Seems more likely in this case something bad happened during the course of something else. I would really like to know the probable cause for intent to defile. They don't have her clothes. Maybe a text or photo on his phone.

Okay, throw something at me...

We're just trying on a theory. We know it's way too early to know. I agree about the SAD issue, a good portion of the entire country has it, big deal.

Not really, I think who ever did it , either was taunting the police or trying lure the police away from the area where the body was found.

But, this killer obviously holds on to sovereigns or tokens from their victims. Typical of predatory serial killers.

I've read that no one knows if the shirt is even the exact same one. Some think if it was the same one it could have been found else where and laid out so it found be found by the person who lost it. Another article, don't know which one, several days ago, states that a good friend of HM said it was the same T shirt with very special/hard to find design.

This is a photo I hardly ever see posted online, I believe it's from his senior year in HS though so we could probably get a JM photo timeline going.

LJ http://www.geocities.ws/jonnaspelbring/LJ.html

Wow, how did you find that?! You're a super sleuth. I can't read what is says behind the ads. But I can he it's him. He has a slight sadness in his face.
Yes, would be important if you're able to get a JM photo time line going.
:loveyou:

If there were no signs of sexual assault in the body and no signs of foul play, I'm guessing this one is not a match.

Is that possibly too many threads? It seems like the Morgan connection would naturally come up here often when talking about possible victims. It's hard to wade through so many threads!

I'm new but I agree with that. Is it possible to see how this thread continues and then decide? On the other and the new thread's already set up and some may have already posted....

Samantha Clarke is linked to RAT. He was the last person she was in contact with before she disappeared - "It's not hard to understand, however, why police would have questions for Taylor. He called Samantha Clarke at least five times in the hours before she disappeared. And with Samantha unable to answer questions, Taylor's the only one who knows the exact nature of those conversations."
BBM, yet he claims to have "hardly known her". They have no evidence but I really do not think she is relevant to JLM at all - but of course that is JMO!

http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment

What's the chances that the two cases - "A DNA Match" are being played down by LE, in an effort to keep things under wraps... IMO the cauldron's bubbling.

Oh I'm absolutely certain that the cauldron is bubbling. In fact I think it's bubbling over and threatening to flood the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895